PDA

View Full Version : the famous five sculpture

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-05-2017, 11:50 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows who is/was involved in doing the visualisations for the famous five sculpture which will be installed at easter road?

i am a 3d visualiser and i would like to do a personal project for it.

does anyone have any contact details for either the designer or someone within the club who is dealing with it?

any help would be great

tamig
09-05-2017, 12:31 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows who is/was involved in doing the visualisations for the famous five sculpture which will be installed at easter road?

i am a 3d visualiser and i would like to do a personal project for it.

does anyone have any contact details for either the designer or someone within the club who is dealing with it?

any help would be great
Emailing Leeann would be a good start 👍

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-05-2017, 12:32 PM
thanks you got her email address?

Onceinawhile
09-05-2017, 12:33 PM
It's nothing to do with the club and chances of it being installed at Easter road are slim to none. It also hasn't been funded or even started to be funded.

It's a Hibernian retro idea and as far as I'm aware he's burned his bridges with the club.

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-05-2017, 12:39 PM
thats not good. basically im looking for a 3D model of it and also the stadium. if not i can model the stadium, no problem but to model the sculpture would be something else completely :confused:

Jack
09-05-2017, 01:17 PM
It's nothing to do with the club and chances of it being installed at Easter road are slim to none. It also hasn't been funded or even started to be funded.

It's a Hibernian retro idea and as far as I'm aware he's burned his bridges with the club.

It's not a Hibernian Retro idea. As usual they stole/hijacked the idea. It had been discussed at Working Together many times but had been put on hold not long after relegation.

The last I heard, many many months ago, the Historical Trust were leading the project. At least I'm pretty sure they were.

Onceinawhile
09-05-2017, 01:23 PM
It's not a Hibernian Retro idea. As usual they stole/hijacked the idea. It had been discussed at Working Together many times but had been put on hold not long after relegation.

The last I heard, many many months ago, the Historical Trust were leading the project. At least I'm pretty sure they were.

Ok. I maybe slightly misunderstood that. I'm just aware that it's certainly them who have been pushing for it and publicising it.

No plans for hht to take it forward at this moment that I'm aware of.

Framie
09-05-2017, 02:09 PM
thats not good. basically im looking for a 3D model of it and also the stadium. if not i can model the stadium, no problem but to model the sculpture would be something else completely :confused:

https://mobile.twitter.com/knox_david/status/856050605160353792/photo/1

think this may help

tamig
09-05-2017, 02:32 PM
thanks you got her email address?

It's ldempster@hibernianfc.co.uk

Oscar T Grouch
09-05-2017, 02:41 PM

think this may help

This must be in the pipeline if they've had a maquette made up?

NAE NOOKIE
09-05-2017, 02:46 PM
If folk are looking for a project there's a massive gable end outside the Famous Five stand that's just crying our for a Hibs mural .... I cant understand how any artistic minded Hibby can walk past it and not wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat over all that bare blank space :dunno:

CropleyWasGod
09-05-2017, 04:12 PM
This must be in the pipeline if they've had a maquette made up?

Look at the badge in the background.

I'm guessing that the guy is the artist that Retro have been talking about in the past. As has been said, nowt to do with the club.

Johnny Clash
09-05-2017, 05:23 PM
If folk are looking for a project there's a massive gable end outside the Famous Five stand that's just crying our for a Hibs mural .... I cant understand how any artistic minded Hibby can walk past it and not wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat over all that bare blank space :dunno:

Great idea - need a Hibby version of Banksy !

RoYO!
09-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Anyone want to pose a ball park on how much this would cost? Model looks great.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2017, 06:14 PM
If people want to see a Famous 5 statue wait until Hibs announce something official. Don't give a penny to 3rd parties acting alone unofficially.

Onceinawhile
09-05-2017, 06:18 PM

Sure it was around 2 or 300,000

09-05-2017, 06:19 PM

It's not a model, that's the finished sculpture.They looked life size when the bloke bought them off eBay.

Centre Hawf
09-05-2017, 06:51 PM
If people want to see a Famous 5 statue wait until Hibs announce something official. Don't give a penny to 3rd parties acting alone unofficially. This. The club have announced nothing and it will take more than just getting someone to make it to get this placed anywhere, so the odds in this happening really are low in my eyes. I remember Hibernian Retro trying to take money to help fund it and I hope no one was daft enough to give anything.

Mibbes Aye
09-05-2017, 11:02 PM
It's not a model, that's the finished sculpture.They looked life size when the bloke bought them off eBay.

They are lifesize.

But the bloke who bought them is really, really tall :agree:

Twiglet
09-05-2017, 11:16 PM
The Historical Trust are not involved in a statue, there are some other projects HHT are doing that take priority.

Peevemor
10-05-2017, 12:12 AM
https://youtu.be/vh5kZ4uIUC0

Mibbes Aye
11-05-2017, 12:04 AM

That's the one :greengrin

11-05-2017, 02:24 AM

:greengrin

hibsdaft
11-05-2017, 07:17 PM

Totally agree. Maybe the Cabbage Kid could knock a design up, just to illustrate the concept?

BlackSheep
07-08-2019, 09:24 PM
Thought I’d bump this thread as I think the famous 5 statue would be a great addition to the stadium.... wonder if now is the time.

CMurdoch
07-08-2019, 11:21 PM

think this may help

The fitbaw team, Russ Abbot & the sculpture in that photo are aw deid.

CapitalGreen
07-08-2019, 11:22 PM
Thought I’d bump this thread as I think the famous 5 statue would be a great addition to the stadium.... wonder if now is the time.

No thanks

BlackSheep
08-08-2019, 06:05 AM
No thanks

Why? Am I missing something? The image of the famous five on the stadium is poor, a rubbish silhouette... this statue would look great... stick it on the club shop roof and it would look great.

bigwheel
08-08-2019, 06:56 AM
Why? Am I missing something? The image of the famous five on the stadium is poor, a rubbish silhouette... this statue would look great... stick it on the club shop roof and it would look great.

Got to agree with this [emoji119]

RoYO!
08-08-2019, 07:40 AM
What a bizarre place to put a statue.

I believe there was some doubt about the legitimacy of these plans? Some saw it as a money grab? Apologies if this is wide of the mark.

we are hibs
08-08-2019, 07:46 AM
No thanks

Bizarre.

BlackSheep
08-08-2019, 07:55 AM
What a bizarre place to put a statue.

I believe there was some doubt about the legitimacy of these plans? Some saw it as a money grab? Apologies if this is wide of the mark.

It’s the only raised platform space at the famous five stand... not sure how that’s bizarre?

If it were to be installed at ground level it would only be a target for vandalism...

BlackSheep
08-08-2019, 07:57 AM
If the artist wanted payment for the sculpture then so be it...

blackpoolhibs
08-08-2019, 08:00 AM
It’s the only raised platform space at the famous five stand... not sure how that’s bizarre?

If it were to be installed at ground level it would only be a target for vandalism...

Outside the main stand would be my choice, and it would be easy to build a raised plinth to put it on anywhere around the ground surely?

Sean1875
08-08-2019, 08:13 AM
Slight thread hijack, but with the F5 already having a stand named after them, I wouldn't mind seeing a statue of David Gray instead, perhaps in his famous full time whistle pose on the 21st May. Not essentially just as a direct statue to him (he is of course the biggest Hibernian legend in my lifetime IMO) but more as symbolic to the events of that day.

BlackSheep
08-08-2019, 09:36 AM
Outside the main stand would be my choice, and it would be easy to build a raised plinth to put it on anywhere around the ground surely?

I think that would take away from space in that area, our stadium is very confined as it is... if i have time i will try and do a wee mock up of how it would look and im sure it would help convince that location would suit

Daniel 1875
08-08-2019, 09:44 AM

FWIW the Matt Busby statue above the entrance/exit to the Man United club shop looks very impressive where it is.

Moulin Yarns
08-08-2019, 09:50 AM
The fitbaw team, Russ Abbot & the sculpture in that photo are aw deid.

I would hope that the sculpture is dead. Unless you meant the sculptor? 😉

RoYO!
08-08-2019, 09:52 AM

It’s bizarre from the point of view that statues are normally installed on a plinth of some sort or at ground level.

I’ve never seen one sitting on top of a canopy above a shop! :)

Maybe I’m not recalling the area correctly.

I agree that it would be an excellent addition somewhere in/ around the ground.

However,

SDG kneeling with arms aloft please!

MB62
08-08-2019, 10:51 AM
Or one of Lewis? The ONLY Hibernian player ever to lift both League and Scottish cup trophies.

bigwheel
08-08-2019, 11:02 AM
Or one of Lewis? The ONLY Hibernian player ever to lift both League and Scottish cup trophies.

Hahaha. Where do I do donate??

Suspect you may have set off a hand-grenade there [emoji2]

Oscar T Grouch
08-08-2019, 11:22 AM
It’s bizarre from the point of view that statues are normally installed on a plinth of some sort or at ground level.

However,

While not above a shop exactly Man U have Busby statue on a canopy over the entrance to Old Trafford

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Old_Trafford_front.jpg

Moulin Yarns
08-08-2019, 11:25 AM

However,

I can think of one sculptor who has done lots of sculptures on buildings. Google 'gormley sculptures on buildings'

RoYO!
08-08-2019, 11:36 AM
I’m aware of Antony Gormley thanks.

Like I say, maybe I’m not recalling the surroundings but those statues have impact due to the imposing nature of the buildings/ brutalist/ elevation.

Not on a shan wee jutty our bit of shop. But hey ho the plan seems to have the .net seal of approval!