PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Champions Match Day Thread Fur Trivia ,Travel Weather Breakie etc

Ronniekirk
06-05-2017, 07:06 AM
Havent seen one of these for a while , so last game of season, and here goes .
Weather ,Sunshine on Leith ,and everywhere else by the looks of it Couldnt ask for better Pitch should be in good nick .
Herbal Tea with Aniseed and Fennell to soothe the diccky tummy .Heading through early so Breafast down the Grassmarket somewhere.
Staying overnight in Edinburgh so making a Day of it with the wife ,to sosk up the Rays ,have a wee wander about old haunts ,and a few pre and post match drinks to soak up the Atmosphere
Nothing at Stake but Pride . I know some folk are just glad to be getting out this league after three years ,but for me i want the support to get behind the Team today and show our appreciation for ,yes that Scottish Cup Win ( possibly the last big Occassion to Celebrate that one last time ) ,and to thank the Team for restoring us back to whete we belong .
The horrendous conditions at that Cowdenbeath game get a wee mention, , only because i never want to experience that again , Drookit in Fife .
Hopefully the Atmosphere spurs the players on ,as St Mirren i think will come for the win and have been scoring Goals , so looking for us to Match them 3 3. Is a possibility and may have a wee flutter on that
No more Dot Counting for a while ,
On the Political Front the Tories took a Seat in Ferguslie Park in Paisley As Bob Dylan said The Times They Are a Changing and for the Hibees under Leeann s Shrewd and Astute Leadership ,with Winner Lenny at the Helm ,we have more than Persevered ,we are now back and Flourishing ,embedding our Club firmly at the Heart of The Community ,and building for the Future .
Lets Celebrate the past achievements ,and look forward with optimism ,and if it is a few players last Apperance , lets give the Guys a Resounding send off .
Moan The Hibees , havent been this Excited about an end of Season game in a long time ,and havent missed one since i started supporting the Club 50 plus years ago
🏆🏆🏆

Pretty Boy
06-05-2017, 07:11 AM
Black coffee and 2 buttered crumpets just been enjoyed. Off to pick up new mats for the car then out for a run in the sun.

Staying off the bevvy for a few weeks so no pre or post game pints. Will head along earlyish to hopefully enjoy a carnival atmosphere. Think it will be an enjoyable day as St Mirren fans will make a lot of noise and they'll be well up for it. Whilst I hope we beat them I also hope other results go their way and they stay up.

A good chance to say goodbye to a few in this team, a chance to finally say goodbye to this league and a time to look forward to (hopefully) never being in it again. Exciting times to be a Hibs fan and the hard work starts all over again as soon as the final whistle blows today.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Pedantic_Hibee
06-05-2017, 07:21 AM
Just tucked away a full Scottish breakfast consisting of a big cup of coffee and two cigarettes.

Today's attire is yet to be formalised however casual would seem to be the order of the day.

Plans are centred on a 12pm exit from Ormiston heading down to Limelite at Meadowbank to quaff a couple of pints with my old boy. Collecting my niece circa 2pm and meeting up with my mate and his laddie to go the game.

Hopefully nice weather, a good game, a resounding victory and safety assured for St Mirren as I don't mind them at all.

Post-match will be a quiet evening with a takeaway and finishing off the evening with a couple of neat Glenmorangies whilst sprawled out on the sofa watching what the wife's watching on the telly!

Eyrie
06-05-2017, 09:48 AM
Coffee and toast for breakfast, then leave about 1pm.

Standard dress of classic 50s Hibs shirt.

Post-game it's head home and watch the recording of the rugby.

mim
06-05-2017, 10:03 AM
Heading from Fife to the Limelite to meet my brother in law (Can you have an ex-brother in law??). On the Forth Road Bridge just now. Limelite for 12.15 😁

Ricky Bobby
06-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Just setting of for a couple of pints in the local before catching the train through to Waverley. A couple more in Robbies before the game. then some of Easter Roads finest cuisine to soak it up.

Enjoy the game everyone and hopefully see you all at Easter road next season.

Newcastlehibby
06-05-2017, 11:02 AM
Sitting in Newcastle railway station waiting for the 12.36.
Have checked my wallet for my ticket several times.
Looking forward to a full house and a great day.
Possibly several small refreshments prior to
The train home.

Albanian Hibs
06-05-2017, 11:04 AM
Was out last night so just had a banana, some Golden Cross bacon tasties and a bottle of revive vitamin water. Considering a can of Bulmers as I can feel the hangover starting.

KazHibby
06-05-2017, 11:21 AM
A continental breakfast and now a few Milan craft beers in various watering holes in Navigli, back to hotel bar to watch hibs tv. Weather here is overcast and spitting it doon.
GGTTH

Mantis Toboggan
06-05-2017, 01:20 PM
A continental breakfast and now a few Milan craft beers in various watering holes in Navigli, back to hotel bar to watch hibs tv. Weather here is overcast and spitting it doon.
GGTTH

Ideal conditions in Leith.
Honking down some Punk IPA presently.
Will be avoiding the carnage of the last ever Behind The Goals later in favour of some of Belgium's finest at 6 degrees north.
No colours today, apart from some purple sunglasses. Possibly look a dick in them.

KazHibby
06-05-2017, 06:04 PM
Managed to get a load of Punk at the local Carrefour although there is a reasonable beer available here - one particular from Milan goes by the label 32