PDA

View Full Version : Hearts at it again with their fans..

Hibby soldier
05-05-2017, 06:09 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-fans-hold-tribute-day-for-tynecastle-s-main-stand-1-4438424

Leith Green
05-05-2017, 06:13 PM
Seriously strapped for cash without any doubt

SouthMoroccoStu
05-05-2017, 06:14 PM
On the 21st of May......

I can think of better party happening that day

HFCdeb
05-05-2017, 06:18 PM
Charging them £25 to watch Celtc horse them from the comfort of Gorgie 😂😂😂

adhibs
05-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Can see the broadcast of an away game at parkhead ruining the party.

Stantons Angel
05-05-2017, 06:19 PM
I remember when Hibs pulled down the old main stand to start work on the new west stand are.

We had fireworks and music on a cold evening but i cant recall paying for the privilege?

Pete
05-05-2017, 06:21 PM

They'll get a bacon roll too. Maybe a slice and egg doubler if they're lucky.

Pete
05-05-2017, 06:22 PM
I remember when Hibs pulled down the old main stand to start work on the new west stand are.

We had fireworks and music on a cold evening but i cant recall paying for the privilege?

I can't recall bingo or raffles to pay for the thing either.

SquashedFrogg
05-05-2017, 06:25 PM

I love how wee teams have fundraisers. They'll have players parents paying 'subs' next haha

Bacon roll, watch yer team get pumped and one final chance to guarantee asbestosis in later life = £25 :aok:

I love the yams so much :agree:

HFCdeb
05-05-2017, 06:25 PM
You have to hand it to old mother Budge though, she's doing a grand job of distracting them from the shambles on the pitch with all this sh*te.

HFCdeb
05-05-2017, 06:27 PM
I love how wee teams have fundraisers. They'll have players parents paying 'subs' next haha

Bacon roll, watch yer team get pumped and one final chance to guarantee asbestosis in later life = £25 :aok:

I love the yams so much :agree:

That is basically the offer hahaha. Jambos = the ultimate mug punters.

Dibben
05-05-2017, 06:28 PM
They'll get a bacon roll too. Maybe a slice and egg doubler if they're lucky.

Nah - you need to buy the £30 ticket to get the breakfast doubler roll!!

silverhibee
05-05-2017, 06:29 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-fans-hold-tribute-day-for-tynecastle-s-main-stand-1-4438424

A breakfast roll :confused:

Bingo :faf:

:lolyam:

Skol
05-05-2017, 06:31 PM
Get them in
Take their cash
Feed them
Sell them bevvie, get them blootered
Get horsed by Celtic
Cancel the JCBs, the natives will dismatle the old ramshackle bare handed

lyonhibs
05-05-2017, 06:32 PM
£25 for a bacon roll and to watch a game that's on Zitelli and they'll get ridden in.

Am I missing something ?

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2017, 06:34 PM
£25 for a bacon roll and to watch a game that's on Zitelli and they'll get ridden in.

Am I missing something ?

Aye, the fact you have a brain and can't be hoodwinked. They are actually exploiting vulnerable people, like those companies that sell double glazing to the elderly.

SquashedFrogg
05-05-2017, 06:35 PM

Am I missing something ?

Keeps them off the streets and away from the general public/children/wives. A small price to pay in my book.

alhibby
05-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Sadly i've got a couple of mates ? that will fall for this and be first in the queue, but this proves they really are struggling to raise the cash, and its about time they came out and told the truth about the shortfall

truehibernian
05-05-2017, 06:37 PM
This really is tragic :faf:

The same day Ann Budge says they will compete on and off the park to be better than Hibs........don't know if we can compete against a black pudding roll and foxy bingo Ann :faf::faf::faf::faf:

Hearts are the gift that just keeps on giving :aok: seriously rooked unless she empties her purse again :agree:

high bee
05-05-2017, 06:40 PM

They've gone all out, the referee from the final of the 98 cup win will be there.

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2017, 06:41 PM
This really is tragic :faf:

The same day Ann Budge says they will compete on and off the park to be better than Hibs........don't know if we can compete against a black pudding roll and foxy bingo Ann :faf::faf::faf::faf:

Hearts are the gift that just keeps on giving :aok: seriously rooked unless she empties her purse again :agree:

Did she? This could be her 'for every fiver Celtic spend, we'll spend a tenner' moment.

Dibben
05-05-2017, 06:43 PM
Did she? This could be her 'for every fiver Celtic spend, we'll spend a tenner' moment.

'For every sausage Hibs buy, we'll buy 2...'

#BigTeam

iwasthere1972
05-05-2017, 06:44 PM
Knowing that lot they'll no doubt get rid of all the number 62 and 07 bingo balls and order some extra number 15 balls.

Seriously, £25 for a roll containing the cheapest of sausages or bacon, a wee game of bingo, a raffle for a Rudi shirt and big screens showing their hammer throwers getting skelped at Celtic Park.

A bargain.

Hearts. Ripping off their fans since 1874.

Skol
05-05-2017, 06:47 PM
Willie Young FFS......

They could at least have got medals Mackay in to talk about the day he lifted the cup.

Or Levein to tell us how he rose from his sick bed to marshall the defence and keep a clean sheet when Hearts famously won the league

WoreTheGreen
05-05-2017, 06:49 PM

#BigTeam

Skinless and potless mugging the fools off

truehibernian
05-05-2017, 06:51 PM

She didn't say 'Hibs' right enough, she said best team in Edinburgh........even Civil Service Strollers are above them in the breakfast roll and raffle department.

On a serious note (as I splutter), they must be really toiling for cash for this stand.......I wonder if they had budgeted for it using some money from a Paterson / Nicolson sale........:cb

The cash isn't even there to kit out the hospitality suites I'm hearing (until much later into next year), it'll literally open with just seats and nothing much else within it. Plus the £300,000 unexpected pitch outlay would have hurt them (well I know it did :greengrin)

PeeKay
05-05-2017, 06:51 PM

Budge finally admitting that Hibs set the standard that Hearts judge themselves against.

tamig
05-05-2017, 06:56 PM
How are these "initiatives" reveived on kickback? Is it with gushing pride or are some of them getting wise to the reality of the situation?

truehibernian
05-05-2017, 07:00 PM
How are these "initiatives" reveived on kickback? Is it with gushing pride or are some of them getting wise to the reality of the situation?

They'll probably start a poll asking what they all want in their roll :greengrin

Jack
05-05-2017, 07:01 PM
For live broadcast read periscope!

iwasthere1972
Anybody know what the maximum number of fans will be that can be squeezed into the Gorgie Suite?

Can't for one minute imagine that this will be a big money earner and will just be a drop in the ocean towards the extra bits that they need to buy to attach to the girder that's already in place. They would be well advised to put the Queen Victoria Stand into storage in case it's needed.

Skol
A breakfast roll could be cornflakes (tesco value) on a roll

truehibernian
05-05-2017, 07:04 PM
Anybody know what the maximum number of fans will be that can be squeezed into the Gorgie Suite?

Can't for one minute imagine that this will be a big money earner and will just be a drop in the ocean towards the extra bits that they need to buy to attach to the girder that's already in place. They would be well advised to put the Queen Victoria Stand into storage in case it's needed.

Depends if Rudi turns up, if so, only around 3 due to the enormous proboscis and required turning circle when he turns his head :aok:

iwasthere1972
They'll probably start a poll asking what they all want in their roll :greengrin

They'll take whatever Budge says they're having.

WoreTheGreen
They better order a extra calor gas

Pretty Boy
05-05-2017, 07:05 PM
How desperate.

£25 for a bacon roll and Scott Wilson making hollow jokes about Hibs all afternoon. Wonder if they will sell enough tickets to pay Rudolf 'I really love Hearts, honest' Skacels appearance fee. Sign me up.

blackpoolhibs
05-05-2017, 07:07 PM
Could they not just release some shares in a cash only option, i'm sure they'd raise a decent amount doing that?

I'm surprised nobody has even thought of this?

Keith_M
05-05-2017, 07:10 PM
Surely the Early of Rosebery will be hosting proceedings so they can doff their caps to their betters and revel in their single-handedly winning the first world war.

https://a.wattpad.com/cover/89832426-352-k73254.jpg

ACLeith
05-05-2017, 07:10 PM
The STV Piece tonight, said of a total if £12M the fans have contributed more than half and mentioned £3M from FoH.

I might have picked them up wrong but if they did say that then either Cathro's EXCEL formula needs looked at or non FoH fans have already given at least £3.000001M

They also mentioned the hospitality facilities that are up front rather than scheduled for "phase 2, no timescale given"

tamig
05-05-2017, 07:11 PM
Could they not just release some shares in a cash only option, i'm sure they'd raise a decent amount doing that?

I'm surprised nobody has even thought of this?

I wonder if they'd get a special certificate in return?

SquashedFrogg
05-05-2017, 07:13 PM

:faf:

blackpoolhibs
05-05-2017, 07:14 PM

Cathro could knock one up in seconds.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-05-2017, 07:17 PM
If I had to pay £25 for a fat roll it would need to be Robbo doon the stairs.

Deansy
05-05-2017, 07:22 PM
The Hearts board are simply doing what previous Hearts boards have done for years - except this time the 'Mug Punter' is their own fans and NOT local-businesses, charities, Lithanian-pensioners, HMRC etc, etc. In other words, the Hearts board is just sticking to what it does best - taking money with no intention whatsoever of paying it back. It's what they do best so they're just playing to their strengths !

Skol
05-05-2017, 07:28 PM
How desperate.

£25 for a bacon roll and Scott Wilson making hollow jokes about Hibs all afternoon. Wonder if they will sell enough tickets to pay Rudolf 'I really love Hearts, honest' Skacels appearance fee. Sign me up.

Despite the empty tables at the front he will be claiming yet another Tynecastle sell out

Stantons Angel
05-05-2017, 07:29 PM
I can't recall bingo or raffles to pay for the thing either.
No neither do i! Its really cringeworthy stuff and really embarassing too.!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Skol
05-05-2017, 07:31 PM
Its like one of these mad cults where they take 45% of your income in return for a guaranteed seat in the wongadome when hearts parade the Champions League trophy

Dibben
05-05-2017, 07:37 PM

Aldo
05-05-2017, 07:48 PM
Thing is though they still don't get it! The begging bowl is out yet again! Budgie is taking every opportunity to make a few bob by fleecing that gullible lot once again!

Bunch of total and utter halfwitts

GreenLake
05-05-2017, 07:52 PM
Football clubs do fundraising events for charity not themselves.

Hearts rob charities then do fundraising events for the benefit of themselves.

renato
05-05-2017, 07:53 PM

Aye, handwritten by Potter no less...

:greengrin

05-05-2017, 07:59 PM

Yes, shame they couldn't find it within themselves to put in the same effort to raise funds to pay their creditors.

truehibernian
05-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Thing is though they still don't get it! The begging bowl is out yet again! Budgie is taking every opportunity to make a few bob by fleecing that gullible lot once again!

Bunch of total and utter halfwitts

Things is Aldo, in all seriousness, Budge has good ideas for Scottish football but ironically enough she is now the female Rod.....very astute, but not football 'hardened', a little too nice, and a little naive of the blood and guts that fans look for.

We now have Lennon and Leeann........quite a tough, vocal, take no prisoners combination.......in my humble opinion, their attitudes have transcended to the team and the fans, hence we now go into derbies (and games) in particular with a winning mentality (credit to Stubbs and Doolan too).

You ask any Hearts fan with football knowledge they'll say they feel that Ann Budge is a lovely lady but just doesn't 'get it' on the football side of things (and that itself isn't a criticism of her, I mean that football in Scotland hasn't evolved much from the 'just go out and beat them any way you can' mentality).

Ann Budge is the gran that got you what she thought was the latest Ipod for your birthday but was three versions too late..........Leeann is the auntie who bought you a season ticket, set of goals and a signed Hibs football and goes out into the garden for a game of 'three and in' with you :greengrin

Aldo
05-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Things is Aldo, in all seriousness, Budge has good ideas for Scottish football but ironically enough she is now the female Rod.....very astute, but not football 'hardened', a little too nice, and a little naive of the blood and guts that fans look for.

We now have Lennon and Leeann........quite a tough, vocal, take no prisoners combination.......in my humble opinion, their attitudes have transcended to the team and the fans, hence we now go into derbies (and games) in particular with a winning mentality (credit to Stubbs and Doolan too).

You ask any Hearts fan with football knowledge they'll say they feel that Ann Budge is a lovely lady but just doesn't 'get it' on the football side of things (and that itself isn't a criticism of her, I mean that football in Scotland hasn't evolved much from the 'just go out and beat them any way you can' mentality).

Ann Budge is the gran that got you what she thought was the latest Ipod for your birthday but was three versions too late..........Leeann is the auntie who bought you a season ticket, set of goals and a signed Hibs football and goes out into the garden for a game of 'three and in' with you :greengrin

TH thats Spot on.

The bit about her being the gran made me laugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SquashedFrogg
05-05-2017, 08:36 PM

:top marks Sums everything up perfectly.

truehibernian
05-05-2017, 08:39 PM
TH thats Spot on.

The bit about her being the gran made me laugh!

I was told that the outlay for the new pitch was the largest financial investment she has ever made with the least information available to her - she's gone into an industry she knows nothing about (football) but is using her (astute) acquired business acumen to try and get her head around it - football, however, as I said, doesn't work as smoothly as other industries. And there are many 'experts' who really don't know the difference between **** and clay who will always confuse and mislead.

Aldo
05-05-2017, 08:47 PM
I was told that the outlay for the new pitch was the largest financial investment she has ever made with the least information available to her - she's gone into an industry she knows nothing about (football) but is using her (astute) acquired business acumen to try and get her head around it - football, however, as I said, doesn't work as smoothly as other industries. And there are many 'experts' who really don't know the difference between **** and clay who will always confuse and mislead.

I hope it doesn't run smoothly! There will surely come a time where enough will be enough and the money will dry up??

They have expectations and they are all finding it hard not to be able to sign who they want because the money is being used elsewhere i.e. To subsidise the shortfall in the stand!

Good enough for them tbh

truehibernian
05-05-2017, 08:55 PM
I hope it doesn't run smoothly! There will surely come a time where enough will be enough and the money will dry up??

They have expectations and they are all finding it hard not to be able to sign who they want because the money is being used elsewhere i.e. To subsidise the shortfall in the stand!

Good enough for them tbh

Again, I'm astonished that they have not got the money to kit out the hospitality suites......that's a big money earner. For Budge to go to media today and start talking about the stand having 'community space', hoping people don;t just 'walk by' and now use the 'facility' etc is all smoke and mirrors. I'll bet she is raging that the stand can't be completed in one full phase and that they are clearly struggling to muster the money. False belief that the fans would stump up again :cb I think she will get the purse opened and fund the next phase and do so at a cost to Hearts (my opinion). She's not in this for the long haul but I think she feels she's getting dragged back into it 'Michael Corleone' style :greengrin

Aldo
05-05-2017, 09:05 PM
Again, I'm astonished that they have not got the money to kit out the hospitality suites......that's a big money earner. For Budge to go to media today and start talking about the stand having 'community space', hoping people don;t just 'walk by' and now use the 'facility' etc is all smoke and mirrors. I'll bet she is raging that the stand can't be completed in one full phase and that they are clearly struggling to muster the money. False belief that the fans would stump up again :cb I think she will get the purse opened and fund the next phase and do so at a cost to Hearts (my opinion). She's not in this for the long haul but I think she feels she's getting dragged back into it 'Michael Corleone' style :greengrin

I think deep down she has thought that there would be sufficient investment to assist with the final stages of the mega stand and this has not come to fruition.

I bet she has also bargained on beating us in replay of SC and relaid the pitch thinking the cup money would cover it.

I think, as you mentioned, she has shown a bit naivety in all this and in recent weeks I think they have become a total embarrassment with the 'fundraising week' and now this money making scheme to commemorate the asbestos stand!!

It's all pretty poignant for me because they will be in quite a bit of debt, have a stadium smaller than ours and still don't have their own training facility.

All in all they are not on the up, like ourselves, but now on a very level playing field in the finance stakes with not a lot to play with!

Resigning 37 yo Lennon today is a sign of things to come for the yams and it's all very pleasing!

poolman
05-05-2017, 09:06 PM

Bingo and Raffles

There's a novel idea 🤑

Deansy
05-05-2017, 11:36 PM

I kind of agree with your post right up until 'she just doesn't get it' bit. The real problem is with the Hearts-fans 'not getting it' - they are NOT getting to grips with having the first Hearts-owner in 30+ years who apparently wants to play by the same rules that EVERY club has to adhere to !!

So used to their club seemingly being able to find the money no matter what - season after season, despite the financial realities - to field players of a level way, way above their historical levels, the vast majority of their support now truly believe that whoever their owner/board are, is that they are blessed with some miraculous ability to perform financial miracles !. They aren't - the current, continued rise of unhappiness at the PBS is proof of that !

truehibernian
05-05-2017, 11:51 PM
I kind of agree with your post right up until 'she just doesn't get it' bit. The real problem is with the Hearts-fans 'not getting it' - they are NOT getting to grips with having the first Hearts-owner in 30+ years who apparently wants to play by the same rules that EVERY club has to adhere to !!

So used to their club seemingly being able to find the money no matter what - season after season, despite the financial realities - to field players of a level way, way above their historical levels, the vast majority of their support now truly believe that whoever their owner/board are, is that they are blessed with some miraculous ability to perform financial miracles !. They aren't - the current, continued rise of unhappiness at the PBS is proof of that !

You missed my point - I agree, in all my years Hearts fans have always had delusions of grandeur - to an extent, that's why their team has had the edge over us as it transcends over into the team and club. My point is that Budge is diluting that by wanting a 'family approach' to football and making decisions based on her previous (successful) business model. She's actually forcing them into realising where they are on the football pecking order.......by sprinkling realism over them every week at Tynie and reinforcing that they spend within their means :agree:

Hibby70
05-05-2017, 11:51 PM
I think we should all chip in and buy all the tickets for this.

Austinho
06-05-2017, 01:27 AM
Donate just £2 a month to HeartsAid and you too can ensure a Hearts fan never suffers another Saturday without a breakfast roll again.

Text 'Support the Scambos' to 0762 today.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-05-2017, 05:36 AM

#BigTeam

Well theyve got 11 puddings

Wee Effen Bee
06-05-2017, 05:51 AM
Donate just £2 a month to HeartsAid and you too can ensure a Hearts fan never suffers another Saturday without a breakfast roll again.

Text 'Support the Scambos' to 0762 today.

:tee hee::tee hee:
Couldnt they just find a local business to set up and sponsor a breakfast club like they have in schools?
:dunno:

Marco G
06-05-2017, 07:59 AM
It did not say anything about getting any bacon on your breakfast roll though? Bacon is extra?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Since90+2
06-05-2017, 08:08 AM
Big team :faf::faf:

SirDavidsNapper
06-05-2017, 08:11 AM
Admin 2 on its way I think.

lord bunberry
06-05-2017, 08:20 AM

:top marksNailed it.

Iggy Pope
06-05-2017, 12:21 PM
And in Eric Davison they've had to find a Hibby to tell the jokes! Losing Ronnie Corbett really did kill them as a club.

Dashing Bob S
06-05-2017, 12:28 PM
There's a big 'soft support' with Hearts based on false superiority with 30 years of outspending us with money they don't have. In the level playing field era, I think that is/will start to melt, which means they have to keep asking the dwindling band of loyal fans for more. Sadly for them, their current business model permits no other course of action.

Yamwatching next season will be a terrific sport. Into this dire mix they've added a strange manager who they can't afford to rid of.

Tinribs
06-05-2017, 12:59 PM
The article says they get to watch the match on "giant televisions"...this is one of them in the Gorgie suite. I have a larger tv in my dunny.

Phil MaGlass
06-05-2017, 01:13 PM
Just how much can two clubs rip their own fans off for, huns and hertz, great viewing for us Hibies

OxoHibby
06-05-2017, 04:03 PM

WTF? Only them

GreenLake
06-05-2017, 04:22 PM
This all further illustrates just how short term their thinking is. They could have had the third best stadium in Scotland if they had allocated a portion of their embezzled cash towards building it instead of buying a couple of tarnished cups. Now they have to scrounge cap in hand to fund another bus shelter of a stand.

Meanwhile Hibs kick their feet up over the summer in a beautiful and bigger capacity stadium, polishing a truthful Scottish Cup trophy.

gillythehibby
06-05-2017, 04:25 PM
The article says they get to watch the match on "giant televisions"...this is one of them in the Gorgie suite. I have a larger tv in my dunny.

They've some yam gadgie hooking up his laptop to the big telly so they can watch it via Periscope 😋🔭

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-05-2017, 06:27 PM

:agree: The club with no pride.

Pete
06-05-2017, 06:32 PM

That was a giant TV in the1980's.

That's obviously when that photo was taken...right?

brog
06-05-2017, 06:45 PM
I notice another article today where it says their capacity will be nearly 21,000. In another article their new official capacity is quotes as 20,099. So nearly 20,100 becomes 21,000.
Still when you'be been telling lies for years it's hard to know when to stop.

06-05-2017, 06:48 PM
Rattling the begging bowls again

The £51 a head "Rudi Skacel Tribute Night" and the "Ian Cathro tactics talk event" are just a couple of the most recent laughable, milk the fans for more pennies ideas. Embarrassing.

O'Rourke3
06-05-2017, 08:33 PM
I remember their pissing themselves when ideas like buy a brick were suggestions for helping support the building of the east. That's what peg sellers do apparently. I spent an odd 30 mins on broke back and the fans proud to continue to support their "institution" by always going back to the well for funds was surreal. So long as those not renewing their STs continued their FOH donations they are still PHM. Just can't wait for the souvenir asbesdos sale. The alternative is safe disposal and will need a lot more sticky buns and jam tarts baked to meet the cost.

jacomo
06-05-2017, 08:37 PM
Apparently they wanted 'particularly articulate' Cathro to host this event, but he disappointed everyone by insisting he should be in the dug out on match day.

greenginger
07-05-2017, 08:49 AM
I notice another article today where it says their capacity will be nearly 21,000. In another article their new official capacity is quotes as 20,099. So nearly 20,100 becomes 21,000.
Still when you'be been telling lies for years it's hard to know when to stop.

There is no way the PBS will have a capacity anywhere near 20,000 when the new stand is completed.

Their exiting diagram on the a the new stand planning application shows present stand capacity as,

Wheatfield - 5918
Roseburn - 3551
Gorgie - 3340

That is a total of 12,809 and is 1270 less than our equivalent stands ( our East, Famous Five, and South Stands )

That leaves their new stand and our West for comparison.

Their plans show the new stand will have 208 seats per row and 37 rows ( It will be 36 as the front row is below track level and any advertising hoardings will block view completely )

Our West has 218 seats per row ( our pitch is 7 metres longer ) and 35 rows (reduced to 34 because of the advert boards )

The two stands have virtually identical seating deck areas and by the time deductions are made for exit tunnels, directors box, press box, dug-out, larger corporate seats, our West stand capacity is reduced to 6342.

Their new stand will have a capacity almost identical to this and adding to the existing 3 stands capacity will produce an overall total of 19,151.

They dare not print that figure as it might cause rebellion in the ranks of the direct debitors and cake bakers. :greengrin

lucky
07-05-2017, 11:17 AM
I think Budge is doing a great job and is finally running them properly. For them to build and compete they need investment and as no institution or bank is willing to do it so the only the way they can raise money is from their fans. If Rangers had followed their model before Whyte, Green and King got them they'd be in a lot better state.

We've had our problems but generally RP has done ok by Hibs but Leeann is at different level to most in Scottish football and that's why we are moving forward at a rapid rate

Callum7
07-05-2017, 08:59 PM
Sky sports - 60p a day (£18 a month)

Roll - 11p (65p for a six pack)

Bacon - 14p per rashor (£2 for a pack of 14)

Sausage - 33p per sausage (£2 for a pack of 8)

Egg - 15p per egg (£1.75 for a pack of 12)

So you could watch the match in the comfort of your own home and get a bacon, suasage and egg roll all for just £1.33