PDA

View Full Version : Empty seats.

vuefrom1875
07-05-2017, 01:22 PM
Although it was a sell out yesterday couldn't fail to see the amount of seats empty in the East stand and there was LOTS AND LOTS of them. I guess the majority of them were S.T.holders unable to attend.Think the club should express how important it is to s.t.holders if they can't make it to contact and release the seat.

RIP
07-05-2017, 01:24 PM
Although it was a sell out yesterday couldn't fail to see the amount of seats empty in the East stand and there was LOTS AND LOTS of them. I guess the majority of them were S.T.holders unable to attend.Think the club should express how important it is to s.t.holders if they can't make it to contact and release the seat.

That would be a great sales idea.

To deliver...
07-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Perhaps the club could offer an incentive if they release their season ticket and the seat gets sold? £5 towards an away ticket or the likes?

Fuzzywuzzy
07-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Had about four or five behind me empty until the second half when folk moved in

vuefrom1875
07-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Perhaps the club could offer an incentive if they release their season ticket and the seat gets sold? £5 towards an away ticket or the likes?

Great idea. Better using a 'TAKEN'seat than have it empty.

danhibees1875
07-05-2017, 01:57 PM

I like this idea. It's annoying being a season ticket holder and missing a couple games as you'd be better off paying as you go.

Even just £1/2 per game you can't attend (as I appreciate the club can't always sell the seat again) added to your account for away/cup games would be quite a nice gesture.

madabouthibs
07-05-2017, 03:05 PM
Or, if they're able to resell your vacant seat give you a tenner. If not,you get nowt. 😁
I had 4 seats behind me empty in the upper West. Quite strange I thought, as they were right at the gable end, seats 1 to 4. Not a place I would want a ST to be honest, but each to their own. ;-)

ColinNish
07-05-2017, 03:06 PM

One at either side of me, one belonging to my mate that couldn't make it. Fair enjoyed using the seat to stick my jumper and jacket on. 😎

Keith_M
07-05-2017, 03:08 PM
No big deal, surely. Hibs have already received money for every seat.

Scouse Hibee
07-05-2017, 03:17 PM
Or, if they're able to resell your vacant seat give you a tenner. If not,you get nowt. 😁
I had 4 seats behind me empty in the upper West. Quite strange I thought, as they were right at the gable end, seats 1 to 4. Not a place I would want a ST to be honest, but each to their own. ;-)

Surely they are not ST's? Terrible seats you can't see the away support either.

Eyrie
07-05-2017, 03:18 PM
There were a few empty seats in the Hibs section of the South, which was more surprising than the gaps in the East.

madabouthibs
07-05-2017, 03:19 PM
Surely they are not ST's? Terrible seats you can't see the away support either.

I wouldn't have thought so, but with that section being a sell out that would mean someone's bought 4 tickets and not turned up.

Thecat23
07-05-2017, 03:23 PM
The amount of empty seats in the FF since the start of the season for me shows the amount who may have bought a kids ticket and when Hibs then came out that tickets will be checked they have **** themselves and not gone.

Hibbyradge
07-05-2017, 03:25 PM
I agree that people should make their seats available if they can't attend, but the club could only offer a partial rebate for those unused seasons if all the home seats were sold out.

That's only happened once since the AEK Athens game, iirc, so it's not worth the hassle.

If we ever get to the stage that tickets are regularly sold out, then it might be worth considering.

Andy74
07-05-2017, 04:22 PM
The amount of empty seats in the FF since the start of the season for me shows the amount who may have bought a kids ticket and when Hibs then came out that tickets will be checked they have **** themselves and not gone.

Or folk have bought their kids tickets but the kids don't or can't go every week. They are cheap enough to do that just to have when needed.

My daughter uses hers about 4 or 5 times a season. It's a seat bought and paid for though.

Cammy
07-05-2017, 04:33 PM

I think the empty seats, particularly in the north section of the east, are fans that pay for a seat there and stand in the singing section instead. The singing section was jammed and the steward could hardly get up the stair at the top. Seen this on a number of occasions when the East has been sold out.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-05-2017, 05:32 PM

Loads of empty seats all around, including in the section where I was (end section of West Lower) I know for fact these aren't season ticket holders seats, I just don't think it credible that this amount of people bought tickets then didn't turn up. Something doesn't add up at all, considering every ticket was supposedly sold, and I know of people who looked for tickets at last minute & couldn't get in.

theonlywayisup
07-05-2017, 05:34 PM
I think the empty seats, particularly in the north section of the east, are fans that pay for a seat there and stand in the singing section instead. The singing section was jammed and the steward could hardly get up the stair at the top. Seen this on a number of occasions when the East has been sold out.

Also, there was loads of people standing at the top of the East Stand. Probably bought a ticket then realised that they were sitting beside characters like MWHIBBES.

:duck:

Only joking, of course :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
07-05-2017, 05:40 PM
I'm sceptical that empty seats are all down to non-attending ST holders.

I buy my tickets online and there are often only a few dots here and there in the East. However when you turn up there are often blocks of eight or ten seats in a row unused. I would be surprised if they were all ST seats and I suspect, as has been suggested previously, that the ticketing system doesn't work properly.

Fuzzywuzzy
07-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Or folk have bought their kids tickets but the kids don't or can't go every week. They are cheap enough to do that just to have when needed.

My daughter uses hers about 4 or 5 times a season. It's a seat bought and paid for though.

My laddies missed a few and I've updated his to an adult ticket and gone with a mate. Always knew he wouldn't want to go to every game. Well aware that when his brothers old enough may not be able to get seats in the ff lower

jgl07
07-05-2017, 06:26 PM
It wouldn't make a lot of financial sense for Hibs. Why re-sell someone's season tickets when they could sell another seat?

It would only work in the event of a full sell-out. That is very rare at Easter Road.

Manchester City have a ticket exchange. You can put any match season ticket on the exchange. The club will then put it on the planner. If it sells you get 1/19 of your season ticket cost back in the form of a reduction in the renewal price next season.

It will be worth considering if the ground is near to being sold out regularly.

But then again, Hibs could always take over half of the South Stand or fill in the corners?

Nakedmanoncrack
07-05-2017, 06:28 PM

I buy my tickets online and there are often only a few dots here and there in the East. However when you turn up there are often blocks of eight or ten seats in a row unused. I would be surprised if they were all ST seats and I suspect, as has been suggested previously, that the ticketing system doesn't work properly.

I agree.

Johnny Clash
07-05-2017, 07:44 PM
I phoned the ticket office on Friday to say my two sons (ST holders) could no longer make the game so they released the two seats in the East back into the system. Two lads then bought tickets for those seats. The main thing for us was not seeing those seats empty.

vuefrom1875
07-05-2017, 09:11 PM
I phoned the ticket office on Friday to say my two sons (ST holders) could no longer make the game so they released the two seats in the East back into the system. Two lads then bought tickets for those seats. The main thing for us was not seeing those seats empty.

Spot on.

Speedy
07-05-2017, 09:31 PM

There are some comp tickets, could be that.

hibbychick1
07-05-2017, 09:43 PM

Well done! I honestly didn't think of doing that with mine. I had to step up and accompany my daughter's school group for Duke of Edinburgh or it wouldn't have gone ahead.
I buy a season ticket to support the club, but my life at the moment doesn't allow me to attend very often at all. I will do as you did in future.

Seveno
08-05-2017, 02:52 PM
It needs an electronic means of notifying that you will not need a seat. Just to make it easier for people.