PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Hughes signs contract extension (NHC)

Marco G
05-05-2017, 12:32 PM
See EEN is reporting that Aaron Hughes who has managed to play about 4 games for Hearts since January has signed for another season at age of 37.

What caught my eye was Ian Cathro's quote about him: "He’s one of those guys who came here to be a bit of a message carrier for me. He was a very important signing."

Hope he can keep carrying these messages then!
[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
05-05-2017, 12:40 PM
i'm really warming to this cathro gadgy, he has humour as well as a laptop

Smartie
05-05-2017, 12:44 PM
Aaron Hughes = Cathro's pigeon.

Ozyhibby
05-05-2017, 12:53 PM
If that's the quality they are going for, happy days. Would he get in our defence? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo
05-05-2017, 12:57 PM
If that's the quality they are going for, happy days. Would he get in our defence? [emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Days indeed!! He would struggle to get into our match day squad let alone team!!

Bostonhibby
05-05-2017, 01:19 PM
See EEN is reporting that Aaron Hughes who has managed to play about 4 games for Hearts since January has signed for another season at age of 37.

What caught my eye was Ian Cathro's quote about him: "He’s one of those guys who came here to be a bit of a message carrier for me. He was a very important signing."

Hope he can keep carrying these messages then!
[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Key man as he speaks cathro and knows how a post it note works.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Albanian Hibs
05-05-2017, 01:24 PM
😂😂😂

Keith_M
05-05-2017, 01:27 PM

Surely he'll have a bit of trouble running up and down the stairs at Pittodrie at his age. The old legs ain't what they used to be.

Scouse Hibee
05-05-2017, 03:00 PM
Surely he'll have a bit of trouble running up and down the stairs at Pittodrie at his age. The old legs ain't what they used to be.

The game is at Tynecastle, stair lift was completed today :greengrin

Mango Man
05-05-2017, 05:05 PM
He probably looks at Hughes as a Father figure.

Michael
05-05-2017, 05:16 PM
He could just get Tesco to deliver his messages for £4 a go.

HAZ2000
05-05-2017, 05:21 PM
If he gets fit again he will be a very important player for them. Has looked good the times ive seen him

blackpoolhibs
05-05-2017, 05:22 PM
If he gets fit again he will be a very important player for them. Has looked good the times ive seen him

:faf: Will be drawing his pension first.

fat freddy
05-05-2017, 05:27 PM
Im just back from Aldi's on Gorgie Road, seen Cathy and Aaron on the baking aisle, Aaron was pushing a trolley full of flour, icing sugar, chocolate sprinkles and marzipan while Cathy was busy looking at cake recipes on his laptop. I waited in my car for them coming out and its true, Aaron was carrying the messages...wonder what they need all those cake ingredients for?

lyonhibs
05-05-2017, 05:55 PM
There's a clear message delivery hierarchy on the go here.

Craig Levein > Jon Daly > Cathro > Aaron Hughes.

Can you imagine the garbled, unintelligible pish Hughes must receive after that game of Chinese whispers!??!

SirDavidsNapper
05-05-2017, 05:57 PM
Fantastic signing that. They should tie Cathro down on a long term deal now.........oh wait

blackpoolhibs
05-05-2017, 05:58 PM
There's a clear message delivery hierarchy on the go here.

Craig Levein > Jon Daly > Cathro > Aaron Hughes.

Can you imagine the garbled, unintelligible pish Hughes must receive after that game of Chinese whispers!??!

I can see it now, just like that sketch on the Keith Lemon show where they all sit on a toilet with their pants round their ankles. :greengrin

Jack Hackett
05-05-2017, 06:01 PM
Money they won't be spending on anyone else :top marks