PDA

View Full Version : Cummings

beensaidbefore
08-05-2017, 10:40 PM
Not seen anywhere else,apologies if so.

Spoke to someone tonight who said Cummings is defo away. I dunno know if there is any truth in that?

Also said, fyvie and mcgeoch away so not sure if he has inside knowledge of slavering pish. Apparently told by the parent of a first team squad player, who will remain anonymous.☺

Shoot me down if it's nonsense! 😁

houstonhibbee
08-05-2017, 10:46 PM

Spoke to someone tonight who said Cummings is defo away. I dunno know if there is any truth in that?

Also said, fyvie and mcgeoch away so not sure if he has inside knowledge of slavering pish. Apparently told by the parent of a first team squad player, who will remain anonymous.☺

What does "away"mean?

Agreed terms with another club that have made an acceptable offer to Hibs?

Or in principle he wants to move away assuming the above happens?

Ronniekirk
08-05-2017, 10:46 PM

Spoke to someone tonight who said Cummings is defo away. A gone know if there is any truth in that?

Shoot me down if it's nonsense! [emoji16]

Unless we are paying Dylan off he isn't going anywhere as no one will come in for him because of his injury situation
Fyvie would be like Keating's could dign pre contract if he has had hood offer
Cummings If Lennon is resigned yo losing him he would want that to happen as soon as to know what money he has yo buy replacement
But not in the know so wouldn't know if talking pish or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
08-05-2017, 10:47 PM

Yes defo away to Ibiza.

Borderhibbie76
08-05-2017, 10:50 PM
Silly season is upon us again...unless Dylan is paid off he is going nowhere for starters

SeanWilson
08-05-2017, 10:54 PM
https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10154181273031362&id=608211361

beensaidbefore
08-05-2017, 10:55 PM
What does "away"mean?

Agreed terms with another club that have made an acceptable offer to Hibs?

Or in principle he wants to move away assuming the above happens?

Not sure mate. Can't remember the exact words but it went some thing like... See Cummings is away... Aye!?...definitely, he's away. Heard it from.....dad.

As I said could be a lot of pish. The guy is a good hibby though.

HibsNutter
08-05-2017, 11:09 PM

For starters there is no way that Mcgeouch is leaving. And who is this mystery someone, and why would they know all this?

houstonhibbee
08-05-2017, 11:30 PM
Not sure mate. Can't remember the exact words but it went some thing like... See Cummings is away... Aye!?...definitely, he's away. Heard it from.....dad.

As I said could be a lot of pish. The guy is a good hibby though.
hmmmm, not very convincing........but we shall see

In my opinion it's not in Cummings control what happens as he's under contract

The Leith Dutch
08-05-2017, 11:36 PM
hmmmm, not very convincing........but we shall see

In my opinion it's not in Cummings control what happens as he's under contract

See this said a lot but it's not really true except in the technical sense.
In the real world if any player at any club decides they want to move it's almost certain they'll get to.

Once in a while a club play hard ball but it's very, very rare.
When the player no longer wants to play for you it's really just a question of how you cut the deal.

Fortunately, I think the current people running the club are good at that.

Jim44
08-05-2017, 11:47 PM

Bang!!!

houstonhibbee
09-05-2017, 12:08 AM
See this said a lot but it's not really true except in the technical sense.
In the real world if any player at any club decides they want to move it's almost certain they'll get to.

Once in a while a club play hard ball but it's very, very rare.
When the player no longer wants to play for you it's really just a question of how you cut the deal.

Fortunately, I think the current people running the club are good at that.

Ok, but even if he wants away and Hibs agree they still need someone to come in with an acceptable offer that matches Hibs valuation. Based on knocking back $1.7m in January I assume that valuation is min $2m - $2.5m. Remains to be seen if we get such an offer but agree that in principle if he is desperate to move it will likely happen.

The Leith Dutch
09-05-2017, 06:55 AM
Ok, but even if he wants away and Hibs agree they still need someone to come in with an acceptable offer that matches Hibs valuation. Based on knocking back $1.7m in January I assume that valuation is min $2m - $2.5m. Remains to be seen if we get such an offer but agree that in principle if he is desperate to move it will likely happen.

Absolutely - club is in a very strong position: young saleable asset signed up to a decent length contract and who's a good bet for scoring a lot of goals if he stays :)

scoopyboy
09-05-2017, 07:03 AM

Not so sure we will accept dollars. :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
09-05-2017, 07:10 AM
Why won't Dylan be going anywhere?

I can't see us keeping him on.

Brightside
09-05-2017, 07:13 AM

Hes on a contract so would need paid off. We don't tend to do that and tbh with a decent rest and therapy he could be one of our nest players next season.

Deek9
09-05-2017, 07:24 AM

Have heard he may be going to The Rangers from a pretty reliable source.

bigwheel
09-05-2017, 07:25 AM

Rangers have NO money...they will not be paying circa 3M (which it would take) for anyone...

superfurryhibby
09-05-2017, 07:26 AM

Surely your at the wind-up. On the monthly McGeouch thread and at least twice on this short one it has been explained?

Not really sure I understand the whoosh business though, what purpose does it serve:wink:

H18 SFR
09-05-2017, 07:27 AM

Where on earth are Rangers securing the funding from?

Ozyhibby
09-05-2017, 07:28 AM

Rangers can't afford Jason Cummings. That's one place he definitely will not end up.

Deek9
09-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Rangers have NO money...they will not be paying circa 3M (which it would take) for anyone...

Just saying what I've been told. It's not like The Rangers won't be signing anyone and I don't think we'll get anywhere near £3M for Cumdog.

DH1875
09-05-2017, 07:38 AM
Just saying what I've been told. It's not like The Rangers won't be signing anyone and I don't think we'll get anywhere near £3M for Cumdog.

OK, let's say £2M then. Rangers still don't have that kinda money so he ain't going there.

Deek9
09-05-2017, 07:42 AM
OK, let's say £2M then. Rangers still don't have that kinda money so he ain't going there.

I hope you're right. It will be difficult to replace his goal scoring record.

SChibs
09-05-2017, 07:45 AM
Hes no going to rangers as it is the same as the Scott Allan saga. Rangers will be our direct rivals next season so why would we sell our top scorer to them?

Bostonhibby
09-05-2017, 07:55 AM
They've got even less money than the gorgie cake men so it seems unlikely. Especially as he's contracted so there's going to be clubs with more cash for transfer fees and wages if we decide to sell.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

bigwheel
09-05-2017, 07:59 AM

we knocked back 1.8M last year...so I think it's very reasonable to expect over 2...

Rangers are struggling to meet their financial obligations as it is...so whilst they will have season ticket sales - I think you can largely expect free transfers from them this season...

mcfly
09-05-2017, 08:00 AM
Utter rubbish

Why would hibs board lose all the goodwill
And feel good factor selling our top scorer to them.

Won't happen - Lennon won't allow it.

Not to them

Anyhow they're skint - so please tell me how they will pay the millions it would take. Bearing in mind they paid £1.8 million for garner 😂😂

Unseen work
09-05-2017, 08:15 AM
I would be stunned if we allowe Cummings, Fyvie, Mcgeouch and Mcginn leave this window.

That would rip our team to pieces and it would be some task to replace them with the same quality and get them ready for pre season.

i can only see players leaving for fee's or if they're not wanted I.e Cummings, Mcginn and Graham

oneone73
09-05-2017, 08:18 AM
Nothing we can do about Fyvie if he wants to go.

GreenPJ
09-05-2017, 08:19 AM
we knocked back 1.8M last year...so I think it's very reasonable to expect over 2...

Rangers are struggling to meet their financial obligations as it is...so whilst they will have season ticket sales - I think you can largely expect free transfers from them this season...

Rangers were struggling financially when they signed Joey Barton, the huddy CH who used to be at Arsenal and paid big money for Garner. I hope and don't think its true about Cummings but its also not beyond the realms of possibility that Rangers directors could put together a package to spend a couple of million, especially if season ticket sales are slow.

King has spent pretty much nothing on Rangers vs his promises, a relatively small outlay might be enough to keep the hordes happy.

Unseen work
09-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Absolutely no chance we will sell to Rangers.

Lennon hates them and will genuinely feel we can finish above them next season,

Fwiw I don't think Jase would go to rangers either.

Ozyhibby
09-05-2017, 08:31 AM
Rangers were struggling financially when they signed Joey Barton, the huddy CH who used to be at Arsenal and paid big money for Garner. I hope and don't think its true about Cummings but its also not beyond the realms of possibility that Rangers directors could put together a package to spend a couple of million, especially if season ticket sales are slow.

King has spent pretty much nothing on Rangers vs his promises, a relatively small outlay might be enough to keep the hordes happy.

Rangers financial situation has got a lot worse since last year and the highest fee they could muster was £1.8m for Garner and that was in instalments.
Given that we have already turned down that kind of money for Cummings, there is no way they can afford him.

Captain Trips
09-05-2017, 08:33 AM
All calls etc from The Rangers should be ignored all faxes should be binned.

Arch Stanton
09-05-2017, 08:39 AM
Absolutely no chance we will sell to Rangers.

Lennon hates them and will genuinely feel we can finish above them next season,

Fwiw I don't think Jase would go to rangers either.

I wonder about that - of course he will hate their moronic support and with very good reason but he just seems too level headed to let it affect his decision making.

I also wonder if he would want to keep JC at all costs - he was going mental at him during the St M game and not for the first time this season. He may well think he could build a better functioning team without him - and we weren't short of goals when JC was dropped, were we?

And as for Jase not wanting to go to Rangers, you never know with footballers - it often amazes me how KM can be such a stalwart for their cause.

But yes, he wont be going anywhere. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
09-05-2017, 09:00 AM
I wonder about that - of course he will hate their moronic support and with very good reason but he just seems too level headed to let it affect his decision making.

I also wonder if he would want to keep JC at all costs - he was going mental at him during the St M game and not for the first time this season. He may well think he could build a better functioning team without him - and we weren't short of goals when JC was dropped, were we?

And as for Jase not wanting to go to Rangers, you never know with footballers - it often amazes me how KM can be such a stalwart for their cause.

But yes, he wont be going anywhere. :greengrin

We were short of goals all season, whether Cummings played or not. I the end we had enough but we know we need more next season.

Elephant Stone
09-05-2017, 09:14 AM

We shouldn't think for a second about selling him to one of our rivals unless they're willing to pay something absolutely ridiculous, and well above his value.

Since90+2
09-05-2017, 09:21 AM
I actually dont think he would sign for Sevco as although he might be abit daft I reckon his advisers/family/Lennon would make sure he made the right career move which would be down south.

They also cant afford him.

ekhibee
09-05-2017, 09:38 AM
Now that it looks like King was talking pish about the supposed £30 mil, it's fair to say Sevco haven't got the dosh to buy Cummings, so it looks unlikely, unless they agree a pay back thing which I'm sure Sevco did with another player. Can't see Hibs agreeing to it in any case.

CMurdoch
09-05-2017, 09:53 AM
Their manager will want players in he knows and trusts.
I expect The Rangers to sign foreign players so no chance they will use a big chunk of their budget to go for Cummings.

makaveli1875
09-05-2017, 10:01 AM
Where on earth are Rangers securing the funding from?

a few huns fans i know reckon King will be giving the Portuguese Cathro at least £20 mil to spend this summer :greengrin

MikeyS
09-05-2017, 10:01 AM

Jason's preferred destination if you'd be willing to believe his dad.

My_Wife_Camille
09-05-2017, 10:08 AM
Things have changed, for now at least. We won't see many top players from other clubs going to the Old Firm for a while.

Celtic are now in a position where they have ambitions above and beyond picking up the best Scottish talent. Since they signed half the Dundee Utd team a few years ago they have barely been linked with any Scottish players. Even over the last couple of years when Aberdeen have given them a fairly decent challenge at times they haven't cherry picked their best players to weaken them as sometimes happened in the past.

Rangers on the other hand don't have the financial muscle of the same promise of guaranteed success as they used to. Yes they can pay more than most in the country but they are now in a situation where they will be fighting for a European spot instead of league titles and for players at teams like Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen, a move there would very much be a sideways step.

On top of that, as we saw with the Scott Allan situation, there are teams that can and will pay more than Rangers now. Even if Rangers somehow hit Hibs with a massive offer of £3m for Jason, it won't be hard to find a team down south with silly money to see that kind of money as loose change and match the bid.

1van Sprou7e
09-05-2017, 10:18 AM

That doesn't make any sense to me, it would hardly be a step up

Sean1875
09-05-2017, 10:23 AM

Exactly that - he'd be playing in the exact same league as we would be, in a team that will be challenging for the same league position so a move there would make no sense. He'd be much better off staying with us for another season (at least) and proving himself in the premier league before looking for a move down south, something I wouldnt begrudge him of.

southern hibby
09-05-2017, 10:24 AM
Not sure NL take on keeping Cumdog but here's mine. We get offered 2 mill and that's it we turn it down. JC has goals in him and can fire us to a top 4 position. We get into Europe and we get X amount of pounds that we can off set against his sale. We also get X amount of pounds for our position we end up again off set against his sale, but Hibs again prove to the fans we will keep our assets unless we get an offer we think that asset is worth.

Just remember we can make Some Money from JC over 3 years placing and Europe cup runs etc especially if we get a run in Europe or the cups. JC has already been benched by NL so we have a manager who isn't scared to drop him if his attitude isn't 100% commuted to us. Whether Hibs play this tactic if he wants to go remains to be seen but the balls firmly in our court if we want him to stay.

GGTTH

J-C
09-05-2017, 10:27 AM

I know his dad well and I'd be totally surprised if JC was being advised to go to Rangers, last time I spoke to him they were talking about down south to a championship club, that was just before his contract extension after his meeting with Lennon.

brog
09-05-2017, 10:35 AM
Rangers financial situation has got a lot worse since last year and the highest fee they could muster was £1.8m for Garner and that was in instalments.
Given that we have already turned down that kind of money for Cummings, there is no way they can afford him.

A decent source told me that as of now The Rangers have paid less than 1/3 of that amount. I couldn't find out if that was the total that was due or if Sevco were engaging in their standard non payment plan! Whatever, the JC rumour has been going round for months, mostly spread on deluded Sevco websites. If AS refused to sell a key asset to that lot then the chances of NL agreeing to it are slim & nil. That & the fact that Sevco don't have the proverbial pot!

Unseen work
09-05-2017, 10:43 AM
I struggle to believe Cummings actually wants to go to Rangers and is his preferred option.

Maybe he likes the idea of being a big fish in a small pond and thinks he would get a better move after a good season with Rangers.

Like I said I can't see it though as he knows just how rubbish they are.

Irrelevent though as Lennon and Demostsr won't do a deal with rangers.

MikeyS
09-05-2017, 11:09 AM

Exactly that - he'd be playing in the exact same league as we would be, in a team that will be challenging for the same league position so a move there would make no sense. He'd be much better off staying with us for another season (at least) and proving himself in the premier league before looking for a move down south, something I wouldnt begrudge him of.

doesn't make any sense to me either. maybe he feels he's not ready to go down south yet and fancies an increase in wages though?

really hope its crap as it could get messy if he pushes for a move and I'd hate for his reputation amongst our fans to be damaged for what is going to be a sideways move in footballing terms.

MikeyS
09-05-2017, 11:11 AM
I know his dad well and I'd be totally surprised if JC was being advised to go to Rangers, last time I spoke to him they were talking about down south to a championship club, that was just before his contract extension after his meeting with Lennon.

I don't think he is being advised by his family to make that move, from what I heard it was his preferred option.

J-C
09-05-2017, 11:18 AM
I don't think he is being advised by his family to make that move, from what I heard it was his preferred option.

Still can't see it as he hates them as much as anyone else plus they have no money. He has 3 years left and will leave when we decide and it will not be to Ipox.

MikeyS
09-05-2017, 11:23 AM
Still can't see it as he hates them as much as anyone else plus they have no money. He has 3 years left and will leave when we decide and it will not be to Ipox.

I hope you are right mate, it would stick in my throat watching him run out in that rag. In my opinion he needs another year with us before going down south. I still don't feel he's ready/good enough to play in a good English Championship side. He'd be back up the road on loan within a year if he goes this summer

jus thought I'd share what I had heard.

Borderhibbie76
09-05-2017, 11:27 AM

Zero chance he will.be going to them...I could almost he guaranteed Leeann won't sell to them

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Michael
09-05-2017, 11:31 AM
No chance would we sell them a player.

Captain Trips
09-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Selling our best players in contract to The Rangers for me would just be the end up here for me.

DarlingtonHibee
11-05-2017, 08:58 AM
In the local press (Northern Echo) says hibs will be unlikely to turn down £2 million,and JC is keen to try England. Sorry move to Sunderland!!

Lancs Harp
11-05-2017, 09:08 AM
My take on the situation is that Jase will move south this summer, probably to a Championship club, his head will be turned with what they can offer and of corse from a purely football point of view he will see it as a challenge. Personally, as others have stated I think the move is a season too early and it would benefit him more in the long run if he stuck around for another season with us and banged a few in the Premier. Sadly, money talks and I think that will be the case this summer with JC.

JimBHibees
11-05-2017, 09:11 AM
My take on the situation is that Jase will move south this summer, probably to a Championship club, his head will be turned with what they can offer and of corse from a purely football point of view he will see it as a challenge. Personally, as others have stated I think the move is a season too early and it would benefit him more in the long run if he stuck around for another season with us and banged a few in the Premier. Sadly, money talks and I think that will be the case this summer with JC.

Agree and see Sunderland being an attractive proposition, big club and not too far away either especially if Moyes stays on.

Deansy
11-05-2017, 09:36 AM
'See Cummings is away' - the close-season's comfort-blanket phrase for worried Jambos !

Mathias Jack
11-05-2017, 09:40 AM
Considering some of the transfer fees that are knocked around in the EFL, £2million is laughable. Sunderland will also make a mint in parachute payments from the Premier League. Give us another £1million on top of that, and we'll talk...

DarlingtonHibee
11-05-2017, 09:43 AM
Considering some of the transfer fees that are knocked around in the EFL, £2million is laughable. Sunderland will also make a mint in parachute payments from the Premier League. Give us another £1million on top of that, and we'll talk...
100 per cent agree, but Scottish football is not seen as a good standard down here. The good thing is the ball is in our court.

Lancs Harp
11-05-2017, 09:46 AM
Despite the EPL riches, Sunderland are struggling financially and have been for some time. From their point of view I think they might struggle to find 2 or 3 million. On the plus side his wages would be less than what they have been paying for a striker in the EPL, having said that for Jason his wages would be significantly hgher.

Sunderland would be a good club for him to go to IMO, the only issue I think is how Sunderland find the finance for the transfer fee. If you look at their dealings recently there hasnt been much money in the kitty, the reason Moyes knew from the start they were going to struggle, they were basically stuck with what they had with little scope to improve the squad due to financial restrictions.

hibees 7062
11-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Cummings definitely leaving

JimBHibees
11-05-2017, 10:28 AM

source?

hibees 7062
11-05-2017, 10:30 AM
source?

His brother

Callum_62
11-05-2017, 10:32 AM
If he does leave, id like us to go for Boyce

hibees 7062
11-05-2017, 10:34 AM
If he does leave, id like us to go for Boyce

And Griffiths :hyper

madhatter
11-05-2017, 10:38 AM
His brother

Genuinely? I hope Hibs get at least 2.5-3 million...

w pilton hibby
11-05-2017, 10:40 AM

Where's he going?

Albanian Hibs
11-05-2017, 10:41 AM

Where is he going to then?

hibees 7062
11-05-2017, 10:54 AM
[QUOTE=Albanian Hibs;5039608]Where is he going to then?[/QUOTE

Never said .

SirDavidsNapper
11-05-2017, 10:55 AM
If we got 3m for him id be happy. Anything less rather keep him

SirDavidsNapper
11-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Wonder if Hearts will moan about not getting a development fee 😂

Blaster
11-05-2017, 10:57 AM

2 million up front
0.5 million when they get promoted if it's Sunderland
10% sell on fee

I'd be happy with that deal. Where do we sign??

GreenPJ
11-05-2017, 10:58 AM

I expect any deal will be a decent cash payment up front with add ons for appearance and/or goals scored. I think we would accept a £2M cash payment upfront with add-ons and it makes sense for the buyer to do that just in the off-chance he can't do it at a higher level.

ancient hibee
11-05-2017, 11:02 AM
If he goes to the likes of Sunderland he'll be out on loan by January.I don't think he has the physique,speed or experience to go down now.Other than the money it'll put his career back.

JDHibs
11-05-2017, 11:21 AM
People do realise that £2m will be an opening bid eh?

When was the last time you bought something at an auction and put all your money down on the first bid?

Start low and move up from there. Test our resolve.

Tamhere1875
11-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Would take no less than £3.5m for Jason

Fergus52
11-05-2017, 11:32 AM
2 million up front
0.5 million when they get promoted if it's Sunderland
10% sell on fee

I'd be happy with that deal. Where do we sign??

Make that 25% and I agree.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-05-2017, 11:34 AM
His brother

His brother - the wind-up merchant?

OsloHibs
11-05-2017, 11:34 AM
You gotta laugh at some folk on here who have slated Jason for years, are now outraged that he may leave and are quoting OTT sums off money we should get. He's not good enough for player of the year at hibs or scotland ever- and you think your gonna get 4 million for him?

Peevemor
11-05-2017, 11:37 AM
£50k + a bag of balls for the player & £5m+ for the "Cumdog" merchandising & image rights. :agree:

ben johnson
11-05-2017, 11:48 AM
You gotta laugh at some folk on here who have slated Jason for years, are now outraged that he may leave and are quoting OTT sums off money we should get. He's not good enough for player of the year at hibs or scotland ever- and you think your gonna get 4 million for him?

I think that the likes of Sunderland may bid that money as they will have it and more due to relegation parachute payment. If they bid a lesser sum they could easily miss out to the other two teams relegated inc Middlesbrough as they will have spare millions also. I think the sum they bid is relative to their income.
It's akin to us buying a pint in Oslo. A bit of a hit for us but nothing to the well heeled locals ! 😃

Since90+2
11-05-2017, 11:53 AM
I have a feeling the fee is going to be in the region of 2.5 Million.

JeMeSouviens
11-05-2017, 11:56 AM

His profile down south will be way bigger if he scores 20 goals for the New Huns next season than if he scores 20 for Hibs. Sad but true. Plus he'll get a big signing on fee and 4-5x the salary in the intervening period before he makes the jump to England. It could be a life changing amount of money for him. What if he stays at Hibs and gets a leg break in August? He can also stay at home in the meantime which might be the sensible thing for a daft laddie.

The only downside from a professional point of view is probably that the New Huns might well be a chaotic mess and if they turn on him it could get sticky. From a non-professional point of view he'd be in front of tens of thousands of bigoted morons every other week but that sort of thing doesn't seem to affect footballers like it might the rest of us.

As others have said though, can't see them having anything like the £££ it would take for Hibs to sell to them.

Diclonius
11-05-2017, 12:00 PM
Gutted. If he'd stayed even one more season I reckon he'd solidify himself as the Hammer of Hearts.

£3M and use that to buy Boyce and Stokes and I'm happy.

eastmainsmsh
11-05-2017, 12:01 PM
Cumdog don't go to the filth queens park huns or Berwick huns but not them lol

Lancs Harp
11-05-2017, 12:04 PM
I think that the likes of Sunderland may bid that money as they will have it and more due to relegation parachute payment. If they bid a lesser sum they could easily miss out to the other two teams relegated inc Middlesbrough as they will have spare millions also. I think the sum they bid is relative to their income.
It's akin to us buying a pint in Oslo. A bit of a hit for us but nothing to the well heeled locals ! ��

Ben, with Sunderland I think you have to bear in mind that they have considerable debt and I would imagine any income they get from any source whether it be Premier league money (this last season) or parachute payments (next season) alot of the money will be used to service the debt. If Sunderland had cash they would have made a better effort at trying to improve their squad last season and fighting to stay up. I think any income they get will be generated from off loading players now they have been relegated. Defoe for instance I would be very surprised to see in a Sunderland shirt next season.

hibees 7062
11-05-2017, 01:03 PM
His brother - the wind-up merchant?

Is he ? No idea mate just passing it on

makaveli1875
11-05-2017, 01:09 PM
Ben, with Sunderland I think you have to bear in mind that they have considerable debt and I would imagine any income they get from any source whether it be Premier league money (this last season) or parachute payments (next season) alot of the money will be used to service the debt. If Sunderland had cash they would have made a better effort at trying to improve their squad last season and fighting to stay up. I think any income they get will be generated from off loading players now they have been relegated. Defoe for instance I would be very surprised to see in a Sunderland shirt next season.

cummings for defoe straight swap would do for me :greengrin

Unseen work
11-05-2017, 01:13 PM
I'm not buying this Sunderland are skint nonsense, they have spent about 30 million on absolute garbage this last season

At least Jase is young, exciting and has potential.

They can afford 2.5

Lancs Harp
11-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Sunderland spent 33 million (most of it on one player) and got 20 million back with out going players, a diffeence of 13 million. Hardly big spends in the EPL and it showed, they got relegated.

Thought it was pretty much factual information that Moyes couldnt do what he wanted because of the financial situation.

They probaly can afford 2.5 million, my point is that they have big dept to service and alot of their EPL money and future parachute monies will go towards servicing that debt. Money raised for players will likey to be funded from player exodus.

11-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Apparently Leeds Utd and Celtic are in the running too.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/11/odds-cut-on-leeds-united-winning-race-for-21-year-old-rangers-li/

DH1875
11-05-2017, 01:52 PM
100 per cent agree, but Scottish football is not seen as a good standard down here. The good thing is the ball is in our court.

Apparently Chelsea have paid rangers £500k with another £500k in add-ons for a 15 year old :confused:

If this lads worth £1M, then we should be getting top dollar for our players.

matty_f
11-05-2017, 01:55 PM

I can't remember seeing loads of posts slating Jason, quite the opposite in fact.

Craig_in_Prague
11-05-2017, 02:10 PM

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/11/odds-cut-on-leeds-united-winning-race-for-21-year-old-rangers-li/

Jeez, I wondered when Celtic would crop up.

2M + Griffiths please ;)

J-C
11-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Sunderland spent 33 million (most of it on one player) and got 20 million back with out going players, a diffeence of 13 million. Hardly big spends in the EPL and it showed, they got relegated.

Thought it was pretty much factual information that Moyes couldnt do what he wanted because of the financial situation.

They probaly can afford 2.5 million, my point is that they have big dept to service and alot of their EPL money and future parachute monies will go towards servicing that debt. Money raised for players will likey to be funded from player exodus.

They'll also be looking to get a few high payed players off the books too.

Diclonius
11-05-2017, 02:15 PM
£3M if it's an English team + £1M "competition tax" from the OF.

The Leith Dutch
11-05-2017, 02:27 PM

Odds of 6-1 suggests this may be based on a lot of some bloke down the pub hearsay.....

1van Sprou7e
11-05-2017, 02:48 PM
Absolutely no chance Celtic sign Cummings IMO

SteveHFC
11-05-2017, 02:50 PM

2M + Griffiths please ;)

and Hendo :hyper

BullsCloseHibs
11-05-2017, 03:33 PM

They Glasgow Paupers could never afford JC.

They should meet the tax man's dues first before even thinking about any new footballer. Bunch of total fanines

BullsCloseHibs
11-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Absolutely no chance Celtic sign Cummings IMO

Wouldn't even keep bench warm (in all due respect of course).

Unseen work
11-05-2017, 03:48 PM
That 'hitc' website is a load of rubbish. It's some guys opinion of who may want a player with nothing to back it up.

11-05-2017, 04:23 PM
That 'hitc' website is a load of rubbish. It's some guys opinion of who may want a player with nothing to back it up.

That's as maybe but in this case all it is claiming is that Bet Victor are giving those odds and the link it includes backs it up.

http://www.betvictor.mobi/sports/3/meetings/58041110/all

I see there are also odds for McGinn. God only knows how Bet Victor comes up with the odds though.

Fuzzywuzzy
11-05-2017, 04:30 PM
How the **** could rangers possibly afford Cummings??? 3/1 you having a laugh. Sure there'll be a few gullible sevconians that have lumped on that.

1van Sprou7e
11-05-2017, 04:39 PM
How the **** could rangers possibly afford Cummings??? 3/1 you having a laugh. Sure there'll be a few gullible sevconians that have lumped on that.

They've been harping on about signing him for years lol, nae chance

Aldo
11-05-2017, 05:58 PM
I would like him to stay and play a season with us in the EPL, putting the Yams to the sword!

If he does decide to go then good luck to him.

I'm no expert or even ITK but I do know this..... There is only one team in Scotland that can afford him and that's the lesser greens. As for Newco.... Buff said

Pete70
11-05-2017, 06:49 PM
I don't think Hibs need to sell Cummings but I do think any serious offer of around £3m should be considered. Very few Scottish players go for big money nowadays. The Rangers don't have any cash so I doubt he will go there. Celtic would probably want buy him just to weaken us as history has shown they tend to do. A move to England would probably be best for Cummings and whether Sunderland's interest in him is genuine remains to be seen. I doubt they are awash with cash though so any deal with them may have to be structured.
If Leeann can negotiate a deal along these lines I wouldn't be too unhappy. Say, £2m cash up front, £250k after 15 goals, £250k if Cummings gets a full Scotland cap, £500k if they win promotion or £250 for reaching the play-offs. Throw in a % from any sell on fee and it's a done deal for me.
We have to be realistic, Cummings will leave at some point, the club have to just make sure they get the best possible deal. Everyone's idea of what's best though is quite different.

Bostonhibby
11-05-2017, 06:57 PM
That's as maybe but in this case all it is claiming is that Bet Victor are giving those odds and the link it includes backs it up.

http://www.betvictor.mobi/sports/3/meetings/58041110/all

I see there are also odds for McGinn. God only knows how Bet Victor comes up with the odds though.

Bookies need to earn a living like everybody else and this is how they do it on this type of football related event.

They probably started the stories in the first place, or in the case of the Cummings to Sevco nonsense they priced up against the rumour Sevco themselves have put out to make their imbecile followers believe they can still compete for real prospects rather than over the hill pension collectors or cheap no marks that couldn't hack it in the English lower leagues.

houstonhibbee
11-05-2017, 10:43 PM
I don't think Hibs need to sell Cummings but I do think any serious offer of around £3m should be considered. Very few Scottish players go for big money nowadays. The Rangers don't have any cash so I doubt he will go there. Celtic would probably want buy him just to weaken us as history has shown they tend to do. A move to England would probably be best for Cummings and whether Sunderland's interest in him is genuine remains to be seen. I doubt they are awash with cash though so any deal with them may have to be structured.
If Leeann can negotiate a deal along these lines I wouldn't be too unhappy. Say, £2m cash up front, £250k after 15 goals, £250k if Cummings gets a full Scotland cap, £500k if they win promotion or £250 for reaching the play-offs. Throw in a % from any sell on fee and it's a done deal for me.
We have to be realistic, Cummings will leave at some point, the club have to just make sure they get the best possible deal. Everyone's idea of what's best though is quite different.
$2.5m this summer..........................or another successful season with Hibs and $4m next summer........

Is It On....
11-05-2017, 11:15 PM

2M + Griffiths please ;)

"They (Betvictor) make Sunderland and RANGERS 3/1 joint favourites to sign the Hibs man." Rangers, seriously?? They are getting loans to keep the lights on so where are they supposed to be getting the money?

Greencore
11-05-2017, 11:34 PM
I'm not buying this Sunderland are skint nonsense, they have spent about 30 million on absolute garbage this last season

At least Jase is young, exciting and has potential.

They can afford 2.5
They are about to get 20m for their goalie

monktonharp
11-05-2017, 11:45 PM
I would like him to stay and play a season with us in the EPL, putting the Yams to the sword!

If he does decide to go then good luck to him.

I'm no expert or even ITK but I do know this..... There is only one team in Scotland that can afford him and that's the lesser greens. As for Newco.... Buff saidwe playing in the EPL next season/ bugger, must get my ST on Monday before it's a sell oot.:wink:

Tha Cabbage Kid
12-05-2017, 09:16 AM
Rangers front runners for cummings???? Hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahaha. Do that have 2m plus to sign him? Do that have 2p?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

livi hibs 1875
12-05-2017, 09:24 AM
Rangers front runners for cummings???? Hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahaha. Do that have 2m plus to sign him? Do that have 2p?

What I like better is even if we did need to sell jc it still wouldn't be to those tramps

CorrieHibs
12-05-2017, 10:06 AM

They signed Garner for £1.8 million so I'd want over 3 million for Jason from them. Garner is rotten!!

The rangers couldn't afford that, so he'll not be going there.

RossScott1991
12-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Rangers would be the most silly move ever. They dont have two pennies to rub together.

Jase needs to stay 1 more year, bang in a few and add more onto his value. If not, lets hold out for atleast 2.5million and rinse a club in england.

Captain Trips
12-05-2017, 10:39 AM
If Sunderland wish to replace DeFoe an England international with an excellent scoring record at all levels with Jason Cummings then £2m is an utter joke of a fee.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3535894/sunderland-transfer-news-hibernian-jason-cummings/

To deliver...
12-05-2017, 10:48 AM
If Sunderland wish to replace DeFoe an England international with an excellent scoring record at all levels with Jason Cummings then £2m is an utter joke of a fee.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3535894/sunderland-transfer-news-hibernian-jason-cummings/

"The cash strapped based Edinburgh side"?!?

1van Sprou7e
12-05-2017, 10:56 AM

Think they might have the wrong team...

The Harp
12-05-2017, 10:58 AM
Think it would benefit both Jason and the Club for him to stay at least for next season. A good season in the top flight would see his value increase significantly. When he does go, I hope it's to a decent English club and not just along the M8 (same with John McGinn).

Tha Cabbage Kid
12-05-2017, 11:13 AM
Think they might have the wrong team...
Think it should say the cash strapped Glasgow 'new boys' are trying to hijack the striker from Sunderland.

jacomo
12-05-2017, 11:29 AM

That will get Rod's tache twitching.

Any coincidence that ex-Rangers CEO now does the same job at Sunderland? I've seen this play book before... use the media to turn the boy's head and set the price.

DarlingtonHibee
12-05-2017, 01:14 PM
That will get Rod's tache twitching.

Any coincidence that ex-Rangers CEO now does the same job at Sunderland? I've seen this play book before... use the media to turn the boy's head and set the price.

Martin Bain v Rod? Think I know the winner!

jacomo
12-05-2017, 01:17 PM
Martin Bain v Rod? Think I know the winner!

:agree:

makaveli1875
12-05-2017, 01:26 PM
the huns are joint favourates to sign cummings

if he goes to them then he loses his legendary status with me .

The Leith Dutch
12-05-2017, 01:33 PM

It's the S*n.

If you take out the words that are meant to appeal to certain groups of people or fans of certain clubs and then take out the words that are just lazy, unresearched crap and stats pulled out of the arse of the "journalist" and then take out the stuff worded to guide and shape events (e.g. that Cummings price is 2 million) then you could write the remaining content on the back of a fag packet. And you might not need the pen.

To show how crap they are - and this is going back a few years - they had an article about Brian McClair and the hack that produced the article rendered the player's nickname as "Chalkie" rather than "Choccy". Lazy unthinking crap from a ****ing idiot.

Utter rag of a paper.

Not In The Know
12-05-2017, 01:38 PM
Cumming to The Rangers chat is pure BS thought up by Level 5, in cahoots with the weegie red tops to make the Hun fans still feel like they are the peepul. Rangers couldn't afford Cummings and that is a fact.

PS if any can avoid posting links to that ****bag of a paper please do.

The Leith Dutch
12-05-2017, 01:43 PM

He won't be going there.

They don't have any money.
If they did they'd want to pay in installments.
Which we know they have a track record of not paying.
So no cash, inappropriate payment terms and personna non grata status as far as offering credit is concerned.

If the above isn't enough - they won't be the only offer and they certainly won't be the highest offer either on transfer fee or wages.

And if the above still isn't enough - the club has shown that even when we were in a much worse position and, crucially important, the player in question (Scott Allan) was intent on a move to Sevco then we still wouldn't do business with them.
And that was with Stubbs who I feel was probably a much more sanguine chap about the Hun than Lennon is likely to be.

I'm at a loss as to how anyone thinks this is going to happen.

SirDavidsNapper
12-05-2017, 02:19 PM
He won't be going there.

They don't have any money.
If they did they'd want to pay in installments.
Which we know they have a track record of not paying.
So no cash, inappropriate payment terms and personna non grata status as far as offering credit is concerned.

If the above isn't enough - they won't be the only offer and they certainly won't be the highest offer either on transfer fee or wages.

And if the above still isn't enough - the club has shown that even when we were in a much worse position and, crucially important, the player in question (Scott Allan) was intent on a move to Sevco then we still wouldn't do business with them.
And that was with Stubbs who I feel was probably a much more sanguine chap about the Hun than Lennon is likely to be.

I'm at a loss as to how anyone thinks this is going to happen.

We didn't sell Scott Allan to the huns so we won't be selling Cummings to them either. They are our main rivals along with the sheep and Hearts next season. Plus they can't afford him.

hibs#1
12-05-2017, 03:03 PM
It's the S*n.

If you take out the words that are meant to appeal to certain groups of people or fans of certain clubs and then take out the words that are just lazy, unresearched crap and stats pulled out of the arse of the "journalist" and then take out the stuff worded to guide and shape events (e.g. that Cummings price is 2 million) then you could write the remaining content on the back of a fag packet. And you might not need the pen.

To show how crap they are - and this is going back a few years - they had an article about Brian McClair and the hack that produced the article rendered the player's nickname as "Chalkie" rather than "Choccy". Lazy unthinking crap from a ****ing idiot.

Utter rag of a paper.

So you don't want to come over to mine and read my collection of sun newspapers then?🙁

CMurdoch
12-05-2017, 03:11 PM

Ignorant *******s

CMurdoch
12-05-2017, 03:12 PM

In a nutshell, they have no money so it can't happen.

Aldo
12-05-2017, 03:23 PM
we playing in the EPL next season/ bugger, must get my ST on Monday before it's a sell oot.:wink:

Oops!

Note to self! Read post before pressing send!!

SirDavidsNapper
12-05-2017, 04:14 PM

Embarrassing reporting 🙈

The Leith Dutch
12-05-2017, 04:19 PM
So you don't want to come over to mine and read my collection of sun newspapers then?🙁

I'll take the Page 3's :greengrin

Captain Trips
12-05-2017, 08:52 PM
Cumming to The Rangers chat is pure BS thought up by Level 5, in cahoots with the weegie red tops to make the Hun fans still feel like they are the peepul. Rangers couldn't afford Cummings and that is a fact.

PS if any can avoid posting links to that ****bag of a paper please do.

That is it. Link The Rangers with the best players at other clubs to try and give it that The Rangers are able to just buy who they like as if it were the good old days.

The Rangers and the press are an embarrassment to the game up here.

Ozyhibby
13-05-2017, 02:49 PM
The wee man just made up a Jason Cummings video.
https://youtu.be/aZgbigjf-SM
Apologies in advance of its someone else's video clips he has stolen, he's only 10.

13-05-2017, 04:31 PM
I'd actually thought Sunderland were going to keep Moyes because if they were going to sack him they'd have done it by now. It's looking more likely he will be sacked so you'd think any plans on bidding for Cummings would be scrapped.

Haymaker
13-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Embarrassing reporting 🙈

We're a small side from Scotland, we must be cash strapped.

Bishop Hibee
13-05-2017, 04:55 PM
Given the Sunderland fans are raging singing "we want Moyes out" at today's game, it's premature to assume Cummings is off to Wearside. New manager might not want him.

Deansy
13-05-2017, 10:23 PM
Talk of Cummings leaving worries me, I think for HIS benefit, and obviously Hibs benefit as well, he'd be better off getting one season in the SPL to finish-off his apprenticeship.
Talk of Cummings leaving to go to the Hun just makes me laugh and I get a great night's sleep !

SMAXXA
13-05-2017, 10:31 PM
Given the Sunderland fans are raging singing "we want Moyes out" at today's game, it's premature to assume Cummings is off to Wearside. New manager might not want him.

Yeah and Sunderland have a cracking record of appointing managers over the last few years. Who they expecting to get in they are lucky to have someone like moyes that wants to stick by them and get them back up. Any decent manager worth their salt wouldn't touch that job

anon1875
13-05-2017, 10:36 PM
I'd take 5m from them

Ronniekirk
14-05-2017, 09:22 AM
Lennon saying in interview that Mcginn and Cummings happy here but said particularly Jason
Club are in control and he doesn't want to sell but every player has a price
Always felt one would go to finance other deals but would be delighted if wrong
But if it happens we will drive a hard. Bargain and do whats best for the Club and we will reinvest
Think the Club are talking about being ambitious and setting sights high , and thats encouraging folk to buy Season Tickets earlier
Things are looking up and looking forward to next Season already and its a long time since i have felt like that as one Season was ending

SirDavidsNapper
14-05-2017, 09:37 AM
Yeah and Sunderland have a cracking record of appointing managers over the last few years. Who they expecting to get in they are lucky to have someone like moyes that wants to stick by them and get them back up. Any decent manager worth their salt wouldn't touch that job

Sunderland are a basket case. Will never be more than a yoyo club and really not the place for a young player to continue his development.

14-05-2017, 09:50 AM
Huns can get Cummings if they pay £5m and send a delegation to every single Hibs supporters house to congratulate them on winning the cup and apologise for the loathsome behaviour of their club and support in the aftermath.

Captain Trips
14-05-2017, 10:03 AM
I hope they do bid as nothing will be more pleasing than them being told once again to FO.

Speedy
14-05-2017, 10:06 AM

Moyes has been a complete disaster. Bottom of the league with no fight and all the players he's signed are ****.

Remind me why they're lucky to have him?

beensaidbefore
12-06-2017, 06:03 PM
Is this too long ago to be itk😂