PDA

View Full Version : East is Less

Johnny Clash
07-05-2017, 07:26 AM
Didn't realise we get 700 less tickets at Hampden because we are allocated the Hibs end (East)

SFA spokesperson commenting on Celtic's complaint that they will get 700 less tickets than Aberdeen. Fans:

"It should also be noted that one of the reasons Celtic will potentially receive fewer tickets than Aberdeen is that the East Stand, Celtic’s preferred stand for Scottish Cup matches at the National Stadium, contains fewer seats than the West Stand,” he continued.

BoomtownHibees
07-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Didn't realise we get 700 less tickets at Hampden because we are allocated the Hibs RBS (East)

SFA spokesperson commenting on Celtic's complaint that they will get 700 less tickets than Aberdeen. Fans:

"It should also be noted that one of the reasons Celtic will potentially receive fewer tickets than Aberdeen is that the East Stand, Celtic’s preferred stand for Scottish Cup matches at the National Stadium, contains fewer seats than the West Stand,” he continued.

Shocking statement from the SFA. In one sentence they say it is a 50/50 split then go on to say Celtc will receive less tickets because of their "preferred" end. How can anybody have a preferred end in what is an apparent neutral stadium?

Michael
07-05-2017, 07:42 AM
Well if that's the way the stadium is designed then someone has to miss out.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-05-2017, 07:48 AM
Not sure about the amount of tickets actually released once the corporates and debentures are taken off but 700 can only be at best a three percent difference? Does that really matter? Have to say that the OF complaining about ticket splits is part and parcel of the cup final run up. Bit odd why the split always seems fair enough when Celtc play The Rangers. Maybe we have all forgotten that everyone in the SFA is against Celtc as part of the general conspiracy.

Ozyhibby
07-05-2017, 07:55 AM
Not sure about the amount of tickets actually released once the corporates and debentures are taken off but 700 can only be at best a three percent difference? Does that really matter? Have to say that the OF complaining about ticket splits is part and parcel of the cup final run up. Bit odd why the split always seems fair enough when Celtc play The Rangers. Maybe we have all forgotten that everyone in the SFA is against Celtc as part of the general conspiracy.

To be fair, events since 2012 have exposed the SFA as having a bias tie at any club playing at Ibrox. And looks like it's still happening with the award of a UEFA licence for Sevco despite them not meeting FFP standards.
Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onion
07-05-2017, 08:02 AM
Shocking statement from the SFA. In one sentence they say it is a 50/50 split then go on to say Celtc will receive less tickets because of their "preferred" end. How can anybody have a preferred end in what is an apparent neutral stadium?

:top marks Thought teams were simply allocated ends by the SFA, who must have known all along that the East allocation is smaller than the West ? Just astonished it has take Celtic this long to find out.

SFA must have been waiting for the day when they got found out for their 50/50 lies, but then again this is a body who were publicly accused of being evasive and lying by the Scottish Government !

DarlingtonHibee
07-05-2017, 09:02 AM
Tell you what give them all the tickets £300m for Dembele, and they can have John for 50p. What a moaning bunch of twats

O'Rourke3
07-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Celtihc well aware of the numbers and the splits. They are also well aware that they'll have nearly 100% of the hospitality and the Debentures. It's the usual end of season sabre rattling to appease the great unwashed. They'll have around 40,00o ST holders and access to 25000 seats roughly. Celtic being a business will cyphon off a few thousand for their own hospitality as well making an already oversubscribed demand worse.
I'm now waiting for the "Ah but we've got more ST holders and therfore putting more money into football" argument when a ST at Darkheid is simply a guarantee of a ticket there and nowhere else.

Sir David Gray
07-05-2017, 11:10 AM
Good.

Anything that pisses off fans of Celtic is good for me.

sleeping giant
07-05-2017, 11:13 AM
Hope Aberdeen pump them.

Can't see It though

Keith_M
07-05-2017, 11:18 AM
This is just another made up controversy to appeal to their fans sense of victimisation.

As another poster already stated, how many clubs are consider to have an end of the National Stadium they feel is rightly theirs, and how much more ridiculous is that the SFA seem to recognize it as their 'end'.

Col2
07-05-2017, 11:20 AM
Hope Aberdeen pump them.

Can't see It though

I don't. Can't stand Aberdeen and the likes of Richard Gordon, Willie Miller and the BBC commentator bloke. Celtic winning another trophy means nothing given there domination. It's will be 27 years since Sheep have won it.

DarlingtonHibee
07-05-2017, 11:24 AM
I do, I hope the sheep pump them. They will be even more unbearable than normal.

SirDavidsNapper
07-05-2017, 11:43 AM
If Celtic are unhappy they could have requested the other end of Hampden but no, they have their own end. Absolute corrupt joke and now we've won the Scottish Cup there the sooner it is demolished and a proper "neutral" stadium built in the heart of the country the better.

givescotlandfreedom
07-05-2017, 11:43 AM
Celtc having a 'preferred end' shows everything that's wrong with our game. What happens if Aberdeen say they'd prefer that?

07-05-2017, 11:45 AM
Celtic just moan moan and ****ing moan don't they. They love a good victim "poor us" story so they do.

Jack Hackett
07-05-2017, 11:49 AM
Celtc having a 'preferred end' shows everything that's wrong with our game. What happens if Aberdeen say they'd prefer that?

Aberdeen do not play in Glasgow and are consequently irrelevant to the GFA.

Eyrie
07-05-2017, 12:03 PM
The only bit I found odd was the Celtc claim that "the initial split of tickets means we will receive slightly less tickets than we did for the recent semi-final tie against Rangers". I'd have thought that the same split would have been applied this time round.

That said, anything that upsets either ugly sister is a good thing.

Pete70
07-05-2017, 12:06 PM
So if the East stand is smaller, does that mean for last seasons Cup final we received 700 fewer tickets than sevco after a "50/50" split?
Can we put in a retrospective complaint?

marinello59
07-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Didn't realise we get 700 less tickets at Hampden because we are allocated the Hibs RBS (East)

They may have a preferred stand but there is no way they should still be automatically getting it. Apparently it's because they have so much history there and their fans feel more comfortable in the East. That's an argument for designating one end Home and one end Away for me and you take the end the draw gives you. It's not their ground, the SFA shouldn't still be pandering to them.

Sir David Gray
07-05-2017, 01:03 PM

It's an absolute joke that Hampden has a Rangers end and a Celtic end. It's pathetic.

seanshow
07-05-2017, 01:13 PM
So if the East stand is smaller, does that mean for last seasons Cup final we received 700 fewer tickets than sevco after a "50/50" split?
Can we put in a retrospective complaint?

Yes the upper tier above the main stand at hampden Rangers had a few extra sections up there, and the oppostite side they had most of the posh seats above the Hibs fans which didn't go down well

............they were quiet at the end though. :greengrin

ancient hibee
07-05-2017, 02:02 PM
As well as having their "traditional"ends the OF also have their "traditional" dressing rooms and will only line up in the tunnel nearest to their "end". This has gone on since before Hampden was redeveloped.The clubs insist on it so it's ridiculous for Celtic to complain.They're pathetic.

07-05-2017, 02:03 PM
I do think it's strange that the split isn't 50-50. Who cares what end they're at.

ancient hibee
07-05-2017, 02:12 PM
They do.

Johnny Clash
07-05-2017, 03:56 PM
They may have a preferred stand but there is no way they should still be automatically getting it. Apparently it's because they have so much history there and their fans feel more comfortable in the East. That's an argument for designating one end Home and one end Away for me and you take the end the draw gives you. It's not their ground, the SFA shouldn't still be pandering to them.

Thats what I was thinking.

Im presuming the first team to qualify goes down as the 'home' team so they should get the choice of what end they get. Or maybe even decide with the toss of a coin? We would then have a dilemma. Do we go for 700 less tickets in order to keep the Sir David Gray corner??