PDA

View Full Version : Who will we see wearing a Hibs strip for the final time tomorrow?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2017, 09:11 PM
I fear it may be the end for SDG, SJM and Cummings. Maybe a few others too, but they are easier to than JC and McGinn.

Dibben
05-05-2017, 09:14 PM
Hopefully no-one - but realistically:

Keatings
Fyvie
Graham
Holt

houstonhibbee
05-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Graham and Holt

ancient hibee
05-05-2017, 09:19 PM
Marciano

Ambrose

Shinnie

Hibbyradge
05-05-2017, 09:21 PM
Me.

The Spaceman
05-05-2017, 10:53 PM
Sad to think tomorrow will see (potentially) a number of our heroes bowing out after what has been my favourite 3 seasons following Hibs. Such a rollercoaster which culminated in us winning the Holy Grail. Really really hope its not the last we see of SDG. Want to say the same for McGinn, Cummings, Keatings, Fyvie, McGregor...fear that won't be the case.

Whatever happens this summer, these players deserve one hell of a cheer tomorrow :hibees

Billychaotic182
05-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Fyvie
Gray
Shinnie
Harris
Humphrys

Although I'd probably like to keep them all even if Alex

houstonhibbee
06-05-2017, 12:29 AM
Fyvie
Gray
Shinnie
Harris
Humphrys

Although I'd probably like to keep them all even if Alex
What about humphrey? :greengrin

Why does everyone think FF will leave?

CMurdoch
06-05-2017, 12:36 AM

Contract up and he may be hacked off with not being a first pick.
Hope he stays. We will struggle to recruit better.

hfc rd
06-05-2017, 12:55 AM
I hope the likes of Gray, Fyvie, McGinn, Cummings stay but whatever happens in the summer, which is always unpredictable, I hope we all give these legends a great send off in case it is the last time we see them in a Hibs shirt.

Borderhibbie76
06-05-2017, 04:20 AM
Jeezo this is depressing...some posters have got the whole squad away...I don't think so...McGregor will deffo be here next season for starters

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

marinello59
06-05-2017, 05:29 AM
Sunshine the Leith Lynx is surely at the end of his Hibs career. He's been living on past glories for a while now, time to move him on.

Jones28
06-05-2017, 05:43 AM
The rumours about SDG haven't been great. Also got a funny feelings we will sell Cummings.

Onion
06-05-2017, 05:56 AM
Think our whole strikeforce will go - Holt, Graham (couldn't score against Champ defences), Cummings (worth £1.8M and wants away) and Keatings (super-sub). Use the money to bring in a couple of season Prem goal-scorers.

SJM might go if we're offered decent money (c £3M+), but not the £1.5M deposit that Celtic are offering. If I remember rightly, the Bigots did the same when they came in for Scott Brown offering us c £1-1.5M but eventually stumping up a more realistic £4M once Petrie brought them to their senses. Brown has been an outstanding servant and captain for that club, so they knew what they were getting. Same applies to SJM. Sell him cheap, and shame on Hibs. Hope he goes down South.

Hope SDG stays.

Wee Effen Bee
06-05-2017, 06:14 AM
*Warning: sexist but satirical comment alert following. Please do not read if you are under 14 or have difficulty understanding satire:

I hope it's not the buxom young lady sitting two rows down from me. Boom boom tish...

hfc-1875
06-05-2017, 06:14 AM
Unfortunately I think a fair few, Marciano, ambrose, shinnie, graham, keatings. And possibly either of holt, Cummings and mcginn too.

Ronniekirk
06-05-2017, 06:30 AM

He is ambitious and hasn't been first pick If he gets an offer which is better than whats on the table just now from decent club he may wanto keep options open
Its going to be a fine balancing act of probably having to up some offers already made to key players to tempt them to stick with us ,while at the same time trying to bring in quality players to match Lennon's ambition to make us Second Best Team
Realistically after three years in the Championship we will struggle to Financially Fund that and so some players he wants to keep may have to be allowed to leave to hopefully strengthen the squad to achieve Second But some wheeling and dealing will be needed thats for certain
Interesting Pre Season thats for sure Looking Forward to it
So all those still to renew Season Tickets can play their part in helping Lennon Achieve his Goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
06-05-2017, 06:41 AM
Contract up and he may be hacked off with not being a first pick.
Hope he stays. We will struggle to recruit better.

This annoys the he'll out of me, it's up to him to make sure he's a 1st pick in the team, not to assume it's a guarantee.

Borderhibbie76
06-05-2017, 07:22 AM
Unfortunately I think a fair few, Marciano, ambrose, shinnie, graham, keatings. And possibly either of holt, Cummings and mcginn too.
Every chance Rocky and Ambrose will be here next season...more chance of rocky imo...try not to be so pessimistic mate

Borderhibbie76
06-05-2017, 07:23 AM
This is turning into a real slash your wrists thread ffs it's meant to be a party day!! Why are some posters having our whole squad sold or leaving?? I hope Dempster and Lennon aren't as pessimistic as some on here FFS

marinello59
06-05-2017, 07:27 AM
This is turning into a real slash your wrists thread ffs it's meant to be a party day!! Why are some posters having our whole squad sold or leaving?? I hope Dempster and Lennon aren't as pessimistic as some on here FFS

Dempster and Lennon are leaving as well. The only person who will survive the summer purge is Tam McCourt.

Borderhibbie76
06-05-2017, 07:29 AM
Dempster and Lennon are leaving as well. The only person who will survive the summer purge is Tam McCourt.
No bloody getting rid of him is there 😜

06-05-2017, 07:30 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/two-up-from-championship-predicts-hibs-jordon-forster-1-4438510

I see from end of this article Jason has missed training due to illness. Was back on Thursday and a late decision will be made on him playing. Hopefully he's not had his last game for us already.

My_Wife_Camille
06-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Shinnie hopefully

eastcoasthibby
06-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Keatings
SDG
SJM
Graham
Ambrose
Humphrey

Its not a doom n gloom thread its peoples thoughts and today will be a party ....its been a difficult 3 seasons for fans, players and management, ...

makaveli1875
06-05-2017, 07:53 AM
humphrey
graham
harris
fyvie
SJM
Rocky

Will be gutted if Rocky goes . A decent transfer fee will soften the blow of losing SJM . The rest wont be hard to replace with better quality players

Brubble1875
06-05-2017, 08:29 AM
Marciano
Ambrose, McClean, Forster, Fontaine
Fyvie, Shinnie, Humphrey, Harris, Stanton, Handling
Holt, Graham
and possibly Keatings & Bartley

Ringothedog
06-05-2017, 08:31 AM
This is a really weird thread, most of the current first team squad have been offered contracts, if any player wants to leave because they cannot be guaranteed a place in the team then imo they should leave. Your place in any team is guaranteed by putting in good performances week in week out, not by asking for something that is impossible to give . If it's down to money then good on them for getting more at another club. All the players should realise that if they leave us then in reality their next club will be a step down.

Sir David Gray
06-05-2017, 09:15 AM
If this is the last time that I'll see David Gray in a Hibs shirt then I just have one thing to say to him - thank you.

Thank you for playing a major part in the best day of my life. That goal, that game, that entire weekend was simply wonderful and the memories of it all will live with me for the rest of my life.

Your legendary status within this great club is secured forever more and just like Reilly, Smith, Ormond, Johnstone, Turnbull and Baker you will be remembered as a Hibs hero long after you have departed this Earth.

David Gray - I salute you sir.

Borderhibbie76
06-05-2017, 09:17 AM
This is a really weird thread, most of the current first team squad have been offered contracts, if any player wants to leave because they cannot be guaranteed a place in the team then imo they should leave. Your place in any team is guaranteed by putting in good performances week in week out, not by asking for something that is impossible to give . If it's down to money then good on them for getting more at another club. All the players should realise that if they leave us then in reality their next club will be a step down.

100% agree and glad am not the only one finding this all a bit weird

Billychaotic182
06-05-2017, 09:57 AM
100% agree and glad am not the only one finding this all a bit weird

I can't understand why people think this is weird? The OP is asking if we think some players might be playing their last game. We know they have all been offered new deals so we are guessing who might fancy a change or perhaps have something else on offer, or even loan players who we might not get back. Like most threads on here we are guessing based on snippets of information. There is nothing wrong by wondering if it's gonna be someone's last game. What would be strange is people saying I hope so and so never plays for us again. That would be out of order

Billychaotic182
06-05-2017, 09:58 AM

Apologies for the spelling error. I mix of stupid iPhones and Dyslexia loll

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-05-2017, 11:50 AM
Big difference between the players who want to stay and also who the manager would like to keep. Whoever stays or goes or comes in I think that the more important bit is to get it all done as soon as possible and get the first team playing in a properly structured preseason. Even if that means starting contracts early. Hopefully we will see the end of last ditch signings who find their feet in league games.

Pretty Boy
06-05-2017, 11:56 AM
Let's be honest if we want to be up at the top end of the Premiership next season then that means bringing in new faces. To do that we need to move current players on.

It always amazes me that no one ever seems to want to see anyone leave. Even when we were utter pish and spiralling towards relegation any thread suggesting a player should leave was met with howls of protest. This team has served us well to varying extents but there's 6 or 7 I'd be desperate to keep, most of the rest I'd thank them for their efforts and wish them well.