05-05-2017, 04:05 PM
I think we will be third

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2017, 04:07 PM
I think we will be third

Ahead of Aberdeen or The Rangers?

Fergus52
05-05-2017, 04:26 PM
I reckon we've got a good chance of coming ahead of the huns.

Their new manager appears to be decent but their squad isn't that great and they might not be able to strengthen much in the summer if their financial troubles keep up.

Ozyhibby
05-05-2017, 04:30 PM
I reckon we've got a good chance of coming ahead of the huns.

Their new manager appears to be decent but their squad isn't that great and they might not be able to strengthen much in the summer if their financial troubles keep up.

What is it about the new manager that seems decent? His results are worse than the magic hats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
05-05-2017, 04:31 PM
And I think we will be 2nd.

hibs#1
05-05-2017, 04:32 PM
What is it about the new manager that seems decent? His results are worse than the magic hats?

I agree they have got even worse under him I think they have signed a numpty.especially as his war chest is going to be filled with chocolate coins I think they will struggle big time next year.

Diclonius
05-05-2017, 04:32 PM
I think we'll be 5th.

Sean1875
05-05-2017, 04:34 PM
I think we'll be 5th.

Who do you see as being the 4th team above us? (Assuming Celtc, Sevco and Aberdeen make up 3 of the 4 above us)

Dashing Bob S
05-05-2017, 04:34 PM
I'd say we're definitely top four. Possibly two, maybe three. We will strengthen, not sure Aberdeen will. Rangers are an imponderable - they don't know how much or little money they'll have, so nobody else does. Pointless to speculate. I expect their crowds and revenue to fall though. Hearts aren't even in the equation at the moment. Let's be kind and say a year of transition.

Michael
05-05-2017, 04:37 PM
I reckon Aberdeen will be pish again next season. Teams outside Celtic can't really sustain it for more than 3/4 years (see Motherwell, Dundee United, us!).

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2017, 05:36 PM
I'd say we're definitely top four. Possibly two, maybe three. We will strengthen, not sure Aberdeen will. Rangers are an imponderable - they don't know how much or little money they'll have, so nobody else does. Pointless to speculate. I expect their crowds and revenue to fall though. Hearts aren't even in the equation at the moment. Let's be kind and say a year of transition.

The talk is £3 million plus the money from any players sold. Time will tell whether that's true, but, with Rangers only being kept afloat by loans from their owners, it's very unlikely they'll have massive money to throw around.

wookie70
05-05-2017, 05:38 PM
All depends on our signings. I think we will be 6th with the current squad mainly because we just don't score enough goals.

Skol
05-05-2017, 05:39 PM
Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Top 6 in itself would be an achievement with top 4 as a realistic stretch target.

Pete
05-05-2017, 05:40 PM

Top 6 in itself would be an achievement with top 4 as a realistic stretch target.

Just about to post something similar.

However, anything is possible.

GreenLake
05-05-2017, 05:45 PM
We are going to do a Leicester.

Thecat23
05-05-2017, 05:46 PM

Many team playing championship football and coming up after 3 years will be to secure their league position another year. I have to agree though Hibs should aim top six as I think we could add quality to the team under Lennon.

What i I personally think is 4th or 5th depending what the Huns spend or bring in.

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2017, 05:49 PM

We mustn't return to the SPL to tread water; we need to kick on. The club is in the best shape for a long time, and I think we could surprise a few people next season. We need to see how the squad looks when the new season starts, but there's a good chance it will be better. I'll take fourth place and owning Hearts. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Also remember our budget is such, we should be looking at being around fourth. We should be above clubs like Motherwell, Accies, St Johnstone, Dundee.

I think fourth is a realistic target; anything above that is a very welcome bonus.

worcesterhibby
05-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Also remember our budget is such, we should be looking at being around fourth. We should be above clubs like Motherwell, Accies, St Johnstone, Dundee.

I think fourth is a realistic target; anything above that is a very welcome bonus.

If we keep McGinn and Cummings and sign a 15 goal a season forward who can play with Cummings as well as keeping Marciano and basically most of our existing team (maybe losing one midfielder and Holt and Keatings) we will come 3rd or 4th. If we sign Efe and Whittaker as well we really should come 2nd

danhibees1875
05-05-2017, 06:25 PM
2 league titles in a row. Skooshed.

shetlandhibee
05-05-2017, 06:28 PM
If we keep McGinn and Cummings and sign a 15 goal a season forward who can play with Cummings as well as keeping Marciano and basically most of our existing team (maybe losing one midfielder and Holt and Keatings) we will come 3rd or 4th. If we sign Efe and Whittaker as well we really should come 2ndpretty close to what ime thinking:aok::flag:

Sammy7nil
05-05-2017, 06:40 PM
I think we are setting ourselves up for a big fall, in public we should aim for top 6 in private NL and the players should target second.

GlasgowHibee
05-05-2017, 06:58 PM
Our main problem will be against the so-called "diddy teams" I saw nothing this season that convinced me that we knew how to break down teams who just sit in and make it difficult. Next year there'll be teams that will do that, but in turn will have better strikers/midfielders who could punish us.

I think we'll finish 5th.

1. Celtic
2. Aberdeen
3. Tribute Act
4. St Johnstone
5. US.

Diclonius
05-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Who do you see as being the 4th team above us? (Assuming Celtc, Sevco and Aberdeen make up 3 of the 4 above us)

St Johnstone are a solid team and we won't be able to dislodge them just yet.

California-Hibs
05-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Thought I'd stimbled across the Arsenal forum for a minute...

CMurdoch
05-05-2017, 08:09 PM
4th would be a good marker for further improvement the following season when we should leap frog Aberdeen

1. Celtic
2. Team Formerly Known As
3. Aberdeen
4. Hibs
5. St Johnstone
6. Hearts

Celtic will win the league by a street again.
The Rangers are in a big mess but with a couple of good signings from season ticket sales might just get their noses ahead of Aberdeen if they don't implode first!
Hibs will have a good budget for players off big season ticket sales which will be bolstered by loads of walk ups and away supporters. Happy Days if we can sign the right players, especially the right centre forward to help Cummings. I expect McGinn & definately Cummings to be at Hibs for 1 more season.
Hearts have destroyed their team and given the big shiny new stand won't have sufficient cash to sign the right players to get ahead of us.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Top six finish is a decent target. I would settle for that if we went the whole season never dropping out of the top six.

SteveHFC
05-05-2017, 08:11 PM
Top six finish is a decent target. I would settle for that if we went the whole season never dropping out of the top six.

This and push on the following season.

Joe6-2
05-05-2017, 08:50 PM

This

superfurryhibby
05-05-2017, 08:55 PM
I reckon Aberdeen will be pish again next season. Teams outside Celtic can't really sustain it for more than 3/4 years (see Motherwell, Dundee United, us!).

When was the last time we sustained it for 3-4 years. By my reckoning I would look at 1971-72 to 75-76? The Sheep will still be decent next season.

As someone highlighted on another thread, we have finsihed 2nd 6 times in 120 years of league football.

SanFranHibs
06-05-2017, 12:18 AM
All depends on our signings. I think we will be 6th with the current squad mainly because we just don't score enough goals.

I feel for every team except Celtic it is not how much the signings cost but how effective they are. Even Rangers would be wary of spending huge amounts of money just to jump one place and probably still finish a fence behind Celtic.

2 or 3 astute signings and we could easily be in the mix for 2nd-4th. That may be stating the obvious but I think you know what I mean.

Of course I have no evidence but I would be surprised if there were any blockbuster signings outwith Celtic and by blockbuster I mean financially. Maybe Lennon can persuade a player or two who would qualify as a marquis signing by their footballing pedigree?

But it is rather an exciting time :greengrin

:flag::flag::flag:

houstonhibbee
06-05-2017, 12:33 AM
I feel for every team except Celtic it is not how much the signings cost but how effective they are. Even Rangers would be wary of spending huge amounts of money just to jump one place and probably still finish a fence behind Celtic.

2 or 3 astute signings and we could easily be in the mix for 2nd-4th. That may be stating the obvious but I think you know what I mean.

Of course I have no evidence but I would be surprised if there were any blockbuster signings outwith Celtic and by blockbuster I mean financially. Maybe Lennon can persuade a player or two who would qualify as a marquis signing by their footballing pedigree?

were not really in the market for "blockbuster" signings though in reality are we? We can't afford the wages. We need to bring through good players from the youth academy interspersed with a few seasoned players and up and coming players from the lower leagues such as Mallen and Mcginn that dont command high wages yet.

houstonhibbee
06-05-2017, 12:35 AM

btw I might have to change my user name to San Fran hibbee soon if things go according to plan

SanFranHibs
06-05-2017, 12:42 AM
btw I might have to change my user name to San Fran hibbee soon if things go according to plan

Let's do a trade in the Summer transfer window :greengrin

And as I am in Dallas and maybe moving to San Antonio might be a good move for me. Just have to check in tomorrows Sun or Daily ******.

SanFranHibs
06-05-2017, 12:48 AM
were not really in the market for "blockbuster" signings though in reality are we? We can't afford the wages. We need to bring through good players from the youth academy interspersed with a few seasoned players and up and coming players from the lower leagues such as Mallen and Mcginn that dont command high wages yet.

Agreed. That was my point, although I may have really been thinking more of Rangers being in the same boat as us in that they cannot spend huge sums on transfer fees and pay crazy wages even taking into account their bigger crowds. I think they will just try to grab second spot in the same fashion as the rest of us.

Roll on next season !!

Borderhibbie76
06-05-2017, 07:28 AM
According to another thread all our players are leaving in the summer so we will be lucky to field a team come start of season lol.

Top 6 is a realistic target and realistically we can at least get 4th

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
06-05-2017, 07:39 AM
We should be aiming for top 4 or 5. We aren't your usual promoted team who should be looking to consolidate.

We'll have a sizeable budget advantage over most teams in the league and have structures in place that should see us get the right players in.

Keith_M
06-05-2017, 07:46 AM
I think we'll probably finish in the top 6 but, aside from that, no idea.

Kaiser1962
06-05-2017, 08:04 AM
When was the last time we sustained it for 3-4 years. By my reckoning I would look at 1971-72 to 75-76? The Sheep will still be decent next season.

As someone highlighted on another thread, we have finsihed 2nd 6 times in 120 years of league football.

Since we last won the league in 1951-52 we have finished above Rangers twice (1964-65 (2pts) and 1973-74 (1pt)) and The Rangers once (1914-15 (3pts)) although we have only spent two seasons in the same division as The Rangers :wink:

One Day
06-05-2017, 08:23 AM

Consolidation is the name of the game. anything in the top six is a bonus although second or third would be pleasing:wink:

lucky
06-05-2017, 08:23 AM
All teams should go into every competition with the belief that they can win it. For years most teams were beat before they even played the old firm. Whilst it will be difficult we should be aiming for first and take it from there.

Michael
06-05-2017, 08:41 AM

Was thinking Mowbray/Collins but I'd forgot that we only came 6th the year we won the league cup.

snooky
06-05-2017, 08:44 AM
I think we should be going into the season thinking we can win the league. Having said that, I will be happy if we consolidate our position in the middle and not end up in a survival dogfight next April.

magpie1892
06-05-2017, 08:50 AM
The talk is £3 million plus the money from any players sold. Time will tell whether that's true, but, with Rangers only being kept afloat by loans from their owners, it's very unlikely they'll have massive money to throw around.

So £3 million then.

I'm struggling to see who they could get a fee for apart from McKay. The rest will hang on for grim death knowing they are getting paid far more than they would get at their true level - lower League One or upper League Two in England. Foderingham maybe but if he continues to throw them in while playing injured then he's not doing himself any favours, especially as Jak Alnwick isn't actually a bad keeper...

However, I think STs - which will make up virtually all of their working capital - will be down and they are going to have seven figure payments going out the door in terms of paying up Magic Prat and Ashley's case. Soft loans from October at the latest, again.

PeeJay
06-05-2017, 08:55 AM
Remains to be seen who will actually be in the "team" for the premier league campaign - the current team will do well to make top 6 ...

Ken
06-05-2017, 09:11 AM
Take it one game at a time and then let's set a realistic target after one round of games when our new squad has settled. It's all good and well going by our cup record against the premier league teams but the league and consistency will be a completely different ball game. Saying that I am optimistic we will do well and get top 6

Sir David Gray
06-05-2017, 09:18 AM
As long as Aberdeen are the second best team in the country we should be aiming for 2nd place. There's absolutely no reason why we can't match them.

southsider
06-05-2017, 10:14 AM
Ahead of Aberdeen or The Rangers?
Or both.