PDA

View Full Version : Liam Boyce - Worth a punt?

RossScott1991
08-05-2017, 04:04 PM
With James Keatings leaving, likely Brian Graham, possibly Holt and bound to be speculation over Cummings, Strikers are one of our main priorities this summer. Lack of goals these past couple seasons has been a major issue in killing off teams. Ross County signed Liam Boyce on a free contract, not sure how long he has left on this deal. But since signing his stats are worth taking note and probaly goes under the radar.

77(19) League appearances 45 goals
3(2) Scottish Cup apperances 2 goals
8(3) League cup appearances 5 goals

Definitely the sort we should be looking at to improve the squad

wookie70
08-05-2017, 04:09 PM
Nothing under the radar about Boyce and would be a good signing

Ozyhibby
08-05-2017, 04:11 PM
With James Keatings leaving, likely Brian Graham, possibly Holt and bound to be speculation over Cummings, Strikers are one of our main priorities this summer. Lack of goals these past couple seasons has been a major issue in killing off teams. Ross County signed Liam Boyce on a free contract, not sure how long he has left on this deal. But since signing his stats are worth taking note and probaly goes under the radar.

77(19) League appearances 45 goals
3(2) Scottish Cup apperances 2 goals
8(3) League cup appearances 5 goals

Definitely the sort we should be looking at to improve the squad

More than worth a punt, he should be among our priority targets. He has a year left on his deal so he will be moving this summer. Will depend on if there is interest from down south. We should be able to match any interest from Aberdeen or Hearts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
08-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Great, so this is all we're going to hear all summer :rolleyes

#persevered
08-05-2017, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I'd love to have Boyce he's got a great record but I reckon we'll be up against some competition and if it's from south of the border then I don't see us getting him.

Aldo
08-05-2017, 04:31 PM
More than worth a punt, he should be among our priority targets. He has a year left on his deal so he will be moving this summer. Will depend on if there is interest from down south. We should be able to match any interest from Aberdeen or Hearts. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure the Yams can afford him Ozy!!

They won't want to pay a fee especially with the shortfall in finances for the mega stand!!

Dons maybe but not them

Ozyhibby
08-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Not sure the Yams can afford him Ozy!!

They won't want to pay a fee especially with the shortfall in finances for the mega stand!!

Dons maybe but not them

I agree and also anyone looking to go to the yams will have to take into account the fact that the manager that signs them could be away within a couple of months as his coat is already on a shoogly peg.

Aldo
08-05-2017, 05:16 PM
I agree and also anyone looking to go to the yams will have to take into account the fact that the manager that signs them could be away within a couple of months as his coat is already on a shoogly peg. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really do think Lennon knows who he wants and will have LD and co on it!

Boyce is however the sort of quality we should be looking at.

You never know we may even get a surprises or 2.

I think Lennon is a big draw!

Ozyhibby
08-05-2017, 05:46 PM
I really do think Lennon knows who he wants and will have LD and co on it!

Boyce is however the sort of quality we should be looking at.

You never know we may even get a surprises or 2.

I think Lennon is a big draw!

Absolutely. I think the whole club is a draw just now. The crowds we have been getting have been fantastic and the right signings this summer (not talking Messi and Ronaldo here) could really lift them again to a point where getting a ticket for Easter road could become a bit tricky.

Aldo
08-05-2017, 05:53 PM
Absolutely. I think the whole club is a draw just now. The crowds we have been getting have been fantastic and the right signings this summer (not talking Messi and Ronaldo here) could really lift them again to a point where getting a ticket for Easter road could become a bit tricky. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swanson is the first and hopefully MacGregor, Gray and Lewis to follow.

Players do take note and like you say hopefully the club is a big draw for them!!

CMurdoch
08-05-2017, 06:10 PM
We could outbid/provide a better wage than Aberdeen and Hearts.
Teams down South and possibly The Rangers could be the fly's in the ointment.

SirDavidsNapper
08-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Did Fenlon not try and sign him from an Irish team? I have a vague recollection

Diclonius
08-05-2017, 06:19 PM
We'll be in direct competition with Aberdeen for signings this season.

Zazu62
08-05-2017, 06:22 PM
We could outbid/provide a better wage than Aberdeen and Hearts.
Teams down South and possibly The Rangers could be the fly's in the ointment.

Aberdeen will pay bigger wages than us, Rooney,Jack Shinnie etc will be on a lot more than our players

hfc rd
08-05-2017, 06:32 PM
Would happily take Liam Boyce at Hibs.

CMurdoch
08-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Aberdeen will pay bigger wages than us, Rooney,Jack Shinnie etc will be on a lot more than our players

They probably do but if Hibs decide they want a player ahead of Aberdeen they can easily match what they offer and most players would prefer to be in Edinburgh.
There is nothing to suggest they will exceed an average of 13,000 fans with Hibs likely to average 16,500 next season. In Scotland bigger crowds equal more money to spend.

truehibernian
08-05-2017, 09:45 PM
Have to say that if we had money to buy Boyce, I'd rather it was spent on either Doolan, Edwards, and Osman at Thistle........always liked Doolan and if we kept Holt for another year he's exactly the foil KD would love. Edwards is an excellent player, very busy and industrious midfielder.......if we lost McGinn, he'd be a perfect addition to replace and a good age too.

Osman is an absolute machine in midfield, very strong, composed, and he's impressed me big time this season. Much improved player. We have Bartley, but sorry to go against the popular opinion, I don't rate MB over a season.

Unseen work
08-05-2017, 09:46 PM
Wouldn't be a punt at all.

Would be a brilliant signing and a real sign of intent, this is a player who has scored more goals in the league than '50 million pound' Dembele.

unfortunatley I can't see us getting him.

GreenCastle
08-05-2017, 09:50 PM
Would be a great signing especially since only 26 - bit like Adam Rooney.

I think he will go to Sevco though sadly

ancient hibee
08-05-2017, 10:27 PM
Think he's too left footed for Ibrox.International player,behind only Sinclair in scoring,mid twenties.More likely to go to the Championship down south particularly if Michael O'Neill recommends him.

Captain Trips
08-05-2017, 10:30 PM
I think this guy will probably get the chance to go down south and change his life financially. He cant be on a great deal just now even a Championship club taking him on probably give him 7 or 8k pw that is life changing for the guy.

I think we need to meet in middle with a player that things haven't worked out for but could be good, for me possibly Stokes?

Fergus52
08-05-2017, 10:30 PM
Have to say that if we had money to buy Boyce, I'd rather it was spent on either Doolan, Edwards, and Osman at Thistle........always liked Doolan and if we kept Holt for another year he's exactly the foil KD would love. Edwards is an excellent player, very busy and industrious midfielder.......if we lost McGinn, he'd be a perfect addition to replace and a good age too.

Osman is an absolute machine in midfield, very strong, composed, and he's impressed me big time this season. Much improved player. We have Bartley, but sorry to go against the popular opinion, I don't rate MB over a season.

why? Boyce has a much better scoring record and is 4 years younger so would have sell on value.

Doolan has had a good season but he's basically just a good poacher. Boyce has more to his all round game and scores more goals as well.

truehibernian
08-05-2017, 10:48 PM
why? Boyce has a much better scoring record and is 4 years younger so would have sell on value.

Doolan has had a good season but he's basically just a good poacher. Boyce has more to his all round game and scores more goals as well.

Not saying he isn't a good player - he is - but nearly half his return this year has come from games v ICT, and he has had real barren runs where he hasn't scored in 5 or 6 games.

If we kept Holt, someone like Doolan offers that '6 yard box striker' that I think we need. As I posted earlier, if that is supplemented by a real quality addition of Stokes type quality then fantastic. We need 4 quality strikers of varying types.

I would't be averse to getting Boyce in, just feel if we are spending on transfer fees, we can get good quality for less cash outlay - with similar output.

The Leith Dutch
08-05-2017, 11:25 PM
Not saying he isn't a good player - he is - but nearly half his return this year has come from games v ICT, and he has had real barren runs where he hasn't scored in 5 or 6 games.

If we kept Holt, someone like Doolan offers that '6 yard box striker' that I think we need. As I posted earlier, if that is supplemented by a real quality addition of Stokes type quality then fantastic. We need 4 quality strikers of varying types.

I would't be averse to getting Boyce in, just feel if we are spending on transfer fees, we can get good quality for less cash outlay - with similar output.

Cheers for that mate - made me realise I've been a little guilty of taking the overall stats with Boyce.
Still reckon he's good but goals by game if anyone is interested:
http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=56253

The Leith Dutch
08-05-2017, 11:28 PM

And Doolan's for completeness:
http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=50873

Scored in half his games against sevco and the yams which endears him to me greatly :)

Dunbar Hibee
09-05-2017, 02:14 AM
Would rather Louis Moult.

eastmainsmsh
09-05-2017, 08:42 AM
Did Fenlon not try and sign him from an Irish team? I have a vague recollection

Think it was cliftonville or maybe when he was at Bremen

Unseen work
09-05-2017, 08:53 AM
I would hate if we went for Kris Doolan.

A good player for Patrick Thistle who scored a lot for them, no doubt about it.

however he strikes me as similar to Heffernan and a player that just wouldn't do it for hibs.

weve tried to sign good spl players in the past and it just hasn't really worked for us.

were good at signing young exciting players on the way up, or very good players stepping down a level imo.

lucky
09-05-2017, 09:06 AM
If we want £3m for JC how much do you think Ross County would want for him?

Since90+2
09-05-2017, 09:12 AM
Boyce is out of contract next summer and can sign a pre contract with a club in January so his value wont be anywhere near what Cummings is (plus the fact Cummings is alot younger).

MB62
09-05-2017, 09:38 AM
I agree and also anyone looking to go to the yams will have to take into account the fact that the manager that signs them could be away within a couple of months as his coat is already on a shoogly peg.

I hear that they are hopeful of Berra going back to Swinie. I don't think their manager will be changing any time soon, Levein will be there for a while yet. (oh, sorry, are you talking about Patsy Cathro? I will be out before Christmas) :greengrin

We are probably a better attraction these days than the Yams or anyone else in Scotland outside the top three finishers of this season, and even in that, I agree with another poster that we will more than likely be competing with Aberdeen in the transfer market. If the Yams keep overpaying their players then I reckon Admin2 will not be far away. Given the calibre of player Father Dougal signed in January, I don't think there's anything to fear there.

ekhibee
09-05-2017, 09:47 AM
I have to say I'd be very surprised if Aberdeen are forking out for a new stadium and also spending big bucks on players, but stranger things have happened.

CMurdoch
09-05-2017, 10:05 AM
We took our medicine to build our stadium.
Hearts are not liking theirs at the moment and when Aberdeen eventually start building a stadium will have to take theirs and will fall away. The Rangers are still in a mess because they have been spitting their medicine out.
Hibs are in great shape financially and ready to push ahead of all their rivals other than Celtic.
I am confident we will be 4th next season and will strengthen again next summer.

SChibs
09-05-2017, 10:44 AM

If he can score 7+ goals a season in derby's then I'll take him at hibs.