PDA

View Full Version : Speakers

hfc rd
06-05-2017, 05:24 PM
Much better! Could finally hear the announcer clearly at the back of the East.

calumhibee1
06-05-2017, 10:29 PM
That should be the permanent solution to the issues with the PA system. Even if it's just the one speaker that they had in the corner between the East and FF, it was a massive improvement and helped with the atmosphere.

hibee_girl
06-05-2017, 10:50 PM
It wasn't very good in the middle of the east stand, we found it worse than ever today!

Hibeewilly
06-05-2017, 11:06 PM
It wasn't very good in the middle of the east stand, we found it worse than ever today!

Totally agree HG. We are in row M and couldn't make out a word. I'm sure it will be corrected close season though

Golden Bear
06-05-2017, 11:15 PM
Still very poor in the West, if anything marginally worse.

Brunswickbill
07-05-2017, 12:17 AM
Didn't understand one word today. Sitting in west stand.

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2017, 12:31 AM
Much better! Could finally hear the announcer clearly at the back of the East.

must have put an extra speaker in up the back then because in the middle of the east it was just the usual ear-splitting garbled noise, i'm positive the higher the volume the more hopeless it is........great stadium let down by an appalling tannoy system... get it sorted hibs, maybe leeann might join us in the east for a game and let her hear for herself if it's acceptable in the 21st century :) or hire/chorey the hampden system :greengrin

green day
07-05-2017, 05:25 AM
Didn't understand one word today. Sitting in west stand.

I'm in the west upper toward the south, and it's loud and clear.

Must be specific speakers that are gubbed.

Phil MaGlass
07-05-2017, 06:57 AM
Is it the worst in Scotland though.

Topographic Hibby
07-05-2017, 07:01 AM
I'm in the west upper toward the south, and it's loud and clear.

Must be specific speakers that are gubbed.
I was in in West Upper, near half way. Could hardly make out a word.

ALF TUPPER
07-05-2017, 07:06 AM
West Lower for me.

Did someone say something ??

hibbysam
07-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Is it the worst in Scotland though.

Motherwell won that prize. Remember the night our game got abandoned and the first I knew it was abandoned was when the Motherwell end emptied.

Libby Hibby
07-05-2017, 07:28 AM
I thought yesterday that there was an improvement even before the additional speakers came out at the end of the game.

Music was much more audible but the talking was still a bit echoey.

Barry is certainly trying his best to sort an inherent problem.

Phil MaGlass
07-05-2017, 07:30 AM
surely theres a way to get a new sponsor in to replace the old system? If yi ken whit ah mean.:greengrin

BoomtownHibees
07-05-2017, 07:34 AM
Was definitely louder which was good for the music but couldn't make out a word that was being said until Lennon and the players spoke. Maybe it's the guy himself that creates the issue with the mic too close to his mouth

danhibees1875
07-05-2017, 08:13 AM

:agree:

I've never understand complaints on here about the tannoy system, I always find it perfectly audible... Until yesterday, that was just loud noises and the first time all season I struggled to make out what was being said.

Dibben
07-05-2017, 08:17 AM
surely theres a way to get a new sponsor in to replace the old system? If yi ken whit ah mean.:greengrin

If not, we should arrange bake sales and bouncy castles!!

£25 a ticket - £££s will roll in - it's what all the big clubs do!! 😬

RoYO!
07-05-2017, 08:20 AM
Still can't make out everything the announcer is saying. Player interviews and NL was more or less crystal clear. Middle of the east, 2/3 up.

hibee_girl
07-05-2017, 09:57 AM
There's music blaring out the stadium at the minute, the party continues :greengrin

woodythehibee
07-05-2017, 10:17 AM
I'm in the East. Was good to hear that the music was louder but still couldn't hear the announcer very well. He speaks far too fast. Needs to slow it down.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

J-C
07-05-2017, 10:19 AM
If anything it was too loud particularly in the east, music was fine but when the announcer spoke you couldn't make out was was being said.

fat freddy
07-05-2017, 10:21 AM
i was at the corner of the west upper right next to the dunbar end and it was deafening, the announcers voice was way too loud and we couldnt hear ourselves speak at half time.

hibee_girl
07-05-2017, 10:22 AM
If anything it was too loud particularly in the east, music was fine but when the announcer spoke you couldn't make out was was being said.

:agree: when the announcer was speaking the sound was vibrating so you couldn't make anything out.

RoYO!
07-05-2017, 11:18 AM
And when NL was interviewed you could hear every word.

Too fast and strings the words together. Literally make out 2 words every sentence.

BigT-Hibeez
07-05-2017, 02:09 PM
I am a sound engineer and we do have one of the worst PA systems i have heard..

hfcnic
07-05-2017, 02:41 PM

I thought it was really good sound in the middle of the east yesterday. 1st time I've ever actually been able to make anything out :flag:

Sir David Gray
07-05-2017, 02:44 PM
There was a noticeable improvement from my seat in the east stand.

Glory Lurker
07-05-2017, 02:47 PM
I'd like us to try a few games without any music at all, just usual team announcements, half time scores, etc. Let the crowd just be itself.

Shrekko
07-05-2017, 03:56 PM
I'd like us to try a few games without any music at all, just usual team announcements, half time scores, etc. Let the crowd just be itself.

Music at half time etc is fine but I totally agree with you and would also like to hear far less from our PA- I've never been at another ground where you hear so many announcements and as folk have pointed out he screams away so quickly you can barely make out a word.

The tannoy music almost killed the celebrations. Every time the crowd started a chant they got drowned out with more loud music or pointless announcements. Wouldn't be so bad but it's not always Hibs stuff- quite often it's Ed Sheeran etc. which adds nothing to a football atmosphere.

Sad that pro sports clubs in the U.K. seem to think crowds needs conducted like this.

Babyshamble
07-05-2017, 05:23 PM
Me & Ma boy are in the east.row w.near the middle.dreadful sound.

Diclonius
07-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Still as bad as ever in the West Upper. Heard virtually nothing, not even Lennon/McGregor's interviews.

GreenCastle
08-05-2017, 08:06 AM
I quite liked how Hibs tried to make Saturday an occasion to remember.

The pyro - speakers - the THANK YOU letters etc.

From the East I could actually hear the announcements better but not sure Hibs will use that as a long term solution ?

The PA system does need sorted and hopefully they continue to look into ways to sort it.

Golden Bear
08-05-2017, 08:42 AM
Still as bad as ever in the West Upper. Heard virtually nothing, not even Lennon/McGregor's interviews.

:agree:

In fact if anything, the sound system was worse on Saturday. Hopefully the Club can get it rectified over the summer months, it shouldn't be rocket science surely.

Fife-Hibee
08-05-2017, 09:14 AM
We're near the top of section 40 massive difference at the weekend :-)

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2017, 09:25 AM

Music at half time etc is fine but I totally agree with you and would also like to hear far less from our PA- I've never been at another ground where you hear so many announcements and as folk have pointed out he screams away so quickly you can barely make out a word.

The tannoy music almost killed the celebrations. Every time the crowd started a chant they got drowned out with more loud music or pointless announcements. Wouldn't be so bad but it's not always Hibs stuff- quite often it's Ed Sheeran etc. which adds nothing to a football atmosphere.

Sad that pro sports clubs in the U.K. seem to think crowds needs conducted like this.

the atmosphere pre kick off would have been great if it weren't for the constant announcements/blaring music, someone find that damn mic and hide it

Onceinawhile
08-05-2017, 09:40 AM
The tannoy in the ff lower is perfect.

hughio
08-05-2017, 12:27 PM
He clearly said mwhabb Frabba wabba wob wabba frob a mwhab mwhabba.
About time too.

:greengrin

That's what I heard too!

Get it sortit Mr Petrie...please.
I know you are reading this.

It's part of the Hibbee experience which the Board should be seeking to improve all the time.

{Oh and did I mention how awful the food experience is...again.

Please accept this as constructive criticism.}

happiehibbie
08-05-2017, 12:44 PM
Was definitely louder which was good for the music but couldn't make out a word that was being said until Lennon and the players spoke. Maybe it's the guy himself that creates the issue with the mic too close to his mouth

this

HibsAnnouncer
08-05-2017, 06:32 PM
this

Hi Guys,

Barrie here :). I take on board all feedback on a regular occasion on here and am always trying my best to be receptive to suggestions and also send on what I can to try make improvements.

I asked the club if we could make improvements to our PA system and luckily enough we had stacks installed to try give a better sound in the east and I can assure you that they are actively looking at long term solutions. As I am sure you can understand to install a whole new system is quite a big job.

This weekend the club listened to to the feedback and had an external company come into look at the issues with the sound. Upon testing the mic and various different sound tests (in which I was involved in) around the stadium we identified the areas where sound is muffled. The issues lie The muffled sound has nothing to do with me shouting or putting a microphone close to my mouth :). The club are trying very hard to make changes.

In terms of sound and speed of delivery again is something it is something I will definitely take on board however, we have a very tight window in terms of time with a number of requests from a commercial perspective that we need to ensure is delivered.

We are lucky to have a team behind the scenes that listen to the fans :).

The Hibs Announcer twitter was set up as a suggestion by me in order to allow fans to contact and try help shape their match days direct. I think it is very important to take on board any feedback both positive and negative. I have said many a time before it's impossible to please everyone but I think it's key that we try to get a happy medium.

The username on the forums again was a move by me to try and reach out (as a fan myself) so we can have a stadium sound and match day experience that our fans can be happy with.

I like seeing the posts because it gives us something to work with. There will be more from me in order to ensure that our return to the Premiership comes complete with a match day sound that our fans enjoy!

I hope this feedback helps however always happy to answer and help with anything further if I can.

Barrie

Golden Bear
08-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Hi Guys,

Barrie here :). I take on board all feedback on a regular occasion on here and am always trying my best to be receptive to suggestions and also send on what I can to try make improvements.

I asked the club if we could make improvements to our PA system and luckily enough we had stacks installed to try give a better sound in the east and I can assure you that they are actively looking at long term solutions. As I am sure you can understand to install a whole new system is quite a big job.

This weekend the club listened to to the feedback and had an external company come into look at the issues with the sound. Upon testing the mic and various different sound tests (in which I was involved in) around the stadium we identified the areas where sound is muffled. The issues lie The muffled sound has nothing to do with me shouting or putting a microphone close to my mouth :). The club are trying very hard to make changes.

In terms of sound and speed of delivery again is something it is something I will definitely take on board however, we have a very tight window in terms of time with a number of requests from a commercial perspective that we need to ensure is delivered.

We are lucky to have a team behind the scenes that listen to the fans :).

The Hibs Announcer twitter was set up as a suggestion by me in order to allow fans to contact and try help shape their match days direct. I think it is very important to take on board any feedback both positive and negative. I have said many a time before it's impossible to please everyone but I think it's key that we try to get a happy medium.

The username on the forums again was a move by me to try and reach out (as a fan myself) so we can have a stadium sound and match day experience that our fans can be happy with.

I like seeing the posts because it gives us something to work with. There will be more from me in order to ensure that our return to the Premiership comes complete with a match day sound that our fans enjoy!

I hope this feedback helps however always happy to answer and help with anything further if I can.

Barrie

Appreciate your efforts Barrie. Good luck in your quest for perfection!

hibee
08-05-2017, 07:24 PM

Great idea, you can't hear yourself speak in the FF upper it's so loud, no need for it at a football match.