PDA

View Full Version : Leeann will be raging/unhappy

madhatter
06-05-2017, 04:49 PM
Club warn the fans about going on pitch.
Club thank the fans for their support.
Kids mainly but some adults run on to the pitch...

Think a line needs drawn and this sort of thing needs to stop. Its a bit embarrassing.

Let's be honest most of us wouldn't be surprised if Leeann said "as far as I can take Hibs, nothing will beat winning the cup so I'm off". So why would you give her more reason to do so?

I know it wasn't many but the kids annoy me the most - is that what they are learning at the games now? Be idiots and run onto the pitch when told not to...what 5 times?

Great day but its embarrassing behaviour considering its the championship and we've been asked multiple times by the club we support not to run on to the field...

Pete
06-05-2017, 04:51 PM
Och away.

guthrie01
06-05-2017, 04:52 PM
:rolleyes: Really ?

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-05-2017, 04:54 PM
If it wasnt for those pesky kids

lyonhibs
06-05-2017, 04:54 PM

Think a line needs drawn and this sort of thing needs to stop. Its a bit embarrassing.

Let's be honest most of us wouldn't be surprised if Leeann said "as far as I can take Hibs, nothing will beat winning the cup so I'm off". So why would you give her more reason to do so?

I know it wasn't many but the kids annoy me the most - is that what they are learning at the games now? Be idiots and run onto the pitch when told not to...what 5 times?

Great day but its embarrassing behaviour considering its the championship and we've been asked multiple times by the club we support not to run on to the field...

What are we talking here. Grown, pissed up men or excitable bairns?

If it's the latter, you must be a hoot at parties.

Borderhibbie76
06-05-2017, 04:55 PM
Come oan man a few kids hardly a pitch invasion ...chill oot

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hiber-nation
06-05-2017, 04:58 PM
What are we talking here. Grown, pissed up men or excitable bairns?

If it's the latter, you must be a hoot at parties.

The Madhatter's tea party :wink:

Austinho
06-05-2017, 05:01 PM
Mountain. Molehill.

Bishop Hibee
06-05-2017, 05:03 PM
I learnt long ago that some people like a moan regardless of the circumstances. The seven or eight who came on the pitch were exuberant and showed no malice.

iwasthere1972
06-05-2017, 05:11 PM
What a load of tosh. A few kids.

Ringothedog
06-05-2017, 05:13 PM

The only thing embarrassing is your post,18000 hibs fans at the game and no more than a handful on the pitch and you suggest that she might leave because of that ? What an overreaction to nothing.

Jack Hackett
06-05-2017, 05:13 PM
I learnt long ago that some people like a moan regardless of the circumstances. The seven or eight who came on the pitch were exuberant and showed no malice.

Nevertheless, an example needs to be made. Lifetime ban at the very least. Exuberance is a stain on the good name of Hibernian FC.

Down with this sort of thing

hfc rd
06-05-2017, 05:15 PM

I hope you're on the drink.

Throwing your toys out of the pram because a few excitable bairns ran onto the pitch. Jeez! It's not like they attacked anyone!

06-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Lennon was brutally attacked on the pitch.

WeeRussell
06-05-2017, 05:21 PM
Absolute nonsense. I am very confident Leeann won't go home and let it bother her like it has you.

I was actually surprised there weren't a few more when it started. Let's leave the pretending we're a bunch of yobs to the media. There will be full blown proper pitch invasions for the next two weeks during English league playoffs etc and not an eyelid shall be batted.

neil7908
06-05-2017, 05:22 PM
It was nothing. Well handled by the club and stewards, not a big deal made, no one getting jumped on, just told to get off.

Dashing Bob S
06-05-2017, 05:38 PM
I think the OP is right. Had St Mirren been relegated their fans might have construed it as a goad. Then we'd have had a repeat of May 2016's holocaust.

madhatter
06-05-2017, 05:41 PM

A moan? Away you go you Muppet. I think you missed my point, like most. I know its difficult, I learnt a long time ago that some people are blinkered regardless of the circumstance. 4-5 times the club had to plead for no more and they even on the final attempt had to say "or the players will have to go in". The players had their wives and kids on the pitch and let's be honest regardless of who is running at them some may feel uncomfortable so I think me saying it needs to stop is sensible. If we allow it and think its no big deal, just imagine a Hearts fan managed to masquerade as a Hibs fan and ran at one of the players etc.? Still OK? Thin line between OK and not and I think some are missing that.

My view is consistent with the club and for it to reach " or the players will have to go in" shows the club were serious about this. So if I'm on the side of the club and think running on the field regardless of age is wrong, what side are you on? Part of an impromptu mob?

People seem to be taking a bizarre stance thinking they are indirectly fighting the media and the SFA but in actual fact they are doing nothing.

Exuberance...with what exactly, we won the league weeks ago.

Since1875Hibs
06-05-2017, 05:54 PM

Get a grip. 0.1% of fans ended up on the pitch. Clearly a glass half empty type?

jacomo
06-05-2017, 05:58 PM
The only thing embarrassing is your post,18000 hibs fans at the game and no more than a handful on the pitch and you suggest that she might leave because of that ? What an overreaction to nothing.

Bed wetting has been regrettably familiar this season.

Let's hope it stops.

18Hibee75
06-05-2017, 05:58 PM
Jesus. A few kids went on thee pitch after all the celebration to get a selfie with their heroes... It's a disgrace!! I think Leann will walk...

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

madhatter
06-05-2017, 06:04 PM
Get a grip. 0.1% of fans ended up on the pitch. Clearly a glass half empty type?

What?? No fans should go on to the football field...is that difficult to understand?

not sure how you are all trying to justify it with "it's alright until it's not"...

You telling club to get a grip as well? Don't think after how many "don't go on the pitch" reminders that were done that club officials will be too pleased to be honest regardless of the percentage...

Idiotic reference to glass half empty as well...if you are all putting it down as harmless exuberance I'm even more concerned in a way - all we did was win the championship, weeks ago, and regardless of age I'd be ashamed to run on to celebrate that...

We are getting a reputation now and whether we like it or not, only way to get rid of this reputation is to stop doing it.

jacomo
06-05-2017, 06:08 PM
What?? No fans should go on to the football field...is that difficult to understand?

not sure how you are all trying to justify it with "it's alright until it's not"...

You telling club to get a grip as well? Don't think after how many "don't go on the pitch" reminders that were done that club officials will be too pleased to be honest regardless of the percentage...

Idiotic reference to glass half empty as well...if you are all putting it down as harmless exuberance I'm even more concerned in a way - all we did was win the championship, weeks ago, and regardless of age I'd be ashamed to run on to celebrate that...

We are getting a reputation now and whether we like it or not, only way to get rid of this reputation is to stop doing it.

You really need to get some sense of proportion.

Hibs90
06-05-2017, 06:08 PM

Chill out, have a beer or wine, go pump yer misses and enjoy your night :aok:

MSK
06-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Pure rage man .. this thread is better than the game !! 😆

guthrie01
06-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Don't worry I hear Lee Wallace is heading through the schools as we speak

"Alright Lee, which one of these monsters hugged Neil Lennon ?"

Andy74
06-05-2017, 06:12 PM

Nonsense. A tiny proportion will do this type of thing at any game. We've done what we can. We can't get to a position we are better than everyone in this respect and we aren't worse.

Making a big issue out of every minor incident just makes it more of a thing.

Crab apple
06-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Just about the whole of the Arbroath support (1000+) was on the pitch at Forthbank today. It happens all over at the end of the season at clubs with something to celebrate. The only time there seems to be any conflict in Scotland is when the huns are involved.

Fife-Hibee
A moan? Away you go you Muppet. I think you missed my point, like most. I know its difficult, I learnt a long time ago that some people are blinkered regardless of the circumstance. 4-5 times the club had to plead for no more and they even on the final attempt had to say "or the players will have to go in". The players had their wives and kids on the pitch and let's be honest regardless of who is running at them some may feel uncomfortable so I think me saying it needs to stop is sensible. If we allow it and think its no big deal, just imagine a Hearts fan managed to masquerade as a Hibs fan and ran at one of the players etc.? Still OK? Thin line between OK and not and I think some are missing that.

My view is consistent with the club and for it to reach " or the players will have to go in" shows the club were serious about this. So if I'm on the side of the club and think running on the field regardless of age is wrong, what side are you on? Part of an impromptu mob?

People seem to be taking a bizarre stance thinking they are indirectly fighting the media and the SFA but in actual fact they are doing nothing.

Exuberance...with what exactly, we won the league weeks ago.

Haha

Pete
You really need to get some sense of proportion.

Pretty much. Leeanne will be delighted that there was no mass pitch invasion...which would have been disappointing but not disastrous. I liken our situation to that of Sheffield Uniteds, who invaded their own pitch when they were promoted without the outrage.

Saying that there might have been a Wednesday fan in there masquerading and just waiting to attack the players. They'll know better next time.

madhatter

You used a hyperbole and then follow that up with "an overreaction to nothing". I think I suggested that Leeann, after all her good deeds, may get fed up with a fan base, with quadrants whether big or small, that don't pay attention and run on to the pitch. Think the club have suffered quite a bit after last years situation and don't you think that they were reinforcing the point of stay in your seats through asking Daz "is it good to be able to celebrate with family on the field"?

Club pleaded over and over again, fans don't listen clearly. Leeann has had to listen to all our garbage, have meetings with fans throwing toys out the prams and when she sends out a clear message of "don't go on the pitch", do fans return the same common courtesy? Most do, some obviously just ignored.

Oh and anybody else pointing to selfies and what not - all that is just rubbish...they are simply an excuse, wait outside the stadium and get them.

06-05-2017, 06:16 PM
Awck a few excitable wee kids (and i do literally mean just a few) ran on, hugged a player then ran off. Big deal :rolleyes:

I know they shouldnt have been on but come on it really didn't do any harm.

Pretty Boy
06-05-2017, 06:16 PM
It was a handful of kids and Grant Holt and Neil Lennon dealt with it well. Big Holt has another career as a school master post football imo.

I was dead against a full on pitch invasion and thankfully it never happened. A few excitable kids and, literally, 1 or 2 pissed adults? Who cares?

Pete
06-05-2017, 06:18 PM
I think the OP is right. Had St Mirren been relegated their fans might have construed it as a goad. Then we'd have had a repeat of May 2016's holocaust.

There's actually a valid point in there.

However, they stayed up and it would have been cool anyway.

Sir David Gray
06-05-2017, 06:18 PM
It was disappointing that the parents couldn't control the children considering how many pleas there were from the club for fans not to go onto the pitch but there were no more than about 10 people (mainly kids) who ran on so I'm not going to get too excited about it.

We're back in the Premiership so away and enjoy your night!

madhatter
06-05-2017, 06:23 PM
It was a handful of kids and Grant Holt and Neil Lennon dealt with it well. Big Holt has another career as a school master post football imo.

I was dead against a full on pitch invasion and thankfully it never happened. A few excitable kids and, literally, 1 or 2 pissed adults? Who cares?

Funny thing is, I don't care much at all. I was simply pointing out that when one of them ran on, Leeann did not look happy. I'm also not saying we should be any better or worse than other clubs. My main annoyance is that the club, whether rightly or wrongly have had a load or rubbish after last year with pitch invasion and then they pleaded over and over again for fans not to do it and they did regardless of age and numbers.

Are we saying selfies with some of these players is that important? You'd think we had Pele, Maldini, Pirlo, Messi and Ronaldo on the pitch.

Libby Hibby
06-05-2017, 06:28 PM
Funny thing is, I don't care much at all. I was simply pointing out that when one of them ran on, Leeann did not look happy. I'm also not saying we should be any better or worse than other clubs. My main annoyance is that the club, whether rightly or wrongly have had a load or rubbish after last year with pitch invasion and then they pleaded over and over again for fans not to do it and they did regardless of age and numbers.

Are we saying selfies with some of these players is that important? You'd think we had Pele, Maldini, Pirlo, Messi and Ronaldo on the pitch.

Away and boil your heed!!! Total over reaction.

I personally thought it was lovely to see and the players and staff integrated well with the supporters that did come on.

calumhibee1
06-05-2017, 06:30 PM
It was disappointing that the parents couldn't control the children considering how many pleas there were from the club for fans not to go onto the pitch but there were no more than about 10 people (mainly kids) who ran on so I'm not going to get too excited about it.

We're back in the Premiership so away and enjoy your night!

This is the bit I don't get. I don't really care that it happened and there was no harm done, but some of these kids were about 8 years old. The club said time and time again in the build up to the game in previous days, before the game at the stadium, after the game at the stadium do not run on the pitch. But folk still allow there bairns to do it. As for the teenagers/adults doing it, get a grip eh. Especially the teenager with the hat who swaggered off the pitch back towards the east stand taking an eternity trying to look hard as ****.

WestStandMoaner
06-05-2017, 06:33 PM
You used a hyperbole and then follow that up with "an overreaction to nothing". I think I suggested that Leeann, after all her good deeds, may get fed up with a fan base, with quadrants whether big or small, that don't pay attention and run on to the pitch. Think the club have suffered quite a bit after last years situation and don't you think that they were reinforcing the point of stay in your seats through asking Daz "is it good to be able to celebrate with family on the field"?

Club pleaded over and over again, fans don't listen clearly. Leeann has had to listen to all our garbage, have meetings with fans throwing toys out the prams and when she sends out a clear message of "don't go on the pitch", do fans return the same common courtesy? Most do, some obviously just ignored.

Oh and anybody else pointing to selfies and what not - all that is just rubbish...they are simply an excuse, wait outside the stadium and get them.

away and do one as far as I am concerned all the kids should have been on the park that's what football is all about celebrating with your hero's. The Hampden invasion was different. We are at home and parading as champions. You need to get a life

ALF TUPPER
06-05-2017, 06:33 PM
A few little kids ran over to Holt. They shouldn't have but it was sorted.

I could see Leeann. She was having a great time. Taking selfies, laughing with backroom staff, players, their families, press, fans.

It all seemed fine.

madhatter
06-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Away and boil your heed!!! Total over reaction.

I personally thought it was lovely to see and the players and staff integrated well with the supporters that did come on.

Are you for real?

Why bother then? If we can have such lovely integration, we should all have ran on to the pitch then! Super jealous, I didn't know running on meant you get superb integration with the staff and players and all that.

Then again my view is a total over reaction and I should boil my head, nice of you to share what you personally thought though. Guess I'll boil my head, maybe I'll start to see what you personally thought then...

stoneyburn hibs
06-05-2017, 06:37 PM
Are you for real?

Why bother then? If we can have such lovely integration, we should all have ran on to the pitch then! Super jealous, I didn't know running on meant you get superb integration with the staff and players and all that.

Then again my view is a total over reaction and I should boil my head, nice of you to share what you personally thought though. Guess I'll boil my head, maybe I'll start to see what you personally thought then...

Chill out mate.

Hibby70
06-05-2017, 06:40 PM
You'll get a job at the Daily Record at this rate.

Do you need a hug?

madhatter
06-05-2017, 06:40 PM
away and do one as far as I am concerned all the kids should have been on the park that's what football is all about celebrating with your hero's. The Hampden invasion was different. We are at home and parading as champions. You need to get a life

Sorry might have missed your opinion...so I'm to get a life, I'm to go away and do one and kids should be on the park.

Is football all about celebrating with your heroes? Damn, why do I go to it then, I have no heroes in football...I'm missing out big time. Oh hold the phone, I'm a grown man...

HappyAsHellas
06-05-2017, 06:41 PM
Chill out, have a beer or wine, go pump yer misses and enjoy your night :aok:

You think he's got a wife?

madhatter
06-05-2017, 06:42 PM
You'll get a job at the Daily Record at this rate.

Do you need a hug?

No if I needed a hug I would have ran on to the pitch and jumped on Daz.

madhatter
06-05-2017, 06:43 PM
You think he's got a wife?

Another personal attack rather than debate properly? Funny I've had people tell me to get a life on this thread but there seems to be an awful lot of trolls...

WhileTheChief..
06-05-2017, 06:46 PM
It's a crap thread title for a day that we're supposed to be celebrating :confused:

Libby Hibby
06-05-2017, 06:53 PM
I can't really believe that any Hibs fan could get so unhappy and upset with what went on today.

lord bunberry
06-05-2017, 06:55 PM
I love pitch invasions. Watching a few of them over the last week have been brilliant. I don't know what peoples problem is. If we're not playing against the Huns then there won't be a problem. If we were to win the league next season I can 100% guarantee there will be a pitch invasion.

SRHibs
06-05-2017, 06:56 PM
The kids are understandable, however a couple of old losers ran on the pitch too. Not the end of the world though.

lord bunberry
06-05-2017, 06:57 PM
I've just watched the Portsmouth pitch invasion be described as "fantastic scenes"

madhatter
06-05-2017, 06:59 PM
I can't really believe that any Hibs fan could get so unhappy and upset with what went on today.

So ive got no life, I've got no wife, I should go do one and now I'm not Hibs fan.

ever thought you might be overreacting to me being "upset/unhappy"? Or is that something only a non-Hibs fan would do...

mob mentality here is real.

i point out I'm disappointed and have had nothing but comments that are barely on topic and regularly just a personal dig...

Waxy

Lol.

Mr White
Another personal attack rather than debate properly? Funny I've had people tell me to get a life on this thread but there seems to be an awful lot of trolls...

To be fair you've given it out too, calling someone a "muppet" for disagreeing with you. If it carries on the way it's going this thread will be closed soon. Which will be no great loss to anyone really.

Jack Hackett
06-05-2017, 07:00 PM
Mountain. Molehill.

Storm. Teacup

lord bunberry
06-05-2017, 07:00 PM
So ive got no life, I've got no wife, I should go do one and now I'm not Hibs fan.

ever thought you might be overreacting to me being "upset/unhappy"? Or is that something only a non-Hibs fan would do...

i point out I'm disappointed and have had nothing but comments that are barely on topic and regularly just a personal dig...
You forgot about boiling your heed mate :greengrin

madabouthibs
06-05-2017, 07:01 PM
I'm just hoping the compliance officer doesn't have a gander at that Lennon slide tackle. 😁

madhatter
06-05-2017, 07:03 PM
To be fair you've given it out too, calling someone a "muppet" for disagreeing with you. If it carries on the way it's going this thread will be closed soon. Which will be no great loss to anyone really.

Ive only "given it out" in response to a barrage of abuse. Barely had a meaningful response to my post to be fair.

i agree, couldn't care less if thread got closed. Some of the trolls will though.

madhatter
06-05-2017, 07:04 PM
You forgot about boiling your heed mate :greengrin

I did, how stupid of me. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Mr White
06-05-2017, 07:07 PM
Ive only "given it out" in response to a barrage of abuse. Barely had a meaningful response to my post to be fair.

i agree, couldn't care less if thread got closed. Some of the trolls will though.

This is the post you responded with that to. Not exactly a "barrage of abuse."

MSK
06-05-2017, 07:09 PM
Another personal attack rather than debate properly? Funny I've had people tell me to get a life on this thread but there seems to be an awful lot of trolls...A personal attack ? Yet on an earlier post you called someone a muppet !! think you seriously need to calm down on the drama queen act, you are making yourself look rather silly 👍

HappyAsHellas
06-05-2017, 07:12 PM

I saw a young fan run on from the east and get a hug from Holt and a laugh with Jason. I also witnessed an older man put a scarf round Lennon's shoulders and return immediately to his seat. If you feel there is something wrong with these scenes of happiness then I despair for the human race, and you in particular.

madhatter
06-05-2017, 07:13 PM
This is the post you responded with that to. Not exactly a "barrage of abuse."

Lol ive been to told to get a life - think you going through this thread to get that is more indicative of that...

"some people like to moan" - rather than just say he didn't agree, I was lumped into a syndicate of people that differ from the norm and just moan at everything. Bit of a superiority complex as well.

think I can reinforce "barrage of abuse" claims more than you can deny it if you take a closer look through this thread...

Libby Hibby
06-05-2017, 07:16 PM

I never said you weren't a hibby.

Mr White
06-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Lol ive been to told to get a life - think you going through this thread to get that is more indicative of that...

"some people like to moan" - rather than just say he didn't agree, I was lumped into a syndicate of people that differ from the norm and just moan at everything. Bit of a superiority complex as well.

think I can reinforce "barrage of abuse" claims more than you can deny it if you take a closer look through this thread...
Ok. If you want to complain about anything you feel is inappropriate then please do use the report function. Dishing out abuse when someone disagrees with you then complaining when it comes back to you isn't really the best way to use this board.

madhatter
06-05-2017, 07:20 PM
I'm not responding to anyone else.

ive got no life, got no wife, need to boil my head, I'm not a Hibs fan, I've thrown toys from the pram, drama queen, I need to go do one and I actually cause people to fear for humanity. I'm just one of those people that moan regardless of circumstance and oh ridiculously and unacceptably called someone a muppet.

what a wonderful day, eh? Close the thread and delete my account. I'm done here.

Thecat23
06-05-2017, 07:21 PM
I thought the fans of both teams were fantastic today. St. Mirren brought the noisiest crowd I've seen all season.

As for the 8-10 folk who ran on, I'm sure Leeann didn't mind as players posed for pics. Sometimes emotions can get the better of you and the relaxed attitude of stewards proved Hibs must have expect a few on but it was nothing at all.

I think you are being very harsh but you are entitled to have an opinion. I suggest a nice glass of red and sit back and think of us playing top flight football next season. 👍🏼

Hibby70
06-05-2017, 07:22 PM
Oh dear. This is actually making me cringe. Someone close the thread, please.

hibbysam
06-05-2017, 07:22 PM

ive got no life, got no wife, need to boil my head, I'm not a Hibs fan, I've thrown toys from the pram, drama queen, I need to go do one and I actually cause people to fear for humanity. I'm just one of those people that moan regardless of circumstance and oh ridiculously and unacceptably called someone a muppet.

what a wonderful day, eh? Close the thread and delete my account. I'm done here.

Yee ****ing ha!

Mr White
06-05-2017, 07:23 PM

No problem, done.

DaveF
06-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Close the thread and delete my account. I'm done here.

Nah. Just don't login again, given the utter ***** you started here.

Pretty Boy
06-05-2017, 07:26 PM
I always used to hate the term 'only on hibs.net' but tonight I'm so close to using it.

A few kids, a handful or 2, ran onto the pitch to high 5, selfie with or hug their heroes (even if they aren't Messi, Bale or whoever else). No one was hurt, there was no violence, the lap of honour continued and no fans were in any way inconvencied yet it's worthy of 3 ****ing pages? Get a grip; it happened, the players and managers dealt with it well and nothing more will be heard about it. It's no wonder the tabaloids made such a fuss last May if some (one?) of our own gets so precious about absolutely nothing.