PDA

View Full Version : The Rangers fans, at Firhill

monktonharp
08-05-2017, 12:10 AM
I have not read anything, only stating that someone told me that the The Rangers fans had invaded the pitch at Firhill, when they scored in extra time against Partick Thistle. did any of their fans assault Partick players? is it all on camera? were there any arrests? did they have horses on the park, and basically will anything come of this with the media providing some information as to the thuggery that was obviously involved?

frazeHFC
08-05-2017, 12:14 AM
You would think it was a title winning goal the way they celebrated it.

NAE NOOKIE
08-05-2017, 12:49 AM
What was telling was the fact that they went so mental over a win against Partick Thistle, even if it was with a last minute goal ..... changed days eh :greengrin

monktonharp
08-05-2017, 01:05 AM
What was telling was the fact that they went so mental over a win against Partick Thistle, even if it was with a last minute goal ..... changed days eh :greengrinover exuberance surely . they have had a hard time of late:greengrin

OsloHibs
08-05-2017, 01:40 AM
The goal right at the end guaranteed them Europa football next season, hence why the scenes of exuberance.
That'll be (hopefully) Hibs fans next season.. except staying in your seats folks!

Jim44
08-05-2017, 04:49 AM
I don't think any players were involved but I'm sure I saw at least one guy punching a security steward who was trying to apprehend him.

Deansy
08-05-2017, 04:54 AM
The goal right at the end guaranteed them Europa football next season, hence why the scenes of exuberance.
That'll be (hopefully) Hibs fans next season.. except staying in your seats folks!

Has that been confirmed yet - thought there was some doubt due to (or hopefully - thanks to) UEFA's financial-rules ??

Jim44
08-05-2017, 05:02 AM
Has that been confirmed yet - thought there was some doubt due to (or hopefully - thanks to) UEFA's financial-rules ??

I'm sure I read recently that it's highly unlikely that UEFA will invoke the rules preventing them participating.

Pretty Boy
08-05-2017, 06:30 AM
Nothing less than a year long campaign of 'please grass your mates' from Police Scotland will suffice as far as I'm concerned. Just think what could have happened if the Partick fans had responded to such prolonged provocation.

tamig
08-05-2017, 08:53 AM

Hopefully they will be pumped in the first qualifying round. They seem to be viewing the Europa League as a gateway to riches.

MB62
08-05-2017, 09:11 AM
I don't think any players were involved but I'm sure I saw at least one guy punching a security steward who was trying to apprehend him.

I saw that too Jim.
Investigation by P.S. required.

where'stheslope
08-05-2017, 09:20 AM
I saw that too Jim.
Investigation by P.S. required.

I watched it on SKY and the stewards tried to catch the boy in the grey hoody finally wrestling him to the ground.

Biggest question was where was the Police????

No Police then no action against Rangers!!!!!

delbert
08-05-2017, 10:17 AM
over exuberance surely . they have had a hard time of late:greengrin

The BBC as ever were even handed in their approach on last nights Sportscene, last year Chick Dung described our fans attacking Sevco players with a belt and punching them right in front of him when our fans went on at Hampden, last night bellend Sutherland described the same reaction to a last minute winning goal in Glasgow as 'exuberance', I wonder where he learned a word like that ? The bias and denial of anything remotely resembling facts at the BBC in Glasgow is breathtaking !!

SirDavidsNapper
08-05-2017, 10:20 AM
So that's player attacks and pitch invasions in the space of a week? The media are very quiet on this

SirDavidsNapper
08-05-2017, 10:34 AM
For a club that's been trying to engineer a move to England for years a pitch invasion against the mighty Thistle is rather embarrassing no?

18Hibee75
08-05-2017, 11:16 AM
The funniest thing about the pitch invasion was not the rangers fans running on the pitch celebrating a win against Partick Thistle. But the stewards pathetic attempt at stopping this, please tell me im not the only one to have seen this?

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

TAHibby
08-05-2017, 11:18 AM
The funniest thing about the pitch invasion was not the rangers fans running on the pitch celebrating a win against Partick Thistle. But the stewards pathetic attempt at stopping this, please tell me im not the only one to have seen this?

I remember seeing last May the steward doing crab like movements trying to grab people as hundreds of folk flooded past him 😂

Big_Franck
08-05-2017, 11:19 AM
https://www.facebook.com/scottishfootballawayfans/videos/691054564437750/

Big_Franck
08-05-2017, 11:23 AM

You're not the only one. There was one steward that stood motionless with their arms out as Rangers fans ran past them on to the pitch. The steward made no attempt to stop them whatsoever and just stood like a scarecrow with their arms out. To be fair though I wouldn't touch a hun for any amount of money, far less for what the stewards get.

18Hibee75
08-05-2017, 11:25 AM
You're not the only one. There was one steward that stood motionless with their arms out as Rangers fans ran past them on to the pitch. The steward made no attempt to stop them whatsoever and just stood like a scarecrow with their arms out. To be fair though I wouldn't touch a hun for any amount of money, far less for what the stewards get.
Yeah thats the one 😂 couldn't believe it.

andrew70
08-05-2017, 11:27 AM
It was described as an outpouring of relief on tv last night, 114 years of relief happened last May yet we were all tarnished with the mud that the Huns threw on us. Guaranteed this will be ignored whilst good Hibees are pulled through the courts for, in the main, no reason.

FWIW I have no issue with pitch invasions done in celebratory circumstances but the double standards, whilst not unexpected, is incredible. They are allowed to do what they want, whenever they want.

Governing the game and disgracing the game since 1873(2). Horrible ****bags.

silverhibee
08-05-2017, 11:59 AM
It was described as an outpouring of relief on tv last night, 114 years of relief happened last May yet we were all tarnished with the mud that the Huns threw on us. Guaranteed this will be ignored whilst good Hibees are pulled through the courts for, in the main, no reason.

FWIW I have no issue with pitch invasions done in celebratory circumstances but the double standards, whilst not unexpected, is incredible. They are allowed to do what they want, whenever they want.

Governing the game and disgracing the game since 1873(2). Horrible ****bags.

Scottish media running with the story of the steward and basically taking the piss out of him because as he stands there on his own with arms outstretched trying to stop the Rangers fans trying to run on to pitch, the guy must have been bricking it and why should he get involved when he is on his own.

Partick should sue Scottish Police for not doing there job properly, I'm sure clubs in Scotland pay SP a fair bit to prevent this kind of stuff from happening yet when it does they seem to be nowhere to be seen.

I wonder how many folk were arrested at the game yesterday, probably none no doubt.

sleeping giant
08-05-2017, 12:04 PM
https://www.facebook.com/scottishfootballawayfans/videos/691054564437750/

I cannot believe what I just read .
They are justifying it as it was an injury time winner.
Do they have no memory :greengrin

Deary deary me.

SirDavidsNapper
08-05-2017, 12:10 PM
Not even worth getting frustrated about it. Their bitter, moronic fans will never change and the Glasgow media will always protect them. Let them enjoy the bus parade.

tamig
08-05-2017, 12:18 PM
Scottish media running with the story of the steward and basically taking the piss out of him because as he stands there on his own with arms outstretched trying to stop the Rangers fans trying to run on to pitch, the guy must have been bricking it and why should he get involved when he is on his own.

Partick should sue Scottish Police for not doing there job properly, I'm sure clubs in Scotland pay SP a fair bit to prevent this kind of stuff from happening yet when it does they seem to be nowhere to be seen.

I wonder how many folk were arrested at the game yesterday, probably none no doubt.
I didn't watch the whole game but saw the last few minutes. Were there actually police at the game? I know quite a few clubs only use stewards now but I'd be surprised if any hun game was allowed to take place without any police presence.

matty_f
08-05-2017, 12:23 PM
Remember that none of the The Rangers fans crossed the halfway line (remember that pitch invasion rule that was invented right after our pitch invasion?), therefore they can hardly be expected to receive criticism for their pitch invasion. Also, the importance of that goal - it meant that they had not dropped points to Partick Thistle ALL SEASON. How many teams can say that, eh? It was a first for them, so I'm not sure we should sit here all smugly and dismiss that particular achievement...

Oscar T Grouch
08-05-2017, 12:40 PM
I cannot believe what I just read .
They are justifying it as it was an injury time winner.
Do they have no memory :greengrin

Deary deary me.

Lets not forget we had the good grace to wait until the full time whistle before invading the field of play, they didn't yesterday. I am sure it will all come out in the Police Scotland investigation :wink:

silverhibee
08-05-2017, 12:48 PM
I didn't watch the whole game but saw the last few minutes. Were there actually police at the game? I know quite a few clubs only use stewards now but I'd be surprised if any hun game was allowed to take place without any police presence.

There was Police in attendance at the game, you could see them standing at the right hand corner of the stand during the game, I'll take a wee guess and say that they had left the ground with only a few minutes left to deal with the supporters when they left the ground and have been caught out again, I await the mugshots to be splattered all over the media of the fans that ran on to the pitch and assaulted a steward, or maybe not. :rolleyes:

tamig
08-05-2017, 12:56 PM
There was Police in attendance at the game, you could see them standing at the right hand corner of the stand during the game, I'll take a wee guess and say that they had left the ground with only a few minutes left to deal with the supporters when they left the ground and have been caught out again, I await the mugshots to be splattered all over the media of the fans that ran on to the pitch and assaulted a steward, or maybe not. :rolleyes:
Crazy stuff. And an absolute scandal as to how the media can change their tune depending on who's involved. Ridiculous.

Is It On....
08-05-2017, 01:12 PM
What was telling was the fact that they went so mental over a win against Partick Thistle, even if it was with a last minute goal ..... changed days eh :greengrin

"Getting on the pitch because of a winner against Partick thistle is f#cking embarrassing man" 😂

rodhibs55
08-05-2017, 01:24 PM

There WERE police at the game however they had been re-deployed to potential flash points after the equaliser was scored and couldn't get back into the stadium.

Fuzzywuzzy
08-05-2017, 02:46 PM
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/307092-getting-slagged-off-for-celebrating-a-last-minute-winner/

Trying to justify it.....😂

danhibees1875
08-05-2017, 04:47 PM

That is exactly what they're meant to do. They're not licensed, or paid, to stop anyone physically - they've to put their arms out and try to discourage any others from getting on the pitch. Those with SIA license (black jackets) have to deal with the intruders.

TelaStella
08-05-2017, 05:00 PM
no matter what you think of Sutton his post match comments yesterday were spot on. the scenes yesterday sum up perfectly the overwhelming drop that stinking club has taken over the years. its one thing to celebrate a last minute winner but that's just embarrassing, long may it continue:aok::bye:

Ronniekirk
08-05-2017, 05:07 PM
I have not read anything, only stating that someone told me that the The Rangers fans had invaded the pitch at Firhill, when they scored in extra time against Partick Thistle. did any of their fans assault Partick players? is it all on camera? were there any arrests? did they have horses on the park, and basically will anything come of this with the media providing some information as to the thuggery that was obviously involved?

Probably the last excitement they will get fir a while so they milked it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
08-05-2017, 05:11 PM
After seeing first hand the absolute ecstasy of winning a big game with a stonking header very late on every follower of the thes must have been desperate for their moment in the limelight in similar circumstances.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Onion
08-05-2017, 05:12 PM
The BBC as ever were even handed in their approach on last nights Sportscene, last year Chick Dung described our fans attacking Sevco players with a belt and punching them right in front of him when our fans went on at Hampden, last night bellend Sutherland described the same reaction to a last minute winning goal in Glasgow as 'exuberance', I wonder where he learned a word like that ? The bias and denial of anything remotely resembling facts at the BBC in Glasgow is breathtaking !!

The lack of consistency in dealing with issues like this send a green light to other supporters to do much the same in future. I can see dozens of Hibs nutters now invading the pitch when we score against Sevco next season, just to wind them up, with real risk of trouble.

The SFA have made their bed when it comes to Sevco. They have had numerous opportunities to clamp down on their violent, thuggish, bigoted yobs but instead hide behind the police and their desks.

Slavoj Zizek
08-05-2017, 05:23 PM
Pissed up football fans invade pitch in weegie end of season soccer game shocker. Front page all round. Just as well these sweetie wives were not @ Forest yesterday afternoon. :rolleyes: #prawnsandwich

RoscoHibby
08-05-2017, 07:38 PM
This is amazing 😂😂, apologies if posted elsewhere

https://mobile.twitter.com/Arsene_Parcelie/status/861511156493582336/video/1

Sir David Gray
08-05-2017, 08:45 PM
I think yesterday's scenes prove just how far they have fallen.

They get a last minute winner against Partick Thistle to wrap up 3rd place in the league ahead of side that struggles to get 4000 through the gates for home games.

I can't wait to play these pricks next season, bring them on.

Haymaker
09-05-2017, 01:51 AM
I think yesterday's scenes prove just how far they have fallen.

They get a last minute winner against Partick Thistle to wrap up 3rd place in the league ahead of side that struggles to get 4000 through the gates for home games.

I can't wait to play these pricks next season, bring them on.

It's going to be grand. 'Lee Wallace is a grass' and the Haliday song being belted out will be great. The seethe.

SirDavidsNapper
09-05-2017, 07:54 AM
It's going to be grand. 'Lee Wallace is a grass' and the Haliday song being belted out will be great. The seethe.

Don't forget fannys hat