PDA

View Full Version : Harris..

HibsNutter
09-05-2017, 08:59 PM
Seems to be away.

Posted a picture of him and McGeouch on Instagram with the league trophy captioned: 'Good way to end it'.

greenlex
09-05-2017, 09:01 PM
Seems to be away.

Posted a picture of him and McGeouch on Instagram with the league trophy captioned: 'Good way to end it'.
Might be Dylan or maybe even both.

Deansy
09-05-2017, 09:09 PM
Seems to be away.

Might be meaning about a 'Good way to end the season' ?? Hope so, I know opinion's divided over both re form/injuries but I hope both stay on.

cleanyman
09-05-2017, 09:10 PM
Hopefully Dylan stays.

Hopefully Harris is gone.

BSEJVT
09-05-2017, 09:12 PM
Hopefully Dylan stays.

Classy

Winston Ingram
09-05-2017, 09:19 PM
I saw this earlier but opted not to post it as I know the Harris haters love any opportunity stick the boot in

stantonhibby
09-05-2017, 09:20 PM
Hopefully Dylan stays.

No need

CraigHibee
09-05-2017, 09:27 PM
i thought harris had played not too bad in his games recently, i'd give him another year imo

Sir David Gray
09-05-2017, 09:38 PM
I would be gutted if McGeouch leaves as he's a top quality player who would be a first team regular at any club in Scotland outside of Celtic. If only he could stay fit.

Harris I feel needs to move on for the sake of his career. He's done very little in the last four years to suggest that he's worth another year.

Borderhibbie76
09-05-2017, 10:12 PM
Sick of reading this about Dylan on here
..he is under contract guys so going nowhere...unless hibs pay him off or someone else pays a fee. Neither are remotely likely to.happen so wish people would stop posting he's away
..it's nonsense. Ok rant over now

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-05-2017, 10:18 PM
Fresh start may be the best thing for Harris. Wish him well.

MagicSwirlingShip
10-05-2017, 12:03 AM
I'd give Harris another one year deal.

If McGeouch and Fyvie both leave our midfield suddenly looks pretty threadbare. :worried:

I've got a feeling Fyvie is off which is a real shame, as he is an effective player on his day; and Dylan is our best playmaker when fit (just rarely is) - I really hope we stick by him and he comes through the other side of his injury problems. :agree:

Www1875hfc
10-05-2017, 04:51 AM
I would be gutted if McGeouch leaves as he's a top quality player who would be a first team regular at any club in Scotland outside of Celtic. If only he could stay fit.

Harris I feel needs to move on for the sake of his career. He's done very little in the last four years to suggest that he's worth another year.

This for me also.
Dylan is the best football player at the club, and as you say his fitness is an issue. If he can sort that side out and stay fit I'm sure he'll have a big part to play next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
10-05-2017, 05:49 AM
Good luck to Harris but probably best for all he moves on. He showed a few flashes towards the end of the season but not enough to justify a wage for another season imo. At one time he looked like he would develop into a very exciting talent but for a number of reasons it hasn't worked out that way at Hibs so maybe time for him to try his luck elsewhere again.

JimBHibees
10-05-2017, 06:00 AM
Good luck to Harris but probably best for all he moves on. He showed a few flashes towards the end of the season but not enough to justify a wage for another season imo. At one time he looked like he would develop into a very exciting talent but for a number of reasons it hasn't worked out that way at Hibs so maybe time for him to try his luck elsewhere again.

Tend to agree with that only glimpses of his talent shown recently when we will need much more next season.

SlickShoes
10-05-2017, 06:50 AM
I really don't see what Harris offers that makes people want to pay him for another year. He burst on the scene with some great performances but those were before we were even relegated.

Brooster
10-05-2017, 06:53 AM
Time for Harris to move on. We cant keep throwing money at him on the off chance that he might come good. Lets free up the space and the money for someone who will make an impact. Dylan, on the other hand, must stay. We need him playing more often though if we are going to be top 6. Same goes for Fyvie. McGinn will also need replaced.

Bishop Hibee
10-05-2017, 07:07 AM
Harris showed so much promise but never came close to fulfilling it. Good luck to him in the future. Hibs need better players if we are to be challenging for Europe next season.

Green Badger
10-05-2017, 08:19 AM

I would agree with this. Wouldn't be surprised if he is a success elsewhere, just a pity it didn't work out at Hibs.

J-C
10-05-2017, 08:22 AM

My thoughts too, I don't know if the pressure to play for Hibs and recapture that initial promise is maybe all too much for him, he seemed to do quite well when on loan at QOS, so maybe a move like that will see him a happier player.

MB62
10-05-2017, 08:23 AM
I saw this earlier but opted not to post it as I know the Harris haters love any opportunity stick the boot in

Just because someone has an opinion that a certain player is not good enough to enhance our squad does not mean they are a HATER of that individual player. It's not as though Harris has come out and slated the club and/or fans in public or even anything remotely like that. The laddie had a bad injury at a time he was on the verge of breaking in to the first team on a regular basis and then lost his confidence afterwards.

Time for Harris to move on. We cant keep throwing money at him on the off chance that he might come good. Lets free up the space and the money for someone who will make an impact. Dylan, on the other hand, must stay. We need him playing more often though if we are going to be top 6. Same goes for Fyvie. McGinn will also need replaced.

This is exactly how I feel. The club is not a charity for convalescent players and sometimes awkward decisions have to be taken to let players go (this might end up including more than just Harris). If the laddie does get offered a new deal then good for him, but he might not even want to accept it and take the Keatings route to go elsewhere as I would doubt very much whether he will be a first team regular.
Good luck to him whatever happens, he'll certainly get my support if it turns out he is playing for the famous green & white jerseys next season.

GreenArmyyy!
10-05-2017, 08:24 AM
Another year for Harris? That's crazy.

He has done nothing to warrant it, he's not good enough to play for Hibs in the championship and he's certainly not good enough to play for us in the Premiership. That may be harsh but it's true, he's had plenty of chances to impress.

Seems a decent enough guy though, good luck wherever he ends up.

IberianHibernian
10-05-2017, 08:35 AM
Would offer Harris another year ( that may have happened and he`s been offered a longer contract elsewhere ) as I don`t think we`ll sign a more talented winger or wing back of his age . He had a good season with QOS in our division ( more goals and assists than our midfielders ) and it was a pity he missed 4 months this season at a time the team was struggling since he might have made an impact then . If he leaves , I`d certainly expect him to make an impact elsewhere .
Dylan is irreplaceable - when he plays well , the whole team is much stronger so hopefully he`ll stay and sort out his injury problems .

Andy74
10-05-2017, 10:42 AM
No need

Ach away, this is a football forum to discuss football matters, not people's feelings.

in a football sense I also hope McGeouch stays and Harris goes.

confused
10-05-2017, 10:48 AM
It's always hard to let anyone go , but if after this time it is not happening for the guy then he has to go , it means a fresh start for the player and space to try another guy ,

Forza Fred
10-05-2017, 11:12 AM
It's always hard to let anyone go , but if after this time it is not happening for the guy then he has to go , it means a fresh start for the player and space to try another guy ,

As above...we can't keep EVERYBODY!

cmcd
10-05-2017, 11:41 AM
Harris could possibly come back and bite us on the bum . IF he goes

RamYer1902
10-05-2017, 11:43 AM
Harris seems a decent lad and he's an honest player but if we really want to improve and be at the top end of the Premiership then guys like him, Stanton and Handling etc should all be moved on imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

007 Mickey Weir
10-05-2017, 11:45 AM
I think players like Harris, Stanton and Handling could be ok squad players but for there careers they need to be playing regular football. Lower Premiership or top championship teams would be ideal for them.

easty
10-05-2017, 11:48 AM
I'm a "Harris Hater", in that I'm quite happy to see him go, think he's had more than enough time to show he's good enough, failed to impress me, but still I wish him all the best for his future.

I'll no be losing any sleep about him signing for another Scottish team and having to play against us. I hope that's the standard of winger we're up against, we'll cope fine with that.

easty
10-05-2017, 11:52 AM
I think players like Harris, Stanton and Handling could be ok squad players but for there careers they need to be playing regular football.

Except that...when we were a Championship team, they weren't good enough to be ok squad players, and now we're going back to the Prem, so we definitely need better.

scoopyboy
10-05-2017, 11:59 AM

That could be argued about any player.

Can't keep everyone.

JIm
10-05-2017, 12:11 PM
If Lennon opts to keep him i'm all for that.....................if Lennon opts not to keep him, likewise i'm all for that as well....

KeithTheHibby
10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
I have nothing against Harris however he hasn't been good enough for us and shouldn't be offered a new contract.

Since we have been relegated he has barely played for Lennon or Stubbs and even when on loan has hardly been inspiring.

We are now up a level and must look for better. Same goes for guys like Handling and Stanton.

beensaidbefore
10-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Seems to be away.

Forgot to mention his name in May Cummings post from the other night. Harris supposedly away for sure. But according to the guy it is mcgeoch too so maybe more to the photo.

Borderhibbie76
10-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Would offer Harris another year ( that may have happened and he`s been offered a longer contract elsewhere ) as I don`t think we`ll sign a more talented winger or wing back of his age . He had a good season with QOS in our division ( more goals and assists than our midfielders ) and it was a pity he missed 4 months this season at a time the team was struggling since he might have made an impact then . If he leaves , I`d certainly expect him to make an impact elsewhere .
Dylan is irreplaceable - when he plays well , the whole team is much stronger so hopefully he`ll stay and sort out his injury problems .
Sorry but don't agree re Harris?? He is living on past reputation from over 4 years and has shown nothing in the interim period to warrant a new deal. Best wishes and good luck elsewhere as far as I'm concerned

SirDavidsNapper
10-05-2017, 04:16 PM
Sorry but don't agree re Harris?? He is living on past reputation from over 4 years and has shown nothing in the interim period to warrant a new deal. Best wishes and good luck elsewhere as far as I'm concerned

This. He wasn't good enough for us in the Championship so is now surplus to requirements. Wish him good luck though.

Johnny Clash
10-05-2017, 04:18 PM
I'd be sorry to see Harris go. I still think the lad has loads of potential and worth hanging on to. His confidence was hit following his spell out with an injury and I still think he'll be a cracking player once he regains his form. No guarantees of course and I'd trust Neil Lennon's judgement on this.

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Not good enough and time to move on, people will still be talking about his potential in his thirties at this rate. Not a hater just a realist.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2017, 04:30 PM

Yes he might, but most will have had a tetanus jab and i doubt he will ever play football against us ever again.

Thecat23
10-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Like to wish the lad all the best. Not good enough for what we are wanting simple as that.

Hi Heid Yin
10-05-2017, 04:57 PM
The questions around Harris have been asked and repeated ad nauseum for what seems like an eternity.
How many years do we have to keep asking about this guys ability and mental-weakness/strength?
He has had a ridiculous amount of time to prove himself and to become a regular first-team starter, for one reason or another (injuries/ attitude) he has not broken through or done enough to warrant keeping.
It really is way beyond the time when we should have been referring to him in the past tense.
I wish him well in his career with a Dumbarton or QOS-type club.

lucky
10-05-2017, 05:15 PM
How long do we give players like him? It's been 4 years since he broke through under Fenlon. Butcher, Stubbs and Lennon have not seen enough in him to play him regularly. The reality it's time for a parting of the ways.

snooky
10-05-2017, 05:40 PM
That could be argued about any player.

Can't keep everyone.

:agree: Even the bum-biters.

10-05-2017, 05:50 PM

This is where i'm at as well. I keep willing Harris to break back into the team and show us the player we saw when he first broke it but it doesn't seem to be happening. He's been unlucky with injuries but he's never really fully bounced back IMO. Shame but I genuinely don't think he will make it at hibs now and as you say, probably best for both parties if he finds another club, a club where he can get regular football and hoepfully kick start his career.

Slavoj Zizek
10-05-2017, 06:07 PM
I am not a "Harris Hater" nor a "Harris Lover."

FWIW: I liked him and thought he got some unfair heat at a difficult time.

We all want to see local guys/gals who come through our youth system do well.

If they have a successful career at any pro level then we should all be proud.

Skol
10-05-2017, 07:35 PM
I think we all wanted harris to break through and the signs were good with early promise. However, that tackle and injury has clearly impacted his confidence.

I really feel for the guy as it must be hard for him and I would love him to fulfil the promise he showed way back when he broke through.

Unfortunately, he hasnt shown anything to suggest he will be that player again, the best thing will be for him to try elsewhere. If he ends up coming back to haunt us, then it will be tough, but I would actually quite like that he has got to where he should be

Onceinawhile
10-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Gone according to the evening news.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/alex-harris-leaves-hibs-1-4442509

fat freddy
10-05-2017, 09:47 PM
I wish him well and hope theres no truth in the rumour that hearts are signing him to replace Rolf