PDA

View Full Version : Flag Day first game of the season

Tamhere1875
08-05-2017, 06:17 PM
Will the first game of next season be played in front of another massive Hibs support.Say for instance If it's agains team FIFA from Gorgie or the tribute act from govan will the south stand be split like it was for the St Mirren game to let more Hibs supporters see the raising of the league flag.

Elephant Stone
08-05-2017, 06:20 PM
It would be an absolute joy if we only needed to give half the South to the Glasgow teams, hopefully we can make it happen.

bod
08-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Will the first game of next season be played in front of another massive Hibs support.Say for instance If it's agains team FIFA from Gorgie or the tribute act from govan will the south stand be split like it was for the St Mirren game to let more Hibs supporters see the raising of the league flag.

no, they'll get the whole end

Renfrew_Hibby
08-05-2017, 06:31 PM

Will they? I reckon if it was flag day then we should split the South. Season ticket sales through the roof, the 3 home stands would be chockablock!
We already have experience of splitting the stand v infirm/hearts when the East was built.

wearethehibs
09-05-2017, 06:10 AM
Don't care if we split the south if its Celtic or Huns but I hope we continue to give Hearts the full stand, cause as soon as we reduce their allocation, they will reduce ours at Tynie.

DH1875
09-05-2017, 06:26 AM

I think hearts would get the full end, but why would rangers or celtic?

Stan the Man
09-05-2017, 06:34 AM
I think hearts would get the full end, but why would rangers or celtic?

Correct. If we only get 900 for ibrox why do we need to give them the whole South? (if we can fill half ourselves)

Pretty Boy
09-05-2017, 06:51 AM
If Hibs can sell more tickets to Hibs fans then it should happen.

I never thought it would be the case but this season has disproven that to some extent. If Celtic and Rangers don't like it then tough, we should look after Hibs fans 1st.

SirDavidsNapper
09-05-2017, 07:36 AM
900 tickets for Ibrox is a joke. We should give them 500 max.

Garymcl
09-05-2017, 08:00 AM
Another reason we must sell as many season tickets apart from the obvious to give Neil Lennon as big a budget to spend but to give as few seats as possible to the ugly sisters let's smash the all time total of season tickets let's do it :flag:

bigwheel
09-05-2017, 08:00 AM

let's be honest, most times we don't sell even the full 900

Ozyhibby
09-05-2017, 08:20 AM

We will next season. Things have changed since 210516.
Leeann has said before that they will happily split the south stand if Hibs fans buy the tickets. It's up to us to make this happens.
The derby is different. There should always be a full stand for away fans. It's what make it so special. Even on those days it does not go so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
09-05-2017, 08:22 AM
We should be giving half the stand to the OF. We can sell 19000 for those games now. The less fans they have the better.

Don't mind Hearts getting the stand because they do the same for us. Everyone wins.

SirDavidsNapper
09-05-2017, 08:31 AM
Hearts full stand
Celtic half the stand
Sevco 500

SON OF PADDY
09-05-2017, 09:31 AM
I would personally like to see us give "The Ranger's" 500 seat's in the south lower section nearest the East stand !! surrounded by Hibby's bet the top tier would be a hoot 😁

Let's see how they would like it.

Big_Franck
09-05-2017, 09:36 AM
I'm hoping we'll have one of the smaller teams at home first game of the season as Gray and McGregor are suspended. It'd be frustrating missing those two for a derby after they got suspended getting booked in a meaningless game.

If we are at home to someone like Ross County, Motherwell or Dundee then we would cope without them, provided the other defenders are fit of course.

Lancs Harp
09-05-2017, 09:39 AM
Would love to see a south stand split for the OF, however as others have said would prefer that Hearts and ourselves gave each other a full end, makes for a better atmosphere and occasion IMO.

Big_Franck
09-05-2017, 09:40 AM
We should be giving half the stand to the OF. We can sell 19000 for those games now. The less fans they have the better.

Don't mind Hearts getting the stand because they do the same for us. Everyone wins.

Agree, although i'd be inclined to give them slightly less than half the stand. Not sure how easy it is to segregate the inside of the South Stand but i'd give them two sections bottom tier and two sections top tier as an absolute maximum. The less rantic fans in and around Easter Road on match days the better.

As much as i'd like to have Hibs fans in the south for derbies, they'd rightly do the same to us and it'd take something away from the derby atmospheres.

Garymcl
09-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Agree with ozzyhibby I have spoken to Leeann on this subject not long ago and she said the same thing it's supply and demand simples if we prove we can take for instance half or more of south stand next season it will be done it's up to us let's do it !!!!!!:thumbsup:

where'stheslope
09-05-2017, 05:12 PM
The big problem with splitting the south stand is the corridor of wasted seats in what would be sell out games?

The Yams lose quite a few seats to this every week for segregation, it looks like around six rows of seats from the bottom to the top of the stand!

So that means a full house is missing maybe up to 1,000 seats, and at say £20 a seats its expensive?????

LaMotta
09-05-2017, 05:15 PM

Very rarely have we not sold out for Ibrox in recent memory :confused:

makaveli1875
09-05-2017, 05:21 PM
hearts will get the whole stand , is there not some sort of agreement between the clubs about this

Lancs Harp
09-05-2017, 05:22 PM
The big problem with splitting the south stand is the corridor of wasted seats in what would be sell out games?

The Yams lose quite a few seats to this every week for segregation, it looks like around six rows of seats from the bottom to the top of the stand!

So that means a full house is missing maybe up to 1,000 seats, and at say £20 a seats its expensive?????

Not sure we have to have such a large area for segregation. EPL teams are usually just seperated by a line or two of stewards. If thats suffice for matches like the likes of Liverpool/United, City/United, Spurs/Arsenal etc etc why should it be a problem for Hibs and Hearts?

Sir David Gray
09-05-2017, 05:27 PM
Hearts should get the full south stand (if they're able to fill it).

Sevco and Celtic should have their allocation cut to the bare minimum and treated how they treat us whenever we go to Ibrox and Parkhead, as long as we can fill the south stand ourselves.

where'stheslope
09-05-2017, 07:55 PM
Not sure we have to have such a large area for segregation. EPL teams are usually just seperated by a line or two of stewards. If thats suffice for matches like the likes of Liverpool/United, City/United, Spurs/Arsenal etc etc why should it be a problem for Hibs and Hearts?

You'll find its probably a Police Scotland minimum requirement?

Usually 2 rows of stewards at either side of a tarpaulin about 10ft wide all taking up seating.

As for why it should be a problem, look at the last game v Yams, a flare thrown from one stand to another!

If it was in the same stand it could've been carnage, back to the old days is not required!!!!

Phil MaGlass
09-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Hearts should get the full south stand (if they're able to fill it).

Sevco and Celtic should have their allocation cut to the bare minimum and treated how they treat us whenever we go to Ibrox and Parkhead, as long as we can fill the south stand ourselves.

Aye and before the season starts we should build 3 or 4 pillars in front of the stand and give the ------s a restricted view, put obnoxious polis and stewrds in their end and let them share an old black and white telly tae watch the game on.

Sir David Gray
09-05-2017, 08:53 PM
Aye and before the season starts we should build 3 or 4 pillars in front of the stand and give the ------s a restricted view, put obnoxious polis and stewrds in their end and let them share an old black and white telly tae watch the game on.

I'll second that.

Sadly you're not allowed to give the away team no tickets or else that would have been my first option.

Itsnoteasy
09-05-2017, 09:18 PM
Will they? I reckon if it was flag day then we should split the South. Season ticket sales through the roof, the 3 home stands would be chockablock!
We already have experience of splitting the stand v infirm/hearts when the East was built.

How do you segregate fans after final whistle. It only worked against St Mirren as they knew majority of Hibs fans were holding back to party so no issues after match. Hibs dont have the facility to exit both sets of fans in opposite directions after the game.
If it's HMFC they should get the whole end just as we get at Tynie

Dashing Bob S
09-05-2017, 09:26 PM

Give them zero. They're such criminal bores. They've been singing the sectarian pish before sectarianism even existed.

PatHead
09-05-2017, 09:29 PM

You been to hunbrox?

Sir David Gray
09-05-2017, 09:33 PM
How do you segregate fans after final whistle. It only worked against St Mirren as they knew majority of Hibs fans were holding back to party so no issues after match. Hibs dont have the facility to exit both sets of fans in opposite directions after the game.

No-one's suggesting we cut Hearts' allocation.

If it's Sevco you're talking about, why can't their fans be held back for 30 minutes after the final whistle, like we are at Ibrox?

Baw187
09-05-2017, 09:36 PM

If it's Sevco you're talking about, why can't their fans be held back for 30 minutes after the final whistle, like we are at Ibrox?

Agree. Only issue is pre match but shouldn't be an issue.

My only genuine concern is that we'd have to be über sure we sold our allocation out.

Sir David Gray
09-05-2017, 09:41 PM
Agree. Only issue is pre match but shouldn't be an issue.

My only genuine concern is that we'd have to be über sure we sold our allocation out.

I don't see why pre-match would be a problem. There's 900 Hibs fans at Ibrox who manage to negotiate their way past 49000 Sevco fans without there being any major flashpoints.

Itsnoteasy
09-05-2017, 10:12 PM

Read the 1st post they suggested it.
Got to agree about the huns & the glesgae polis

hibbysam
09-05-2017, 10:34 PM

Easy, Hibs fans enter and exit via the gates behind the East stand, while away fans exit via the bridge.

We also have to give away fans beyond half way in the bottom tier due to the disabled spaces. Hence why the segregation was as it was against St Mirren.

Sir David Gray
09-05-2017, 10:37 PM
Read the 1st post they suggested it.
Got to agree about the huns & the glesgae polis

Sorry my mistake.

The majority are not suggesting we cut Hearts' allocation. I don't think that would be a popular move considering it would just be reciprocated at Tynecastle which we obviously wouldn't want.

I'm happy to allow Hearts full use of the south stand, everyone else should be restricted if the demand's there from the Hibs support.

Humo
09-05-2017, 11:11 PM
We should be giving the The Rangers fans the same % that they give us.

Ibrox has a capacity of 50987 and we get 900. That's 1.77%.

Easter Road has a capacity of 20421. So to give them the same % that they give us we should give them 360 tickets.

Because it's based on % and equal to what they give us no one can say it's unfair. Sorted

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bigwheel
10-05-2017, 05:20 AM
You been to hunbrox?

Many many times ....why?

MWHIBBIES
10-05-2017, 05:27 AM
We should be giving the The Rangers fans the same % that they give us.

Ibrox has a capacity of 50987 and we get 900. That's 1.77%.

Easter Road has a capacity of 20421. So to give them the same % that they give us we should give them 360 tickets.

Because it's based on % and equal to what they give us no one can say it's unfair. Sorted

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkWe'd be able to do it if our fans sell out the rest but if we arent winning every week it wont happen.

lyonhibs
10-05-2017, 05:43 AM
Hearts full stand
Celtic half the stand
Sevco 500

Why any difference between those 2 arse cheeks??

As few as possible to those 2 based on what we can sell, full stand to Hearts as long as it's reciprocated.

Ardenttwo
10-05-2017, 06:30 AM

When is the first game of the new season ?

we are hibs
10-05-2017, 06:57 AM
Why any difference between those 2 arse cheeks??

As few as possible to those 2 based on what we can sell, full stand to Hearts as long as it's reciprocated.

I wonder why hearts always get over 1000 tickets for Ibrox yet we only ever get 900 :hmmm:

O'Rourke3
10-05-2017, 08:02 AM
Can all of you under the misaprehention we have an agreement with Hearts go back and read Anne Budge's statement at the end of their Championship year. We were only getting half the Roseburn for league games. Had we gained promotion last year that would have come to pass. The whole reason we might get the full stand next year is there's likely to be less demand and greater availability at the home end. If we segregate the south it's everyone not just our pets across the road. Once again. There is no agreement. Pass it on....

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
10-05-2017, 08:06 AM
I would give all of them the minimum possible including the yams.

It does make a difference when less away fans are at ER - not just in the ground but surrounding streets etc before and after.

The key is for Hibs to sell as many season tickets as possible and then the individual home tickets are sold for the south stand.