PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ross must go..

IanM
08-05-2017, 09:40 PM
.. plenty reading in this but goes to show how fickle (and wrong!) us football fans can be..

What a difference 3 months make

I'm half tempted to post this on kickback to get their hopes up 😅

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/42313-jack-ross-must-go/

IanM
08-05-2017, 09:41 PM
Ps if someone could hyperlink that link.. dreadful attempt

Sir David Gray
08-05-2017, 10:43 PM
I'm not surprised he's lead St Mirren to safety. He comes across as a very intelligent coach and did well at Alloa despite their relegation last season.

He appears to be down to earth and is also well spoken in front of the cameras.

I think he'll go quite far in management.

WeeRussell
09-05-2017, 07:57 AM
A worrying amount of fans insisted that Stubbs should be sacked a couple of weeks before the cup final, on our forums.

It takes all kinds.

BroxburnHibee
09-05-2017, 08:58 AM
A worrying amount of fans insisted that Stubbs should be sacked a couple of weeks before the cup final, on our forums.

It takes all kinds.

I think most of that came after the defeat to Alloa which was a shocking performance and result.

Fans are fickle but that was understandable in my opinion.

SirDavidsNapper
09-05-2017, 09:01 AM
Another gem Hearts let slip through the net

overdrive
09-05-2017, 04:03 PM
Another gem Hearts let slip through the net

Non-footballing reasons, allegedly.

WoreTheGreen
09-05-2017, 04:09 PM
Non-footballing reasons, allegedly.
The pysio knew the reason

MWHIBBIES
09-05-2017, 04:45 PM
Next season is where we'll see if he is good or not. He hasn't really done anything that has exceeded expectations. St Mirren only needed such a good run of form because both Ross and Rae had such bad ones at the start of the season.

Liam89
09-05-2017, 04:49 PM
Next season is where we'll see if he is good or not. He hasn't really done anything that has exceeded expectations. St Mirren only needed such a good run of form because both Ross and Rae had such bad ones at the start of the season.

You mad? He's pumped every relegation rival he's faced whilst beating some of the top teams in the division convincingly after his team were stranded at the bottom of the league! Deserves all the plaudits he gets and more.

Treadstone
09-05-2017, 04:59 PM
You mad? He's pumped every relegation rival he's faced whilst beating some of the top teams in the division convincingly after his team were stranded at the bottom of the league! Deserves all the plaudits he gets and more.

Agree. Also a crossbar away from possibly the biggest shock of the season and many seasons against all conquering Celtic. Tactical strategy in that game was superb and didn't have to big it up himself.

SRHibs
09-05-2017, 05:02 PM
Terry Butcher just needed some time! Too far? :wink:

MWHIBBIES
09-05-2017, 05:03 PM

He took over on the 8th of October, after only 8 games, and lost his first 6 league games and got only 2 wins from his first 15. He done brilliantly to dig them out of a hole he helped create. As I said, we'll see how good he is next season. If he is any good he'll have them promoted IMO, the championship is going to be very poor next season.

greenlex
09-05-2017, 06:30 PM
He took over on the 8th of October, after only 8 games, and lost his first 6 league games and got only 2 wins from his first 15. He done brilliantly to dig them out of a hole he helped create. As I said, we'll see how good he is next season. If he is any good he'll have them promoted IMO, the championship is going to be very poor next season.
Aye but had to work with some of the dross he inherited until he could do something about it. You are being extremely harsh. He has worked wonders and played the game the right way in the process. I think he is a very good manager.

frazeHFC
10-05-2017, 11:02 AM

It takes all kinds.

With fair reason though. We'd hit an awful slump at that point and there looked like there was no hope for us.

WeeRussell
10-05-2017, 11:33 AM
With fair reason though. We'd hit an awful slump at that point and there looked like there was no hope for us.

No hope of winning a cup final against Rangers, who we had beat 3 weeks prior?

My point was there were a lot calling for his head before we played the final, he is now a club hero. Fickle/things change as per above.

SirDavidsNapper
10-05-2017, 11:35 AM

It takes all kinds.

If he hadnt won the cup I think he would have been

frazeHFC
10-05-2017, 12:16 PM
No hope of winning a cup final against Rangers, who we had beat 3 weeks prior?

My point was there were a lot calling for his head before we played the final, he is now a club hero. Fickle/things change as per above.

I don't mean no hope in the final in particular, I just mean during the bad spell I went to games (even against part time teams) with no real belief that we would win. It was a horrible patch that we hit (which started way before the semi final).

I agree though and I'll admit that I was one of the ones who wanted him gone, but I'll happily eat my words after what then happened on 21.05. :agree:

WeeRussell
10-05-2017, 08:50 PM
I don't mean no hope in the final in particular, I just mean during the bad spell I went to games (even against part time teams) with no real belief that we would win. It was a horrible patch that we hit (which started way before the semi final).

I agree though and I'll admit that I was one of the ones who wanted him gone, but I'll happily eat my words after what then happened on 21.05. :agree:

Fair enough mate 👍🏻