PDA

View Full Version : Enjoyable moments from season 2016/17

theonlywayisup
05-05-2017, 08:37 PM
So what's been your enjoyable moments from the 2016/17season watching Hibs.

Funniest moment - could be at a game or on the way to/from a game
Best song / chant at a Hibs game
Most memorable goal
Most memorable game

Anything else?

yonder1875
05-05-2017, 08:43 PM
Funniest - Holt's celebration against Hearts.
Best song - Runaround Sue.
Memorable goal - McGinn vs Dundee Utd just topped off a great night.
Most memorable game - Hearts at home.

wearethehibs
05-05-2017, 09:00 PM
Funniest moment has to be the stewards putting out the "barriers" to stop a pitch invasion v QOTS

05-05-2017, 09:09 PM
Funniest moment has to be the stewards putting out the "barriers" to stop a pitch invasion v QOTS

This and when Holt came on for Graham at East End Park. Dunfermline fans were singing get your tits out for the lads so he coyly gave them a wee flash.

Dashing Bob S
05-05-2017, 09:10 PM
Hearts getting rode in the cup again

SteveHFC
05-05-2017, 09:15 PM

They'll do the same tomorrow. :greengrin

weecounty hibby
05-05-2017, 09:20 PM
Overall - pumping hearts
League - Keats last minute winner against Houston's hammer throwers
Goal - McGinn v Utd. Great moment and in a crucial game
Funniest - stewards at QOTS game
Worst moment - actually lasted about 30 mins at Hampden

ehf
05-05-2017, 09:21 PM
In terms of the best moment, Shinnie scoring the third against Hearts comes a close second but for me it has to be Keatings's last gasp winner against Falkirk; I think we all knew then that the three year exile from the top table was at an end.

The game i most enjoyed was Bonnyrigg Rose at the PBS.

truehibernian
05-05-2017, 09:35 PM
Speaking to Don Cowie (decent bloke) saying he's never been hit as hard in his career as hard as Darren hit him at Tynie :greengrin

05-05-2017, 09:52 PM
Speaking to Don Cowie (decent bloke) saying he's never been hit as hard in his career as hard as Darren hit him at Tynie :greengrin

It was just a good old fashioned body check.

truehibernian
05-05-2017, 09:56 PM
It was just a good old fashioned body check.

To be fair, he wasn't complaining about Darren, more the fact he was still on strong painkillers at the replay - and agreed, fair challenge :greengrin

Babyshamble
05-05-2017, 09:57 PM
Here we go 2 in row at the cup game underneath the stand at Tynie.fisrt time I heard the song.brilliant 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Hibs90
05-05-2017, 10:01 PM
Funniest moment - Houstons expression at Tannadice when the fans were giving him dogs abuse
Best song / chant at a Hibs game - HWG2IAR
Most memorable goal - Keats v Falkrik
Most memorable game - Gotta be the destruction of the yams

05-05-2017, 10:05 PM
To be fair, he wasn't complaining about Darren, more the fact he was still on strong painkillers at the replay - and agreed, fair challenge :greengrin

Fair play to him then. I bet if it had been one of their overseas players it'd happened to he'd still be greetin' about it.

monktonharp
05-05-2017, 10:59 PM
So what's been your enjoyable moments from the 2016/17season watching Hibs.

Funniest moment - could be at a game or on the way to/from a game
Best song / chant at a Hibs game
Most memorable goal
Most memorable game

Anything else?in reverse, best game against the gorgie mob, 3 nil going on 5. (was in hospitality that night, very enjoyable:greengrin) SJM goal at Tannadice, We've got Mc Ginn-super JMc G etc. QotS barrier was funny or actually silly. but, to be perfectly honest , Afew years ago I felt that we had lost our soul, or our way of supporting the team(s) vocally as their was not any decent songs other than Hibees. ! I take my hat off to the young team, and the laddie with the drum!!!! they have produced some great songs and banter to support our team home and away so well done lads.the songs at the gorgie games have been priceless. :hibees

theonlywayisup
06-05-2017, 09:07 AM
My "Proud to be a Hibs fan moment" was during the final three minutes of the Cup Semi. The support that the team got from the Hibs fans that day was fantastic. Had that been any other team, you wouldn't have heard a cheep from them.

Proud to be a Hibee!

hfc rd
06-05-2017, 10:02 AM
Funniest - QOTS game when we sealed the title and the stewards were putting up the barriers and tape in case of a pitch invasion. Chants of "what the f****** hell is that" certainly made a few around us giggle

Best song/chant - Hibs version of Runaround Sue

Memorable Goal - Keatings last minute curler from the edge of the box against Falkirk. When the FT whistle blew in that game I think we all knew this was finally going to be the year

Memorable Game - Hearts at ER, love it when we beat them but in the manner we did that night was an absolute pleasure to watch

SuperAllyMcleod
06-05-2017, 10:02 AM
in reverse, best game against the gorgie mob, 3 nil going on 5. (was in hospitality that night, very enjoyable:greengrin) SJM goal at Tannadice, We've got Mc Ginn-super JMc G etc. QotS barrier was funny or actually silly. but, to be perfectly honest , Afew years ago I felt that we had lost our soul, or our way of supporting the team(s) vocally as their was not any decent songs other than Hibees. ! I take my hat off to the young team, and the laddie with the drum!!!! they have produced some great songs and banter to support our team home and away so well done lads.the songs at the gorgie games have been priceless. :hibees

SJM didn't score at Tanadice - we lost 1-0 and then won 1-0 thanks to Jason scoring and getting sent off?

Hibs1969
06-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Fave Song - Hibs, Hibs at Hampden (and at my son's wedding in Thailand 🇹🇭)
Fave Match - Hearts @ ER when we pumped them. Great performance
Fave Goal - Brian Graham's v Morton followed by Keatings' v Falkirk
Fave away day - The December match at Tannadice. Even though we lost the atmosphere and
for the team was outstanding.
Fave moment- when the full time whistle blew at Falkirk on the day we beat QoS to end our 3 year exile.