PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Insall fails drugs test

KWJ
09-05-2017, 03:43 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/39861958

The Scottish Football Association has resumed drug testing after a nine-month period in which no tests were carried out.

The programme has already landed one positive test, from Jamie Insall, on loan at East Fife from Hibernian.

The case is being processed by UK Anti-Doping and could result in a ban.

A BBC Scotland report in February revealed a lack of testing within Scottish football, which drew criticism from the World Anti-Doping Agency.

Ukad provides no funding for testing in Scottish football, but since the governing body began allocating its own funds, 64 tests have been carried out over 16 matches.

Those began in March, with Insall testing positive after a League One game against Livingston on 11 March.

The SFA has deliberately tested across all four divisions in the Scottish Professional Football League, rather than concentrating on the top two leagues as was previously the case when Ukad funded testing in Scotland.

Ukad is not expected to provide "public interest funding" to the SFA for the foreseeable future, which means Scottish football's governing body will continue to have to finance testing if it wants to maintain current levels.

That funding is in place for at least the remainder of 2017.

Baws. Hopefully a misunderstanding and no ban.

greenlex
09-05-2017, 03:45 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/39861958

Baws. Hopefully a misunderstanding and no ban.
Again!!!!!! :wink:

hibee
09-05-2017, 03:51 PM
Think you might have missed this when it was first announced and the discussions that followed around getting rid of him because he's not a first team regular anyway.

KWJ
09-05-2017, 03:58 PM
Indeed, I noted it as a new story on BBC and did check the front page. Honest guv!

Feel free to close, admins.

greenlex
09-05-2017, 09:17 PM
Again!!!!!? He's some boy.:greengrin

Speedy
09-05-2017, 09:24 PM
One more strike and he's out.

SirDavidsNapper
10-05-2017, 11:37 AM
First time shame on him. Second time rehab

Brightside
10-05-2017, 11:52 AM
So the SFA haven't been drug testing for 9 months? Thats astonishing if true.

scoopyboy
10-05-2017, 11:56 AM
First time shame on him. Second time rehab

It's only once I think.

allezsauzee
10-05-2017, 12:34 PM
He has a roughly 1 goal in 3 record with East fife and is 25 year old and not managed to play at a higher level than this by now. The only way he was getting a game for us next season is if we were relegated rather than promoted.

JDHibs
10-05-2017, 12:41 PM
So the SFA haven't been drug testing for 9 months? Thats astonishing if true.

Apparently not, Insall was the first one to be caught pretty much straight after they started testing again.

SirDavidsNapper
10-05-2017, 12:50 PM
I'd he they guy that's in a lot of the cup winning celebrations? Always wondered who it was and looks similar

overdrive
12-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Emptied. Interesting that he's on the list of players on the official site described as leaving the Club at the "expiry of their contracts". All the press when he signed said he'd signed for 3 years. That was two years ago. Reading between the lines (excuse the pun), has his contract been terminated?

Pretty Boy
12-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Does anyone really believe Insall was caught randomly? It would be the same 'random' testing that caught Jordan McMillan.

Slavers
12-05-2017, 02:44 PM
At least Garry O'Conner banged in a good few goals for the Hibees before getting oan the bingo!

CMurdoch
12-05-2017, 02:46 PM
Emptied. Interesting that he's on the list of players on the official site described as leaving the Club at the "expiry of their contracts". All the press when he signed said he'd signed for 3 years. That was two years ago. Reading between the lines (excuse the pun), has his contract been terminated?

Think it will have been terminated. He was never going to make it at Hibs.
Obviously if he was a good player Hibs would be keeping and supporting him.

H18 SFR
12-05-2017, 02:48 PM
Does anyone really believe Insall was caught randomly? It would be the same 'random' testing that caught Jordan McMillan.

I was out in George Street about 5 weeks ago, I noticed Insall and Wallace having a chat...

JDHibs
12-05-2017, 03:22 PM
Hes put up on facebook something along the lines -

"my release has nothing to do with any personal issues in my life"

It was reported that his contract was 3 year, unless Hibs are just making it respectful due to the impending failed drug test outcome...

silverhibee
12-05-2017, 03:27 PM

No chance, the testers don't even do leagues 1 & 2, he has been grassed up by someone.

I'll leave it at that.

JimBHibees
12-05-2017, 03:30 PM

No chance the SFA admitted recently they hadnt tested anyone for about 9 months which seemed a staggering admission of incompetence IMO.

Velma Dinkley
12-05-2017, 03:36 PM
No chance, the testers don't even do leagues 1 & 2, he has been grassed up by someone.

I'll leave it at that.

The SFA has deliberately tested across all four divisions in the Scottish Professional Football League, rather than concentrating on the top two leagues as was previously the case when Ukad funded testing in Scotland.

hibbysam
12-05-2017, 03:36 PM

I'll leave it at that.

There was a report just in the last few days into this and I don't think that's the case anymore. When WADA funded the checks, they missed out Division 1 and 2, however now the SFA fund it themselves I am sure it said it includes the lower leagues.

CMurdoch
12-05-2017, 03:47 PM
No chance the SFA admitted recently they hadnt tested anyone for about 9 months which seemed a staggering admission of incompetence IMO.

Think it is more about the substantial costs involved in running a testing programme rather than incompetence.
If the television companies were to pay us a reasonable price for our product we could afford goal line technology, a drugs testing programme etc etc.
IMO such a programme would catch a few dafties like McMillan and Insall who use drugs socially rather than for performance enhancement.

silverhibee
12-05-2017, 04:20 PM
There was a report just in the last few days into this and I don't think that's the case anymore. When WADA funded the checks, they missed out Division 1 and 2, however now the SFA fund it themselves I am sure it said it includes the lower leagues.

Yeah, I had read about the changes, the SFA saying they are funding it themselves is a grey area, that could mean they go to 1 game a month to pick a player out for a drugs test, if they attend a league 1 or 2 game then it's more than likely they have been tipped off about a player.

.Sean.
12-05-2017, 04:26 PM
Has it been reported anywhere that it's ching he was caught out with?

CRAZYHIBBY
12-05-2017, 05:34 PM

I'll leave it at that.

I reckon it was lee wallace