Great news.

SteveHFC
09-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Very happy with that.

Captain Trips
09-05-2017, 12:08 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7537

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent news 4 solid players and Laidlaw a very capable GK.

Since90+2
09-05-2017, 12:10 PM
Good news.

Now its been confirmed that Gray and Daz will be here next season makes the decision to play them against Ayr even more baffling given they will now miss the opening day of the season.

green day
09-05-2017, 12:10 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7537

Magic :flag::flag:

BSEJVT
09-05-2017, 12:13 PM
So no word so far on the following players out of contract:

Fyvie
Humphrey
Harris
Fontaine
Holt

Have I missed anyone?

I think Handling & Stanton still have time left on their contracts?

Obviously our 3 loanees are going back to their clubs.

Potentially quite a lot of rebuilding to be done

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2017, 12:13 PM

Fyvie
Humphrey
Harris
Fontaine
Holt

Have I missed anyone?

Boyle

Sean1875
09-05-2017, 12:15 PM
Good to have it all officially confirmed :agree:

Heisenberg
09-05-2017, 12:16 PM
I thought Boyle would've been a stick on to sign a new deal.

Cameron1875
09-05-2017, 12:17 PM
David, DAVID GRAY!!!

Craig_HFC
09-05-2017, 12:18 PM
Good news.

Hopefully Fyvie & Boyle to follow.

GreenCastle
09-05-2017, 12:19 PM

Fyvie
Humphrey
Harris
Fontaine
Holt

Have I missed anyone?

Fyvie will go - supposedly contract been on the table for a while.

Boyle - would expect to stay.

Holt ? Who knows..maybe move back closer to family.

Fontaine - hopefully stays

Harris and Humphrey - I guess it depends what we have lined up.

Great news about those staying..leaders..winners and those who know what the club is all about !!

Seveno
09-05-2017, 12:23 PM
Brilliant news.

JohnMcM
09-05-2017, 12:25 PM
Chuffed to bits with this news.:greengrin

scoopyboy
09-05-2017, 12:26 PM
An excellent start.

I wonder how many of the others will stay, not convinced too many.

Hibs will be wanting answers from those who have been made offers and not responded as yet. I believe a deadline has been set.

oneone73
09-05-2017, 12:27 PM
An excellent start.

Hibs will be wanting answers from those who have been made offers and not responded as yet. I believe a deadline has been set.

Fyvie and Boyle would see me happy.

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2017, 12:29 PM
An excellent start.

Sensible to have a cut off point. Hibs need to be able to plan for next season.

scoopyboy
09-05-2017, 12:29 PM

Fyvie may have an option or two, I thought Boyle would have signed before the ink on the offer had dried.

Gatecrasher
09-05-2017, 12:31 PM
Very happy with that!

Conrad Gray
09-05-2017, 12:33 PM
Well done Hibs

J-C
09-05-2017, 12:35 PM
Fyvie may have an option or two, I thought Boyle would have signed before the ink on the offer had dried.

I had heard Boyle signed last week also

kaimendhibs
09-05-2017, 12:36 PM
Great news, and good and early too. Cmon Martin Boyle, get signed up

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
09-05-2017, 12:38 PM
I'd like Boyle and Fyvie to sign as well but I suspect it might just be Boyle.

GreenNWhiteArmy
09-05-2017, 12:41 PM
Great news. Hopefully that doesn't mean the rest wont be renewing though...

Particularly Fyvie, Fonts, Holt and Boyle I'm keen to stay on

Big_Franck
09-05-2017, 12:43 PM
Great news. I didn't realise Boyle was out of contract as well. Really hope he signs an extension as well.

supermcginn
09-05-2017, 12:52 PM
Hope boyle stays but got a feeling he's had a good offer from a club in the top 4 of the spfl who have lost a wide player for next season.

danhibees1875
09-05-2017, 12:55 PM
Excellent news. :thumbsup:

Boyle, Holt, Fonts, Fyvie, & the signing of Rocky for next weeks "Signed 5" announcement (actually, is the window open yet?)

Then McGinn and Cummings on bumper deals until 2021

Then a big, mobile, goal scoring number 9.

Then Henderson :greengrin

Scooter
09-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Hope boyle stays but got a feeling he's had a good offer from a club in the top 4 of the spfl who have lost a wide player for next season.

The sheep

Speedway
09-05-2017, 01:03 PM
I had heard Boyle signed last week also

I believe that's correct. Strange that it wouldn't be announced with the fantastic five though.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-05-2017, 01:05 PM
Excellent news. :thumbsup:

Boyle, Holt, Fonts, Fyvie, & the signing of Rocky for next weeks "Signed 5" announcement (actually, is the window open yet?)

Then McGinn and Cummings on bumper deals until 2021

Then a big, mobile, goal scoring number 9.

Then Henderson :greengrin

You missed off Stevie Mallan and Efe Ambrose..... :wink:

Probably see at least 2 strikers come in if Keatings (confirmed) and Graham (Rumoured) are away

MWHIBBIES
09-05-2017, 01:19 PM
Really hope Fyvie is signed soon, would hate to lose him for free.

Springbank
09-05-2017, 01:22 PM
Humphrey & Boyle would be nice, I think Fyvie found his level in the Championship

Onion
09-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Great news to get these guys signed up quickly so we can start to build around them.

Ozyhibby
09-05-2017, 01:32 PM
Humphrey & Boyle would be nice, I think Fyvie found his level in the Championship

If Fyvie leaves it won't be a championship club that picks him up.

ShinyFantastic
09-05-2017, 01:33 PM
Let's hope a similar announcement regarding Boyle isn't imminent...

Col2
09-05-2017, 01:39 PM
I believe that's correct. Strange that it wouldn't be announced with the fantastic five though.

I wonder if they are packaging up the news for this week. Maybe to include Fyvie and/or Holt and these not over the line just yet?

Borderhibbie76
09-05-2017, 01:45 PM
An excellent start.

Only surprise so far is Boyle - thought he would have been desperate to stay. I think Fyvie is away tbh and the rest not overly fussed tho I would be happy to see Fonts stay on

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
09-05-2017, 02:41 PM
If Fyvie leaves it won't be a championship club that picks him up.

Yep, Fyvie is a good spl player, he is much better than the championship. If Fyvies level is championship so is the rest of our squad because he is one of our best.

Deansy
09-05-2017, 02:50 PM
Great news, especially delighted Marv's signed as I think he'll really excel in the SPL !

Bostonhibby
09-05-2017, 02:54 PM
Great news. Hopefully we're managing the good news in phases and Martin Boyle had already signed and next to be announced

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

West lower
09-05-2017, 02:57 PM
If you add Paul Hanlon to Gray, MacGregor and Stevenson, we have good continuity and a solid back four in place.. Also have 4 guys who know what playing for Hibs is about, and also know how to win against Hearts, which for a long time we did not have. Psychologically massive. Hearts fans know it too. All good.

houstonhibbee
09-05-2017, 03:13 PM
Fyvie will go - supposedly contract been on the table for a while.

Boyle - would expect to stay.

Holt ? Who knows..maybe move back closer to family.

Fontaine - hopefully stays

Harris and Humphrey - I guess it depends what we have lined up.

Great news about those staying..leaders..winners and those who know what the club is all about !!
wonder if those 5 were the only ones offered two year deals and that's why the others are weighing up options......

HoboHarry
09-05-2017, 03:18 PM
Aye right you are then :faf:

Arch Stanton
09-05-2017, 03:20 PM
If you add Paul Hanlon to Gray, MacGregor and Stevenson, we have good continuity and a solid back four in place.. Also have 4 guys who know what playing for Hibs is about, and also know how to win against Hearts, which for a long time we did not have. Psychologically massive. Hearts fans know it too. All good.

Good continuity is fair enough but if it's pretty much the same squad there isn't likely to be much improvement. Probably a bit of a reality check for me but I was expecting more.

While I can see us competing well with Huns and Dons I think a realistic ambition will be to finish top 6 - a decent target to aim for, but somehow I had visions of greater things.

Over pessimistic maybe.

Bishop Hibee
09-05-2017, 03:22 PM
Fair enough. I wonder if that will knock the Steven Whittaker rumour on the head? Personally I'd like to see him sign. Unlike LB where Crane will hopefully be challenging Stevenson next year, there is no competition for the RB position.

1van Sprou7e
09-05-2017, 03:23 PM
Would be really surprised if Boyle leaves

Fyvie I can see leaving but I will be a bit gutted if he does

Fontaine + Holt are both great players who I'd be more than happy to keep but understandable if they choose to move on

Harris+Humphrey I'm less bothered about as long as we can sign a couple of really good wide men

SON OF PADDY
09-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Just been told that Rocky has signed 😁 it's ment to be on Facebook ?
Please be true...

hibs#1
09-05-2017, 03:25 PM
Good continuity is fair enough but if it's pretty much the same squad there isn't likely to be much improvement. Probably a bit of a reality check for me but I was expecting more.

While I can see us competing well with Huns and Dons I think a realistic ambition will be to finish top 6 - a decent target to aim for, but somehow I had visions of greater things.

Over pessimistic maybe.

I'd imagine we will be adding to the squad lennon probably does want better than is already in place but it would foolish in the extreme just to let all out of contract players to leave at once they proven themselves against most teams we've come up against.

Just need to add a few good players here and there.

West lower
09-05-2017, 03:25 PM

Over pessimistic maybe.

I reckon that is as good a back four as any outwith Celtic. Our failings( if you can call them that ) was the lack of goal threat from midfield and some strikers.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
09-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Great news, cant remember the last time we had such a consistent back four.

If stevenson sees out this contract,he really will be approaching modern day legend status, if he hasn't already.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Great news, cant remember the last time we had such a consistent back four.

If stevenson sees out this contract,he really will be approaching modern day legend status, if he hasn't already.

Only Hibs player to win both the Scottish and League cup with the club

I think he's a legend already

Sean1875
09-05-2017, 03:42 PM
I reckon that is as good a back four as any outwith Celtic. Our failings( if you can call them that ) was the lack of goal threat from midfield and some strikers.

Exactly this - our back 4 + Rocky are largely the reason we won the league, solid :aok:

KWJ
09-05-2017, 03:47 PM

Me too. Boyle more as a sub. Humphrey doing the same wouldn't be bad if we can have the depth, even Holt too so long as we bring in somebody better. Good to have options.

I'd also like to see Stanton stay but be loaned out again. Reckon he'll back in the prem soon enough and will do well.

Scouse Hibee
09-05-2017, 04:33 PM

Really? I think his level is higher.

alihibs1
09-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Would be very surprised if Boyle don't sign. His girlfriend plays for Hibs ladies.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Baw187
09-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Would be very surprised if Boyle don't sign. His girlfriend plays for Hibs ladies.

Not sure that'll be a factor in his decision!

AlbertK86
09-05-2017, 09:07 PM
Just been told that Rocky has signed dde01 it's ment to be on Facebook ? Please be true...

Would love it to be true but he is under contract at another club and as the window isn't open yet then cannot be

NSRect: {{0.47681817, 0}, {0.00090909092, 1}}

Dunbar Hibee
09-05-2017, 09:40 PM

He has.👍🏻

Eyrie
09-05-2017, 10:15 PM
Delighted by all five deals.

I'm now hoping for Boyle, Fyvie (not confident) and Marciano. I'd try for Ambrose first and if we can't get him, keep Fontaine.

The other out of contract players can go with my best wishes and I'd be very relaxed about Handling, Graham and Stanton looking elsewhere for regular football.

Sir David Gray
09-05-2017, 10:42 PM
I'm just pleased Sir David will be with us next season.

I couldn't have stomached seeing him play for another Scottish club.

scoopyboy
09-05-2017, 10:42 PM
Would love it to be true but he is under contract at another club and as the window isn't open yet then cannot be

So are Danny Swanson and James Keatings.

Everything can be in place between Hibs and Ashdod and can be registered when window opens.

GreenCastle
09-05-2017, 11:04 PM
Boyle - his fiancé does play for Hibs ladies but she is also from Aberdeen but think he will stay with Hibs as happy here.

Fyvie - I sense he will go to another Scottish club - got a feeling Aberdeen.

Harris - his Instagram picture could be a cryptic message saying he's away or maybe not. Lennon seems to like him.

Graham away - St Johnstone supposedly

Rocky and his model girlfriend love it here - hopefully something can be agreed between clubs and no visa issues.

Curious to see who Lennon will bring in to replace the 5 or 6 who leave.

Wonder if any will come up from Dev team and who is getting kept on as some very promising players.

AlbertK86
10-05-2017, 04:46 AM
So are Danny Swanson and James Keatings. Everything can be in place between Hibs and Ashdod and can be registered when window opens.

They are pre-contract signings as they're contracts finish in summer.

Rocky has a year to go so can't sign pre-contract.

Hopefully Hibs have verbal agreement with his club

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

MWHIBBIES
10-05-2017, 05:10 AM

You can sign players outside the window regardless of their contract situation. Everything except the player playing and being registered can happy outside the window.

An example would be Gotze signing for Bayern before the Dortmund/Bayern CL final. He couldnt join yet but everything was done.

overdrive
10-05-2017, 06:34 AM
You can sign players outside the window regardless of their contract situation. Everything except the player playing and being registered can happy outside the window.

An example would be Gotze signing for Bayern before the Dortmund/Bayern CL final. He couldnt join yet but everything was done.

Indeed. An example closer to home was Scott Brown. We sold him to Celtic before the end of the season. He even played for us against Celtic (and scored) after the deal had been announced.

scoopyboy
10-05-2017, 08:50 AM
They are pre-contract signings as they're contracts finish in summer.

Rocky has a year to go so can't sign pre-contract.

Hopefully Hibs have verbal agreement with his club

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Scott Brown's transfer to Celtic was announced well in advance of the transfer window.

It can be done except for the registration.