PDA

View Full Version : St mirren fans

gjb1875
06-05-2017, 06:52 PM
Thought they were brilliant today really backed there team, good numbers and very noisy well done to them and well done the hibs fans for clapping them off the park
Hibs class

SirDavidsNapper
06-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Excellent today. Loudest fans I've heard at ER for a while. Our pink chums across the city could take a leaf out their book. Fair play to the ones that stayed for the presentation and SOL. Hope they come up next season.

06-05-2017, 06:57 PM
Brilliant support from them today. Good numbers and plenty singing and atmosphere. Fair play to them.

Always have a wee admiration for fans of St Mirren, Partick Thsitle etc for supporting their club and not taken the easy option and been swayed to go and support one of the bigot brothers.

06-05-2017, 06:59 PM
Excellent today. Loudest fans I've heard at ER for a while. Our pink chums across the city could take a leaf out their book. Fair play to the ones that stayed for the presentation and SOL. Hope they come up next season.

Oh god without a doubt they had more songs and made more noise than the so called "big team"! Christ you could have heard a pin drop in their end when they came to ER a few months back. Embarrassing support especially in what was their biggets game of the season!

Hibs Class
06-05-2017, 06:59 PM
:agree: Best away support at ER this season

pontius pilate
06-05-2017, 07:02 PM
Class supporters stayed to the end and what a noise. Constantly backed their team. Credit to them.

GGTTH

SirDavidsNapper
06-05-2017, 07:02 PM
Oh god without a doubt they had more songs and made more noise than the so called "big team"! Christ you could have heard a pin drop in their end when they came to ER a few months back. Embarrassing support especially in what was their biggets game of the season!

This

Waxy
06-05-2017, 07:04 PM
Yes best away support i've seen in a very long time.Though imagine if brondby fans had filled the same area? Nightmare.

iwasthere1972
06-05-2017, 07:06 PM
Thought they were brilliant today really backed there team, good numbers and very noisy well done to them and well done the hibs fans for clapping them off the park
Hibs class

Full marks to them today. Some were even videoing Sunshine on Leith at the end.

AFKA5814_Hibs
06-05-2017, 07:08 PM
They were loud cause they had a reason for; btw a Hibs win and they'd have finished bottom 2, bet they wouldn't have been as vocal otherwise. As an aside I'm glad they survived.

OsloHibs
06-05-2017, 07:18 PM
They were so loud online. They came for a party, and had one- Well Done them!

stoneyburn hibs
06-05-2017, 07:23 PM
Great support from the Saints fans. Nice touch that they stayed for the presentation, also nice touch from the West standers applauding the St Mirren players off the park , which was appreciated by them.

Famous Fiver
06-05-2017, 07:26 PM
If there is a St Mirren fan who says that today was not the best day of their season they are lying.

They turned up in numbers, sang their hearts out, dragged there team back into it, and quite rightly enjoyed the celebrations at the end.

Remember that was the championship. Full house, 19,700 odd fans, great atmosphere, everyone went home happy. Best away support at ER by miles. Will we get an atmosphere every week like that in the Premier League? No chance.

Every one of them could take the easy way out and follow the bigot brothers.

Heard them singing 'When the Saints go marching in' at ER in the mid fifties. Great to hear them still singing it today.

I take my hat off to every one of them.

oneone73
06-05-2017, 07:29 PM
If there is a St Mirren fan who says that today was not the best day of their season they are lying.

They turned up in numbers, sang their hearts out, dragged there team back into it, and quite rightly enjoyed the celebrations at the end.

Remember that was the championship. Full house, 19,700 odd fans, great atmosphere, everyone went home happy. Best away support at ER by miles. Will we get an atmosphere every week like that in the Premier League? No chance.

Heard them singing 'When the Saints go marching in' at ER in the mid fifties. Great to hear them still singing it today.

Nice post mate

Pretty Boy
06-05-2017, 07:36 PM
Always quite liked St Mirren especially after they helped continue Hearts LC hoodoo relatively recently.

As I've always said when you get games that matter Scottish football attracts numbers. St Mirren brought a good crowd who were loud throughout, they got the result they needed, earned their applause from the Hibs fans and a decent number of them returned the favour.

Good luck to them next season.

Since90+2
06-05-2017, 07:36 PM
Good support. Better than dundee utd and Falkirk.

hibee_girl
06-05-2017, 07:38 PM
Great support from the Saints fans. Nice touch that they stayed for the presentation, also nice touch from the West standers applauding the St Mirren players off the park , which was appreciated by them.

We were clapping them in the East too! :greengrin

I'm glad they stayed up, a run like that deserves to have a good ending.

Pete
06-05-2017, 07:51 PM
St. Liedown

:tee hee:

06-05-2017, 07:52 PM
St. Liedown

I love when the yams call them that! They seem to forget that hearts had their destiny in their own hands, they only needed a point i think.

Pretty Boy
06-05-2017, 07:53 PM
St. Liedown

Only for their beloved Celtic.

They gave the Famous a jolly good thrashing in the wee (can't win it) cup final.

iwasthere1972
06-05-2017, 07:53 PM
I love when the yams call them that! They seem to forget that hearts had their destiny in their own hands, they only needed a point i think.

What happened?

Pretty Boy
06-05-2017, 07:59 PM
What happened?

There simply must be video evidence of this event, surely?

06-05-2017, 08:02 PM
What happened?

Not sure, perhaps a wee youtube search will jog our memories though :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
06-05-2017, 08:08 PM
We were clapping them in the East too! :greengrin

I'm glad they stayed up, a run like that deserves to have a good ending.

Nope I'm not believing that the radges in the East applauded them 😁.

matty_f
06-05-2017, 08:10 PM
Good songbook as well, was waiting on them singing "Hibs, Hibs , whoooaah Hibs" and that as well. :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
06-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Good club. Thanks for 86 👍

iwasthere1972
06-05-2017, 08:23 PM
Not sure, perhaps a wee youtube search will jog our memories though :greengrin

I'm on to it. :greengrin

GreenCastle
06-05-2017, 08:24 PM
Best away fans of the season and loudest plus behaved themselves.

Today was a great advert for Scottish football - a full stadium - great weather - 2 sets of fans singing away..ok wasn't a classic game but was fantastic to see plus Hibs fans clapping the efforts of the saints today.

I'm grateful for saints beating the yams in league cup a few years ago plus 86 !!

Strong chance of them getting promoted last next season. Some good players and style of play.

Slim Shady
06-05-2017, 08:35 PM
Sadly like most clubs they have their element of fan dans. I'm not sure how to post the picture I have, it's a half bottle of buckfast that narrowly missed my brothers head and smashed landing on the stairs in west lower having been launched from the south.

****ers. My wife and daughter were paranoid for the rest for first half until stewards arrived, who were first class.

Could've ruined a great family day out.

MWHIBBIES
06-05-2017, 08:35 PM
I'd expect any club in the top 2 divisions to bring a good support when their team really needs it. 3rd time we've played St Mirren this season at Easter Road, only time they've had any fans.

.SeventyFive
06-05-2017, 08:36 PM
They were so loud online. They came for a party, and had one- Well Done them!

I heard their fans celebrate the goal on Great Junction Street!

SolentHibee
06-05-2017, 08:42 PM
Sadly like most clubs they have their element of fan dans. I'm not sure how to post the picture I have, it's a half bottle of buckfast that narrowly missed my brothers head and smashed landing on the stairs in west lower having been launched from the south.

****ers. My wife and daughter were paranoid for the rest for first half until stewards arrived, who were first class.

Could've ruined a great family day out.

Slim, I was about eight rows behind you and saw what happened; the bottle definitely fell out of the pocket of a hibs fan running down the stairs and he just kept on moving. If you think about it, the bottle and its contents were lying in one spot whereas if it had come from the saints fans it would have smashed laterally, spreading the glass and its contents from the point of impact towards you.

S4uzee
06-05-2017, 08:59 PM
They copied at least 4 of our songs 😂

Famous Fiver
06-05-2017, 08:59 PM
I was sitting six feet away from where bottle was. Definitely not thrown. It would have had to clear the wall at the exit to land where it was. The neck was broken off. If it had been lobbed from 30 yards away it would have shattered and done some real damage. Chap next to me saw it drop from guy's pocket on his way downstairs. Perhaps this individual would like to own up to being the proud owner of a half bottle of buckie. Obviously smuggled it past the stewards on the way in. Chap next to me saw it fall from the guy's pocket. Looked unsavoury and while it took the stewards a while to get their act together they did clear it up.

Can't blame the Saints fans for this one I'm afraid.

I've been at many matches over the decades (mostly when our Glaswegian friends are in attendance) where bottles thrown have done some real damage and believe me, today was not one of them.

HFCdeb
06-05-2017, 09:12 PM
They were brilliant today, I'm so chuffed for them that they're staying up...but also hoping we can sign Stevie Mallan, that boy is a talent.

GreenCastle
06-05-2017, 09:12 PM
They copied at least 4 of our songs 😂

That's true..off the top of my head..

Allez allez oh
McGregor song
The song we sing after we score with the drum
John McGinn song

Pete
06-05-2017, 09:20 PM
Slim, I was about eight rows behind you and saw what happened; the bottle definitely fell out of the pocket of a hibs fan running down the stairs and he just kept on moving. If you think about it, the bottle and its contents were lying in one spot whereas if it had come from the saints fans it would have smashed laterally, spreading the glass and its contents from the point of impact towards you.

That's kind of good to hear.

Half a bottle of Buckfast? Must be one of the creepy Jambos who like to attend our matches.

Hibernia&Alba
06-05-2017, 09:25 PM
I'm glad they stayed up; it took them months to win a game, and for a long time their task looked hopeless. They displayed a lot of spirit to get themselves out of it. They've had a very hard time these past few years, so well done to them.

RoscoHibby
06-05-2017, 09:45 PM
In hindsight I'm kinda glad they stayed up and they did bring a decent crowd n made some noise. Did comment at game they've obviously been listening to us too long n have nicked all our songs though! Shameless!

brog
06-05-2017, 09:52 PM

Today was a great advert for Scottish football - a full stadium - great weather - 2 sets of fans singing away..ok wasn't a classic game but was fantastic to see plus Hibs fans clapping the efforts of the saints today.

I'm grateful for saints beating the yams in league cup a few years ago plus 86 !!

Strong chance of them getting promoted last next season. Some good players and style of play.

Ah but armageddon ye ken!

essexhibee
06-05-2017, 10:15 PM
Cool video of saints fans singing SOL in a boozer in Paisley presumable.

https://twitter.com/stmirrenactive/status/860958944793165825

Glad they stayed up. A quality turnout today from their fans and how far adrift they were to now....that is a phenomenal achievement. Deserved a happy ending. Scotland needs teams and crowds like St Mirren today in the top leagues. Looking at Hamilton away fans today it was an utter embarrassment.

Nakedmanoncrack
06-05-2017, 10:25 PM
I was sitting six feet away from where bottle was. Definitely not thrown. It would have had to clear the wall at the exit to land where it was. The neck was broken off. If it had been lobbed from 30 yards away it would have shattered and done some real damage. Chap next to me saw it drop from guy's pocket on his way downstairs. Perhaps this individual would like to own up to being the proud owner of a half bottle of buckie. Obviously smuggled it past the stewards on the way in. Chap next to me saw it fall from the guy's pocket. Looked unsavoury and while it took the stewards a while to get their act together they did clear it up.

Can't blame the Saints fans for this one I'm afraid.

I've been at many matches over the decades (mostly when our Glaswegian friends are in attendance) where bottles thrown have done some real damage and believe me, today was not one of them.

Bottle fell out someone's jacket, he could hardly own up to it.

iwasthere1972
06-05-2017, 10:29 PM

Glad they stayed up. A quality turnout today from their fans and how far adrift they were to now....that is a phenomenal achievement. Deserved a happy ending. Scotland needs teams and crowds like St Mirren today in the top leagues. Looking at Hamilton away fans today it was an utter embarrassment.

:greengrin They all know the words as well.

06-05-2017, 10:43 PM

Before I clicked on the link I thought hang on a second, that's our song but it is actually quite a cool video. How would we feel if they adopted it as an anthem, like Celtic did with Liverpool's You'll Never Walk Alone?

lord bunberry
06-05-2017, 10:48 PM
Before I clicked on the link I thought hang on a second, that's our song but it is actually quite a cool video. How would we feel if they adopted it as an anthem, like Celtic did with Liverpool's You'll Never Walk Alone?

I think they should go for it. They'd have to change the words slightly.
It would always be a song associated with hibs, but it wouldn't bother me if another team adopted it. As long as it wasn't one of the gruesome twosome.

greenlex
06-05-2017, 10:52 PM
:greengrin They all know the words as well.

Looks like they were on the screen karaoke style.

jacomo
06-05-2017, 10:54 PM

It will always be our song. It's in the title. You could change the words but it will always be sunshine on LEITH.

Other fans enjoy it and that's cool but they need to find their own song.

iwasthere1972
06-05-2017, 10:56 PM
It will always be our song. It's in the title. You could change the words but it will always be sunshine on LEITH.

Other fans enjoy it and that's cool but they need to find their own song.

:agree:

They could sing 'You're from the capital, we're from a ****hole'

lord bunberry
06-05-2017, 11:02 PM
How many of you after watching that video watched the sunshine on leith from the final? I did, twice.

iwasthere1972
06-05-2017, 11:10 PM
How many of you after watching that video watched the sunshine on leith from the final? I did, twice.

Me too. Watched it hundreds of times since last May but I've yet to watch the DVD which is lying in my telly cabinet still sealed.

06-05-2017, 11:11 PM
Think it was a bit tongue in cheek because they secured safety in leith. Fair play to them. Lay down to deny Hertz the league then skelped them in the league cup final.

I fancy them to win the league next year. Dundee Utd are all over the shop, ICT aren't going to be great. Maybe Falkirk could push them I suppose but they might be hungover from their wild celebrations after securing 2nd two years in a row.

lord bunberry
06-05-2017, 11:13 PM
Me too. Watched it hundreds of times since last May but I've yet to watch the DVD which is lying in my telly cabinet still sealed.

It's mental that. It took me about 6 months before I could watch it. I still can't explain why, but when I did it made the whole experience of winning the cup complete. You'll get there eventually mate :greengrin

Pete70
06-05-2017, 11:14 PM
All credit to the Saints fan today. Turned up in their numbers and done their club proud. Fair play also to the few hundred who stayed after the final whistle to applaud Hibs lifting the trophy

Albanian Hibs
06-05-2017, 11:24 PM
How many songs did they copy from us?

HibsNutter
06-05-2017, 11:33 PM

It was a cringe, almost our entire songbook. Can we please stop copying Celtic now that we've seen how bad it is?

Is It On....
06-05-2017, 11:55 PM

Didn't realise St Mirren thumped them 6-2 at the start of the season as well 😂.

Brooster
07-05-2017, 12:00 AM
Pathetic. Praising the the away support....who gives a monkeys.

marinello59
07-05-2017, 12:23 AM
Pathetic. Praising the the away support....who gives a monkeys.

Obviously those who applauded them. They can't all be as hard as you though the pathetic wasters. I think you are great though and if you want my dinner money just say.

cheltenhamhibee
07-05-2017, 12:32 AM

Liverpool stole it as well, it was originally sung at Old Trafford after the Munich air disaster

The Pointer
07-05-2017, 12:52 AM

Well said. I congratulated a Saints laddie in Robbies this evening as I thought their support was superb. I live one and a half hours West of Paisley and admire their fans for not submitting to the Ugly Sisters. Paisley Buddies are not Weegies. Well done Sainties and I hope you come up next season.

Pete
07-05-2017, 01:12 AM
Liverpool stole it as well, it was originally sung at Old Trafford after the Munich air disaster

There's no evidence to back this claim up.

lord bunberry
07-05-2017, 01:37 AM
There's no evidence to back this claim up.
I had a look on the net after reading it and there's a few man united fans claiming that there grandparents told them they sung it. I think it's bollocks though as there would be plenty united fans still alive that would be able to back up the claim.

Pete
07-05-2017, 02:30 AM
I had a look on the net after reading it and there's a few man united fans claiming that there grandparents told them they sung it. I think it's bollocks though as there would be plenty united fans still alive that would be able to back up the claim.

Yeah apparently a young opera singer sang it in tribute to the air disaster on one occasion before a match at Old Trafford.

It's kind of like Leicester claiming "time to say goodbye" as their own in 40 years time.

Johnny Clash
07-05-2017, 06:16 AM
It was a cringe, almost our entire songbook. Can we please stop copying Celtic now that we've seen how bad it is?

Its almost impossible to say what fans started what song... so I wouldn't get too worried. All fans recycle songs/tunes.

That's the great thing about Sunshine on Leith. Everyone knows it's a Hibs anthem!

Dunbar Hibee
07-05-2017, 06:38 AM

We didn't exactly make these songs up ourselves did we. Football chants are recycled. Get over it 😂

Hibrandenburg
07-05-2017, 07:09 AM
Obviously those who applauded them. They can't all be as hard as you though the pathetic wasters. I think you are great though and if you want my dinner money just say.

:faf:

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2017, 07:57 AM

:hilarious

murray26
07-05-2017, 10:01 AM

Well done St Mirren fans.. that's what footballs all about..

Scouse Hibee
07-05-2017, 10:12 AM

Haha heard that some granny tried to claim we stole it, desperate. It's Liverpool's anthem and always has been. Of course the song has been sung before in many places but we started it as a football anthem no one else.

My_Wife_Camille
07-05-2017, 10:48 AM
Pish club, pish support imo

Arch Stanton
07-05-2017, 10:51 AM

Pish post imo

SirDavidsNapper
07-05-2017, 10:51 AM

Harsh

bigwheel
07-05-2017, 10:53 AM

Ok Do you wish they all supported Rangers or Celtic instead ??

The only club that is supporter owned without almost going under ...

Not sure what more you expect from a small city club in Scotland

Mind you with that type of post - I guess you just dislike all other clubs and fans

NAE NOOKIE
07-05-2017, 11:05 AM
Yup, best away support at ER this season ..... a third the size of what the Yams brought and 10 times the noise. Its true that St Mirren haven't brought a support anything like that in the last 3 seasons, but when their club needed them they stepped up and that must give St Mirren hope that if they can achieve something other than just survival they will be able to grow their home support.

Good luck to them next season, only another catastrophically stupid decision by their board will stop them challenging if they can hold onto most of their players.

The Spaceman
07-05-2017, 11:22 AM
Have a tiny soft spot for St Mirren - decent wee away day and admire the club's supporters for making their choice when it would be oh so easy for them to support one of the Old Firm. Their fans were brilliant yesterday and the equaliser they scored was brilliant football. Glad they stayed up. :aok:

SirDavidsNapper
07-05-2017, 11:45 AM
Have a tiny soft spot for St Mirren - decent wee away day and admire the club's supporters for making their choice when it would be oh so easy for them to support one of the Old Firm. Their fans were brilliant yesterday and the equaliser they scored was brilliant football. Glad they stayed up. :aok:

I actually applauded their goal. Something I rarely do. Well taken and fully deserved.

keep the faith
07-05-2017, 11:49 AM

Classy.

Lancs Harp
07-05-2017, 11:52 AM
I thought St Mirren fans were great yesterday. Turned up, made lots of noise and got behind their side. They certainly added to the occasion for me.

snooky
07-05-2017, 12:01 PM

Their fans, their style of play (didn't park the bus) and the lack of cynicism in their game (unlike Falkirk) was a refreshing change.
Given the importance of the match to them, there were very few fouls. Also spoke to a couple of their supporters going up ER and they were sound as a pound.
If only all supporters (including us) were like that.
Hats off to St Mirren yesterday.
FWIW, I'm sure it was the whole stadium that applauded them off the park.

jgl07
07-05-2017, 12:49 PM

I remember the United supporters singing "You'll Never Walk Again"!

Winston Ingram
07-05-2017, 01:36 PM
Always had a soft spot for St Mirren due to their involvement in Hearts blowing the title in 86.

Then they pumped them in a cup final and handed us the title by drawing at Falkirk.👍🏻

tamig
07-05-2017, 01:37 PM
It's mental that. It took me about 6 months before I could watch it. I still can't explain why, but when I did it made the whole experience of winning the cup complete. You'll get there eventually mate :greengrin

I got it the day it came out and it's still sitting all sealed up waiting for "the moment".

Hiber-nation
07-05-2017, 01:44 PM

You dinnae quite get these things do you?

LancashireHibby
07-05-2017, 09:06 PM
Haha heard that some granny tried to claim we stole it, desperate. It's Liverpool's anthem and always has been. Of course the song has been sung before in many places but we started it as a football anthem no one else.
All before my time, but I'm reliably informed that most English clubs sang YNWA throughout the 60's/70's (and seen plenty of videos that seem to back that up). I'm not entirely convinced that Liverpool were the first to sing it, but they were the first to really make it their own.

CropleyWasGod
07-05-2017, 09:13 PM
I remember the United supporters singing "You'll Never Walk Again"!

Walk on with a boot in your groin and you'll never walk again..... was a particular favourite of the skinheads.

JimBHibees
08-05-2017, 09:11 AM

:not worth:greengrin

Kato
08-05-2017, 01:56 PM
All before my time, but I'm reliably informed that most English clubs sang YNWA throughout the 60's/70's (and seen plenty of videos that seem to back that up). I'm not entirely convinced that Liverpool were the first to sing it, but they were the first to really make it their own.

There you go concrete evidence. :confused: