PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SUPPORTERS ASKED TO STAY OFF THE PITCH

RSS Bot
06-05-2017, 08:30 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7530)

Hibs90
06-05-2017, 08:38 AM
:rolleyes:

JimBHibees
06-05-2017, 08:42 AM
Don't have any issue with the notice makes sense and no need to go on the pitch.

Keith_M
06-05-2017, 08:46 AM
:rolleyes:

The pitch = big green thing the players run about on.

Don't go on = stay in the stand and applaud the players from there

Why = because the club you support asked you to.

Fairly simple, I would have thought

oneone73
06-05-2017, 08:47 AM
Are we now the only club in Britain not allowed exuberance? How about Sheffield United, Brighton etc etc?

Iain G
06-05-2017, 08:52 AM
Are we now the only club in Britain not allowed exuberance? How about Sheffield United, Brighton etc etc?

Given what happened at Hampden any further incursion onto the pitch will land the club in hot water with the SFA.

Sensible for the club to ask supporters not to invade the pitch, don't see a problem with that? And why can't you be exuberant from your spot in the stand?! :agree:

Ryan91
06-05-2017, 08:53 AM
The tape and barriers will get a run out today, so let's get right behind them and give them our full supoort

oneone73
06-05-2017, 09:00 AM
Given what happened at Hampden any further incursion onto the pitch will land the club in hot water with the SFA.

Sensible for the club to ask supporters not to invade the pitch, don't see a problem with that? And why can't you be exuberant from your spot in the stand?! :agree:

I will be. I'm in the West Upper! My abseiling days are behind me.

Fuzzywuzzy
06-05-2017, 09:02 AM
You do realise it'll happen anyway. Like the pyros, club say don't bring/set them off, folk ignore it. I'd reckon there'll be a fair few folk tanked up as well. Nice day = early bevvy

Sir David Gray
06-05-2017, 09:07 AM
It's the St Mirren fans they'll need to worry about if they do enough to stay up.

les83
06-05-2017, 09:08 AM
Seems like a reasonable request from the club. Any pitch invasion would likely get us a fine. Surely people would rather our club finances went to players and not the Glasgow Football Association?

eastcoasthibby
06-05-2017, 09:09 AM
What is it with people that keep having to question the fact that going on the pitch is a big NO NO ...we won the league a couple of weeks ago and didn't do it then ..so why would anyone see the need to go on it today ..especially when we are and will be under massive scrutiny with the Hampden beaks and Scottish media dying to see us F&ck it up again ! Let's not give them the satisfaction, we can more then enjoy it from the stands ...good sing along, applaud the players, and management and show the class that we really have and have shown all season as supporters !!
Any numpties that decide to go on the pitch should get hammered and banned for years ..they know what's at stake ...this has the makings of a really enjoyable day ..let's make it just that in every way ....

CRAZYHIBBY
06-05-2017, 09:10 AM
They should get ring side girls to walk round with placards saying "stay off the pitch"

theonlywayisup
06-05-2017, 09:11 AM
Yes - the message is clear. Stay off the pitch.

Please remember that the St. Mirren players will want to say their 'goodbyes' to their support who will come through in numbers today. I hope the selfish act of a minority don't disrupt the enjoyment of the majority.

RoYO!
06-05-2017, 09:26 AM
Plus we've had weeks to come to terms with the fact that we are back and have done so as champions.

All talk of exuberance etc should go out the window.

It will also be the last time we see a number of legends in a hibs top. So yes. Stay behind the tape.. the formidable barrier it is :P

Bishop Hibee
06-05-2017, 09:36 AM
Have fans who make racist gestures and sing about hating people of a certain religion or glorify violence in a country that most of them won't have visited and face no sanctions.

Invade the pitch in jubilation as will happen all over the UK and face sanctions. Only in Scotland.

Pretty Boy
06-05-2017, 09:38 AM
A pitch invasion today would be cringeworthy in the extreme.

Running on the park in jubilation after a last minute winner in a cup that eluded us for upwards of a century is understandable. Running on the park after a dead rubber in a league that was won weeks ago would be attention seeking nonsense of the highest order.

Golden Bear
06-05-2017, 09:44 AM

Running on the park in jubilation after a last minute winner in a cup that eluded us for upwards of a century is understandable. Running on the park after a dead rubber in a league that was won weeks ago would be attention seeking nonsense of the highest order.

I'd agree, unfortunately the message doesn't seem to be getting thru to everyone.

Diclonius
06-05-2017, 09:48 AM
If St Mirren score a late equaliser to stay up, they'll be on the pitch for sure.

I wouldn't mind a light hearted pitch celebration with both sets of fans. The Huns aren't there so there'll be no violence.

Scouse Hibee
06-05-2017, 09:52 AM
To put it bluntly anyone that runs onto the pitch today is an erse.
Stay at your seat and enjoy the celebrations.

DarlingtonHibee
06-05-2017, 09:55 AM
No pitch invasion, no fireworks - end of.

eezyrider
06-05-2017, 09:58 AM
If St Mirren score a late equaliser to stay up, they'll be on the pitch for sure.

I wouldn't mind a light hearted pitch celebration with both sets of fans. The Huns aren't there so there'll be no violence.

Why will they? At this time if year teams score goals to keep themselves up and rarely have I seen a pitch invasion.

EZ

Sir David Gray
06-05-2017, 10:04 AM
Why will they? At this time if year teams score goals to keep themselves up and rarely have I seen a pitch invasion.

EZ

If St Mirren stay up today, I can see a number of them going on the pitch.

Eyrie
06-05-2017, 10:06 AM
But ... but ... but ...

I've paid my money to get in so I have the right to abuse our own players, let off smoke bombs/flares and run on the pitch any time I want!

Why should I be supportive of our team, considerate of others and act like a responsible adult?

jacomo
06-05-2017, 10:07 AM

It's ok, Rod is just making sure the club is ticking the boxes.

Fill your exuberant boots, people!

:wink:

Steve20
06-05-2017, 10:10 AM
There's no need to be on the pitch. The club is quite right with this.

southsider
06-05-2017, 10:12 AM
It's ok, Rod is just making sure the club is ticking the boxes.

Fill your exuberant boots, people!

:wink:
It's only the Championship for gods sake. Now if it had been the Scottish Cup.......

Col2
06-05-2017, 10:16 AM
No excuses. This is not like the cup final.

Just stay off the pitch. Don't spoil it for everyone else.

Dalianwanda
06-05-2017, 11:46 AM
Totally see why it happened at the cup final. Really don't see the benefit of doing it today? knowing that the club will get fined if it happens what does that say for anyone who does it's love for the club.

Rather than an act of raw emotion this time it would be an act of selfishness.

marinello59
06-05-2017, 12:27 PM

Spot on.
Should be a great celebration after the final whistle without it anyway.

06-05-2017, 01:08 PM
I'll be on the pitch should opportunity arise. Might as well take advantage of the fact Hibs will not be fined due to the lack of strict liability.

DarlingtonHibee
06-05-2017, 01:11 PM
I'll be on the pitch should opportunity arise. Might as well take advantage of the fact Hibs will not be fined due to the lack of strict liability.

Explain that one?

06-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Explain that one?

What one?

marinello59
06-05-2017, 01:31 PM

Seriously? Why? Most of us get the cup final one. But a pre-planned stroll around our own pitch whilst a serious number of kids are hoping to see the team parade a trophy?

DarlingtonHibee
06-05-2017, 01:32 PM
What one?

Despite the clubs instructions you were threatening to go on the pitch?

Pretty Boy
06-05-2017, 01:50 PM

What a hero.

Scouse Hibee
06-05-2017, 01:51 PM

If so read my previous post.

CapitalGreen
06-05-2017, 02:16 PM
Seriously? Why? Most of us get the cup final one. But a pre-planned stroll around our own pitch whilst a serious number of kids are hoping to see the team parade a trophy?

Parade the trophy then pitch invasion.

Was on the pitch as a kid in 1999, great day.

marinello59
06-05-2017, 03:17 PM
Parade the trophy then pitch invasion.

Was on the pitch as a kid in 1999, great day.

OK, that's my argument destroyed. See you on the centre spot, I'll bring the smoke bombs. :greengrin

ColinNish
06-05-2017, 03:20 PM
Kids from FF over the hoardings after the goal. Stewards useless. Its happening folks - whether you like it or not.

lucky
06-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Great atmosphere after the game. Now it's time to move on and become a force in Scottish football

DaveF
06-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Kids from FF over the hoardings after the goal. Stewards useless. Its happening folks - whether you like it or not.

Bar half a dozen bairns, nothing happened so dry yer eyes.

Pete
06-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Hearts have came up with a good way to stop this.

Anyone who invades the pitch at Tynecastle will be offered a contract.

SMAXXA
06-05-2017, 04:53 PM

They would charge you for the privilege

iwasthere1972
06-05-2017, 05:15 PM

Don't forget the breakfast roll.