PDA

View Full Version : Where would this team finish?...

California-Hibs
04-05-2017, 08:25 PM
So, with all the rumours/a bit of withful thinking thrown in, where do you think this group would finish, I'll say it right away, great chance of 2nd and I think the gap would be shorter than how far Aberdeen finished off 1st.

Marciano
Whittaker Mcgregor Ambrose Stevenson

Swanson McGinn Henderson Commons

Cummings Stokes

Couldn't even find a place for Hanlon and I'm a huge fan! What a starting 11 that is in my opinion, and it isn't unrealistic at all that we might see that team this coming season...

houstonhibbee
04-05-2017, 08:51 PM
So, with all the rumours/a bit of withful thinking thrown in, where do you think this group would finish, I'll say it right away, great chance of 2nd and I think the gap would be shorter than how far Aberdeen finished off 1st.

Marciano

Cummings Stokes

Couldn't even find a place for Hanlon and I'm a huge fan! What a starting 11 that is in my opinion, and it isn't unrealistic at all that we might see that team this coming season...
its highly unlikely 11 players will play in every game with no loss of form, suspensions or injury. You really need a squad of 18-20 to be realistic. Can you add in the others?

lyonhibs
04-05-2017, 08:52 PM

Marciano

Cummings Stokes

That midfield could get overrun in bigger games. Need someone with a bit more bite/defensive inclination IMO.

MWHIBBIES
04-05-2017, 08:52 PM
That is the softest midfield I've ever seen. Who is tracking back in that side?

guthrie01
04-05-2017, 09:01 PM
We saw in the past Stokes and Cummings don't form a good partnership, too similar players.
Also I wouldn't want him currently when he is still trying to sort his life out.

Liam Boyce would be a good partner for Jason, holds up the ball and creates space whilst also scoring a fair amount himself.

heretoday
04-05-2017, 09:14 PM
Lightweight in midfield. How about Whittaker in there or Bartley and a new right back?

Smartie
04-05-2017, 09:28 PM
I think we need to learn from our mistakes.

If we play a diamond then we need more creative wing backs.

Fyvie can't play with Bartley.

Cummings needs a partner but hasn't ever truly hit it off with anyone.

We've had our highs and good performances over the past few years but we've also flattered to deceive a fair bit.

I think we need to give a lot of thought as to how we play next year. Width and wingers, high pressing, direct hoofball, pack the defence?

Then we find the players to fit that system. I think we've struggled to get a truly convincing unit from the talent we have.

Yet we won the cup last season and won the league this season so it can't be all that bad.

Sammy7nil
04-05-2017, 09:30 PM

When you score five who needs to track back :cb

WeeRussell
04-05-2017, 09:33 PM
I've seen stokes featuring in a lot of people's fantasy teams.. have I missed something, or is there genuine talk of it happening?

For what it's worth I'd be absolutely delighted to see him back.

Sir David Gray
04-05-2017, 10:30 PM
I'm not even willing to contemplate a Hibs side without Sir David.

wookie70
04-05-2017, 10:42 PM
Not sure the OPs team would finish in the top 6. Balance is vital in any team and both Stubbs and Lennon have found that difficult to achieve in the last few seasons. Lennon has found the correct formula a few times usually when he has played with width but he changed personnel and tactics too soon for us to know if that balance is available consistently in the current squad.

Cameron1875
04-05-2017, 10:43 PM
I'm not even willing to contemplate a Hibs side without Sir David.

A million times this! We need a right back like Gunnarson to push him and in case of injury but he doesn't need replaced just yet.

He's earned a chance in the top tier and has always played well against the so called big teams.

California-Hibs
04-05-2017, 10:47 PM

I take this point. If we unfortunately lose McGinn and we slotted Bartley in there to do the defensive stuff while Henderson operates the offensive side, would that add better balance?

MWHIBBIES
04-05-2017, 11:04 PM
I take this point. If we unfortunately lose McGinn and we slotted Bartley in there to do the defensive stuff while Henderson operates the offensive side, would that add better balance?

Still problems getting out of defence, needs McGeouch/Fyvie type to take the ball from the back 4 and move it around. You can't have 2 short forwards and no player to bring it out of the back. I'd drop/rotate Commons/Swanson and play one of those guys in the middle.

Something like

McGeouch McGinn

Swanson Henderson Stokes

Cummings

Would work much better IMO. Still a bit light really, needs someone to drop out to allow a Marv type. Or go with the diamond of 2015/16.

Squealing pig
05-05-2017, 03:57 AM
Rocky
Gray hanlon mcgregor Stevenson

Whittiker mcginn Bartley Boyle

Cummings and new striker should be the team

Steve20
05-05-2017, 05:35 AM
Hanlon has to be in any starting eleven next season. I'd also have Fyvie in the team.

blackpoolhibs
05-05-2017, 05:54 AM
I've seen stokes featuring in a lot of people's fantasy teams.. have I missed something, or is there genuine talk of it happening?

For what it's worth I'd be absolutely delighted to see him back.

There is no chance of Stokes coming back, unless Hibs pay his bookie off and his lawyers bill.

Brightside
05-05-2017, 06:44 AM

Marciano

Cummings Stokes

Hanlon is our best defender and assuming they can fix this ongoing issue he will continue to be a first pick under lennon. If we get Ambrose i can see us going 352 in the majority of games in the Prem. I really don't want Stokes back. I think we will see a 5 midfield with hopefully Commons on the tip. Strike force will be completely new.

Keith_M
05-05-2017, 07:31 AM
6th

:duck:

pacoluna
05-05-2017, 07:40 AM
If we were to somehow manage to sign ambrose I would like to see him play CM, a better version of sol bamba.

anon1875
05-05-2017, 09:32 AM
commons playing wide? u seen the size of that guy man, he's never fit at the start of the season either haha

Unseen work
05-05-2017, 09:47 AM
I'm not getting all this whittikar right mid chat.

maybe 10 years and kilograms ago.

My_Wife_Camille
05-05-2017, 12:17 PM
Vine and Collins up front. Liam Craig as a holding winget

California-Hibs
05-05-2017, 12:28 PM
Rocky
Gray hanlon mcgregor Stevenson

Whittiker mcginn Bartley Boyle

Cummings and new striker should be the team

So we signed Swanson for nothing? He'll be an every week starter.

Squealing pig
05-05-2017, 02:01 PM
So we signed Swanson for nothing? He'll be an every week starter.

Maybe just wasn't sure how he'd fit in