PDA

View Full Version : Red card rules

My_Wife_Camille
08-05-2017, 11:05 AM
What happens after you are sent off? Am I right in saying that you are not allowed back on the pitch at any time, even after the final whistle?

Anyone know the rules?

grunt
08-05-2017, 11:13 AM
What happens after you are sent off? Am I right in saying that you are not allowed back on the pitch at any time, even after the final whistle?

Anyone know the rules?Doesn't seem to be specific regarding your question.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=3605

A player, substitute or substituted player who has been sent off must leave the vicinity of the field of play and the technical area

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2017, 12:25 PM

Anyone know the rules?

Why you asking?

vincipernoi
08-05-2017, 12:30 PM
Why you asking?

perhaps walker went back on for the much deserved lap of honour at tynecastle having been sent off?

wouldn't worry - I'm sure a Mr LW will have notified the authorities promptly

My_Wife_Camille
08-05-2017, 12:34 PM
perhaps walker went back on for the much deserved lap of honour at tynecastle having been sent off?

wouldn't worry - I'm sure a Mr LW will have notified the authorities promptly

This is why I was wondering. Not particularly bothered either way, was just wondering as I seem to remember Jason in the DVD saying he wasn't able to join in Sunshine on Leith after the Derby last season as he'd been sent off so seemed odd that Walker was allowed out for their walk of shame

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2017, 01:19 PM
This is why I was wondering. Not particularly bothered either way, was just wondering as I seem to remember Jason in the DVD saying he wasn't able to join in Sunshine on Leith after the Derby last season as he'd been sent off so seemed odd that Walker was allowed out for their walk of shame

Probably his last game for Hearts anyway, off to Rangers. Yeah seems strange right enough, different rules for different clubs!

lord bunberry
08-05-2017, 01:21 PM

I don't know the rules, but it could be because the whole team had left the pitch. In Cummings case the team had stayed on the pitch.

SaulGoodman
08-05-2017, 04:20 PM
Can remember Suarez lording it up during the 2010 World Cup after his handball kept them in it.

My_Wife_Camille
08-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Can remember Suarez lording it up during the 2010 World Cup after his handball kept them in it.

Seem to remember him running around the tunnel though and not being on the pitch?

JimBHibees
08-05-2017, 04:51 PM
I don't know the rules, but it could be because the whole team had left the pitch. In Cummings case the team had stayed on the pitch.

I think that would be it. There was a gap between the end of the game and the lap of honour. Gave the players time to put on the thank you tee shirts for the 35 people still there to see it. :greengrin

SaulGoodman
08-05-2017, 05:23 PM
Seem to remember him running around the tunnel though and not being on the pitch?

He was definitely on the pitch, you're thinking about when the player misses the subsequent penalty that was given for his hand ball.

Edit: Here he is at full time http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/07/03/article-1291606-0A4DDB7C000005DC-354_634x510.jpg

My_Wife_Camille
08-05-2017, 11:20 PM
He was definitely on the pitch, you're thinking about when the player misses the subsequent penalty that was given for his hand ball.

Edit: Here he is at full time http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/07/03/article-1291606-0A4DDB7C000005DC-354_634x510.jpg
Yep fair enough. I was at the game too!