PDA

View Full Version : Ambrose Staying?

Speedway
07-05-2017, 09:59 PM
Positive noises being made by the player.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/05/07/efe-ambrose-discuss-future-celtic-boss-brendan-rodgers-confirms-consider-hibs-return/

Lofarl
07-05-2017, 10:23 PM
His wages would be an issue I imagine.

Unseen work
07-05-2017, 10:27 PM
Something has got to give with the defenders we could potentially have next season

Gray
Whittikar
Donaldson

Mcgregor
Hanlon
Efe
Forster
Fontaine
Mclean
Porteous

Stevenson
Crane
Mackie

All have supposedly been offered new contracts/ are under contract or are strongly linked with us.

I understand that some of the younger guys named will be Dev squad/ out on loan but that is some amount of defenders we have. Especially centrally and I can't imagine Paul Or Darren wanting to play a smaller role if Efe signs.

Sir David Gray
07-05-2017, 10:36 PM
I would love to see him back next season but I can't see us being able to afford his wages.

SMAXXA
07-05-2017, 10:38 PM
Can see fonts leaving us and McLean

Jack
07-05-2017, 11:22 PM
If he's considering a Hibs return he'll be aware of what we are likely to be able to pay him.

He still said it so wages can't be that much of a problem to him.

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2017, 06:22 AM
If Efe Ambrose was to sign for us, he'd be a fantastic signing and as much as some people wouldn't like it, he's better than any of the centre halves we currently have.

He'd be the first name on the team sheet in my opinion, i wonder what formation we'd play if he did sign?

Kaff
08-05-2017, 06:26 AM
I said on another thread that any excess money we have generated above our budget (surely must have with the ticket sales alone?) then we are in a position to pay someone like Ambrose a decent signing on fee to compensate for a lower weekly wage, similarly if we can identify a young player who would fit into our usual wage range then a reasonable transfer fee would be manageable you would hope.

hibsbollah
08-05-2017, 06:27 AM
If Efe Ambrose was to sign for us, he'd be a fantastic signing and as much as some people wouldn't like it, he's better than any of the centre halves we currently have.

He'd be the first name on the team sheet in my opinion, i wonder what formation we'd play if he did sign?

With three good CBs it'd be screaming out for a 352, which would raise the eternal question about whether Lewis and Gray can fit into that system.

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2017, 06:30 AM
With three good CBs it'd be screaming out for a 352, which would raise the eternal question about whether Lewis and Gray can fit into that system.

:agree: Which perhaps is why we are rumoured to be after Whittaker?

hibsbollah
08-05-2017, 06:49 AM
:agree: Which perhaps is why we are rumoured to be after Whittaker?

Change at those positions wouldn't bother me at all. I'm not sure what the future holds for Gray (apart from all time legend god head figure)... Lewis has been left back so long it's easy to forget his best position was always centre mid...id Imagine Lennon will be looking at new ways of using everybody.

calumhibee1
08-05-2017, 08:18 AM
Something has got to give with the defenders we could potentially have next season

Gray
Whittikar
Donaldson

Mcgregor
Hanlon
Efe
Forster
Fontaine
Mclean
Porteous

Stevenson
Crane
Mackie

All have supposedly been offered new contracts/ are under contract or are strongly linked with us.

I understand that some of the younger guys named will be Dev squad/ out on loan but that is some amount of defenders we have. Especially centrally and I can't imagine Paul Or Darren wanting to play a smaller role if Efe signs.

I'd think from that list Donaldson, Porteous and Mackie will be sent out on loan and Fonts and McLean would be let go if we sign Efe. Possibly even Forster with another defender coming in. Maybe Lennon sees Efe as a RB when Hanlon is fit and we won't go for Whittaker?

Brightside
08-05-2017, 08:24 AM

Gray
Whittikar
Donaldson

Mcgregor
Hanlon
Efe
Forster
Fontaine
Mclean
Porteous

Stevenson
Crane
Mackie

IF we sign Efe...i would think we will go back 3 in most games. Paul, Daz, Efe. I can't see Mclean staying. Fontaine and Forster may go. Proteous prob another loan deal.