PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere

GreenNWhiteArmy
07-05-2017, 07:13 PM
All the plaudits have gone to the players, staff etc but I feel an extra round of applause should go to the guys in section 43. The drummer and his crew have been phenomenal this season and really got the stadium bouncing at times.

Not sure if you are the guys that have made up the songs but we have an excellent back catalogue right now.

Thanks for playing your part in making easter road an enjoyable day out

scooby
07-05-2017, 07:23 PM
All the plaudits have gone to the players, staff etc but I feel an extra round of applause should go to the guys in section 43. The drummer and his crew have been phenomenal this season and really got the stadium bouncing at times.

Not sure if you are the guys that have made up the songs but we have an excellent back catalogue right now.

Thanks for playing for part in making easter road an enjoyable day out

Well said, some of the away games have been an amazing atmosphere this season too, particularly the two evening games in Dundee when it was sticks only!

Bishop Hibee
07-05-2017, 07:29 PM
Atmosphere has been good especially considering some of the boring draws we've had to watch. I hope moving the singing section to the FF Upper works.

Borderhibbie76
07-05-2017, 08:44 PM
Well said, some of the away games have been an amazing atmosphere this season too, particularly the two evening games in Dundee when it was sticks only!
Both the Fri night games at Tannadice were pretty special atmosphere wise....1st game of season away at Falkirk was bouncing too...all without the drum. Well done that signing section 👏👏👏...meanwhile across the city at the pink library 😴😴😴

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

scooby
07-05-2017, 09:06 PM
Both the Fri night games at Tannadice were pretty special atmosphere wise....1st game of season away at Falkirk was bouncing too...all without the drum. Well done that signing section 👏👏👏...meanwhile across the city at the pink library 😴😴😴

Aye, it's awfy quiet in gorgie. Ssssshhhhh

SirDavidsNapper
07-05-2017, 09:18 PM

Only noise you hear out of the library these are boos

monktonharp
08-05-2017, 01:13 AM
I mentioned this on another thread a few days ago.full marks to the young team wi' the drum etc. I also noted a fair section of younger guys approx. 24 years old at gorgie, and twice at D.utd games that have separately made some serious noise which encouraged aulder goats like me to sing!! been brilliant over the last couple of seasons.:gwa2:

Big90inOz
08-05-2017, 02:43 AM
I think the guys have done a really good job in getting the atmosphere going.

I'm surprised we have a singing section, what about "travel branch sections". When I travelled many years ago the majority of the songs were made up on the buses ( no Blakey Jokes), you then met up with the other buses in a club / pub / ground and songs were sung and shared with the good ones taking off and the bad ones instantly forgotten about :greengrin . Would it make sense to group the different travel branches through the stands ? These guys start the singing and hopefully the supporters between the groups join in so instead of coming from a single section. I'm sure their would be a competitive edge to the singing between the different branches :agree:

HFCdeb
08-05-2017, 05:45 AM
Agreed.
A Jambo I know is gutted because his wee laddie has asked him to stop taking him to Tynecastle because it's "boring". I don't think young kids will have felt that way at ER this season with the young team making nearly every game a party. Hope it continues for many many years to come. Keep up the good work.

CorrieHibs
08-05-2017, 07:49 AM
I listened to the hearts match on the radio for a bit and Richard Gordon was saying; what an incredible atmosphere it will be in tynecastle like it always is!!!

It's an absolute myth. No idea why the media keep saying it. Even my hearts mates who have ST's say it's boring.

Jpdhfc
08-05-2017, 07:55 AM
I have an older jambo friend who went to the first tynie game in the first division ,
Had not been for years thought he was going to rub the result in ,all he talked about was how noisy the hibs fans were.

Sean1875
08-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Agreed. Theyll definitely be missed in the East next season - the half time party against Hearts will definitely live long in the memory :flag:

Radium
08-05-2017, 09:46 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170508/2b54f419ec70502a7276e159a6919f69.jpg

As someone who is in row BB I have not been close to the singing section at most games but agree they have been brilliant.

However having got tickets for SC I found myself holding a corner on this banner. [emoji3]

Credit to the drummer and entourage who were brilliant all game.

I also learnt the words to a new song...

1,2,3,4 ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
08-05-2017, 11:11 AM
What a difference the young lads have made ..... after years of watching the atmosphere deteriorate they have revived it to a level not seen since the old east was in place.

The FF stand is full of young kids who are stuck there because of the cheap tickets, which obviously means their parents who might otherwise have been east standers have to go to the FF as well ..... I think that what we will see next season isn't a group of 200 up in the corner singing in isolation but a whole stand galvanised by having them there joining in.

If I'm right about that the more enclosed nature of the FF as compared to the east could mean we end up with an atmosphere at ER that reaches a whole new level :thumbsup:

On a side note ...... after spending years in the FF watching Hibs scorers ignoring us as they rush to celebrate in front of the east it will be nice to see a few players celebrating a goal at my part of the stadium for a change :na na: