PDA

View Full Version : Manager of the Year Award

ekhibee
04-05-2017, 01:29 PM
I see Duff Jim's been nominated. Personally, of the names quoted I'd probably give it to Archibald. I find it a bit strange that the manager of a team that's form has dipped noticeably in the last month and a half and has finished 3rd in the Championship has been nominated, but at least he got them into the play-offs I suppose. Much as I dislike the man, Houston surely is better qualified, just my opinion though.

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-05-2017, 01:34 PM
If Celtic go the season unbeaten and win the treble, it has to go to Brendan Rodgers. If Morton kept up that form and finished 2nd then my vote would go to Duff Jimmy

Happy NL has been overlooked - under the radar is the way i like it.

1van Sprou7e
04-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Jim Duffy has done a fantastic job this season

JDHibs
04-05-2017, 01:38 PM
Wright
Aitken
Ross

All better options than Duffy in my opinion, Morton had a good run but have fallen away in these past few weeks. Hes done well but St Mirren would be relegated with Ross, who are now one of the best teams in this league. Dumbarton are always overachieving staying in this league part time and St Johnstone continually over achieve compared to other budgets in the top league.

OsloHibs
04-05-2017, 02:36 PM
Tommy Wright. Is this man ever gonna get an award for doing an absolutely fantastic job constantly? Just give him the freedom of Scotland and be done with it!!!

lucky
04-05-2017, 02:42 PM
Only one winner and that's the wee greens manager BR, after all he's won nothing before and that the spin offs are going to go undefeated and win a treble he deserves a fleeting glance

My_Wife_Camille
04-05-2017, 02:48 PM
Would be absolutely ridiculous to give it to anyone other than Rogers at the moment. If going a whole season undefeated and winning the treble isn't enough to be awarded Manager of the Year then what is?

lord bunberry
04-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Rodgers should win it, but Aitken at Dumbarton would be a close second for me.

Michael
04-05-2017, 04:03 PM
Cathro just edges it for me.

WoreTheGreen
04-05-2017, 04:09 PM

Best school prefect more like

Famous Fiver
04-05-2017, 06:03 PM
How does a guy who acted like an absolute thug and tried to attack a fellow manager possibly get nominated? He has proved in the past that he doesn't cut the mustard and is 'one of the boys'.a

Wee Neilly is in a different class to this excuse of a manager.

Does winning the league and getting to the Scottish Cup Semi Final count for nothing.

FWIW in my opinion BR at Celtic wins hands down.

high bee
04-05-2017, 06:33 PM
Houston - got to take into account resources and all that.

Or,

Cathro - very eloquent and has turned his team around. Scotland may not be ready for his forward thinking yet though.

04-05-2017, 07:06 PM
If Celtic go the season unbeaten and win the treble, it has to go to Brendan Rodgers. If Morton kept up that form and finished 2nd then my vote would go to Duff Jimmy

Happy NL has been overlooked - under the radar is the way i like it.

Me too. My one small consolation of losing in the semi was Cummings and McGinn wouldn't be going "in the shop window."

Dashing Bob S
04-05-2017, 07:16 PM

He surely has to be part of the conversation.

With Siri

Bad Habits
04-05-2017, 07:53 PM
Tommy Wright. Is this man ever gonna get an award for doing an absolutely fantastic job constantly? Just give him the freedom of Scotland and be done with it!!!

Can never understand this, consistently has St.J finishing above their station. Has built a very good team and comes across well whenever i have seen him in the media!

I would take him at Hibs in a heartbeat should the situatiom arise

Lancs Harp
04-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Statement from Tynecastle.

On the manager of the year award Ian Cathro stated "if we had won more matches and lost less matches and there wasnt alot of other managers alot better than myself, I could have won this".

Bostonhibby
04-05-2017, 08:11 PM
If it was down to me I'd just give it to the breadman right now for his contribution to all things Hibernian since the last SC final, it's nearly a year on but I still enjoy the afterglow of knowing his absolute lack of grace, dignity, and respect shone through after we'd beaten the team he assembled in an attempt to win their first real trophy.

Bostonhibby
04-05-2017, 08:13 PM

On the manager of the year award Ian Cathro stated "if we had won more matches and lost less matches and there wasnt alot of other managers alot better than myself, I could have won this".

Does that opinion count if Potter is really the manager?:wink:

matty_f
04-05-2017, 08:14 PM

I'd be up for manager of the year if you took away all my pish results and interviews.

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-05-2017, 08:15 PM

It's ok. He'll just have to win it again

Lancs Harp
04-05-2017, 08:19 PM
Word is he is delighted with his runner up manager of the season award at Hearts.

Bostonhibby
04-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Word is he is delighted with his runner up manager of the season award at Hearts.

:top marks Very good.

weecounty hibby
04-05-2017, 09:02 PM
Duff Jimmy is one of the media darlings. Chick Huns buddy so no surprise about this. I think he is an average manager who has done well this season but will be an also ran again next year

Super_JMcGinn
04-05-2017, 09:16 PM
I see Duff Jim's been nominated. Personally, of the names quoted I'd probably give it to Archibald. I find it a bit strange that the manager of a team that's form has dipped noticeably in the last month and a half and has finished 3rd in the Championship has been nominated, but at least he got them into the play-offs I suppose. Much as I dislike the man, Houston surely is better qualified, just my opinion though.

Duffy wins it hands down for me.

Sir David Gray
04-05-2017, 11:01 PM
I will grudgingly say that if Celtic go the whole season undefeated and win the Treble then it should go to Brendan Rodgers.

Stephen Aitken is a great shout. The fact that he's kept Dumbarton in the Championship for two years on the trot is a major achievement considering the size of the club compared with the other teams in the league.