PDA

View Full Version : John McGinn to Celtic

Unseen work
05-05-2017, 07:40 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-target-john-mcginn-chelsea-10359122

according to BBC Celtic are eyeing up a 1.5 million move for Mcginn, what is everyone's thoughts in this?

Personally I don't think 1.5 on its own is enough.

what I think will happen is however is 1.5 plus one or two players

I can't see them including Hendo in the deal as I think they will want money for him but I would like to see one or two out of

Ciftci
Gary Mckay Steven
ScottAllan
Liam Henderson

Onceinawhile
05-05-2017, 07:41 AM
1.5m??? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajahahahaha hahahahahahajahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Ha.

keep the faith
05-05-2017, 07:42 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-target-john-mcginn-chelsea-10359122

according to BBC Celtic are eyeing up a 1.5 million move for Mcginn, what is everyone's thoughts in this?

Personally I don't think 1.5 on its own is enough.

what I think will happen is however is 1.5 plus one or two players

I can't see them including Hendo in the deal as I think they will want money for him but I would like to see one or two out of

Ciftci
Gary Mckay Steven
ScottAllan
Liam Henderson

Allan and Henderson for me.

we are hibs
05-05-2017, 07:42 AM
Any pathetic bids like 1.5 million regardless of players coming in should be punted. Minimum 2.5 million. He's a Scottish cup and league cup winning international midfielder. 1.5 million is nowhere near enough.

Big_Franck
05-05-2017, 07:43 AM
Not going to open a ****** link but if they've quoted 1.5m they are even more deluded than I thought.

JDHibs
05-05-2017, 07:46 AM
Not. Happening.

Greencore
05-05-2017, 07:51 AM
Not going to happen. Chancers.

Springbank
05-05-2017, 07:51 AM
1.5 mil is quite a distance below half price

when it reaches 1.5 plus Allan and Henderson then we might have a decision to make

Great to have Leanne and RP on our team for these kinds of situation

H18 SFR
05-05-2017, 07:52 AM

when it reaches 1.5 plus Allan and Henderson then we might have a decision to make

Couldn't agree more to all of that, especially the part about our negotiations team - best two in the land.

Scouse Hibee
05-05-2017, 07:55 AM
£1.5 million probably not far off the mark for a player who has shown massive inconsistency but always seems to be overlooked for criticism from Hibs fans regardless of his performance. Probably would just be a squad player with Celtic, has plenty of potential so maybe £2 million at most.

CorrieHibs
05-05-2017, 07:55 AM
I know Rodgers has said he is admirer of Mcginn, however is the Daily Express reliable? They've probably made it up and the offer.

McGinn is worth more than £1.5 million. It wouldn't be worth it cos we owe St.Mirren 33%.

H18 SFR
05-05-2017, 07:57 AM
I'd take 1.5M plus McGinn back on loan for a year, Allan and Henderson permanent - both salaries half paid by Celtic, and stuff it, Christie on loan for the year.

Negotiate that bad boy RP and LD!!

BegbieHSC
05-05-2017, 08:02 AM
Their arrogance is quite infuriating actually.

Celtic demand a £40m minimum for not even their best player this summer, yet in the same transfer window demand that we buckle to their whims for our best player for a measly £1.5m despite McGinn being capped internationally?

Not a chance - they can absolutely do one!

TheMentalHibees
05-05-2017, 08:04 AM
He could do better than that shower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenginger
05-05-2017, 08:05 AM
What is the % of any McGinn transfer fee that St Mirren will be due ?

Aldo
05-05-2017, 08:06 AM
Unless clubs come to the figure Hibs value SJM or any other contracted player then teams can just do one!

Testing times ahead!

portyhibernian
05-05-2017, 08:08 AM
£2m and sweeten the deal with a couple of players (Henderson and Allan would be good), and I'd probably begrudgingly accept that. Anything less, no deal.

My old man
05-05-2017, 08:09 AM
I'd take 1.5M plus McGinn back on loan for a year, Allan and Henderson permanent - both salaries half paid by Celtic, and stuff it, Christie on loan for the year.

Negotiate that bad boy RP and LD!!

I'm sick and tired of sellick doing this I would be like
You want sjm
Well it will cost you £2m plus LH +LG+ RC+ SA
SO **** OFF till you are willing to give us what we want
GGTTH

Marco G
05-05-2017, 08:09 AM
Their arrogance is quite infuriating actually.

Celtic demand a £40m minimum for not even their best player this summer, yet in the same transfer window demand that we buckle to their whims for our best player for a measly £1.5m despite McGinn being capped internationally?

Not a chance - they can absolutely do one!
Agreed, but this is not an offer from Celtic, it's a rumour in a rag!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
05-05-2017, 08:21 AM
£1.5m is half of what I think we can get for him.
Celtic do have some players they no longer want that would improve us though, so it's possible a deal could be done.

calumhibee1
05-05-2017, 08:22 AM
£2m plus Henderson and GMS on permanent transfers and I'd take it.

Stevie Reid
05-05-2017, 08:26 AM
A newspaper writing about a report in another newspaper that says that Celtic have been 'linked' with him.

I'm not concerned at the moment, and confident we'll get good money for him when he does go. I'd be really surprised if Celtic wanted him right now, though.

Diclonius
05-05-2017, 08:32 AM
Double it and throw in Allan and Henderson. They can afford it so pay up or **** off.

JimboHibs
05-05-2017, 08:34 AM
I can't see Henderson being part of any deal should it happen,BR rates him highly and quite rightly so as the boy is very very good.

anon1875
05-05-2017, 08:36 AM
It's simple, don't sell early in the window. Wait and see how much how they get from Dembele and set a price accordingly.

Can't really play hard ball considering all the players they have loaned us/sold us on the cheap. We've done some fantastic business with Celtic over the last 2 years and if they came in for McGinn, I'm certain Petrie would get us a fair deal. Any deal with Henderson or Allan + cash would be good for us.

Think Fyvie is the unluckiest center mid in Scotland atm, would slot right in if McGinn was sold.

Ozyhibby
05-05-2017, 08:38 AM
I can't see Henderson being part of any deal should it happen,BR rates him highly and quite rightly so as the boy is very very good.

Only 5 starts this season. Henderson needs to move or his career will stall big time. He is well down the pecking order at Celtic. Whether it's to us or not, he needs to move on.

Heisenberg
05-05-2017, 08:38 AM

He can't rate him that highly if he's struggling to make the bench for them these days. I'd go as far as saying any deal with them has to include Hendo (plus a lot more than 1.5 million)

Michael
05-05-2017, 08:39 AM
We generally get decent fees for players, so no chance he'll go for £1.5 million.

brog
05-05-2017, 08:47 AM
£1.5 million probably not far off the mark for a player who has shown massive inconsistency but always seems to be overlooked for criticism from Hibs fans regardless of his performance. Probably would just be a squad player with Celtic, has plenty of potential so maybe £2 million at most.

Do you ever post anything positive about Hibs?

Jack Hackett
05-05-2017, 08:49 AM
Haha!

Unseen work
05-05-2017, 08:49 AM
From a selfish point of view I think we would get the best deal from Celtic in terms of money and players coming to us.

But for McGinn he should go to England imo, he's not good enough to get in that Celtic team and there is about 5 players ahead of him

Speedy
05-05-2017, 08:50 AM
£1.5m plus Dembele and we can start discussions :greengrin

brog
05-05-2017, 08:50 AM
Couldn't agree more to all of that, especially the part about our negotiations team - best two in the land.

I agree 100% re LD but I remain to be convinced about RP. We got the thick end of an extra £4m for the twins & Fletch thanks to John Collins not Rod. TBF to RP he took these lessons on board & has greatly improved but it's in LD I trust!

Betty Boop
05-05-2017, 08:54 AM
Inevitable he would end up there.

CapitalGreen
05-05-2017, 08:55 AM
Comparison of Brown when he left Hibs to McGinn now:

Scott Brown
134 first team appearances, 20 goals
3 International caps
1 League Cup

John McGinn
186 first team appearances, 14 goals
3 International caps
1 League Cup
1 Scottish Cup

Unseen work
05-05-2017, 08:58 AM
Comparison of Brown when he left Hibs to McGinn now:

Scott Brown
134 first team appearances, 20 goals
3 International caps
1 League Cup

John McGinn
186 first team appearances, 14 goals
3 International caps
1 League Cup
1 Scottish Cup

Besides the fact Brown was better ....

Keyser Sauzee
05-05-2017, 09:02 AM

Far better IMHO, people think stats are enough these days but Browns all round play was a lot better thank McGinns in a better league hence why he went for a record fee. I like McGinn a lot but he has been too inconsistent in a league where he should be miles ahead. £1.5M plus players and I would be inclined to take it.

eastmainsmsh
05-05-2017, 09:10 AM
Would need to sing we've had mcginn

Big_Franck
05-05-2017, 09:24 AM
Would need to sing we've had mcginn
Not if we sign his brother Stephen from St Mirren :greengrin

18Hibee75
05-05-2017, 09:25 AM
£3M plus Henderson, Ambrose and Allan. Or you can F*** off you patronising pri***.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Is It On....
05-05-2017, 09:27 AM

£1.5m to us is the key as St Mirren are also due a share. Similarly, I would expect LD to also put in place a sell-on clause as part of any deal.

seanshow
05-05-2017, 09:34 AM
2007 - Scott Brown leaves Hibernian for £4.4M, 10 years on we should get at least the same, if not more for SJM whenever he decides to leave..... in fact taking into account EPL's inflated prices, sell him to an English club for double that!

Scouse Hibee
05-05-2017, 09:43 AM
Do you ever post anything positive about Hibs?

:confused: You may disagree with my valuation of McGinn which is fair enough, but to suggest I don't post positively about Hibs is :faf:

Speedway
05-05-2017, 09:44 AM
What is the % of any McGinn transfer fee that St Mirren will be due ?

33% according to the papers.

Keyser Sauzee
05-05-2017, 09:46 AM
2007 - Scott Brown leaves Hibernian for £4.4M, 10 years on we should get at least the same, if not more for SJM whenever he decides to leave..... in fact taking into account EPL's inflated prices, sell him to an English club for double that!

We won't get near the £4.4M we got for Brown never mind double that to anybody. no team is going to pay Hibs that kind of money for a player regardless of how much money English teams have for one reason, Hibs don't produce or have players that are worth that kind of money. Folk need to get real.

BoomtownHibees
05-05-2017, 09:48 AM
£3M plus Henderson, Ambrose and Allan. Or you can F*** off you patronising pri***.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Don't think Ambrose is theirs to negotiate with

snooky
05-05-2017, 09:49 AM
For starters, stuff Allan. He's a yesterday man. Good player when he was with us but done nothing since and left us with a bad taste in our mouth.
Do we want to pay money for players who Celtc are probably going to release anyway?
Here's my deal. £2.5m + Sparky and they pay the balance of Leigh's wages for the first year.
I would shake on that.

Baw187
05-05-2017, 09:49 AM
Firstly, this is the usual rumour from a tabloid rag and holds as much actual credibility as me giving out advice on building rockets.

Secondly, people need to get real with how they benchmark the value of players and also realise if Celtic are interested they are going to test the waters.

Just cause there's stupid money down south which means average players sell for loads of cash, doesn't mean the same thing happens here. We've also benefited quite a bit from Celtic loaning us players in the last couple of years and no doubt paying large parts of their wages. Whilst I'm not suggesting we owe them anything in terms of giving them first dibs at basement prices for our star players, the angst towards them supposedly testing us with a £1.5m enquiry about McGinn is a wee bit OTT. Hardly scandalous stuff!

CapitalGreen
05-05-2017, 09:54 AM

3x better?

Pretty Boy
05-05-2017, 10:04 AM
McGinn would have to improve massively to make any impression at Celtic.

He's underperformed for Hibs in the Championship this season imo. Anyone thinking McGinn is going to command a fee of £3M+ is living in dreamland.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2017, 10:11 AM
Get to ****

Big L
05-05-2017, 10:21 AM
If it's true that the Tic want JMcG, I would be looking to build a very good squad on the back of his transfer. They have some quality players sitting on the sidelines, Hendo, SA, GMS, and Christie to name just some. If we take the cash, I don't think we will bring in better players than that lot, take the players and whatever cash we can get.

Billy Whizz
05-05-2017, 10:23 AM
If it's true that the Tic want JMcG, I would be looking to build a very good squad on the back of his transfer. They have some quality players sitting on the sidelines, Hendo, SA, GMS, and Christie to name just some. If we take the cash, I don't think we will bring in better players than that lot, take the players and whatever cash we can get.

Don't want them as loans though, we need players signed up and committed to Hibs

Baw187
05-05-2017, 10:26 AM
McGinn would have to improve massively to make any impression at Celtic.

He's underperformed for Hibs in the Championship this season imo. Anyone thinking McGinn is going to command a fee of £3M+ is living in dreamland.

I wouldn't say he's underperformed but he's hardly been sensational all season. Had great games and had others where he's not been at the races.

Agree with your point on the valuation though. Has a lot to prove in the Premiership first if he's going to go for that kind of money.

If we sold him for £1.5m and bought Stevie Mallan for a fraction of that fee I'd be relatively happy.

mjhibby
05-05-2017, 10:26 AM
While sjm hasn't been as good this season he is a regular in the scotland squad and will be on the radar of a few clubs. The express story is nonsense and I doubt he'd get into their midfield although I'm sure he would back himself to do so. He won't be leaving unless the fee is around £2.5 to 3m. More likely to be a team at the top end of the English championship like derby. If he gets back to the form of last season then the skies the limit. There will be endless guff in the papers about hibs players most of it utter tripe. I'll believe and signing or exit when I see them holding the respective scarfs at the photo calls.

Northernhibee
05-05-2017, 10:27 AM

SA is finished - Henderson and GMS permanent signings for me please, maybe even Cifci.

That might even prevent us having to give St Mirren anything.

Big L
05-05-2017, 10:29 AM
Don't want them as loans though, we need players signed up and committed to Hibs

Totally agree, that's the way forward. If Hibs/Lennon play it right, this could be massive for us. I don't want to lose JMcG but their could be real gains for us in this deal.

anon1875
05-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Firstly, this is the usual rumour from a tabloid rag and holds as much actual credibility as me giving out advice on building rockets.

Secondly, people need to get real with how they benchmark the value of players and also realise if Celtic are interested they are going to test the waters.

Just cause there's stupid money down south which means average players sell for loads of cash, doesn't mean the same thing happens here. We've also benefited quite a bit from Celtic loaning us players in the last couple of years and no doubt paying large parts of their wages. Whilst I'm not suggesting we owe them anything in terms of giving them first dibs at basement prices for our star players, the angst towards them supposedly testing us with a £1.5m enquiry about McGinn is a wee bit OTT. Hardly scandalous stuff!

Very good point about loan players. Without them we wouldn't of won the cup and thats a fact. People here a are quick to forget.

mjhibby
Remember he has 2 years left in his contract so the fee would reflect that.it will be well north of £1.5m I'm very confident of that. I dont think he's going anywhere anyway as Lennon has already stated it will take an exceptional offer for us to let him go. He certainly won't be as big as loss as we once thought and Lennon in sure has targets in mind but mallan and Mackay Stevens in and a sizeable wad of cash would do for me.

lord bunberry
If we took £1.5m plus 2 players how much would we have to give St Mirren? Does the value of the 2 players get added to the £1.5m before the 33% is deducted?

Hibbyradge
05-05-2017, 10:34 AM
£3m plus Hendo and Griffiths, and 2 free Cineworld tickets a week for the duration of SJMs contract.

And a 50% sell on clause.

JeMeSouviens
05-05-2017, 10:37 AM

That depends on the player though. You can't say Liam Henderson was anything other than 100% committed while with us. I'd rather have a loaned Liam Henderson than a fully signed up Liam Craig.

portyhibernian
05-05-2017, 10:38 AM
If we took £1.5m plus 2 players how much would we have to give St Mirren? Does the value of the 2 players get added to the £1.5m before the 33% is deducted?

I think it's just the transfer fee, so 30% of £1.5m.

snooky
05-05-2017, 10:43 AM
Very good point about loan players. Without them we wouldn't of won the cup and thats a fact. People here a are quick to forget.
Agreed but if we had them permanent they would still be with us and we may have won it again. (Alas, the fire went oot).

danhibees1875
05-05-2017, 10:44 AM
I think it's just the transfer fee, so 30% of £1.5m.

I asked this on another thread and was told that the valuation of the additional players would be taken into account. I think they are already valued as part of the deal anyway.

So e.g.:

The deal: £1.5m + Henderson for SJM

Hibs pay St M: £500k + 1/3rd of the value that is given to LH - I'm just not sure who values/confirms the value of Henderson.

We could end up losing money if someone valued LH at over £3m. :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
05-05-2017, 10:46 AM

And that's an attitude Scottish clubs have allowed themselves to be suckered into for 10 years. Scotland is, and always has been, part of the English transfer market ... there has to be a correlation between fees being asked down there and what we demand for our players, which is exactly why Celtic quoted 40 million for Dembele ..... they didn't bother to take into account he was playing in a team where my granny would be guaranteed a 20 goal season, they looked at what he would be worth if he was playing for Hull City or Sunderland. The other factor was that they are in a position where they don't have to sell and that is always a huge advantage.

We are in exactly the same position with John McGinn. If Celtic are asking 40 million for a player who has had one good season in a league some of the nay sayers tout as little better than England's league one, then we absolutely should be looking for 3 million for a player who has a record like SJM's .... even if his form has suffered a little this season. Like Celtic with Dembele we are not under pressure to sell ..... like 'every' club we will sell if the price is right, but we don't need the money to survive and from that position we have the upper hand in any negotiation.

In short, it doesn't matter a toss what Celtic or anybody else thinks SJM is worth ... its what Hibs think he is worth and I'm willing to bet its more than a paltry 1.5 million.

snooky
05-05-2017, 10:48 AM
I asked this on another thread and was told that the valuation of the additional players would be taken into account. I think they are already valued as part of the deal anyway.

So e.g.:

Hibs pay St M: £500k + 1/3rd of the value that is given to LH - I'm just not sure who values/confirms the value of Henderson.

£1.5m for SJM & £3m for LH?
More like the other way around (according to most on Hibsnet.)

snooky
05-05-2017, 10:50 AM
And that's an attitude Scottish clubs have allowed themselves to be suckered into for 10 years. Scotland is, and always has been, part of the English transfer market ... there has to be a correlation between fees being asked down there and what we demand for our players, which is exactly why Celtic quoted 40 million for Dembele ..... they didn't bother to take into account he was playing in a team where my granny would be guaranteed a 20 goal season, they looked at what he would be worth if he was playing for Hull City or Sunderland. The other factor was that they are in a position where they don't have to sell and that is always a huge advantage.

We are in exactly the same position with John McGinn. If Celtic are asking 40 million for a player who has had one good season in a league some of the nay sayers tout as little better than England's league one, then we absolutely should be looking for 3 million for a player who has a record like SJM's .... even if his form has suffered a little this season. Like Celtic with Dembele we are not under pressure to sell ..... like 'every' club we will sell if the price is right, but we don't need the money to survive and from that position we have the upper hand in any negotiation.

In short, it doesn't matter a toss what Celtic or anybody else thinks SJM is worth ... its what Hibs think he is worth and I'm willing to bet its more than a paltry 1.5 million.

Agreed.
FWIW, the price of anything is what the market is willing to pay for it.

brog
05-05-2017, 10:51 AM
:confused: You may disagree with my valuation of McGinn which is fair enough, but to suggest I don't post positively about Hibs is :faf:

Apologies if I'm wrongly doing you down but I have a recent memory of you saying ( I paraphrase ) that our chances of finishing 2nd next season are a fantasy.

danhibees1875
05-05-2017, 10:52 AM
£1.5m for SJM & £3m for LH?
More like the other way around (according to most on Hibsnet.)

It was a hypothetical example, McGinn is obviously worth £30m :greengrin

But for the person who suggested we get £1.5m plus Dembele, we best hope that whoever does do the valuing doesn't agree with the £40m asking price of Celtic - or else we'll be paying St Mirren a heck of a lot of money. :greengrin

Baw187
05-05-2017, 10:54 AM

Ok, that being said, who was the last non OF player to go to England for £3m?

CropleyWasGod
05-05-2017, 10:56 AM

Each player would be valued individually.

There are VAT issues, possibly insurance issues, and certainly St Mirren issues.

danhibees1875
05-05-2017, 10:59 AM
Each player would be valued individually.

There are VAT issues, possibly insurance issues, and certainly St Mirren issues.

Do you know who decides/oversees/audits the valuations?

Scouse Hibee
05-05-2017, 11:00 AM
Apologies if I'm wrongly doing you down but I have a recent memory of you saying ( I paraphrase ) that our chances of finishing 2nd next season are a fantasy.

Surely you can see that opinions differ, it doesn't mean I am down on Hibs though, far from it.

CropleyWasGod
05-05-2017, 11:03 AM
Do you know who decides/oversees/audits the valuations?

The clubs would agree on the valuations.

If, say, St Mirren had an issue with our valuing of SJM, I'm sure they would be able to appeal to the SFA.

Andy74
05-05-2017, 11:06 AM

Craig Gordon?

Craig_HFC
05-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Craig Gordon?

Think it was maybe Steven Fletcher to Burnley?

danhibees1875
The clubs would agree on the valuations.

If, say, St Mirren had an issue with our valuing of SJM, I'm sure they would be able to appeal to the SFA.
:aok:

Thanks.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Big L

I would think that St Mirren would be due their % of the total transfer fee which would Inc the value of any players coming our way, which of course would be a grey area.

Sean1875
05-05-2017, 11:08 AM
£2.5-3 + GMS and youve got a deal. Anything less than that then no danger, we dont need to sell - as many have said with LD and Petrie there you can guarantee we'll get a good deal whatever happens.

Baw187
05-05-2017, 11:15 AM
Craig Gordon?

And both he and Fletcher had far greater experience that SJM.

The point is, the English clubs don't tend to splash out the big bucks on Scottish Championship (or Premiership) players with Mcginn's level of experience.

H18 SFR
05-05-2017, 11:17 AM

So e.g.:

Its not 33% of the value over 100K, it is 33% of the transfer fee. This was confirmed by the old St Mirren chairman on a saints forum.

H18 SFR
05-05-2017, 11:19 AM
I would think that St Mirren would be due their % of the total transfer fee which would Inc the value of any players coming our way, which of course would be a grey area.

There are ways around this, we sell McGinn for x amount and buy a Celtic player for 1p.

NAE NOOKIE
05-05-2017, 11:19 AM

My whole point if you read my first sentence. Scottish clubs are selling players to England for peanuts because for the most part they cant afford to turn down any offer that's half way close to their true valuation .... just about every Scottish club is living hand to mouth and football is full of carpet baggers willing to take advantage.

At the moment only two or three Scottish clubs are in a position to point a shotgun at the Vultures and thankfully Hibs are one of them ... we aint no Ross County, Hamilton Accies or ICT and that's something that the likes of Celtic and whatever other club who wants our players are going to have to realise.

If Peterborough are offering 1.8 million for JC a giant like Celtic can offer a hell of a lot more for John McGinn ..... they know it and Hibs sure as hell know it ...... that offer for JC may have been unwelcome, but the one thing it has done is set a benchmark for future negotiations .... in fact Neil Lennon alluded to as much during his interview on the Ladbrokes show.

Scottish players are going to England and Celtic for peanuts because for the most part they know they can get away with it .. not because the fees paid are what the players are worth in today's market ...... time for clubs like Hibs to treat that approach with the contempt it deserves.

danhibees1875
05-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Its not 33% of the value over 100K, it is 33% of the transfer fee. This was confirmed by the old St Mirren chairman on a saints forum.

and the transfer fee was purely the money changing hands and not the overall value?

There are ways around this, we sell McGinn for x amount and buy a Celtic player for 1p.

I don't think that would be allowed. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
05-05-2017, 11:26 AM
At £1.5m we are as well keeping him another year as we are just as likely to get that next summer, maybe more if he has a good season.

Baw187
05-05-2017, 11:30 AM
My whole point if you read my first sentence. Scottish clubs are selling players to England for peanuts because for the most part they cant afford to turn down any offer that's half way close to their true valuation .... just about every Scottish club is living hand to mouth and football is full of carpet baggers willing to take advantage.

At the moment only two or three Scottish clubs are in a position to point a shotgun at the Vultures and thankfully Hibs are one of them ... we aint no Ross County, Hamilton Accies or ICT and that's something that the likes of Celtic and whatever other club who wants our players are going to have to realise.

If Peterborough are offering 1.8 million for JC a giant like Celtic can offer a hell of a lot more for John McGinn ..... they know it and Hibs sure as hell know it ...... that offer for JC may have been unwelcome, but the one thing it has done is set a benchmark for future negotiations .... in fact Neil Lennon alluded to as much during his interview on the Ladbrokes show.

Scottish players are going to England and Celtic for peanuts because for the most part they know they can get away with it .. not because the fees paid are what the players are worth in today's market ...... time for clubs like Hibs to treat that approach with the contempt it deserves.

Ok I see your point and there probably is a fair bit of bargain hunting going on by the English clubs and Celtic.

I do still feel that we (the fans) are a bit quick to slap huge fee expectations on players who we think are great cause they do a job for us, but who would represent a big risk for the bigger teams due to their relative lack of experience.

I think that risk has to be reflected in the fees that get offered. Whether £1.5m represents value for McGinn, I don't know. He's probably more valuable to us than Celtic so while £1.5m might represent a fair price to them given his age and the risk he might not make the grade for them, it's probably not enough for us to give up what he brings to our team.

IF (and it's a big if) this is true, I don't think we can be shouting he's worth £3m however that doesn't mean to say it wouldn't take £3m to prise him away from us. That might be the case and if someone paid that, I reckon that's good business on our part. But we shouldn't expect a team to be paying that, not by a long shot IMO.

Sean1875
05-05-2017, 11:31 AM
At £1.5m we are as well keeping him another year as we are just as likely to get that next summer, maybe more if he has a good season.

If he doesnt sign a new deal and he stays another year he'd only have 1 year left on his contract IIRC. Would definitely effect how much we would get for him

CropleyWasGod
05-05-2017, 11:36 AM
In which case we have a player with an insurance value of 1p. Not smart 😊

And what happens if there's a sell-on clause for that player? We'd get screwed.

See my earlier post. St Mirren are entitled to a fair valuation.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
05-05-2017, 11:40 AM
If he doesnt sign a new deal and he stays another year he'd only have 1 year left on his contract IIRC. Would definitely effect how much we would get for him

I agree but £1.5m is so low that I think we could still get that next season.

ian cruise
05-05-2017, 11:44 AM
Why are we complaining about Celtic undervaluing SJM but on the same thread discussing ways to reduce the amount we have to pay St Mirren. Ultimately would we not be guilty of the same thing of we did use lop holes to reduce their cut?

We agreed to the 33% and I'd like to see Hibs honour that, I'd hate it if another club undercut us in some way over a promising player with the belief of future value. Additionally given were hoping to negotiate with St Mirren over Mallen I can't see the club making g those discussions more difficult by not honouring the original SJM deal as it was intended

yonder1875
05-05-2017, 11:46 AM
On a personal level for McGinn, he should surely at the very least stay with us next season for the Prem. I really do think he'd shine playing in bigger games against better players and that will command a hefty transfer fee for us when the time comes.

Green Badger
05-05-2017, 11:54 AM
The fact that we are worried about the %age for St Mirren overall is a good problem to have, and definitely a very rare thing for Hibs in recent years. When was the last time we sold a player for significant dosh?

Whilst we will not get the full amount, the fact we stand to still make a good profit from the deal when he goes is a positive.

Ideally he signs a one or two year extension with a bump in wages and we have a gentlemans agreement he can go next summer.

MrSmith
05-05-2017, 11:57 AM
I think its a non starter or p@sh! Celtic are financially stable and will be building for the champions league next season, where would John McGinn fit into the equation? Celtic will be looking for bigger and better players not a player they let go some time back.

Laced1875
05-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Celtic have Allan, Henderson, Christie, Armstrong, McGregor as young Scottish talent in their midfield, two maybe three deemed not good enough and will leave... I can't see SJM starting in their midfield at this point in his career, which he needs to do if to reach his potential.

Keith_M
05-05-2017, 12:11 PM

Or just do the decent thing and give St Mirren their fair share.

JDHibs
05-05-2017, 12:13 PM
Christ, we slate Hearts and The Rangers for dodgy dealings and ripping people off and here we are, in this very thread, some trying to figure out a way how to rip St Mirren out of the 33% sell on clause that we agreed to!

Hibs class? Hopefully the club has more class than some of its fans. We would be fuming if the tables were turned.

Wembley67
05-05-2017, 12:16 PM
I've not gone through this thread but he wouldn't get a game for Celtic, he is a good player for us but Rodgers will be looking at players a good level at least above him.

matty_f
05-05-2017, 12:21 PM
I've not gone through this thread but he wouldn't get a game for Celtic, he is a good player for us but Rodgers will be looking at players a good level at least above him.

I'm not so sure - you look at Stuart Armstrong who was a good but unspectacular player at Dundee United. McGinn might not go straight into the side but Rodgers will be looking at him as a possible midfielder for the next five or six years.

McGinn is a smashing player, there's a very good reason that he's caught the eye of the international manager and that other clubs would want to be courting him.

He's far from the finished article, but if he develops and steps up the way he did when moving from St Mirren to us, then he'll be a fantastic signing for wheover picks him up.

GreenOnions
05-05-2017, 12:36 PM
I can definitely see why Celtic and many others would be interested in John McGinn. If he were to go there or to a club at a that level I don't think he would be pencilled-in as a starter at the outset but I'd imagine they would hope that he could gradually be introduced to the first team. I feel he's definitely got the ability and the right attitude to succeed. Let's not forget he was awarded man-of-the-match in his first appearance for Scotland too. That says a lot about his mental attitude as well as his ability.

Having said all that - I would be gutted if we lost McGinn this summer and really hope he stays for at least our first season back in the Premiership.

emerald green
05-05-2017, 12:37 PM
Where does this figure of £1.5m come from? Has someone made it up, or guessed at some random figure?

For starters, £1.5m is far too low, and Hibs will hopefully tell Celtic to GTF and come back with a more realistic offer, if in fact they ever do.

KeithTheHibby
05-05-2017, 12:42 PM
1.5m plus Henderson and Allan would represent a good deal for Hibs.

I like McGinn and would hate to see him leave however to get Allan and Henderson who are both quality players and some wonga is good business.

Famous Fiver
05-05-2017, 12:47 PM
It will be interesting to see the reception he gets tomorrow.

Has he actually refused to sign a new/improved contract with us? Could he sign one and we could up the price or is he keen to go?

Family connection with Celtic, obvious attraction for him but we do not want to be sold short.

How is it all going to pan out?

snooky
05-05-2017, 12:52 PM

:agree: Integrity and dignity are things money can't buy, but money can lose.

Aldo
05-05-2017, 12:59 PM

Exactly. Agreement is in place and for me the agreement should be honoured in full!

Hibs90
05-05-2017, 01:03 PM
1.5m plus Henderson and Allan would represent a good deal for Hibs.

I like McGinn and would hate to see him leave however to get Allan and Henderson who are both quality players and some wonga is good business.

Don't want Allan anywhere near Hibs.

mjhibby
05-05-2017, 01:04 PM
Can't believe that this throwaway headline in the express has had so many replies. The value is way to low and McGinn has handled himself well in everything he says. He will be at hibs for the upcoming season unless we get a very large bid ,way above that nonsense figure in the express. We've got a whole summer of this nonsense to put up with. Joy.

houstonhibbee
05-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Can't believe how desperate some folk are to let go of our crown jewels
its if anything an opening offer from Rodgers and far from a finally negotiated price. He is of course worth far more than $1.5m.
there will be plenty players out if contract that we can attract without spending money or offsetting transfer money on players under contract and at the end of the day it's what we can afford to pay good players that counts

thank god Leanne is in charge and not half the posters on this thread

MWHIBBIES
05-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Don't want Allan anywhere near Hibs.It matters what Neil Lennon wants, not us.

DavidDavidGray
05-05-2017, 01:30 PM
Hasn't Scott Allan just been released from Celtic and Ambroses contract up soon? Why would we include them in a swap deal when we could get them for free? I wouldn't want Allan back, was good when he was with us but has decreased as a player and wouldn't care about the club. If we were to sell McGinn to Celtic, you'd want around 2/2.5 million realistically aswell as maybe a Henderson or a Griffiths

Pete70
05-05-2017, 01:31 PM

Which IIRC was denied by Rod as being no where near that much at the AGM following that SM forum.

Also, depending on those who are "in the know"/media, the sell on % is 20%, 30%, 33% or 40%. All of which are submitted as facts.

houstonhibbee
05-05-2017, 01:34 PM
Hasn't Scott Allan just been released from Celtic and Ambroses contract up soon? Why would we include them in a swap deal when we could get them for free? I wouldn't want Allan back, was good when he was with us but has decreased as a player and wouldn't care about the club. If we were to sell McGinn to Celtic, you'd want around 2/2.5 million realistically aswell as maybe a Henderson or a Griffiths
Griffiths has to be worth more than mcginn in my opinion
but how do folk think we can afford wages for players like griffiths. That's the reason ultimately why players like mcginn will leave hibs so I don't follow that logic

truehibernian
05-05-2017, 01:39 PM
Celtic are due £5 million from the impending VVD sale, potentially silly money for Dembele, and CL group stage cash......Hibs don't need to sell and are financially stable.

If Lewis McLeod can go for £1 million having not won anything, in lower leagues, and no international recognition, I'd simply say to Lawell - "£3 million and we'll talk" - chicken feed for Celtic in their strong financial position at present. Added to which SJM is improving season on season and has now a proven track record as a winner. He has the skill, technique, mentality and humility to reach the English Premiership in the next 2 years on his progression path.

Baldy Foghorn
05-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Celtic with all their money, still trying to buy Scottish player's on the cheap. Have been doing it since their inception, no surprise now.....

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2017, 01:44 PM
I will be surprised if this is true. McGinn wouldn't get into the Celtic side, and it's not as if they're struggling for back up players. He'd be in serious danger of becoming another Scott Allan. Sounds like a headline to get Celtic fans looking at their website.

SanFranHibs
05-05-2017, 01:45 PM

Good question.

My view is if all they offer is a straight 1.5 to 2 million then tell them to F-off.

Time Hibs pay St Mirren (if they indeed have to) then it's not worth it.

:flag:

PS. Forgot to say I doubt there is much to this report anyhow. Why do Celtic even need him?

SanFranHibs
05-05-2017, 01:48 PM
Celtic are due £5 million from the impending VVD sale, potentially silly money for Dembele, and CL group stage cash......Hibs don't need to sell and are financially stable.

If Lewis McLeod can go for £1 million having not won anything, in lower leagues, and no international recognition, I'd simply say to Lawell - "£3 million and we'll talk" - chicken feed for Celtic in their strong financial position at present. Added to which SJM is improving season on season and has now a proven track record as a winner. He has the skill, technique, mentality and humility to reach the English Premiership in the next 2 years on his progression path.

But if we did sell him would not Hibs have to pay you his agents fee?

:greengrin

GreenPJ
05-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Celtic with all their money, still trying to buy Scottish player's on the cheap. Have been doing it since their inception, no surprise now.....

They can only buy if someone is willing to sell at that cost.

truehibernian
05-05-2017, 01:54 PM

Which is why Hibs could prosper BF and play with Celtic. SJM is a very grounded lad and I think he knows in his heart (as Hibs do) he's destined for bigger things but won't rock any boat to get there. Old head on young shoulders with good family behind him. Hibs putting a £3 million valuation isn't being outlandish or exaggerating his talent - it shows how highly we rate him, and shows Celtic we needn't answer Lawell's calls until he states that magic figure.

Unlike the Brown, Thomson and GOC era we don't need to sell - admittedly the club needs finance to compete, but we're healthy - Celtic need to understand their place in the 'food chain' too. I'll bet any money English Championship sides are monitoring McGinn and £3 million is easily within reach of many clubs in that league.

ekhibee
05-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Griffiths has to be worth more than mcginn in my opinion
but how do folk think we can afford wages for players like griffiths. That's the reason ultimately why players like mcginn will leave hibs so I don't follow that logic
Yep, that's my thoughts too, it might well come down to wages as opposed to transfer fees. Even if we did get £3 million for McGinn we have a wage structure in place, and that wage structure might not appeal to the more valuable players we could buy with the money from the McGinn sale. I can't be too critical of Hibs wage structure as I don't know the details of it, but figures such as £1500, £2k and £2.5k have been banded about on here. If any of those figures are true then we would be gambling that some players we are interested in would be prepared to take, in some cases, quite a hefty wage cut, and IMO that's quite unlikely most of the time. That's why I would be interested in players like Mallan, Morgan etc. We'd be able to give St Mirren good money for those players, good players, and not necessarily have to change the current wage structure. But others on here probably have a firmer financial understanding than I do, it's just my opinion after all.

Keyser Sauzee

U might be a bit unhappy in a couple of months then.....

truehibernian
But if we did sell him would not Hibs have to pay you his agents fee?

:greengrin

Funnily enough I saw SJM in M&S Foodhall in Morningside with his missus this week and he blanked me :greengrin

If I was his agent I'd be saying '£5 million and Hendo' :wink::greengrin

GreenLake
05-05-2017, 01:58 PM
$1.5m deposit. Two additional payments of $1.5m over 2 years plus Griffiths and Henderson. Plus we get a 30% sell on fee. Take it or leave it.

keep the faith
05-05-2017, 02:02 PM
U might be a bit unhappy in a couple of months then.....

Good to hear. Would love to watch Scott Allan in a hibs jersey again.

patlowe
05-05-2017, 02:10 PM
I actually felt that from the interviews with SJM and JC re their plans that it was McGinn that came across the more uncertain about his future. I just don't remember a player with multiple years left on his contract being so blatant about the fact he would consider his options in the summer. If no club makes an offer then he doesn't have any options - he stays where he is contracted. I love the guy but it just didn't come across as entirely committed to the cause for me. I suspect if we receive an offer in the region of 2.5m he will be gone. I'm not sure he's quite ready for the top level yet but the international caps and performances in high profile games will certainly have tempted a few clubs.

NAE NOOKIE
05-05-2017, 02:12 PM
Why are we complaining about Celtic undervaluing SJM but on the same thread discussing ways to reduce the amount we have to pay St Mirren. Ultimately would we not be guilty of the same thing of we did use lop holes to reduce their cut?

We agreed to the 33% and I'd like to see Hibs honour that, I'd hate it if another club undercut us in some way over a promising player with the belief of future value. Additionally given were hoping to negotiate with St Mirren over Mallen I can't see the club making g those discussions more difficult by not honouring the original SJM deal as it was intended

Its a cut throat business mate ..... Just like every other club we will do whatever we can to minimise any outlay. The fact that folk are having a go at clubs for trying to get players from us for peanuts doesn't mean they don't understand why they do it .... that's the game and Hibs have to play it like everybody else.

1van Sprou7e
05-05-2017, 02:21 PM
I actually felt that from the interviews with SJM and JC re their plans that it was McGinn that came across the more uncertain about his future. I just don't remember a player with multiple years left on his contract being so blatant about the fact he would consider his options in the summer. If no club makes an offer then he doesn't have any options - he stays where he is contracted. I love the guy but it just didn't come across as entirely committed to the cause for me. I suspect if we receive an offer in the region of 2.5m he will be gone. I'm not sure he's quite ready for the top level yet but the international caps and performances in high profile games will certainly have tempted a few clubs.

Disagree, McGinn was just saying that he'll do the same as he does every year and have a look at his options which is fair enough and a pretty smart approach to have as a pro footballer.

I actually though Cummings sounded more uncertain with his "my job is done here" line

brog
05-05-2017, 02:26 PM
Surely you can see that opinions differ, it doesn't mean I am down on Hibs though, far from it.

Of course & I agree. It was just I read 2 different posts from you in quick succession in which you appeared to be ( IMO ) unduly negative & were swimming against the tide of the thread.

Scouse Hibee
05-05-2017, 02:31 PM
Of course & I agree. It was just I read 2 different posts from you in quick succession in which you appeared to be ( IMO ) unduly negative & were swimming against the tide of the thread.

Fair enough, strange how someone swimming against the tide of the thread is often perceived as negative, but I see where you were coming from. Cheers.

brog
05-05-2017, 02:41 PM
I'm not so sure - you look at Stuart Armstrong who was a good but unspectacular player at Dundee United. McGinn might not go straight into the side but Rodgers will be looking at him as a possible midfielder for the next five or six years.

McGinn is a smashing player, there's a very good reason that he's caught the eye of the international manager and that other clubs would want to be courting him.

He's far from the finished article, but if he develops and steps up the way he did when moving from St Mirren to us, then he'll be a fantastic signing for wheover picks him up.

You beat me to it Mattie. Armstrong was the least exciting signing of the Arab 3 to the Celtc support. Now ( after a quiet start ) he's their main man. You can also pretty much guarantee that Celtc will value 1 cap Armstrong at somewhere North of £10m!

SRHibs
05-05-2017, 03:01 PM

Probably true. In the Ladbrokes interview Lennon was in yesterday, he explicitly said that he thinks Cummings is the happier of the two at Hibs.

SirDavidsNapper
05-05-2017, 03:09 PM
1.5m is a pretty pathetic offer especially with St Mirren getting 40%

Jim44
05-05-2017, 03:14 PM
Mixed opinions about McGinn on KS. A few hold him in reasonable regard but most don't rate him.

Typical comment - 'McGinn wouldn't get near our bench. Not good enough and never will be.'

I tend to agree about the bench bit as he would be well down the pecking order and I don't think he's ready to put his career on hold. He needs regular first team football so I think here's every chance he'll stay or move to another club rather than Celtic.

1van Sprou7e
05-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Mixed opinions about McGinn on KS. A few hold him in reasonable regard but most don't rate him.

Typical comment - 'McGinn wouldn't get near our bench. Not good enough and never will be.'

I tend to agree about the bench bit as he would be well down the pecking order and I don't think he's ready to put his career on hold. He needs regular first team football so I think here's every chance he'll stay or move to another club rather than Celtic.

Agreed, far more likely to go south which is good for us because it probably means more £££

The Green Goblin
05-05-2017, 03:40 PM

If you are John McGinn, at this age and stage of your career, and you are assessing your options, surely the only question to ask is "If I go to (insert club name here) will I be playing every week?" Doubtful if that club is Celtic right now.

You have to laugh though, a few days since we confirmed promotion, and already the weedgie rags are touting and trying to unsettle our talent.

If it came down to it, I would take 1.5M plus Henderson and Griffiths on permanent deals.

Waxy
05-05-2017, 03:43 PM
Celtic and their media will always be pathetic. Ok there's a slight chance we could give them a wee run in the league should we be at our absolute best and celtic a bit below normal with some luck. So as usual they buy title.
Celtic never win anything, they buy trophies.

HoboHarry
05-05-2017, 03:44 PM
If you are John McGinn, at this age and stage of your career, and you are assessing your options, surely the only question to ask is "If I go to (insert club name here) will I be playing every week?" Doubtful if that club is Celtic right now.

You have to laugh though, a few days since we confirmed promotion, and already the weedgie rags are touting and trying to unsettle our talent.

If it came down to it, I would take 1.5M plus Henderson and Griffiths on permanent deals.
Ask the tooth fairy if she can arrange that particular deal then.......

Callum_62
05-05-2017, 03:44 PM
Celtic and their media will always be pathetic. Ok there's a slight chance we could give them a wee run in the league should we be at our absolute best and celtic a bit below normal with some luck. So as usual they buy title.
Celtic never win anything, they buy trophies.

:rolleyes:

The Green Goblin
05-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Ask the tooth fairy if she can arrange that particular deal then.......

I'll be sure to do that. She's coming round my gaff later for take-out and a Netflix binge...

Jack Hackett
05-05-2017, 03:49 PM
If he's going, he's going. All this rumour does is set the low bid.

GlasgowHibee
05-05-2017, 04:00 PM
3 million, nothing less.

houstonhibbee
05-05-2017, 04:21 PM
3 million, nothing less.
I agree
we should only sell if it's too much to resist otherwise staying another season with us his stock will,only rise and he continues to get regular games and stays in Scotland set up

Onion
05-05-2017, 04:32 PM
3 million, nothing less.

And that's only Hibs cut.

Celtic and SJM's agent can also cover St Mirren's share.

brog
05-05-2017, 04:43 PM
Fair enough, strange how someone swimming against the tide of the thread is often perceived as negative, but I see where you were coming from. Cheers.

Cheers! Didn't mean to sound so critical.

SirDavidsNapper
05-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Wouldn't surprise me at all if the loan signings of Ambrose and Commons were on the premise that Celtic get first dibs on McGinn.

The Pointer
05-05-2017, 04:53 PM
Celtc are only interested in taking away one of our best players, not to play him, but to reduce our competitiveness next season. Think of all the other clubs they've done this to, especially Utd.

They can do one for a derisory offer like £1.5.

HoboHarry
05-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Celtc are only interested in taking away one of our best players, not to play him, but to reduce our competitiveness next season. Think of all the other clubs they've done this to, especially Utd.

Come on now - Celtic are going to win the league at a canter given their resources. I'm fairly sure they don't see John McGinn remaining at Hibs as being a threat to their title hopes......

JimBHibees
05-05-2017, 04:57 PM

All they are doing is hoovering up the young Scottish talent they dont have knowing the wont all make it.

snooky
05-05-2017, 04:59 PM
Funnily enough I saw SJM in M&S Foodhall in Morningside with his missus this week and he blanked me :greengrin

If I was his agent I'd be saying '£5 million and Hendo' :wink::greengrin

Sincerely hope that's no' a typo. :whistle:

Baldy Foghorn
05-05-2017, 05:14 PM
All they are doing is hoovering up the young Scottish talent they dont have knowing the wont all make it.

As they have always done

supermcginn
05-05-2017, 05:29 PM

You better brace yourself.....

snooky
05-05-2017, 05:32 PM
As they have always done

... and then they have the gall to complain about the lack of quality opposition :yawn:

sambajustice
05-05-2017, 05:49 PM
Might get against the grain here but why not sell while their stock is high. NEither have really played in the Premiership so we don't know how they'll perform. Neither have been absolute standouts in a mediocre team in its 3rd year of 2nd tier football.

Take the money and run!!

We vastly overrate our players and league as a whole. When 2 players at average English championship clubs are ripping the Scottish premier league a new hole I think it shows we're not as good as we think. When I hear things like Barry Bannan is hopeless and McGinn should be starting for scotland it makes me laugh.

That's maybe a bit negative but I think realistic!

Deansy
05-05-2017, 05:55 PM
I hope that when McGinn does move, for both his and the international-team's sake, that it's down south - anyone can win trophies/titles at Septic without upping their game ! Plus it'll be better for Hibs as an English club will invariably offer more money than Brendan's mob - and without a ridiculous number of instalments or payment based on the number of games he plays attached to it !

Baldy Foghorn
05-05-2017, 06:18 PM
... and then they have the gall to complain about the lack of quality opposition :yawn:

Correct:agree:

chrisski33
05-05-2017, 06:57 PM
Allan wont be back at ER and hes not welcome

guthrie01
05-05-2017, 07:03 PM

I'm sure your opinion will change once you remember how skilled a player he can be for us.

supermcginn
05-05-2017, 07:11 PM

That's not what im hearing!

Keyser Sauzee
05-05-2017, 07:13 PM

Do u know this as fact?? U may also be another who will have to support a player who isn't welcome....

05-05-2017, 07:32 PM
From an agent I know (who claims to be one of the good guys...........Aye right! If there is such a thing!).

Lawwell doing what Lawwell does. Starting negotiations via pet journalists in the media. Turns the players head with drip feeding salary offers to his agent (not the guy I know before someone asks) and then plays hardball when he eventually calls Petrie, suggesting he doesn't fancy the player but his manager wants to take a punt because he likes the player and he has to try and keep his Manager happy.

Stories of Henderson on a permanent deal back to Hibs just happen to come out at the same time. Coincidence??

So expect Lawwell to call Petrie and offer probably less than £1.5m reported. Hibs reject. Henderson has a year left on his deal with Celtic so has a value - Celtic offer to pay up part of Henderson's last year as a sweetener making it easier for the player to move on to Hibs wages on longer deal. Lawwell highlights as Hibs have a 1/3rd sell on McGinn to pay that's a part of the deal they don't have to pay St Mirren a cut on as Celtic effectively free Henderson. Comes down to a straight fight on the final fee with Hibs holding out for more and Celtic trying to hold their ground, and of course St Mirren hoping Hibs settle for a cash only deal and don't want Henderson so they get a bigger cut.

My head was spinning when he was explaining this but the same guy told me Stubbs was away at the end of last Season before the Scottish Cup Final took place so maybe he is ITK. He also suggested that if Hibs do want to cash in that Petrie will already be in contact with Clubs down south as he did when selling Brown.

Petrie and Lawwell have previous on negotiations - £4.4m for Brown instantly coming to mind so this could be interesting. Do Celtic see McGinn as a long term replacement for Brown? For me if they do, time for them to splash the cash because at £1.5m they can ram it.

CropleyWasGod
05-05-2017, 07:39 PM
From an agent I know (who claims to be one of the good guys...........Aye right! If there is such a thing!).

Lawwell doing what Lawwell does. Starting negotiations via pet journalists in the media. Turns the players head with drip feeding salary offers to his agent (not the guy I know before someone asks) and then plays hardball when he eventually calls Petrie, suggesting he doesn't fancy the player but his manager wants to take a punt because he likes the player and he has to try and keep his Manager happy.

Stories of Henderson on a permanent deal back to Hibs just happen to come out at the same time. Coincidence??

So expect Lawwell to call Petrie and offer probably less than £1.5m reported. Hibs reject. Henderson has a year left on his deal with Celtic so has a value - Celtic offer to pay up part of Henderson's last year as a sweetener making it easier for the player to move on to Hibs wages on longer deal. Lawwell highlights as Hibs have a 1/3rd sell on McGinn to pay that's a part of the deal they don't have to pay St Mirren a cut on as Celtic effectively free Henderson. Comes down to a straight fight on the final fee with Hibs holding out for more and Celtic trying to hold their ground, and of course St Mirren hoping Hibs settle for a cash only deal and don't want Henderson so they get a bigger cut.

My head was spinning when he was explaining this but the same guy told me Stubbs was away at the end of last Season before the Scottish Cup Final took place so maybe he is ITK. He also suggested that if Hibs do want to cash in that Petrie will already be in contact with Clubs down south as he did when selling Brown.

Petrie and Lawwell have previous on negotiations - £4.4m for Brown instantly coming to mind so this could be interesting. Do Celtic see McGinn as a long term replacement for Brown? For me if they do, time for them to splash the cash because at £1.5m they can ram it.
For one thing, I'd doubt that it would be Petrie doing the negotiations.

And, as has been said already, it's irrelevant whether it's a cash or swap deal for McGinn. He has a value, and that's what St Mirren will be paid their cut of.

keep the faith
05-05-2017, 07:40 PM
Do u know this as fact?? U may also be another who will have to support a player who isn't welcome....

Two or three now hinting that there is something in the Allan thing. Where are we hearing this?

I do hope we are getting it sorted early.

ALF TUPPER
05-05-2017, 07:42 PM

I'd welcome him back. Very good footballer.

truehibernian
05-05-2017, 08:12 PM

We rejected nearly £2 million for an U21 Scotland cap pre-season.......Lennon isn't daft and I'm convinced that he and the club were vocal about this in the press at the time for this very scenario.......how often do you hear managers quoting fees bid ? Not very often, it's nearly always speculation and kept in-house.

Hibs will have their valuation of SJM (and Cummings) - he has age, medals, mentality and progress on his side.......which is why Hibs will hold out for £3 million in my opinion. He'll be on the bench for the England game too - Championship clubs are already looking at SJM and Celtic know this.

Joe6-2
05-05-2017, 08:16 PM
Allan and Henderson for me.

Me too

brog
05-05-2017, 08:24 PM
For one thing, I'd doubt that it would be Petrie doing the negotiations.

And, as has been said already, it's irrelevant whether it's a cash or swap deal for McGinn. He has a value, and that's what St Mirren will be paid their cut of.

I agree CWG but I think the OP is basically suggesting that Henderson effectively becomes a free agent, therefore the value disappears. FWIW I think the early part of his scenario is fairly plausible.

CropleyWasGod
05-05-2017, 08:49 PM
I agree CWG but I think the OP is basically suggesting that Henderson effectively becomes a free agent, therefore the value disappears. FWIW I think the early part of his scenario is fairly plausible.
Even at that, St Mirren would be entitled to cry foul. 😊

Famous Fiver
05-05-2017, 08:51 PM
If I've got this right Celtic value Dembele at £50 million and John McGinn at £1.5 million.

That, in my language, suggests that it would take 33 John McGinns to get the better of Dembele in a head to head. Must be some player if he could equal 33 John McGinns. I don't think so.

Celtic can ram it.

I rest my case m'lud.

05-05-2017, 08:56 PM
We rejected nearly £2 million for an U21 Scotland cap pre-season.......Lennon isn't daft and I'm convinced that he and the club were vocal about this in the press at the time for this very scenario.......how often do you hear managers quoting fees bid ? Not very often, it's nearly always speculation and kept in-house.

Hibs will have their valuation of SJM (and Cummings) - he has age, medals, mentality and progress on his side.......which is why Hibs will hold out for £3 million in my opinion. He'll be on the bench for the England game too - Championship clubs are already looking at SJM and Celtic know this.

:top marks This is all classic Lawwell trying to manipulate things through the media. They need to cough up or shut up.

05-05-2017, 09:00 PM
I agree CWG but I think the OP is basically suggesting that Henderson effectively becomes a free agent, therefore the value disappears.

That's how I was told it.

houstonhibbee
05-05-2017, 09:14 PM
Might get against the grain here but why not sell while their stock is high. NEither have really played in the Premiership so we don't know how they'll perform. Neither have been absolute standouts in a mediocre team in its 3rd year of 2nd tier football.

Take the money and run!!

We vastly overrate our players and league as a whole. When 2 players at average English championship clubs are ripping the Scottish premier league a new hole I think it shows we're not as good as we think. When I hear things like Barry Bannan is hopeless and McGinn should be starting for scotland it makes me laugh.

utter crap:confused:

ancient hibee
05-05-2017, 09:23 PM

Tell your chum that Petrie has nothing to do with buying and selling players.

Hibbyradge
05-05-2017, 09:24 PM
Can't believe that this throwaway headline in the express has had so many replies.

Nice reply. :wink:

brog
05-05-2017, 09:25 PM
Even at that, St Mirren would be entitled to cry foul. 😊

I agree & I doubt we would go that route, certainly hope not. It could however be a nice bargaining chip in any negotiations over Stevie Mallan!

hibs supporter
05-05-2017, 09:28 PM
If we got 1.5 million plus Allan Henderson and Ambrose I would be happy with that

truehibernian
05-05-2017, 09:31 PM

Take the money and run!!

Charlie Adam has combined transfer fees of around £12 million.........yes, sit down, breathe.........£12 million. In one transfer he went for £7 million.

As I say, if Lewis McLeod can go for £1 million having won nothing, Gauld goes for £3 million in same vein, then SJM is worth the £3 million I think he is.

houstonhibbee
05-05-2017, 09:33 PM
If we got 1.5 million plus Allan Henderson and Ambrose I would be happy with that
Allan and Ambrose are free agents aren't they? Why would that be part of a deal with Celtic?

houstonhibbee
05-05-2017, 09:36 PM
If we can use some of the money to get Mallen as a replacement and still have plenty to spare after paying St Mirren plus get Henderson then might be worth doing.

Henderson, Mallen plus $1m left over to pay for wages to entice Ambrose and Allan to sign......

Hibbyradge
05-05-2017, 09:38 PM
As they have always done

If I was them, I'd do the same.

So would you.

05-05-2017, 09:52 PM
Tell your chum that Petrie has nothing to do with buying and selling players.

I'll be sure to pass on your message.:aok:
Maybe this is why he doesn't have any players at Easter Road. He does at Celtic though so claims to know how Lawwell works.

sambajustice
05-05-2017, 09:57 PM
utter crap:confused:

Your response is utter crap

Hibs90
05-05-2017, 09:59 PM
I'll be sure to pass on your message.:aok:
Maybe this is why he doesn't have any players at Easter Road. He does at Celtic though so claims to know how Lawwell works.

I'm calling nonsense. Sorry.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-05-2017, 10:04 PM

Double-quotes, full-stop required.

#pedantsoftheworlduntie

MWHIBBIES
05-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Charlie Adam has combined transfer fees of around £12 million.........yes, sit down, breathe.........£12 million. In one transfer he went for £7 million.

As I say, if Lewis McLeod can go for £1 million having won nothing, Gauld goes for £3 million in same vein, then SJM is worth the £3 million I think he is.

Adam scored 12 goals in the premier league for Blackpool, McGinn has 14 in his career. McGinn will do very well to make as many premier league appearances as Adam.

truehibernian
05-05-2017, 10:15 PM
Adam scored 12 goals in the premier league for Blackpool, McGinn has 14 in his career. McGinn will do very well to make as many premier league appearances as Adam.

For me mate, Charlie Adam is one of the most over rated Scottish players in modern football - awful footballer who can take a set piece and a penalty. Case in point, watch when he came on v Wales under Levein........worst 45 minutes of football from a '£7 million' footballer I've ever witnessed. He hit a purple patch at Blackpool and was 'right place right time' when getting his move. The fact he graced Anfield makes me weep still. Happens in football though.

McGinn has more talent in his right foot than Adam will ever have in both feet MW :aok:

SRHibs
05-05-2017, 10:21 PM
Double-quotes, full-stop required.

#pedantsoftheworlduntie

That's knot how you spell unite.

monktonharp
05-05-2017, 10:27 PM
not read many of the posts on this thread but, SJM is sure to go on to better things. If it's Celtic first then fine. as long as the price is around 3.5 million it seems right to me. as a previous poster mentioned, SL Cup medal owner, Scottish cup medal owner, and already several International caps from a Championship team tells you this guy has got something! added to that, he plays for a team that's just won the Championship League.would not begrudge him a few games in the champions league, if he gets off the bench! but as stated, that sort of price would be ok.English Championship League clubs must have had a look too, and they have real money to throw around!

MWHIBBIES
05-05-2017, 10:41 PM
For me mate, Charlie Adam is one of the most over rated Scottish players in modern football - awful footballer who can take a set piece and a penalty. Case in point, watch when he came on v Wales under Levein........worst 45 minutes of football from a '£7 million' footballer I've ever witnessed. He hit a purple patch at Blackpool and was 'right place right time' when getting his move. The fact he graced Anfield makes me weep still. Happens in football though.

McGinn has more talent in his right foot than Adam will ever have in both feet MW :aok:We'll see in 10 years I suppose. McGinn still has a long way to go to make as much money and top level games as Adam has.

monktonharp
05-05-2017, 10:45 PM
We'll see in 10 years I suppose. McGinn still has a long way to go to make as much money and top level games as Adam has.very true, but he does have more talent , just not as good at set pieces yet :wink:

superfurryhibby
05-05-2017, 10:48 PM

McGinn has more talent in his right foot than Adam will ever have in both feet MW :aok:

Wishful thinking. Mc Ginn has it all to prove and until he does that your dreaming.

hibs supporter
05-05-2017, 10:51 PM
I'm sure I saw that Ambrose has another year and the same with Allan

truehibernian
05-05-2017, 11:11 PM
Wishful thinking. Mc Ginn has it all to prove and until he does that your dreaming.

Not dreaming at all, all I see in John is constant progression and he is still young - what I saw in CA was a guy who went to St Mirren, did well, went back to Rangers (oldco) and was effectively derided and caused him to leave.....he hit a purple patch at Blackpool which happens.

I've absolutely no doubt that SJM could go down to a Championship side and do incredibly well - would be a far far better career move for him too (than Celtic). My worry is 1) we want a couple of Celtic players and 2) Lennon's relationship with Celtic......McGinn's family are engrained in the club so he would find it hard to say no to them. That's why I want Hibs to put an instant (and public) valuation on him if there is substance in this.

Cat Stanton
05-05-2017, 11:24 PM
Worth remembering in all this that McGinn ain't daft. Friend is school-teaching friend of his Mum, and by all accounts he has his head screwed on in the right manner. So yes, there are big Septic connections in his family (Jack McGinn was his grandad) but he can see that he won't get a game there for a long time.

I expect him to stay another year as he'll see it as another year's development in a better league. After that I'm sure he will fancy a move - but not necessarily to the Septic ones.

However, this - like the ***** in the Daily Express - is nothing but speculation...

Xray
05-05-2017, 11:48 PM
I think he should stick around and lead us on to bigger and better things but think he'll eventually end up at Celtic as perfect replacement for Scott Brown. But if they want him then they'll need to pay for him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4478354/Chelsea-considering-Celtic-s-Kieran-Tierney.html

If Celtic want £17m for a left back then we should be asking at least £6m for Super John McGinn!! Especially when St Mirren are entitled to a third of any transfer fee. GGTTH!!

truehibernian
05-05-2017, 11:56 PM
Worth remembering in all this that McGinn ain't daft. Friend is school-teaching friend of his Mum, and by all accounts he has his head screwed on in the right manner. So yes, there are big Septic connections in his family (Jack McGinn was his grandad) but he can see that he won't get a game there for a long time.

I expect him to stay another year as he'll see it as another year's development in a better league. After that I'm sure he will fancy a move - but not necessarily to the Septic ones.

However, this - like the ***** in the Daily Express - is nothing but speculation...

I'm inclined to disagree to an extent and say he would play sparingly first season to 'bed in' to the Scott Brown role - then take that for his own, and Broony comes back to Hibs for last period of his career......that's how I see it mapping out.

Dashing Bob S
06-05-2017, 12:10 AM
I know this thread has gone off-topic, but now that we are back in the Premiership there will be one similar every week. You only need to string two passes together in Scotland before some lazy twat with a typewriter is linking you with one of the OF. It's usually purely fodder for their moronic fan base.

houstonhibbee
06-05-2017, 12:26 AM
I didn't think for a second you were going to agree with me having posted such nonsense but that's my opinion , blunt as it maybe, but your post doesn't even deserve a considered response its so way off the mark. Lets just leave it there, maybe other posters will support your view but not me.

houstonhibbee
06-05-2017, 12:27 AM
my apologies if they have, but suspect Celtic happy to let both go for nothing

SanFranHibs
06-05-2017, 12:31 AM
I know this thread has gone off-topic, but now that we are back in the Premiership there will be one similar every week. You only need to string two passes together in Scotland before some lazy twat with a typewriter is linking you with one of the OF. It's usually purely fodder for their moronic fan base.

Perish the thought :wink:

Agree with you. Might just be a report written for the sake of selling a few more copies at a time when we are all engrossed with possible departures and signings. And if it is printed in big enough letters people will read it. Not convinced Celtic would be after McGinn only because I am not sure they need him and can't imagine how he would fit in their plans other than a long term project and then move him on for a profit.

That said, I would never tell any young player not to consider a good financial opportunity. I suppose if anything Scott Allan might serve as an example of what is likely to happen to him should he follow the same path to Celtic Park.

I know nothing about who is leaving which team, who is likely to be signed but I confess the speculation is great fun. Not so much fun as the Griffiths saga of a couple of years ago, right Steve?

:flag::flag:

Vault Boy
06-05-2017, 12:33 AM

Ambrose is out of contract

InchHibby
06-05-2017, 03:32 AM
That's knot how you spell unite.

It's the right letters, he just needs to untie it.

sambajustice
06-05-2017, 06:53 AM
I didn't think for a second you were going to agree with me having posted such nonsense but that's my opinion , blunt as it maybe, but your post doesn't even deserve a considered response its so way off the mark. Lets just leave it there, maybe other posters will support your view but not me.

You've not even given an alternative view. Just outright called my opinion crap. In fact, a lot for it isn't even opinion, it's fact and you're still calling it crap

JDT
06-05-2017, 07:01 AM
I'd be happy to let McGinn leave for 1.5m but only if we get atleast 2 players from Celtic. Henderson and whoever from Allan, Mackay-Stevens, Christie or whoever Lennon should see as a good fit for us.

virtualhibby
06-05-2017, 07:26 AM

The wife of a friend of mine is a McGinn (cousin of SJM) & said last year Hibs had 10 bids and 50 'notes of interest' in McGinn, so I don't think Celtic will get this all their own way at a bargain basement price they dictate. I get regular updates, but there was no indication of him moving on when I asked earlier this week,although we both speculated he would move.

Borderhibbie76
06-05-2017, 07:31 AM
The wife of a friend of mine is a McGinn (cousin of SJM) & said last year Hibs had 10 bids and 50 'notes of interest' in McGinn, so I don't think Celtic will get this all their own way at a bargain basement price they dictate. I get regular updates, but there was no indication of him moving on when I asked earlier this week,although we both speculated he would move.
Fingers crossed mate...I reckon he might sign a new improved deal and stay another year with us...he seems to have his head screwed on and knows what's what....no inside info just a hunch

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

southsider
06-05-2017, 08:52 AM
They will not be linking ANYONE with the new club in blue. They are skint and will not be buying any players in the near future. Not too many McGregors to be had on free transfers.

The Leith Dutch
06-05-2017, 09:02 AM
They will not be linking ANYONE with the new club in blue. They are skint and will not be buying any players in the near future. Not too many McGregors to be had on free transfers.

You're spot on that nobody will actually be going there but it won't stop the papers linking them with players - as the OP said, playing to the unwashed masses. It also probably won't stop them making derisory offers as the did with Scott Allan.

"Rangers want Cummings. The Ibrokes club are understood to be preparing a package involving £20 annual installments and a Greggs sausage roll"

mjhibby
06-05-2017, 11:21 AM
I'm inclined to disagree to an extent and say he would play sparingly first season to 'bed in' to the Scott Brown role - then take that for his own, and Broony comes back to Hibs for last period of his career......that's how I see it mapping out.

Scotty and Leigh griffiths for that matter have said many times they would like to finish their careers at hibs. That's well in the future though and the way I see it panning out is sjm staying at hibs the coming season,signing a two year extension then going for around £3m. He has been good for hibs as have we for him. That way he gets a year playing in the spl then can move on. Some club may come in with a £3m plus bid this summer then hibs have a decision to make. Unless a club offers a bid of around£3m I doubt it will be even discussed by Lennon and the board. The window isn't open for another 3 and a half weeks. It's going to be a long summer.

cabbageandribs1875
06-05-2017, 05:51 PM
after todays perfvormance i'm afraid i will have to cut my sjm's valuation downwards, quite a bit :( i'm sure it will rise again

GreenPJ
06-05-2017, 06:33 PM
after todays perfvormance i'm afraid i will have to cut my sjm's valuation downwards, quite a bit :( i'm sure it will rise again

The positive is any scout watching his performance today will have put him on the reserve target list. His pass completion was terrible.

Peevemor
06-05-2017, 06:41 PM
The positive is any scout watching his performance today will have put him on the reserve target list. His pass completion was terrible.
His distribution had been pitiful for a while. I think he needs a decent break. Apart from his injury this winter, he's been playing non stop after a very short close season last year.

WhileTheChief..
06-05-2017, 06:43 PM
Sell him to Celtic for the £1.5m.

He'll never hold down a place in the first team so we can then take him back on loan in January :greengrin

Chip shop Joe
06-05-2017, 10:11 PM
Thought his brother totally dominated him today. A good rest needed.

pacorosssco
07-05-2017, 01:37 AM

He didnt want to play part in putting the club who gave him a chance in the game down who his brother is also playing for in a tie that had no meaning to his club. It was plain to see. Kinda respect him for that

Dunbar Hibee
07-05-2017, 04:36 AM
For a team that is focusing their ambition on competing in the champions league, John McGinn would be a strange signing for them

Jim44
07-05-2017, 04:39 AM
He didnt want to play part in putting the club who gave him a chance in the game down who his brother is also playing for in a tie that had no meaning to his club. It was plain to see. Kinda respect him for that

I don't know how accurate your assessment of his performance and motivation is, but if he was influenced by the sibling thing, I would regard that as unprofessional, hard as that may sound.

07-05-2017, 05:02 AM

I thought both McGinn brothers were poor today tbh. Mallan put in a few good crosses and had a couple of good runs also and looked like the best player of the 3, today. Backs up the fact we should possibly look at trying to get him on board for next season. Agree SJM will benefit from a good summer break. He surely must appreciate he won't start regularly for Celtic and will benefit from another season at Hibs - starting every week.

GreenPJ
07-05-2017, 07:41 AM
I thought both McGinn brothers were poor today tbh. Mallan put in a few good crosses and had a couple of good runs also and looked like the best player of the 3, today. Backs up the fact we should possibly look at trying to get him on board for next season. Agree SJM will benefit from a good summer break. He surely must appreciate he won't start regularly for Celtic and will benefit from another season at Hibs - starting every week.

Thought Mallan was decent as was the St Mirren 17 & 42

Gmack7
07-05-2017, 07:46 AM
Thought Mallan was decent as was the St Mirren 17 & 42

17 was Lewis Morgan, I thought he had a great game and was the best of a decent St mirren team

Baldy Foghorn
07-05-2017, 07:48 AM
None of their players stood out for me, looked average (apart from a well taken goal and move)

Peevemor
07-05-2017, 07:57 AM
17 was Lewis Morgan, I thought he had a great game and was the best of a decent St mirren team

I agree.

Onion
07-05-2017, 08:11 AM
For a team that is focusing their ambition on competing in the champions league, John McGinn would be a strange signing for them

:agree: You sense Celtic have a strategy to hoover up the best young Scottish talent :

1. because they can
2. to weaken their domestic competition
3. to try retain some "Scottish" identity within the club

... even if those players are not good enough to compete in the CL.

SJM is a decent player but he's no Scott Brown.

Eyrie
07-05-2017, 11:25 AM

Agree about Morgan who gave both Gray and Ambrose problems.

I kept an eye on Mallan (10) but he didn't look to be an improvement on who we've already got. However that was only one game and his stats indicate he's a better player than yesterday's performance.

The Leith Dutch
07-05-2017, 11:50 AM
I don't know how accurate your assessment of his performance and motivation is, but if he was influenced by the sibling thing, I would regard that as unprofessional, hard as that may sound.

Doesn't sound hard at all.

I'd be furious if that was the reason.
I expect every player in a Hibs jersey to focus on winning every game.
If it's your Granny in goals and she has a suspect right hip then leather it low and hard to that side and accept that you might have to spring for some flowers and a few hospital visits.

I sincerely doubt it is the reason mind - I think it's a continuation of a worrying downward trend in his form.
He's a fabulous player when he's on his game - a real "you can build a team around him" sort of player.

I do think he needs to mature a little and focus on what his game is all about rather than trying to do everything. Kind of what Scott Brown did - early doors I remember him having a swagger that he could do everything but he learned to dial it back and focus on the things he did particularly well.

southsider
07-05-2017, 03:44 PM
I remember SB in the right back position bombing forward in the Ivan game at Ipox to lay on another goal. Showed terrific pace and left midfield and defence for dead. More of a sitting player these days.

where'stheslope
07-05-2017, 06:27 PM
McGinn would just end up another Celtic bench warmer!

Great player on his day, but like a lot of previous signings to them its not all green grass when you get there.

Just look at Griffiths, scoring goals for fun, then Rodgers finds Dembele and hes out in the cold, few games here and there but no long run in the team unless another player injured.

Mcginn should stay where he is and play as many games as he can for us in the Premiership, always remembering that once he is an established Premiership player he will be in a better position to move on and not become a bench warmer.

Look how long it took Armstrong to play every week for them, and Mackay-Stevens is still trying to get a regular game, it only makes sense to move if money is your driver, if its football stay at Hibs!!!!!

SanFranHibs
07-05-2017, 06:33 PM
McGinn would just end up another Celtic bench warmer!

Great player on his day, but like a lot of previous signings to them its not all green grass when you get there.

Just look at Griffiths, scoring goals for fun, then Rodgers finds Dembele and hes out in the cold, few games here and there but no long run in the team unless another player injured.

Mcginn should stay where he is and play as many games as he can for us in the Premiership, always remembering that once he is an established Premiership player he will be in a better position to move on and not become a bench warmer.

Look how long it took Armstrong to play every week for them, and Mackay-Stevens is still trying to get a regular game, it only makes sense to move if money is your driver, if its football stay at Hibs!!!!!

And it seems to me that Celtic have quite a few young players at least as good as McGinn. Of course I might being misled but even yesterday I understand a couple of young ones started for them, including an 18 year old. And they still eased past St Johnstone.

McGinn needs to stay here, get even better, enjoy playing under NL in the top division, hopefully with several better players around him and then see where his future lies. I am not at all convinced Celtic are interested in him but if they are he might want to consider his chances of regular first team football. Go out for a pint with Henderson and Scott Allan and listen to what they say.

JimBHibees
07-05-2017, 06:53 PM

Clearly didn't.

Chip shop Joe
07-05-2017, 07:27 PM
Clearly didn't.

Why clearly? I thought he did you obviously didn't!