PDA

View Full Version : Matt Briggs

hibees 7062
08-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Ipswich Town, Bristol Rovers and Hibernian are in a race to try and sign Dorking Wanderers’ Matt Briggs according to a report

The 21-year-old winger has been a star player for the Ryman League Division South side, helping them in their promotion battle alongside his studies at the University of Surrey.

H18 SFR
08-05-2017, 05:03 PM
Let's get the boy a song...

Briggs is on fire...

southern hibby
08-05-2017, 05:42 PM
Just read an article about him and Crystal Palace, Portsmouth and Charlton are a few clubs interested in him. Says that they expect a bidding war over him. Also says he's doing a 5 year Aerospace Engineering Degree, so this might come into account for who he signs for.

GGTTH

Wilson
08-05-2017, 05:44 PM
Just read an article about him and Crystal Palace, Portsmouth and Charlton are a few clubs interested in him. Says that they expect a bidding war over him. Also says he's doing a 5 year Aerospace Engineering Degree, so this might come into account for who he signs for.

GGTTH

The club get enough grief over the training ground. If Petrie builds a space station too there will be hell to pay.

Centre Hawf
08-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Is this not the boy Butcher wanted to sign when Marsella was the "Gem Finder/Goalkeeping coach"

H18 SFR
08-05-2017, 05:48 PM
News just in, Hearts have signed him, he's to train in the morning and attend lectures at Heriot Watt in the afternoon.

The scary thing is im sure they do that degree programme up there...

WoreTheGreen
08-05-2017, 05:50 PM
If hs signs "It's going to be a long long time"

Unseen work
08-05-2017, 09:00 PM
Jamie Insall number 2?

CallumLaidlaw
08-05-2017, 09:02 PM
Jamie Insall number 2?

Isn't the rymans about 5 tiers higher than the league Insall was playing in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unseen work
08-05-2017, 09:04 PM

To be honest I have absolutely no clue, I only said it tongue in cheek as I had never heard of them:greengrin

fwiw the amount of teams linked with him, he must have something about him.

Marco G
08-05-2017, 09:27 PM
To be honest I have absolutely no clue, I only said it tongue in cheek as I had never heard of them:greengrin

fwiw the amount of teams linked with him, he must have something about him.
Another thread asked us what we would be doing over close season. Answer: reading lots of threads about signing players we have never heard of?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Eyrie
08-05-2017, 09:51 PM
Another thread asked us what we would be doing over close season. Answer: reading lots of threads about signing players we have never heard of?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Then looking them up on Wikipedia, Football Manager and YouTube to decide if they are any good.

The Leith Dutch
08-05-2017, 11:31 PM
Then looking them up on Wikipedia, Football Manager and YouTube to decide if they are any good.

Long as there's no mention of "Deep Lying Playmakers" and that kind of pish ;)

Haymaker
09-05-2017, 02:32 AM

He (Briggs) was/is in Ryman South which is step 8. IIRC it's goes to Ryman national, conference south, conference, football league.

Insall was at step 6 iirc.

Ryman South has mostly semi professional teams in it although Briggs side were taken to penalties in the playoffs final by the strictly amateur side Corinthian Casuals (who happen to be captained and managed by friends of mine.)

Ryan69
09-05-2017, 03:35 AM

Better be careful..Hearts will be headhunting you if you carry that on.

pacoluna
09-05-2017, 12:18 PM
http://www.surreymirror.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276435/binaries/MattBriggspen.JPG

Matt Briggs in action.

I would fancy my chances in that league if that was the kind of defender I was up against :greengrin

overdrive
09-05-2017, 03:59 PM
http://www.surreymirror.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276435/binaries/MattBriggspen.JPG

Matt Briggs in action.

I would fancy my chances in that league if that was the kind of defender I was up against :greengrin

Ooft. I could still 'make it' judging by the size of that guy.

Eyrie
09-05-2017, 09:12 PM
Better be careful..Hearts will be headhunting you if you carry that on.

I have a long standing plan to pick Hearts on Football Manager, sell all their best players, overpay for a bunch of diddies on excessive wages and then see how long it takes to get fired.

Lack of time is my main obstacle.

Haymaker
09-05-2017, 10:52 PM
I have a long standing plan to pick Hearts on Football Manager, sell all their best players, overpay for a bunch of diddies on excessive wages and then see how long it takes to get fired.

I've done that, put everyone from the youngest lad up on as much as possible, huge bonuses, pay rises every year, 5 year deals etc.

Was great watching them plummet to Div 3 :greengrin

CyberSauzee
09-05-2017, 11:39 PM

Ryman Premier is the same level as the Southern Premier where Insall came from.

Ryman South and North both feed into the Ryman Premier, so he was playing one step below Insall.

H18 SFR
10-05-2017, 06:48 AM

Is this not what Cathro is currently doing for real?

Eyrie
10-05-2017, 07:26 PM
I've done that, put everyone from the youngest lad up on as much as possible, huge bonuses, pay rises every year, 5 year deals etc.

Was great watching them plummet to Div 3 :greengrin
:top marks

Is this not what Cathro is currently doing for real?

He hasn't sold their best players, although that is simply because none of them are good enough to be worth a fee.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
10-05-2017, 10:47 PM
I saw Briggs play a couple of weeks ago against my local team, Tooting & Mitcham United. He certainly did not stand out. There are a lot better players than him at this level.

Sergey
10-05-2017, 11:09 PM
I saw Briggs play a couple of weeks ago against my local team, Tooting & Mitcham United. He certainly did not stand out. There are a lot better players than him at this level.

:agree:

I saw every side in the Ryman Premier this season and there are a handful of players who could do well in the SPL. Look at what Lincoln City achieved under Cowley with several players who plied their trade with Concord Rangers. I mean - the Quarter Final of the FA Cup :faint: - beating Championship sides and EPL teams along the way.

I don't know Briggs but I have heard the name banded about. He seemingly had a blinder against Lewes this season that caught the eye of a few teams.

BTW - see you next season - we'll have to make a day of it when LTFC & ETFC play down your way. :aok: