PDA

View Full Version : unique song

linlithgowhibbie
06-05-2017, 12:32 AM
Is the "Hibs Hibs" song unique? There aren't many unique songs so should we be proud of it? I Think so.

cabbageandribs1875
06-05-2017, 12:39 AM
my mates and i were signing that in the late 70's early 80's, it just never took off back then :greengrin

SanFranHibs
06-05-2017, 12:40 AM
Is the "Hibs Hibs" song unique? There aren't many unique songs so should we be proud of it? I Think so.

No, I think Dion done it first :wink:

Not proud....just enjoy it.

I am waiting for Sauzee to get back to ER and I will try and start The Vengaboys 'Brazil' to Sauzee....oooh la... la la la la la la la la ...oooh la la la la la la la, oooh la la la la la la la laaaa Sauzee...Sauzee.

Much better than 'One Sauzee, there's only one Sauzee'. A little bit of flair for our Gallic hero.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-05-2017, 05:44 AM
my mates and i were signing that in the late 70's early 80's, it just never took off back then :greengrin

I heard that after the Achei the goalbuster goal at Tynie - "Hibs Hibs on the bevy with the Hibs Hibs" after the terraces sang "singing in the rain." There was a afro-carribean guy singing it - was that you guys? Often wondered what happened to him was the first time I'd seen a sign of wider diversity in the support - change day's now and we're all the better for it.

H18 SFR
06-05-2017, 06:27 AM
I heard that after the Achei the goalbuster goal at Tynie - "Hibs Hibs on the bevy with the Hibs Hibs" after the terraces sang "singing in the rain." There was a afro-carribean guy singing it - was that you guys? Often wondered what happened to him was the first time I'd seen a sign of wider diversity in the support - change day's now and we're all the better for it.

I love the fact that our support base is becoming more diverse.

Phil MaGlass
06-05-2017, 06:30 AM
I love the fact that our support base is becoming more diverse.

aye, we even let women in now:greengrin

Hakim Sar
06-05-2017, 10:31 AM
Not a massive fan of stealing songs from other teams but the man city inspiral carpets kun aguero song is very catchy. Unfortunately Celtic have been singing 10 in a row to this tune... but I kinda laughed when I made up :

We are the Edinburgh Hibees
From the Leith San Siro
Burridge - Mitchell - Hunter
Tortolano Tortolano!

yonder1875
06-05-2017, 10:34 AM
When we drew 1-1 at EEP not so long ago, I'm convinced the Dunfermline fans were signing our Runaround sue number. But replacing Hibs with Pars.. anyone else hear this?

Niffy
06-05-2017, 10:34 AM

Same , a car of us driven by Kevin Anderson had songs like that to every game back in the mid/late 80's

SouthMoroccoStu
06-05-2017, 12:01 PM
Sunshine on leith?

06-05-2017, 12:19 PM
When we drew 1-1 at EEP not so long ago, I'm convinced the Dunfermline fans were signing our Runaround sue number. But replacing Hibs with Pars.. anyone else hear this?

Yeah I heard that. Pars pars etc

Bizarre