PDA

View Full Version : Should Andrew Shinnie be offered a contract?

BegbieHSC
05-05-2017, 08:19 AM
EEN reporting that he is open to signing next season. What're your thoughts?

It may be the last game of the season, but Andrew Shinnie is reluctant to concede tomorrow’s clash with St Mirren might be his last for Hibs.

The former Inverness Caley midfielder arrived at Easter Road last summer on loan from English Championship side Birmingham City for the 2016/17 campaign. And with a year remaining on his contract, he is due to return to the Black Country although, he admits, his future remains uncertain.
The Blues go into their own last game of the season away to Bristol City two points away from the relegation danger zone, but with no margin for error with both Nottingham Forest and Blackburn Rovers breathing down their necks.
But while his entire focus will be on ensuring one final victory for Hibs as they prepare to celebrate winning the Championship title and promotion to the Premiership, Shinnie admits City’s fate could well have a bearing on where he is playing football next season. Depending on what transpires over the next few weeks, the 27-year-old revealed he wouldn’t dismiss a return to the Capital if the chance were to arise.

He said: “I’ll have to see over the summer. There’s a lot of stuff to go on and although I have another year on my contract with Birmingham, they’ve got a big weekend coming up down there and whatever way it goes there’ll be a lot to think about. “It will get sorted out over the summer. I don’t know what will happen, but I wouldn’t rule out coming back to Hibs. I jumped at the chance to come here when they were in the Championship, so being in the Premiership would be even better.”

Shinnie insisted he’d had no misgivings at joining a club facing a third successive season in the second tier of Scottish football, even if he was puzzled as to how they’d found themselves in such a situation, that capitulation in the second half of the season which brought relegation even more confusing given it happened with Terry Butcher, his old boss at Caley, in charge.

He said: “I always liked Hibs as a team when I played in Scotland. I don’t know why, but it’s a great club, a big stadium and they always had a good team, a great team back in the day. “It’s obviously been disappointing for them to go down and to be honest – I do not know how it happened. “I was down the road and not paying too much attention to it, but to my mind Hibs should never have been in the Championship. I was with Terry at Caley and while he probably won’t be the most popular guy down Easter Road way because he was manager when it happened, he was great with me. “I was surprised because you don’t expect a team of his to fold like that and go under. You never think you’ll be relegated, but when you go on a downward spiral it’s hard to get out of it as Caley are finding right now.

“You can have good success as they had but one bad season can end it all for you. “But I’ve loved it here, it’s been a great season. I said when I came up I was excited to be in a title race as I’d never been in one before. It’s great to have come out the other end. We’re a bit unfortunate not to be in the Scottish Cup final again, but I’ll take the title.”

Finally clinching the promotion, admitted Shinnie, prompted a mixture of relief and satisfaction but, he insisted, it would be even sweeter for players such as Paul Hanlon, Lewis Stevenson and Jason Cummings who were at the club when that play-off defeat by Hamilton consigned them to the drop.

He said: “When you come to the end of the season as we have, you think it has flown i,n but at the same time it’s gone a bit slower than you feel. “There have been a few hard times, but we’ve been top most of the season and been pretty solid. There were a few draws, times when the boss was unhappy but at the end of the day they were draws, not defeats, and we won the league quite comfortably. “We’ve put in a lot of hard work over the season and it has paid off. “I think that for the lads who have been here and seen the ups and downs like Paul and Lewis, it has been a big relief for them. There’s been quite a bit of pressure and now a bit of relief and satisfaction for everyone, but we are delighted and excited to have played our part in winning the league and taking Hibs back up.

“I’d think the likes of Paul, Lewy and Jason will feel they’ve probably righted a wrong. Jason has been crucial, he said he’d stay until Hibs were back in the Premiership, although he’ll hopefully be here longer, while Lewy has probably played almost every game since relegation. “Paul, too, has been great. He’s had this annoying injury of late but he was brilliant in the first half of the season so I am very happy for them in particular.”

Hibs finally returning to the Premiership will, argued Shinnie, be good for Scottish football in general, pointing to the crowds he and his team-mates have enjoyed with the attendance tomorrow predicted to touch 19,000 and the fact that over the past couple of seasons they have more than held their own when drawn against top flight competition in the cups.

Even the disappointment of seeing the Scottish Cup wrested from their grasp having given Aberdeen a huge fright could, he claimed, be seen in a positive light. He said: “I think it’s been bad for the image of Scottish football Hibs being out of the Premiership for such a prolonged period. I think we should be up there competing for top six, top four. “We have a good squad and I am sure the gaffer will have a few irons in the fire. He’s brought in Danny Swanson, a great player, and I’d imagine he’s going to add a few more to go with the bulk of the squad we have already. “We got off to a bad start against Aberdeen the other day but could have won a game against a team that’s been second best in the country for the last few years competing with Celtic. We did well against them and Hearts who have been comfortably in the top six. “I think it will be exciting for the fans, a lot of big games, a lot of big away matches. I have to admit Edinburgh is a bigger football city than I thought. It’s a massive football city with loads of fans out there. A few of the lads hang out together away from the game and there are always supporters coming up wanting to speak to you. “The fans have backed us massively throughout the season and it would have been a travesty had we not gone back up. Now we want to win our last game and enjoy the day. St Mirren might be hoping we’ll be in party mode and not interested. They have a lot to play for, it will be a tough game but we’re looking to sign off by turning in a good performance.”

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/andrew-shinnie-i-wouldn-t-rule-out-staying-at-hibs-1-4437460

supermcginn
05-05-2017, 08:23 AM
No thanks, swanson is a significant improvement on him.

Slavers
05-05-2017, 08:23 AM
Yes I would keep. We don't have many in the squad with his attacking midfield attributes. I think he put in a lot of effort during his time and showed he wanted to be at Hibs. 2 year deal for me.

bigwheel
05-05-2017, 08:24 AM

..not for me...I'd take Shinnie if I had to choose...I hope they both have a role to play tbh.

JDHibs
05-05-2017, 08:28 AM
Yes i would keep him. All depends on what happens with Birmingham though and hwere they play next season.

Top assister in the team and a handy player to have around.

Godsahibby
05-05-2017, 08:44 AM
Earlier on in the season it would have been a no from me but the more I have seen him the more I have liked him. Would definitely be an asset to the team.

No reason we can't have Swanson and shinnie.

My_Wife_Camille
05-05-2017, 08:46 AM
Definitely not

IAmLee
05-05-2017, 08:46 AM

Why not both? Swanson plays from the left wing and Shinnie's best position is just behind the striker.......

Speedy
05-05-2017, 08:47 AM
Depends on who the alternatives are and how much he'd cost.

He would add to the squad imo but we can't have everyone.

Unseen work
05-05-2017, 08:59 AM
I would sign him.

good player who improved as the season went on

green with envy
05-05-2017, 09:00 AM
To inconstant for me - would hope we could attract better.

SChibs
05-05-2017, 09:00 AM
Really depends on other signings. I like him but I'd take Henderson over him for example.

Big_Franck
05-05-2017, 09:09 AM
Depends on who the alternatives are and how much he'd cost.

He would add to the squad imo but we can't have everyone.

Agree with this. He'll be on a good wage at Birmingham so if he's looking for anywhere near that I wouldn't sign him. If he would be one of our highest earners I don't think his performances this season have merited such an investment on our part. If he would come in on an average Hibs wage then i'd take him. He'd be a good squad player.

GreenNWhiteArmy
05-05-2017, 09:13 AM
I'd be more than happy to have Andrew back permanently in the summer. We talk about consistency but how many players have truly played to their form this season? Jase, Lewy and Mcgregor are probably the only players to really consistently performed. To suggest we should bring Henderson back is completely contradictory because he was no different in his time here.

He can split a defence with one pass and seems to have the right attitude. I'd rather Shinnie than Scott Allan (although I'm sure that's not a popular view) so if he comes, great if not then he gets a thanks and best wishes from me

Hibs90
05-05-2017, 09:22 AM
In a heartbeat, we would do well to get better tbh.

Is It On....
05-05-2017, 09:24 AM
I would have thought Birmingham would have to pay him off before any deal could be done (with any Scottish team excl Celtic) as I suspect he will be getting far more than can be afforded by everyone excl Celtic.

J-C
05-05-2017, 09:55 AM
If asked this after his 1st few games, I'd say no but he has started to come onto a game and looking like the player he was at Inverness. Lennon has spoken about wanting Commons and with Swanson signed, would Shinnie get a game? It really all depends on who Lennon's targets are and if we can sign them, Shinnie might not be one of them.

snooky
05-05-2017, 09:58 AM
It's a :aok: from me.

yonder1875
05-05-2017, 10:01 AM
Absolutely.

Pretty Boy
05-05-2017, 10:03 AM
I'd keep him. Definitely a good squad player. If it was a straight choice between him and Keatings for that role behind the striker(s), and I'm aware it's not, I'd choose Shinnie every time.

Diclonius
05-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Would be happy if he signed but not bothered if he doesn't.

we are hibs
05-05-2017, 10:39 AM
No. Nowhere near consistent enough.

snooky
05-05-2017, 10:52 AM

Kinda like SJM. :cool2:

Spike Mandela
05-05-2017, 11:02 AM
At this moment it's a game of cat and mouse between club and players.

Players will be looking at what offers are out there and the club will be trying to get better in before offering the likes of Shinnie a better deal.

Some players the club will be desperate to hold on to and offered deals accordingly but I don't think Shinnie is one of those. However if Hibs can't lure better and Shinnie doesn't get a better offer elsewhere I would have no qualms about him getting a contract.

NAE NOOKIE
05-05-2017, 11:02 AM
Yes I would take him. He had a slow start but has improved a great deal as the season has gone on.

Of all the loan players we have had Liam Henderson has been by far the best so far as attitude goes, but the difference between him and a player like Shinnie is that Liam's aim was to impress enough that his parent club would see him as 'one for the future' ... in the case of a player like Shinnie he was on loan because his parent club clearly didn't rate him, even though they were rubbish.

That must play on a players mind and make it difficult to concentrate on the task in hand .... I think Shinnie has shown enough to give an idea of the player he can be and I cant help thinking that if he was made a Hibs player permanently we would see the best of him.

rodhibs55
05-05-2017, 11:31 AM
Good player deffo would sign him.

Green Badger
05-05-2017, 11:48 AM
I would offer him a contract. He definitely started slowly but improved as the season went on.

ian cruise
05-05-2017, 11:51 AM
Would be very happy if he stayed, I'm a big fan. Struggled a little with consistency the first half of the season but he was in a new team in a new league with new players and style to adapt to which is understandable. When he's been good he's been excellent and I only see him improving.

Vault Boy
05-05-2017, 12:04 PM
He's put in some really decent performances this season and works much harder than I thought he would, I think he cares about the club. Would be very glad to keep him, he's got a lot more to give and playing in the Premier will help him IMO.

B.H.F.C
05-05-2017, 12:08 PM
Thought he'd be a really good signing when we got him but have been disappointed with him.

Gets in to some good positions but the end product, be it a pass or finish, hasn't been anywhere near good enough for me.

Smartie
05-05-2017, 12:21 PM
Very inconsistent but has come on to a game second half of the season.

He's one of those players who always seems to be in the the team when we play well, which isn't normally a coincidence.

I do respect players who don't hide, and he's one. Even when he's not playing well and you start to hear the grumbling around the stadium he's prepared to get on the ball and try to make things happen, fully aware that he'll get it in the neck when things don't pay off for him. Listen to Yogi's rant and you'll realise the value of players who are prepared to do that for the team, and where you end up when you don't have them.

I'd like to keep him. I actually think he's capable of more than he has shown for us.

tamig
05-05-2017, 12:22 PM
I like Shinnie and would love if we could sign him perm.

PiemanP
05-05-2017, 12:34 PM
Came up with some important assist but didn't score enough goals for me. We are crying out for goals for midfield and he was often part of the problem.

It obviously depends who is available, but I'd like to think we could do better.

Albanian Hibs
05-05-2017, 01:29 PM
Its a yes from me. I like Shinnie and it would piss off the Shinnie haters behind me 😀

allezsauzee
05-05-2017, 03:20 PM
Aye

Skol
05-05-2017, 04:34 PM
So we dont want to offer Shinnie a contract but happy to give Harris (another) chance.

houstonhibbee
05-05-2017, 04:43 PM
we should offer him a contract if he's let go by Birmingham just like all the other players out of contract

Ilovehibs
05-05-2017, 06:57 PM
Would hope for better to be honest.

05-05-2017, 07:17 PM
I'd like us to sign him.

He gave a good interview after the derby. I particularly liked that he insisted there was no recall to Birmingham clause in his loan contract and what he said about Sunshine on Leith.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/championship/andrew-shinnie-keen-to-stay-at-hibs-after-thrilling-derby-1-4376603

onfire
05-05-2017, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=Albanian Hibs;5033319]Its a yes from me. I like Shinnie and it would piss off the Shinnie haters behind me-

what happened to Albanian Hibs? he don't come round to our club no more."

- "well, he don't go out doin sinful things no more. he's a happy clapper now."

blackpoolhibs
05-05-2017, 07:40 PM
I'd like to see who we bring in first?

weecounty hibby
05-05-2017, 09:36 PM
So we dont want to offer Shinnie a contract but happy to give Harris (another) chance.

Totally agree. I'd sign him and let Harris go in a minute. It's keeping the likes of Harris for too long that means we are wasting money on wages that would be better spent elsewhere

houstonhibbee
05-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Totally agree. I'd sign him and let Harris go in a minute. It's keeping the likes of Harris for too long that means we are wasting money on wages that would be better spent elsewhere
Harris probably only $500 pw Shinnie probably looking for $2k pw

weecounty hibby
05-05-2017, 09:44 PM
Harris probably only $500 pw Shinnie probably looking for $2k pw

Yes but take the £500 from a perennial underachiever and give it to someone who can play a bit. It means that we have to find £500 less to pay Shinnie than if we keep Harris, if you get my meaning

IberianHibernian
05-05-2017, 10:14 PM
So we dont want to offer Shinnie a contract but happy to give Harris (another) chance.Where have you read that we ( Lennon / whoever else who decides who we sign ) don`t want to offer Shinnie a contract but are happy to offer Harris a new contract ? Do you know how much either player would be paid by us ? Do we know either player even wants to continue with us ? Why have you singled out Harris and not any of the other 12 ( ? ) players whose contracts finish soon ? And why " another " ?

monktonharp
05-05-2017, 10:37 PM
Negatory. in other words, no

Skol
06-05-2017, 03:17 AM
Where have you read that we ( Lennon / whoever else who decides who we sign ) don`t want to offer Shinnie a contract but are happy to offer Harris a new contract ? Do you know how much either player would be paid by us ? Do we know either player even wants to continue with us ? Why have you singled out Harris and not any of the other 12 ( ? ) players whose contracts finish soon ? And why " another " ?

For we I mean general opinion on here.

JimBHibees
06-05-2017, 07:16 AM
I'd like to see who we bring in first?

Agree with that could be better available however I do think he could show significant improvement with a decent preseason.

Scouse Hibee
06-05-2017, 07:38 AM
No brainer for me, Shinnie is a class player.

eastcoasthibby
06-05-2017, 07:52 AM
Yes ..he has quality and can create totally agree he needs to be more consistent, I think he has come onto a game and think he has settled in now ! If they let him go, I think a 2 year contract will settle him even more here and we will get more.
Regards the 500 a week for Harris and 2k for Shinnie, there is a real difference in quality and the are different types of players ..Harris has sat in the background and not been pushing for a place in the first team squad .. I really am in a dilema about him, as I think he has potential but he has absolutely no bottle and I think will be terrorised by all Premier defenders so we will get nothing from him unless he grows a pair over the summer .!!

makaveli1875
06-05-2017, 07:54 AM
Yes he should

HFCdeb
06-05-2017, 07:58 AM
Yes.

WhileTheChief..
06-05-2017, 07:59 AM
Absolutely yes for me.

Class player and the type that Lennon will be building his team around.

Folk want Boyle but don't want Shinnie. Crazy talk!!!

jacomo
06-05-2017, 08:13 AM
Why not both? Swanson plays from the left wing and Shinnie's best position is just behind the striker.......

I think they are very similar.

Neither is an out and out winger.

We desperately need more goals in the team next season. AS obviously has a bit of quality but did he do enough?

supermcginn
06-05-2017, 09:24 AM
Absolutely yes for me.

Class player and the type that Lennon will be building his team around.

Folk want Boyle but don't want Shinnie. Crazy talk!!!
Lennon didnt pick him for the 2 biggest games of our season so cant quite see him building a team around him!

Liberal Hibby
06-05-2017, 04:29 PM
Aargh. Standards at the news have clearly slipped. Birmingham is not the black country.

ancient hibee
06-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Another careless miss from him today.Disappointing after a lovely move.

Dashing Bob S
06-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Yes. That miss today aside he was/is quality.

DaveF
06-05-2017, 04:44 PM
No, no, no. We need to be looking at better and I'll be hugely disappointed if we sign him.

neil7908
06-05-2017, 05:33 PM
Where is he going to play? He was tidy enough today but isn't a right or left midfielder, that much is clear to me.

When he picks up the ball in a central area near the opposition box he looks dangerous but unless we intend to play him behind the forwards I'm not sure he fits into our team very well, even though I rate the him as a player.

So do we want to spend what will presumably be a decent chunk of wages on a player who won't generally get a game in his preferred position.

Also, I may have missed this but I thought he had a year left at Birmingham so how can we offer a him a contract without agreeing things with his club?

hfc rd
06-05-2017, 05:37 PM
50-50 for me.

If we sign him, he will have my support like every other player. If we don't, I won't lose any sleep or be hugely disappointed.

GreenCastle
06-05-2017, 08:35 PM
Thought he was good today. I like him out wide.

Creative player and seems to enjoy the club.

Sir David Gray
06-05-2017, 08:40 PM
Not fussed either way. He hasn't been as good as I thought he would be this season.

ekhibee
06-05-2017, 08:43 PM
I like Shinnie, he's a good passer and has a bit of skill too, but in front of goal he's not the strongest. If people are suggesting Swanson's a similar type of player I would suggest he's a much better finisher than Shinnie, but in terms of skill they're probably about the same. We don't score nearly enough goals from midfield IMO and Swanson could change that, but I certainly wouldn't have any problem keeping a player like Shinnie at all.

familyman
06-05-2017, 08:52 PM
Andrew has to play week in week out to the same level we have seen glimpses off, IF that can be done then ok ,but Nl needs to make that judgement as we have suffered in too many games from players being posted missing...If leaves the boy band behind great.

Chip shop Joe
06-05-2017, 10:10 PM
I don't think so. He has great technique but is far too lightweight and Gets shrugged off the ball too easily. I would also imagine that he will be on large wages given he has come from the championship. With opposition only going to get faster and stronger next year I don't think he is worth a new contract.

Scouse Hibee
06-05-2017, 10:31 PM

About as consistent as McGinn but for some reason regarded differently by supporters.

ancient hibee
06-05-2017, 10:40 PM
I don't think so. He has great technique but is far too lightweight and Gets shrugged off the ball too easily. I would also imagine that he will be on large wages given he has come from the championship. With opposition only going to get faster and stronger next year I don't think he is worth a new contract.
Think his contract is with Birmingham not us.

B.H.F.C
06-05-2017, 10:43 PM
About as consistent as McGinn but for some reason regarded differently by supporters.

I agree that McGinn has been disappointing at times this year. But he's still had a much greater influence on the team that Shinnie in the way he drives us on at times. He's scored more goals and probably created about the same (if not more) as well.

McGinn is also in the PFA team of the year. Up for Player of the year. So it's not just the support that regard them differently.

Chip shop Joe
06-05-2017, 10:47 PM
Think his contract is with Birmingham not us.

You would be right but he will be receiving a big wage paid by Birmingham and us and will be on a bigger wage than any other player at the club possibly except Ambrose thus even if he was to take a pay cut he would be one if the highest earners.

Scouse Hibee
06-05-2017, 10:48 PM
I agree that McGinn has been disappointing at times this year. But he's still had a much greater influence on the team that Shinnie in the way he drives us on at times. He's scored more goals and probably created about the same (if not more) as well.

McGinn is also in the PFA team of the year. Up for Player of the year. So it's not just the support that regard them differently.

Yes agreed it seems the McGinn hype has spread from ER, no idea why to be honest because regardless of the team of the year award he's been no better than average far too often. I just don't get why he escapes criticism.

ancient hibee
06-05-2017, 10:52 PM
You would be right but he will be receiving a big wage paid by Birmingham and us and will be on a bigger wage than any other player at the club possibly except Ambrose thus even if he was to take a pay cut he would be one if the highest earners.
The point I'm making is it's up to B'rum to decide what happens not Hibs.We have no say other than offering to take him on loan again.

J-C
06-05-2017, 11:04 PM
Yes agreed it seems the McGinn hype has spread from ER, no idea why to be honest because regardless of the team of the year award he's been no better than average far too often. I just don't get why he escapes criticism.

I think McGinn's problem is he tries too hard to do things himself, Barley solid but gets a nose bleed over the half way line, McGeouch is injured more often than not, Fyvie has been poor this year and Shinnie took a while to show some form and it doesn't help teams put 2 men on him when he has the ball. I think you'll see a better McGinn when there's a better stronger midfield around him, there's no coincidence that when we played QOS recently the midfield of McGinn/Fyvie and McGeouch were superb with their movement and control of the ball, that's because JM can relax knowing he has players next to him to ease his workload.

The Harp Awakes
06-05-2017, 11:42 PM
Thought he was a startled rabbit in the headlights at the start of the season with a chicken heart. 2nd part of the season a class act. Keep 100%.

pacorosssco
07-05-2017, 01:22 AM
Showed ict has lot to offer but suffered like stokes in that couldnt hit ground running as wasnt match sharp and needed time fine tune game again. If it doesnt break bank id keep him. He seems keen to stay and play for us.

Mantis Toboggan
07-05-2017, 02:47 AM
Thought he was a startled rabbit in the headlights at the start of the season with a chicken heart. 2nd part of the season a class act. Keep 100%.

The boy can play.
There is a boy that sits behind me and the only explanation for the torrent of abuse he gave Shinnie is that he pumped his wife.
Either that or he's an utter dick.

lord bunberry
07-05-2017, 03:37 AM
The boy can play.
There is a boy that sits behind me and the only explanation for the torrent of abuse he gave Shinnie is that he pumped his wife.

You still up mate

Chip shop Joe
07-05-2017, 06:56 AM
The point I'm making is it's up to B'rum to decide what happens not Hibs.We have no say other than offering to take him on loan again.

? surely we could offer to sign him permanently? Or we could offer to take him on loan. The thread is entitled should he be offered a contract.

I am saying that he should not be offered any kind of contract (loan or permanent) as he will be on one of the top wages at the club even if it is just a percentage of his Birmingham wages that we are paying and imo he is not worth the money.

J-C
07-05-2017, 07:05 AM
Shinnie was very good yesterday and he showed exactly why we were excited when he signed on loan, as someone said he was weeks behind everyone fitness wise when he came but is now showing his quality week by week, my only gripe about his game is his lack of strength and how easily he's pushed off the ball but he is quality.

B.H.F.C
07-05-2017, 07:09 AM
Shinnie was very good yesterday and he showed exactly why we were excited when he signed on loan, as someone said he was weeks behind everyone fitness wise when he came but is now showing his quality week by week, my only gripe about his game is his lack of strength and how easily he's pushed off the ball but he is quality.

Quality, for me, is the thing that he's lacked. I've never thought that he was heartless or hides or anything like that. He always wants the ball and is always available for it.

He gets in to a lot of good positions. But for the amount of good positions he take us there is very little end product IMO. I thought that miss after a few minutes yesterday just summed up his season with us. Great run, good position then just a total lack of composure.

Billy Whizz
07-05-2017, 07:41 AM
Doesn't score enough goals in my opinion, for an attacking midfielder

GreenArmyyy!
07-05-2017, 07:57 AM
Absolutely not. Far better out there.

Onion
07-05-2017, 08:04 AM
Can do better than Shinnie for the money, just not good enough for the Prem.

Ozyhibby
07-05-2017, 08:10 AM
Not good enough. Missed an absolute sitter yesterday. We need goals from midfield and he is not capable of getting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
07-05-2017, 08:30 AM

How much are we paying for him?

Ilovehibs
07-05-2017, 08:30 AM
Quality, for me, is the thing that he's lacked. I've never thought that he was heartless or hides or anything like that. He always wants the ball and is always available for it.

He gets in to a lot of good positions. But for the amount of good positions he take us there is very little end product IMO. I thought that miss after a few minutes yesterday just summed up his season with us. Great run, good position then just a total lack of composure.

Exactly right. End product is poor.

Albanian Hibs
07-05-2017, 08:36 AM
The boy can play.

You must sit beside me. Abused him right from the start today, this has gone on all season long. No need. When Shinnie got subbed McGinn then was his target. A guy in front of me was close to knocking him out yesterday.

MWHIBBIES
07-05-2017, 09:48 AM

That why he got a move out of the prem to Birmingham? Assume they thought "well he isnt good enough for the Scottish prem so lets take him to a better league"?

edwards
07-05-2017, 10:01 AM
50-50 for me.

If we sign him, he will have my support like every other player. If we don't, I won't lose any sleep or be hugely disappointed.

This

wookie70
07-05-2017, 10:16 AM
I really like Shinnie but he hasn't quite got the finishing touch. Yesterdays missed chance was a cameo of Shinnie's season. Great movement, gets the ball away to Cummings under huge pressure and is knocked to the floor in our half. Dusts himself off and sprints into a great position to receive the knock down from Holt then misses an easy chance. I keep waiting for him to score regularly as he gets in great positions. If we can get a good deal from brum then I would sign him but I wouldn't be breaking the bank. If he could add some goals to his game he could be a very important player for us.

J-C
07-05-2017, 10:37 AM
As I said in another post Shinnie is starting to show why we were happy when we got him and as many others have stated, his end quality is just not good enough. At ICT he has a record of 66 games and 24 goals, at Birmingham it's 73 games and 6 goals and here it's 27 games and 3 goals. I think we all hoped we were getting the ICT Shinnie but he seems have lost his scoring boots, I think signing Swanson is a direct replacement for Shinnie, similar player but with an end product.

Hi Heid Yin
07-05-2017, 10:45 AM
Thought he'd be a really good signing when we got him but have been disappointed with him.

Gets in to some good positions but the end product, be it a pass or finish, hasn't been anywhere near good enough for me.

This

Eyrie
07-05-2017, 11:40 AM
I'm in the "no" camp.

Shinnie shows flashes of being a good player to get our hopes up, then misplaces a pass or balloons a shot over the bar to frustrate us.

We need players with more consistency for next season.

J-C
07-05-2017, 11:43 AM
I'm in the "no" camp.

Shinnie shows flashes of being a good player to get our hopes up, then misplaces a pass or balloons a shot over the bar to frustrate us.

We need players with more consistency for next season.

There was a ball he was chasing in the 2nd half with their winger Morgan, the young lad pushed him aside like he wasn't there and Morgan is built like a whippet, to weak in the challenge far too often.

Mantis Toboggan
11-05-2017, 10:48 PM
You must sit beside me. Abused him right from the start today, this has gone on all season long. No need. When Shinnie got subbed McGinn then was his target. A guy in front of me was close to knocking him out yesterday.

Are you west upper?
Tbh there are probably hundreds of melters giving him abuse every week. I don't understand it. If you want to moan for 90 minutes **** off to Scorpio leisure.