PDA

View Full Version : Keatings signed for the arabs?

Speedway
08-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Anyone heard anything?

mike1875
08-05-2017, 01:44 PM
Anyone heard anything?

There is a story on the Dundee Evening Telegraph website , 2 year deal apparently

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/exclusive-dundee-united-agree-pre-contract-agreement-with-james-keatings2/

Salt N Sauzee
08-05-2017, 01:48 PM
Heard this too.

green with envy
08-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Heard this too.

Good luck to him if it's true.

Winston Ingram
08-05-2017, 01:51 PM
EN reporting this now...
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-forward-james-keatings-set-to-join-dundee-united-1-4440177

pacoluna
08-05-2017, 01:52 PM
strange I'm guessing by his own admission then, the championship is his level.

Borderhibbie76
08-05-2017, 01:53 PM
Strange he clearly doesn't have much confidence in his own ability as he keeps leaving promoted teams for championship?? As I don't see Utd negotiating 6 play off matches

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

HibsNutter
08-05-2017, 01:53 PM
Good luck. Decent ability but just not consistent enough to merit a starting slot for us. Wish him well, though.

Hopefully he made this decision knowing that Cummings is staying and we are signing someone like Boyce. Hence it would have been even harder for him to get a place if he had stayed.

Heisenberg
08-05-2017, 01:54 PM
Part of the team that won us the cup so his name goes down in history. Not good enough to start consistently for us though. Good luck to him.

Since90+2
08-05-2017, 01:56 PM
He's a decent enough wee player but if we want to be challenging for 2nd or 3rd next season then he aint good enough.

Hope he does well though.

BlackSheep
08-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Good luck. Decent ability but just not consistent enough to merit a starting slot for us. Wish him well, though.

Hopefully he made this decision knowing that Cummings is staying and we are signing someone like Boyce. Hence it would have been even harder for him to get a place if he had stayed.

I do hope this is the case as I rate Keatings quite highly and while he has made most of his appearances from the bench he definitely has the potential to become a better player and challenge for a starting place at Hibs.

Good luck if its true but im hoping its just hot air.

BH Hibs
08-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Would have liked him to stay but not to be. All the best for the future Keats will always be welcome back at ER.

heretoday
08-05-2017, 01:57 PM
I'm rather chagrined to see him go.

KeithTheHibby
08-05-2017, 01:58 PM
He's maybe only been offered a short contract by us and has a longer deal at United?

hibsbollah
08-05-2017, 02:00 PM
Disappointed to see him go.

rodhibs55
08-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Good luck if this is true.
He is very decent, great delivery from set pieces and some wonderfully shaped finishes from open play. Like a few on here though I don't feel he contributes enough or is consistent enough for a regular first team start.

JJP
08-05-2017, 02:01 PM
He scored 3 goals in 2 starts and then was dropped for the match against St Mirren so he has probably made the right choice in leaving. Sad to see him go though.

Dashing Bob S
08-05-2017, 02:03 PM
Not going to be happy about any of those legends going, and every departure is a sad smack somewhere deep in the gut.

Having acknowledged that as a starting point, we must now try and get realistic and move past it, and look at how we can improve the team. So wishing Keatings all the best at Dundee United and looking forward to Lennon bringing in a better replacement.

FitbaFolkKen
08-05-2017, 02:06 PM
My favourite memory of him is when the third goal goes in and he just runs in the opposite direction of the rest of the team to celebrate. Big thanks and best of luck to him.

neil7908
08-05-2017, 02:08 PM
Tbh I can see his reasons for leaving. He'd be a back up at Hibs and I suspect he won't have got a 2 year deal from us.

Would like to have kept him but he gets my best wishes. Always seemed to enjoy playing for us and gave 100%.

JimboHibs
08-05-2017, 02:10 PM
Strange he clearly doesn't have much confidence in his own ability as he keeps leaving promoted teams for championship?? As I don't see Utd negotiating 6 play off matches

What an absolute pish comment.

Thecat23
08-05-2017, 02:10 PM
My favourite memory of him is when the third goal goes in and he just runs in the opposite direction of the rest of the team to celebrate. Big thanks and best of luck to him.

Same, he loved his time here and that pic is just fantastic.

Thecat23
08-05-2017, 02:12 PM
I'd heard he was offereded a 1 year deal better money than he was on but would simply be a squad player.

Really hope he does well, and will always be part of the legends!

Sean1875
08-05-2017, 02:13 PM
Wish him all the best - agreed its probably right for him to be seeking more regular footbal. Will always be a Hibs legend and welcomed back for being part of that SC team :aok:

Diclonius
08-05-2017, 02:14 PM
A wee bit sad to see him go but fair enough if he doesn't just want to be a reserve striker.

Cheers for some big goals the last couple of years - and the part in the final. Cup winning legend.

Borderhibbie76
08-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Why what's pish about it?? He was offered a new deal with a chance to challenge himself at a higher level and he has chose to move. He keeps leaving when teams get promotion I don't see what is pish about it at all???

Fwiw I really like Keats he leaves as a cup winning legend and am sad to see him go but he clearly doesn't believe he can fight for a place in the team.

Spike Mandela
08-05-2017, 02:15 PM

It is strange though that he has played a crucial part in 3 clubs winning the Championship yet never moving with them to the Premier league.:confused:

DH1875
08-05-2017, 02:16 PM
I'm surprised at the timing of this. Would have thought Utd would be waiting to see which division they'd be in before making any signings.

Thecat23
08-05-2017, 02:18 PM
Why what's pish about it?? He was offered a new deal with a chance to challenge himself at a higher level and he has chose to move. He keeps leaving when teams get promotion I don't see what is pish about it at all???

Fwiw I really like Keats he leaves as a cup winning legend and am sad to see him go but he clearly doesn't believe he can fight for a place in the team.

I see it the other way, he wants to play weekly Utd might even win the play offs. Even if they don't they will be favs to win it next season. So he's clearly just want to play games rather than be a squad player.

calumhibee1
08-05-2017, 02:19 PM
Good luck. A Hibernian legend.

Borderhibbie76
08-05-2017, 02:20 PM
I see it the other way, he wants to play weekly Utd might even win the play offs. Even if they don't they will be favs to win it next season. So he's clearly just want to play games rather than be a squad player.
I get that but you'd have thought he would have wanted to fight for a place at Hibs where he clearly loved playing. Sad to see him go and wish him all the best. Sadly for him...I don't see Utd coming through 6 play offs this season and it will be tough again for them next season with whoever comes/stays down plus the likes of a rejuvenated St Mirren.

Winston Ingram
08-05-2017, 02:24 PM

I don't think it's about his ability, more about getting game time. If we have offered him a deal, the only reason he would have left for there would be the promise of playing time. Judging by the state of their finances, i'm pretty sure they won't be paying more than us.

Ozyhibby
08-05-2017, 02:24 PM
Good on him for putting game time first before money. I think he will be a first choice there and do well for them.
Wish him well and he never really let anyone down at Hibs. And has a lovely cup winners medal to remember his time here.
Time to make sure we replace him with real quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08-05-2017, 02:25 PM
Good luck Keats. He made a solid contribution over the last 2 years and wish him well.

BegbieHSC
08-05-2017, 02:25 PM
Good luck to the lad!

A very talented and hard working guy, just unfortunate timing for him - it's very rare for Hibs have a striker Keatsy's quality on the bench, but then again, it's very rare for us to have a player like Jase starting for us!

If United don't come up in the play offs, I hope Keatsy brings them up next season,and gets a good crack at the premiership.

I'll never forget him running manically round the East/North stand as Gray celebrated and the rest celebrated the winner in the South on that special day last May. Forever a hero!

Also, Hibs will always be with him too - mind his tattoo? http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/james-keatings-marks-hibs-scottish-cup-win-with-huge-tattoo-1-4139698

J-C
08-05-2017, 02:26 PM
Decent wee player but too inconsistent to push for a regular start, good luck to him but in the end we need better to get to the top

h185forever
08-05-2017, 02:27 PM
Sad .....

Consistency comes with regular games unless you're in the level of players we can't afford.

I think it's unfair to judge players like Keats on the odd game here or there or even the 20-30 mins now and again that they get. Ability is there to see, but confidence can be hard to find when you have to try that wee bit harder to catch the managers eye.

Being dropped after scoring a few can't help either.

I wish him well whatever he does and will always remember him fondly as part of the legendary team.

Thecat23
08-05-2017, 02:30 PM
I get that but you'd have thought he would have wanted to fight for a place at Hibs where he clearly loved playing. Sad to see him go and wish him all the best. Sadly for him...I don't see Utd coming through 6 play offs this season and it will be tough again for them next season with whoever comes/stays down plus the likes of a rejuvenated St Mirren.

I would have liked to have seen him stay myself as well but I think it's the right decision based on playing regular games.

Thecat23
08-05-2017, 02:31 PM
I don't think it's about his ability, more about getting game time. If we have offered him a deal, the only reason he would have left for there would be the promise of playing time. Judging by the state of their finances, i'm pretty sure they won't be paying more than us.

Defo haven't matched what Hibs offered. Was simply down to playing every week rather than sitting on the bench for us.

Borderhibbie76
08-05-2017, 02:31 PM
I would have liked to have seen him stay myself as well but I think it's the right decision based on playing regular games.
On positive side from our point of view could it mean Cummings is deffo staying?? I'd have imagined if Keats thought JC was going he would have stayed...

Springbank
08-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Will always be made very welcome back at Easter Road
Thanks for the best day & best weekend ever James, and good luck to you.
Utd will be getting a fine player

Thecat23
08-05-2017, 02:32 PM
On positive side from our point of view could it mean Cummings is deffo staying?? I'd have imagined if Keats thought JC was going he would have stayed...

Fingers crossed mate! 🤞🏼

Shrekko
08-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Sad to see a good player leave.

Can't understand people questioning his ambition. Would you expect him to stay at Hamilton instead of going to Hearts? Would he have left Hearts if he'd felt he was going to play every week? Same with Hibs. The notion that he himself doesn't fancy the SPL is a bit silly. Once again, a good club has come in for him and he sees the chance of more job security and a fresh start- what's wrong with that?

Borderhibbie76
08-05-2017, 02:34 PM
Fingers crossed mate! 🤞🏼
Deffo I could be reading too much into it...but he'd surely have fancied his chances at Hibs if Cummings was leaving...

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2017, 02:34 PM
I'm rather chagrined to see him go.

Its a long time since i have been chagrined??????:greengrin Sad to see another legend leave, but he's not done enough to break through and claim a first team spot.

Good luck to the lad. :not worth

Pete
08-05-2017, 02:35 PM
No negativity or questioning circumstances here. No need.

Good luck to a legend.

hibs#1
08-05-2017, 02:36 PM
Good for him for turning down more money for regular game time. Scottish cup winner and hope he has great success in his career just not against us.for what it's worth it don't think utd will come through the playoffs and it will be tough for them next year aswell.

GordonHFC
08-05-2017, 02:37 PM

A lot of people will be thinking the same thing though.

To deliver...
08-05-2017, 02:39 PM
http://dufc.co/news/dundee-united-sign-james-keatings-pre-contract/

Confirmed.

scoopyboy
08-05-2017, 02:40 PM

Excellent post and pic.

Saves me the bother as agree 100%.

JimBHibees
08-05-2017, 02:43 PM

Yep wonderful moment. :thumbsup:

MartinfaePorty

Confirmed.
They need to get their facts right though. Unfortunately, it wasn't 3 consecutive seasons he got promotion!

where'stheslope
Sorry to see him go!

His ability was always good if not consistent, will be suited to Dundee United with his running the channels.

Not the sort of player to come up against next season if they are promoted, the I told you so but I was only a bit part player!

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-05-2017, 02:45 PM
Seems like NL has outlined his plans to the players out of contract and he's one that's decided he values play time more than anything else.

Fair enough you cant argue with that. Thanks for your input over the last 2 years James, played his part in the historic cup win and bagged some very important goals over his time here.

Goes with my best wishes for the future

lucky
08-05-2017, 02:48 PM
Good luck to him he's a decent wee player in the championship. Will always be remembered for playing his part in the 21.05.16. But let's not get too carried away about his ability he has now never made it at Celtic, Hearts or Hibs as a recognized starter.

Waxy
08-05-2017, 02:48 PM
Wanted him to stay but a hibees legend forever.

Andy74
08-05-2017, 02:49 PM
Best thing all round really - he was never seen as a first choice striker and he wasn't good enough in the other positions he has played.

He will score goals for them if played up front regularly and we clear the way for someone who we hopefully see as providing more competition to Cummings.

guthrie01
08-05-2017, 02:50 PM
I'll never forget that moment he curled the ball into Falkirks net and secured us the Championship. A great player but was always likely to be a squad player so makes sense to go looking for a team which can give him regular time. Best of luck Keats

JimBHibees
08-05-2017, 02:51 PM
I'll never forget that moment he curled the ball into Falkirks net and secured us the Championship. A great player but was always likely to be a squad player so makes sense to go looking for a team which can give him regular time. Best of luck Keats

Fantastic goal and couldnt have happened against a better team. One of the best moments of the season. :thumbsup:

Bishop Hibee
08-05-2017, 02:52 PM
Cup winning great. Good luck to him for the rest of his career. Rebuilding for the Premiership underway.

ekhibee
08-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Sad to see a good player leave.

Can't understand people questioning his ambition. Would you expect him to stay at Hamilton instead of going to Hearts? Would he have left Hearts if he'd felt he was going to play every week? Same with Hibs. The notion that he himself doesn't fancy the SPL is a bit silly. Once again, a good club has come in for him and he sees the chance of more job security and a fresh start- what's wrong with that?
You think DU are a bigger club than Hibs? He was offered a better deal than the one he's on now, with a team that's going to be playing in the premiership next season, and he's chosen to go to a team that IMO won't be. On what I've seen of them I very much doubt Dundee Utd are going up, and he's probably been drafted in to replace Andreu who'll be off at the end of the season. Keatings has scored some really good goals, but I expected more of a contribution from him, and virtually the entire time he was at Hibs, when he wasn't injured, it was evident he wasn't a 90 minute player for us. I would totally agree with anybody who said that he was a good sub to have on the bench, nobody in their right mind could deny that, but he struggled when asked to do a whole game. I would suggest the last time we played Dunfermline as a perfect example of that.

Vault Boy
08-05-2017, 02:57 PM
Best of luck James, cup winning legend and scorer of some incredibly important goals for us. Hope he finds the first team football he's searching for.

Jim44
08-05-2017, 03:00 PM
Good luck to the guy. I wouldn't have minded him as a squad player next season but I reckon he's a bit peeved, chagrined even, :greengrin, with the eternal sub role at ER. At least there's little chance of him coming back to haunt us, unless, of-course, United are unlucky enough to get us in a cup tie.

yonder1875
08-05-2017, 03:05 PM
Wish him all the best, wish he'd have stayed with us for a crack at the prem but I can understand his decision.

DUFC getting a more than useful player, who will thrive being their main man up top.

Michael
08-05-2017, 03:06 PM
A bit disappointed he's left. Decent player.

TonyStokeprano
08-05-2017, 03:08 PM

Wonder if that means jason is staying another year, you'd think he might have got more of a chance next season if jason left. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

Dunbar Hibee
08-05-2017, 03:15 PM
All the best Keatsy. Hibs legend.

scooby
08-05-2017, 03:23 PM
Really sad to see Keats leave, but understand his decision. One of the best strikers of a ball and a real talent, but just too inconsistent.

hibee92
08-05-2017, 03:27 PM
Confirmed by united

SRHibs
08-05-2017, 03:28 PM

erin go bragh
One of the immortals. All the best Keats .
The guy wants to play up front as a striker. Would have been a squad player and not even guaranteed to play up front at all .

edwards
Have to admit he did irritate me at times but has that spark but when in from the start just didn't do it regularly, he did score some great goals none more so than the winner against Falkirk at ER. Wish him all the best and a big thank you for helping us get back up and winning the scottish James.

All the best for the future.

edwards
08-05-2017, 03:30 PM
Oh and lets hope Andreu is coming the other way.

SaulGoodman
08-05-2017, 03:30 PM
Putting playing time above money. Not many footballers do that these days fair play to him.

tamig
08-05-2017, 03:36 PM
You think DU are a bigger club than Hibs? He was offered a better deal than the one he's on now, with a team that's going to be playing in the premiership next season, and he's chosen to go to a team that IMO won't be. On what I've seen of them I very much doubt Dundee Utd are going up, and he's probably been drafted in to replace Andreu who'll be off at the end of the season. Keatings has scored some really good goals, but I expected more of a contribution from him, and virtually the entire time he was at Hibs, when he wasn't injured, it was evident he wasn't a 90 minute player for us. I would totally agree with anybody who said that he was a good sub to have on the bench, nobody in their right mind could deny that, but he struggled when asked to do a whole game. I would suggest the last time we played Dunfermline as a perfect example of that.
Where did the guy mention anything about DU being bigger than Hibs? Keatings has maybe looked at the longer deal and a chance for more game time there and decided to move on that basis.

Thegreenside
08-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Good luck to the guy. It's sad to see everyone that played a part of the cup run leave.

SteveHFC
Welcome back to easter road anytime. Legend. :aok:

GreenCastle
Sad to see him go but not surprised as the guy lives to score goals and he wasn't getting enough game time with Hibs.

He was really good before his injury when Cummings was dropped but then Cummings form picked up.

Will be interesting to see how many goals he scores playing every week.

Also odd he didn't wait to see what division Utd will be in before signing as could have found a club like Hamilton etc maybe.

Ideally would have kept him for his banter around the dressing room and he's a natural finisher but maybe a sign of things to come with a few leaving and 5 or 6 joining as we aim to strengthen.

Good luck - one of the legends and some amazing party antics with Boyle and co!

Big_Franck
08-05-2017, 03:46 PM
Good luck to him at Dundee United. He did well for us and even in games where it didn't come off for him he always gave 100%. He played his part in our Scottish Cup win, including that goal against Inverness. He also scored a peach in one of the most important games of the season this year.

With Stokes and Keatings gone who will be 'on fire' next season though? :dunno:

ekhibee
08-05-2017, 03:48 PM
Where did the guy mention anything about DU being bigger than Hibs? Keatings has maybe looked at the longer deal and a chance for more game time there and decided to move on that basis.
In that case I stand corrected.

The Harp
08-05-2017, 03:53 PM
Sad to hear Keats is off to United. Really rate the guy. Hope he's made the right decision and he gets the regular starts he wants.
All the best James and thanks for your contribution in getting us the holy grail

JohnMcM
08-05-2017, 03:56 PM
Good luck to you James. Personally, sorry to see you go, and understand your decision.

SlickShoes
08-05-2017, 04:00 PM
I like him, played his part in the immortal hibs team we will remember forever and that goal against Falkirk put the nail in their coffin.

He wants to play football and have a more secure future and if he has to leave to do that then good luck!

He seems to have his head screwed on, hopefully he can help Dundee UTD get promoted next season.

SaulGoodman
08-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Good luck to him at Dundee United. He did well for us and even in games where it didn't come off for him he always gave 100%. He played his part in our Scottish Cup win, including that goal against Inverness. He also scored a peach in one of the most important games of the season this year.

With Stokes and Keatings gone who will be 'on fire' next season though? :dunno:

Stokes of course..

hibs0666
08-05-2017, 04:13 PM
By his deeds he has earned immortality. All the best James and we'll see you back at Easter Road many many times in the decades to come. :hibees

hibbycraig
08-05-2017, 04:13 PM
Could we allow him out of his contract early so he could play for united in the playoffs? Win the league with us and get promotion through the playoffs with them.

matty_f
08-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Good luck to him, goes with my best wishes and thanks for playing a part in promotion and, of course, the Scottish Cup win.

Callum_62
08-05-2017, 04:28 PM
Could we allow him out of his contract early so he could play for united in the playoffs? Win the league with us and get promotion through the playoffs with them.

Doubt thats allowed

Malthibby
08-05-2017, 04:29 PM
Good luck to him, goes with my best wishes and thanks for playing a part in promotion and, of course, the Scottish Cup win.

Yup, great wee player whoo is stunningly good when it's working. Sorry to see him go.
GG

TelaStella
08-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Real shame about this one IMO Keatings has more than enough ability to do a job for us next season, I just don't understand what Lennon doesn't seem to like about him. If I was playing 2nd fiddle to Brian effin Graham all season, I'd probably be looking elsewhere too. A prime example of a wasted talent for us. All the best Keats.

Ronniekirk
08-05-2017, 04:32 PM
He knew he wouldn't be a first team pick with us and maybe contract offer reflected that
United need to come up next Season and know St Mirren will now feel they can finish first so they are going for tried and test players at Championship Level
We need to improve our scoring options and on that basis for me i thought Keating's or Boyle would probably go Boyle has scored more snd arguably improved as a player Who knows if he can continue improving but Keating's for all his ability didn't secure first team slot when he got a run in team

hibbycraig
08-05-2017, 04:36 PM
Doubt thats allowed

Would it not just be like signing a free agent?

HoboHarry
08-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Would it not just be like signing a free agent?
You need to read the rules. He would have had to have been a free agent when the transfer window ended.

Unseen work
08-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Not bothered he is leaving at all.

in 2 years he has contributed little and rarely showed the quality he clearly has.

i don't know why he doesn't show it enough, whether it's confidence or what but imo he never imposed himself on games enough.

for where we are striving to be I think we need better and players that will contribute consistently and push for a start.

i wish him all the best at Dundee United, a good move for him.

Borderhibbie76
08-05-2017, 05:01 PM
Real shame about this one IMO Keatings has more than enough ability to do a job for us next season, I just don't understand what Lennon doesn't seem to like about him. If I was playing 2nd fiddle to Brian effin Graham all season, I'd probably be looking elsewhere too. A prime example of a wasted talent for us. All the best Keats.
He didn't play 2nd fiddle to Brian Graham tho?? In fact Graham had even lass game time than Keats

Topographic Hibby
08-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Sorry to see him go. Would have kept him, but respect his decision and reason(s).

That moment on 21/5 where he went bonkers in front of North Stand will live long in the memory.

Thanks James, especially for that goal vs Falkirk, all the best:thumbsup:

supermcginn
08-05-2017, 05:13 PM
Not bothered he is leaving at all.

in 2 years he has contributed little and rarely showed the quality he clearly has.

i don't know why he doesn't show it enough, whether it's confidence or what but imo he never imposed himself on games enough.

for where we are striving to be I think we need better and players that will contribute consistently and push for a start.

i wish him all the best at Dundee United, a good move for him.
Completely agree, there's no room for sentiment and our scoring record this season was poor! We need much better for the step up.

08-05-2017, 05:23 PM
Sorry to see a Scottish Cup winning legend leave but understand his reasons why. I wish him the best of luck at DUFC and hope he gets plenty of game time with them.

ancient hibee
08-05-2017, 05:33 PM
Wonder which league he'll be in?

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2017, 05:36 PM
He didn't play 2nd fiddle to Brian Graham tho?? In fact Graham had even lass game time than Keats

Aye but apart from that the boy had a decent rant. :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
08-05-2017, 05:37 PM
Aye but apart from that the boy had a decent rant. :greengrin
👏👏👏

Hibernia&Alba
08-05-2017, 05:38 PM
That's a bit out of the blue. Sad to lose him, to be honest. I hope it goes well for him at Tannadice.

08-05-2017, 05:40 PM
Gutted to see him go, DUFC is a step down from hibs but I understand that he wants more regular starts.

All the best to him. Thank you for your part to play in last years Scottish cup and this years Championship win.

O'Rourke3
08-05-2017, 05:46 PM
Awwww!

All the best Keats. Falkirk goal and one man cup win celebration - legend.

houstonhibbee
08-05-2017, 06:03 PM
Completely agree, there's no room for sentiment and our scoring record this season was poor! We need much better for the step up.
I'm not sure we can afford to pay salaries of players that are "much better" than Keatings?

SirDavidsNapper
08-05-2017, 06:07 PM
Wonder which league he'll be in?

No chance United will go up

emerald green
08-05-2017, 06:09 PM
If Keatings is played as a first choice striker for DU, he will score lots of goals for them next season in the Championship.

Thanks James for that great goal against Falkirk especially. A really crucial goal as far as Hibs winning the Championship was concerned.

Presumably the fact that JK is moving on means Jason Cummings will be staying at Hibs next season?

supermcginn
08-05-2017, 06:17 PM
I'm not sure we can afford to pay salaries of players that are "much better" than Keatings?

Plenty of players out there in our budget who would manage more than 8 goals in 30 games playing against mainly poor teams.

bigwheel
08-05-2017, 06:25 PM
Plenty of players out there in our budget who would manage more than 8 goals in 30 games playing against mainly poor teams.

That is such a sweeping generalisation...many things can hamper goals return - game time , injuries, form , confidence, formations - there is no guarantees with any signing - particularly at our level which will be 1k-1.5k per week for all but a few players ...

Keatings is not irreplaceable- but it's not automatic we will end up with better - we've made mistakes before. James Collins anyone ?

PeterboroHibee
08-05-2017, 06:30 PM
All the best to him, but if there was an offer from us I dont understand why hes left. Hes spoken about wanting to prove himself at Premiership level (he even mentions it in his United interview), and had the opportunity to do that with us. Even if he wasnt first choice, that doesnt mean he couldnt have forced his way into the team. Find it a bit strange.

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2017, 07:13 PM
That is such a sweeping generalisation...many things can hamper goals return - game time , injuries, form , confidence, formations - there is no guarantees with any signing - particularly at our level which will be 1k-1.5k per week for all but a few players ...

Keatings is not irreplaceable- but it's not automatic we will end up with better - we've made mistakes before. James Collins anyone ?

Thats all very true, but do we not have to try and get someone better? He's been here 2 seasons and not forced his way into the team, and at best he's only going to be a sub/squad player.

I understand that its good to have a player who can come in from time to time, and do a decent job, but surely it's time we started looking at players a bit better?

As you say we've made mistakes before, but surely that's not a reason for not trying again.

houstonhibbee
08-05-2017, 07:20 PM
why weren't they playing for us last season then?

houstonhibbee
08-05-2017, 07:23 PM
All the best to him, but if there was an offer from us I dont understand why hes left. Hes spoken about wanting to prove himself at Premiership level (he even mentions it in his United interview), and had the opportunity to do that with us. Even if he wasnt first choice, that doesnt mean he couldnt have forced his way into the team. Find it a bit strange.
agreed. can't imagine dundee utd offered him a substantially better deal - and playing time will depend on performances - at any club

houstonhibbee
08-05-2017, 07:28 PM
If Keatings is played as a first choice striker for DU, he will score lots of goals for them next season in the Championship.

Thanks James for that great goal against Falkirk especially. A really crucial goal as far as Hibs winning the Championship was concerned.

Presumably the fact that JK is moving on means Jason Cummings will be staying at Hibs next season?

one would hope so......................certainly that is the plan as he's under contract. He will only move IF Hibs get an offer they can't refuse AND JC accepts the personal terms offered

rotherhamrob
08-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Gutted he's gone and as others have said, will always be remembered as a member of our cup winning team.

Ozyhibby
08-05-2017, 07:37 PM

Maybe didn't want to play in the championship?

supermcginn
08-05-2017, 07:45 PM

We are in the top league now it makes a huge difference in who we can attract!

houstonhibbee
08-05-2017, 07:52 PM
We are in the top league now it makes a huge difference in who we can attract!
I hope you're right then

truehibernian
08-05-2017, 08:35 PM
Really liked Keatings and he seemed really good around the club and dressing room - wish him all the best. Feel a wee bit sad about his departure.

Regardless of our offer, we must have someone of real quality lined up to add firepower.

Absolutely no info, but I wonder if Blackburn will pay up Stokesy's contract now they're down and leave him free to join - would make sense, would give him another chance to reinvigorate his career at a club he knows and loves and also work towards one last big payday if he put a good couple of years in ? :cb

Kato
08-05-2017, 08:43 PM

Tee-hee, check the stickys throwing their guts up.

Thief
11-05-2017, 07:07 AM
One of the best interviews I've read from a departing player! Best of luck Keats [emoji106]
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/james-keatings-i-m-sad-to-quit-hibs-but-i-had-to-put-career-first-1-4442425

GreenCastle
11-05-2017, 07:31 AM
One of the best interviews I've read from a departing player! Best of luck Keats [emoji106]
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/james-keatings-i-m-sad-to-quit-hibs-but-i-had-to-put-career-first-1-4442425

Good read - thanks.

It's something I've said before but the bond in the dressing room has been key to both trophy wins. I really hope with several key players staying it remains.

Going to be very interesting to see if Keatings plays every week how many goals he will score.

I rate the guy and would be top scorer in a championship next season easily.

If they get promoted - again will be interesting to see - though good strikers also need supply as only so much they can do on own.

lucky
11-05-2017, 07:55 AM
Good interview but he knew he was a squad player at Hibs. I hope he get his chance at United and proves to be a player who is good enough to start but he is nowhere near the standard of JC.

poolman
11-05-2017, 08:21 AM
No chance United will go up

NO chance ?

Really ?

SirDavidsNapper
11-05-2017, 10:49 AM
NO chance ?

Really ?

Figure of speech. There's also a chance Hibs could one day win the Champions league but it's not going to happen.

poolman
11-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Figure of speech. There's also a chance Hibs could one day win the Champions league but it's not going to happen.

Strange analogy between DU going up to the premier league in play offs and Hibs winning the champions League 🤔

JimBHibees
11-05-2017, 02:15 PM
Strange analogy between DU going up to the premier league in play offs and Hibs winning the champions League 🤔

Yep not exactly the same thing. :greengrin United have a reasonable chance of going up though they have a lot to do.

Salt N Sauzee
11-05-2017, 02:49 PM

:taxi

SirDavidsNapper
11-05-2017, 02:52 PM

I was trying to simplify it for you 👍

Brooster
11-05-2017, 06:51 PM
Defo haven't matched what Hibs offered. Was simply down to playing every week rather than sitting on the bench for us.

I heard differently. DU offered a longer deal with more money.