PDA

View Full Version : 9000 Season Tickets sold so far for next season

iwasthere1972
06-05-2017, 05:38 PM
As it says. Announced after the match today.

Let's kick ass.

Dashing Bob S
06-05-2017, 05:42 PM
That's a lot of ST's. Must be well on course for a record. Some interesting transfer market activity and it might be squeaky bum time for the Gorgie size queens.

houstonhibbee
06-05-2017, 05:43 PM
As it says. Announced after the match today.

Let's kick ass.
wonder how many are new ones. Last count was around 1,000

calumhibee1
06-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Is that a lot for this point in time? The early bird pricing etc has finished, I would have expected most folk to have renewed by now. Do we usually sell say another 3-4 thousand after the season has finished?

Col2
06-05-2017, 06:17 PM
Is that a lot for this point in time? The early bird pricing etc has finished, I would have expected most folk to have renewed by now. Do we usually sell say another 3-4 thousand after the season has finished?

Considering we sold 10,600 by early August last year (another 600 or so half season tickets at end of the year) on back of cup win, 9000 by early May is very good. Renewal date is 1st June so I would expect at least another 1,500 by 1st June and then we still have 2 full months before season starts so can see anything from another 1500-2500 on top given consistency of crowds and feel good factor. We will sign players from June so you have to assume this will impact positively given the type of targets we appear to be after. I still think we will sell 12.5k minimum with walk ups and greater away fans will increase average crowd up even further.

calumhibee1
06-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Considering we sold 10,600 by early August last year (another 600 or so half season tickets at end of the year) on back of cup win, 9000 by early May is very good. Renewal date is 1st June so I would expect at least another 1,500 by 1st June and then we still have 2 full months before season starts so can see anything from another 1500-2500 on top given consistency of crowds and feel good factor. We will sign players from June so you have to assume this will impact positively given the type of targets we appear to be after. I still think we will sell 12.5k minimum with walk ups and greater away fans will increase average crowd up even further.

Fingers crossed!

Ozyhibby
06-05-2017, 06:49 PM
On the 8th June last year we had sold less than 8000.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-football-enjoying-season-ticket-8140036

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06-05-2017, 06:53 PM
Come on folks lets get the record smashed!

This team deserve to support and lets give Lennon as big a pot as possible to bring players in.

Col2
06-05-2017, 09:11 PM
Leanne announced 8k 3 weeks ago when we officially won the league. Now it's 9k. Logic suggests another 1k over next 3 weeks PLUS more given renewal date coming up so I would be very surprised is we are not at at least 10,500 by 1st June possibly 11k.

SanFranHibs
06-05-2017, 09:19 PM
On the Off The Ball post match they talked about Hibs and I don't know which one of the 'Odd Couple' it was, but he thought Hibs might actually sell out the stadium (3 stands I presume) in season tickets by the start of the next campaign.

A tad optimistic but just shows you how non-Hibs related people still feel the good vibes coming from ER.

Now the fun of reading all the personnel ins and outs speculation.

Hibernian Football Club. Back where we belong.

:flag::flag::flag:

Sir David Gray
06-05-2017, 10:07 PM
On the Off The Ball post match they talked about Hibs and I don't know which one of the 'Odd Couple' it was, but he thought Hibs might actually sell out the stadium (3 stands I presume) in season tickets by the start of the next campaign.

A tad optimistic but just shows you how non-Hibs related people still feel the good vibes coming from ER.

Now the fun of reading all the personnel ins and outs speculation.

Hibernian Football Club. Back where we belong.

:flag::flag::flag:

I can't see us selling over 16000 season tickets but if we can get to 12-13000 and get around 2000 walk ups for most games then that would be a great effort.

SirDavidsNapper
06-05-2017, 10:13 PM
Think we're sure to break the record next season. Lennon will bring in a couple big, big signings that will surprise and excite us. What a time to be a Hibby.

IberianHibernian
06-05-2017, 10:19 PM
I can't see us selling over 16000 season tickets but if we can get to 12-13000 and get around 2000 walk ups for most games then that would be a great effort. It might even be better to " only " have 12 - 13000 than 15000 - walk ups will be paying more especially for Category A games ( walk ups may include some away fans if South Stand is sold out ) and there are thousands of Hibs fans that won`t buy a ST for numerous reasons ( work , family , price , distance ,not wanting to be in same seat every match , etc etc ) . Got to be lots of seats left for walk ups or lots of long time Hibernians will be shut out from their club . Also got to leave seats for new fans , neutrals who might become regulars etc

iwasthere1972
06-05-2017, 10:25 PM
Might need a bit help here.

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that our season ticket sales for 2004/5 was about 12K yet our average attendance was only 12,500. That doesn't make sense when you consider that we had visits from Celtic, Rangers (anybody remember them?), Hearts and Aberdeen.

Since90+2
07-05-2017, 07:55 AM
It might even be better to " only " have 12 - 13000 (tel:12 - 13000) than 15000 - walk ups will be paying more especially for Category A games ( walk ups may include some away fans if South Stand is sold out ) and there are thousands of Hibs fans that won`t buy a ST for numerous reasons ( work , family , price , distance ,not wanting to be in same seat every match , etc etc ) . Got to be lots of seats left for walk ups or lots of long time Hibernians will be shut out from their club . Also got to leave seats for new fans , neutrals who might become regulars etc

We want to sell as many season tickets as we possibly can and if that means there are limited tickets available for walk ups then so be it.

Ozyhibby
07-05-2017, 08:12 AM
We want to sell as many season tickets as we possibly can and if that means there are limited tickets available for walk ups then so be it.

Absolutely. If we could sell it out with season tickets then we should. That's a no brainer for me.

PatHead
07-05-2017, 08:21 AM

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that our season ticket sales for 2004/5 was about 12K yet our average attendance was only 12,500. That doesn't make sense when you consider that we had visits from Celtic, Rangers (anybody remember them?), Hearts and Aberdeen.

Was there stadium redevelopment and a stand closed for awhile

Ozyhibby
07-05-2017, 08:23 AM

I think it was 05/06 that we had 12k season tickets?

BoomtownHibees
07-05-2017, 08:25 AM
It might even be better to " only " have 12 - 13000 than 15000 - walk ups will be paying more especially for Category A games ( walk ups may include some away fans if South Stand is sold out ) and there are thousands of Hibs fans that won`t buy a ST for numerous reasons ( work , family , price , distance ,not wanting to be in same seat every match , etc etc ) . Got to be lots of seats left for walk ups or lots of long time Hibernians will be shut out from their club . Also got to leave seats for new fans , neutrals who might become regulars etc

No chance. As many season ticket sales as possible please

StevieCowan
07-05-2017, 08:31 AM
Is this a once in a generation opportunity for the club, I genuinely think it is and I've never known such a feel good factor about the club.

The fans sense that and I can see ST sales hitting record levels and then some.

Borderhibbie76
07-05-2017, 08:46 AM
Is this a once in a generation opportunity for the club, I genuinely think it is and I've never known such a feel good factor about the club.

The fans sense that and I can see ST sales hitting record levels and then some.
I agree mate this is a massive summer for the club...get some exciting signings in and build on this surge of positivity surrounding the club. It amazing what winning the holy grail has done to galvanise our club. We had to go up this season and job done there...now we need to build on this

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

green day
07-05-2017, 08:48 AM
Anybody know when the new STs are available for pickup?

It was my dad that renewed ours and he didnt ask.

Col2
07-05-2017, 08:52 AM
I agree mate this is a massive summer for the club...get some exciting signings in and build on this surge of positivity surrounding the club. It amazing what winning the holy grail has done to galvanise our club. We had to go up this season and job done there...now we need to build on this

Absolutely, and the renewed confidence and determination since winning the cup means every Scottish Cup campaign that comes around half way into the season becomes less about dread and more about excitement and real confidence hat we can do it again.

Borderhibbie76
07-05-2017, 08:54 AM
Absolutely, and the renewed confidence and determination since winning the cup means every Scottish Cup campaign that comes around half way into the season becomes less about dread and more about excitement and real confidence hat we can do it again.
We even seen the positives in losing a Scottish cup semi this season...who knew lol 😜

NAE NOOKIE
07-05-2017, 10:20 AM
If we can hit 13,000 we could possibly see quite a few games where the south stand has to be opened to home walk ups ... certainly for games against Aberdeen and Dundee if they stay up .... it would be very very nice if we could get to the stage of reducing the number of tickets available to the ugly sisters, we have been bumped for extra tickets by the Ibrox erse cheek more than once and Celtic don't exactly welcome away fans with open arms, given the rubbish area they are put in.

I cant see us reducing the Hertz allocation ... if we did they would certainly retaliate by reducing our allocation at the Wongadome.

GordonHFC
07-05-2017, 10:24 AM
Any more than 11,000 and I'll never get my 2 tickets for the cup final 😃

Keith_M
07-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Any more than 11,000 and I'll never get my 2 tickets for the cup final 😃

If you're that desperate, you could always buy two Season Tickets.

:wink:

HFCdeb
07-05-2017, 10:43 AM
If we can hit 13,000 we could possibly see quite a few games where the south stand has to be opened to home walk ups ... certainly for games against Aberdeen and Dundee if they stay up .... it would be very very nice if we could get to the stage of reducing the number of tickets available to the ugly sisters, we have been bumped for extra tickets by the Ibrox erse cheek more than once and Celtic don't exactly welcome away fans with open arms, given the rubbish area they are put in.

I cant see us reducing the Hertz allocation ... if we did they would certainly retaliate by reducing our allocation at the Wongadome.

Wouldn't want Hearts' allocation to be reduced at ER, it wouldn't be a derby without them filling the South Stand. Although, they were awfy quiet when they were there in Feb...

calumhibee1
07-05-2017, 10:45 AM
It goes without saying but I'd urge anybody who has the means to buy one to go out and either renew/buy a new season ticket. This club is going places and the more fans we have on board the faster we can get there.

SirDavidsNapper
07-05-2017, 10:50 AM
I'd love us to cut Rangers allocation. They gave us pittifull amount of tickets in the Championship despite not being able to fill their own sections and their fans are vile.

Keith_M
07-05-2017, 10:53 AM
I'd love us to cut Rangers allocation. They gave us pittifull amount of tickets in the Championship despite not being able to fill their own sections and their fans are vile.

Two sections of the South Lower should be enough.

Scouse Hibee
07-05-2017, 10:54 AM
Anybody know when the new STs are available for pickup?

It was my dad that renewed ours and he didnt ask.

I was told as we are all getting new cards they will all be posted.

GordonHFC
07-05-2017, 11:00 AM
If you're that desperate, you could always buy two Season Tickets.

:wink:

Sod that. I've already paid for 3 😁

Onion
07-05-2017, 11:26 AM
9000 for a team that only confirmed promotion a few weeks ago is amazing. Wonder how that compares with Yams and Dons at this point?

All we need is Lennon to bring in a few exciting additions over the summer (Henderson, Efe, Stokes ?) and there's every chance of beating this season's tally.

green day
07-05-2017, 12:02 PM
I was told as we are all getting new cards they will all be posted.

Cheers, didn't want to chuck my old one in case!

jane_says
07-05-2017, 12:06 PM
I'm waiting for the renewal date to try and get better seats than on offer just now. Regret not renewing last season now!

hibsdaft
07-05-2017, 12:39 PM
We had sold only 5000 at this stage two seasons ago, and around 4500 the season before that:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5391