PDA

View Full Version : Tierney/ Mcginn

h18eeynick
06-05-2017, 09:12 AM
Daily Mail on BBC Sport Scotland saying that Chelsea are considering a bid of £17 million for Kierney. What does that do to the valuation of SJM ?

The Spaceman
06-05-2017, 09:15 AM
Excellent. £12m it is :aok:

CRAZYHIBBY
06-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Daily Mail on BBC Sport Scotland saying that Chelsea are considering a bid of £17 million for Kierney. What does that do to the valuation of SJM ?

Mcginn is worth 4.5 million at least plus add ons.....anyone at the club who entertains a 1.5 million bid should be slapped with a wet fish

Sauzee07
06-05-2017, 09:19 AM
£18m I'd have thought. :)

Bishop Hibee
06-05-2017, 09:20 AM
Tierney is a better left back than McGinn is a midfielder so far but the difference in price is ridiculous. A comparison would be £5m. I don't think we'll get that but bids from other clubs will push the price up to nearer £3m.

18Hibee75
06-05-2017, 09:39 AM
If Celtic really want him they will spend more than £1.5M. That bid doesn't only show the arrogance of them, it also shows that if they were to buy him he wouldn't be near their starting XI. Would be a very bad move for him I think.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

SMAXXA
06-05-2017, 09:47 AM
Irrelevant really as Chelsea will no danger value Tierny at 17m, wouldn't be anywhere near double figures. Does go to illustrate the sheer gulf In what Celtic players are rated compared to others, a lot of crap.

Captain Trips
06-05-2017, 09:51 AM
What happens is clubs down South treat us as easy marks and are to quick to accept any deals that appear ok.

Clubs down there sell somebody for £10m and come up here to replace with 1 or 2m

Pretty Boy
06-05-2017, 09:52 AM
Irrelevant really as Chelsea will no danger value Tierny at 17m, wouldn't be anywhere near double figures. Does go to illustrate the sheer gulf In what Celtic players are rated compared to others, a lot of crap.

Tierney will go for a lot of money. He's a class act and clubs in England have been happy to pay a premium for Celtic players in the recent past (£13M for Van Dijk, £12M for Wanyama, £6M for Ki, £10M for Forster).

£17M may be stretching it but Tierney will comfortably command double figures in the current market, deservedly so imo as his potential is huge.

bod
06-05-2017, 09:53 AM
What happens is clubs down South treat us as easy marks and are to quick to accept any deals that appear ok.

Clubs down there sell somebody for £10m and come up here to replace with 1 or 2m
But treble the players wages

MWHIBBIES
06-05-2017, 10:14 AM
McGinn is worth the most someone is willing to pay for him, the price of another player does not effect this.

makaveli1875
06-05-2017, 10:17 AM
McGinn is worth the most someone is willing to pay for him, the price of another player does not effect this.

Correct.

SMAXXA
06-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Tierney will go for a lot of money. He's a class act and clubs in England have been happy to pay a premium for Celtic players in the recent past (£13M for Van Dijk, £12M for Wanyama, £6M for Ki, £10M for Forster).

£17M may be stretching it but Tierney will comfortably command double figures in the current market, deservedly so imo as his potential is huge.

I think he's a really good player but he's nowhere near worth 10m+ no danger. He's a very good full back as was Andy Robertson, even if he had been at Celtic rather than Utd he wouldn't have gone for the money being quoted for Tierney.

Equally Mcginn and Cummings I'd expect to be valued around 2.5-3m imo would be surprised if we got more.

Captain Trips
06-05-2017, 10:23 AM
But treble the players wages

Nowt to do with wages it is for me been a piss take long enough up here that the Wolves and teams ofvthat ilk sell players whom had one good season for upwards of 10m then pop up here to replace withva pittance.

Unseen work
06-05-2017, 10:23 AM
Tierney is a fantastic young player especially when you consider that he is only 19 and has gained invaluable experience in the champions league etc.

Having a full back that can actually defend seems to be a thing of the past but he certainly can and seems to enjoy that side of the game.

He will go very very far and is one of the best Scottish youngsters in a long time imo.

Shrekko
06-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Tierney is easily the biggest talent produced in Scotland for years. In today's prices £17 million would be cheap but it really has no effect on what we'd get for McGinn. Celtic are a Champions League club.

lord bunberry
06-05-2017, 11:02 AM
Tierney is easily the biggest talent produced in Scotland for years. In today's prices £17 million would be cheap but it really has no effect on what we'd get for McGinn. Celtic are a Champions League club.
:agree: He is a superb young player and one that could be a big player for a top team down south. I'd rather he stayed in Scotland for another year though.
As for McGinn he isn't going to be worth anything like that, but worth a lot more than £1.5m.

neil7908
06-05-2017, 11:16 AM
The thing clubs down in England will be looking at, and what people don't seem to recognise on these threads about our players values vs Dembele, Tierney etc is that how they do in the domestic Scottish game isn't the main driver of price.

It's Champions League experience. That's why Dembele is quoted at £40m and Griffiths, who scored loads of goals in Scotland, isn't near the same price bracket.

2-3 good performances in the CL means more down in England than a whole season of good form domestically.

Scotland caps, winning cup competitions won't do a player like McGinn's value any harm but our game is not thought of of highly enough for that to add millions to his price.

Score some goals against Man City, Barcelona etc any you'll start seeing some serious interest from down south.

Mikey09
06-05-2017, 11:19 AM

Agree with it all of this. Tierney is an outstanding player. Modern full back who has a brilliant attitude and very grounded young lad.

lucky
06-05-2017, 11:39 AM
A lot Celtic fans believe he'll be like Paul McStay and never leave them. They say KT is a celt through and through and only wants to play for them but money talks in football now

HibsNutter
06-05-2017, 11:41 AM
:agree: He is a superb young player and one that could be a big player for a top team down south. I'd rather he stayed in Scotland for another year though.
As for McGinn he isn't going to be worth anything like that, but worth a lot more than £1.5m.

You would rather the team that should run away with our league keep one of their best players and help them become even stronger?

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-05-2017, 11:43 AM
What it does show is that with the money down South the teams from the middle of the Championship upwards would have £2 million kicking around as chicken feed.

Smartie
06-05-2017, 11:43 AM

Those players have all proven good value for the premium paid as well.

It's good that we're finally talking about a Scottish talent getting big move.

supermcginn
06-05-2017, 11:45 AM

Exactly, luke shaw went for 30 million after a few good games for southampton, Tierney has champions league and international experience he will cost more than 17m!

danhibees1875
06-05-2017, 05:03 PM
A lot Celtic fans believe he'll be like Paul McStay and never leave them. They say KT is a celt through and through and only wants to play for them but money talks in football now

The money point will be decisive. He could earn a good living that would set him up for life at Celtic I'm sure. But he could earn a heck of a lot more in England that would set him and his future family up for a while very very well.

I'd very surprised if an actual bid came in for that amount though. Crazy money.

Mibbes Aye
06-05-2017, 05:29 PM
Tierney is a great player and it's telling that he's been linked with clubs like Arsenal - the players Wenger gets linked to are always ones with solid technique. It's frustrating that we have such a good player in Andrew Robertson and now Tierney, essentially playing for the same position.

No point comparing his transfer price to SJM. Celtc are in a different place to us and by definition will get more money for a player, the same way we would get more money than a club at a level below us. That's how it goes.

Mcpakeisgod
06-05-2017, 05:46 PM
Tierney's a fantastic talent, as said by a previous poster, just Scotland's luck to have two strong players based in the same position, hope he goes south & does well, another year with Celtic in the champions league would be beneficial though .

Hibernia&Alba
06-05-2017, 05:49 PM
I don't think Tierney will leave for England just yet, but at some stage a big money move is likely. He looks a very good player.

calumhibee1
06-05-2017, 06:07 PM
Kieran Tierney would be worth every penny of £17m IMO He could sign for Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool and Man City in England and he'd start IMO - he's already a better LB than Monreal, Shaw, Rojo, Milner, Clichy and Kolarov. The only team in England he wouldn't start for would be Spurs or Chelsea, and even then I'm not sure he's any worse than the Chelsea left back.

SteveHFC
06-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Tierney's a fantastic talent, as said by a previous poster, just Scotland's luck to have two strong players based in the same position, hope he goes south & does well, another year with Celtic in the champions league would be beneficial though .

Tierney was excellent at right-back for Scotland against Slovenia a few weeks back. Would play him in the same position against England next month.

MWHIBBIES
06-05-2017, 06:33 PM
Kieran Tierney would be worth every penny of £17m IMO He could sign for Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool and Man City in England and he'd start IMO - he's already a better LB than Monreal, Shaw, Rojo, Milner, Clichy and Kolarov. The only team in England he wouldn't start for would be Spurs or Chelsea, and even then I'm not sure he's any worse than the Chelsea left back.He'll be better than those guys when he proves it, he is miles from that right now. I couldve played left back for Celtic this season.

Rojo has played in a world cup final ffs...

calumhibee1
06-05-2017, 07:01 PM
He'll be better than those guys when he proves it, he is miles from that right now. I couldve played left back for Celtic this season.

Rojo has played in a world cup final ffs...

I don't buy into this idea that you need to play in certain leagues to prove you're the best - if you're a better player then you're a better player regardless of where you play you're football. Players that play in England aren't automatically better than what's in Scotland just because they play down there and just being at one of these sides doesn't instantly make you good.

By the same token Fyssas for Hearts actually won and never just got to the final of a major international tournament yet he couldn't lace Tierneys boots.

lord bunberry
06-05-2017, 07:03 PM
You would rather the team that should run away with our league keep one of their best players and help them become even stronger?
I'm not worried about Celtic, they're pish :wink:

MWHIBBIES
06-05-2017, 07:10 PM
I don't buy into this idea that you need to play in certain leagues to prove you're the best - if you're a better player then you're a better player regardless of where you play you're football. Players that play in England aren't automatically better than what's in Scotland just because they play down there and just being at one of these sides doesn't instantly make you good.

By the same token Fyssas for Hearts actually won and never just got to the final of a major international tournament yet he couldn't lace Tierneys boots.Those guys (except Shaw) have played at the top for years, they are much better than a lad who has had a good season for Celtic in a poor league.

They were all creaming themselves over the Honduran left back a few years ago, Izaguitrre? saying he was better than Clichy etc. Naw, he wasnt.

Fryssas was also a very good player iirc

calumhibee1
06-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Those guys (except Shaw) have played at the top for years, they are much better than a lad who has had a good season for Celtic in a poor league.

They were all creaming themselves over the Honduran left back a few years ago, Izaguirre? saying he was better than Clichy etc. Naw, he wasnt.

We'll agree to disagree. Most times I watch Celtic he's the best player on the pitch, as he was when he played out of position for Scotland recently aswell.

Also, Tierney is another level from Izaguirre.

ekhibee
06-05-2017, 09:16 PM
We'll agree to disagree. Most times I watch Celtic he's the best player on the pitch, as he was when he played out of position for Scotland recently aswell.

Also, Tierney is another level from Izaguirre.
Yep, I agree with you totally. For somebody so young he's blended into the Celtic team effortlessly and he's a real talent. Very sensible young lad when I've heard him interviewed as well. IMO he won't stay at Celtic, but not sure if he'll move straight away. When he does move they'll get big bucks for him, there can be no doubt about that at all.

Is It On....
07-05-2017, 12:00 AM

Alan Hutton went for more than £10m 😂

lord bunberry
07-05-2017, 12:43 AM
Alan Hutton went for more than £10m 😂
And the spurs manager went soon after. Coincidence? I think not :greengrin

Is It On....
07-05-2017, 08:02 AM
And the spurs manager went soon after. Coincidence? I think not :greengrin

And then he went to Villa for about the same.Totally insane!!