PDA

View Full Version : Sin bins

lord bunberry
04-05-2017, 12:00 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10861529/fa-to-begin-voluntary-sin-bin-trials-in-lower-leagues
Its starting at a pretty low level, but it's a good idea imo.

GreenLake
04-05-2017, 12:04 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10861529/fa-to-begin-voluntary-sin-bin-trials-in-lower-leagues

Nobody is going to volunteer to go in the sin bin. They will have to be sent there. :greengrin

hibbysam
04-05-2017, 05:55 AM
I think it's an awful idea. Bookings and sending offs aren't broken just now so no need to try and fix it. Be as well calling ourselves rugby shortly.

blackpoolhibs
04-05-2017, 06:00 AM
Daft rule in my opinion, especially in Scotland where its another easy way for the bent/useless referee's to hinder teams that are playing against rantic.

FFS imaging that prick Thompson refereeing a Hibs game against the gimps, he'd have us down to 8 men within 10 mins to help those freaks.

And you can bet your last penny they wouldn't implement any of that in a game when rantic play each other, christ there would be nobody left on the park, remember these games have to be refereed differently.

The rules are already in place that just need to be implemented properly, without giving the ref's more power to **** up any game.

18Hibee75
04-05-2017, 06:47 AM
Terrible idea, it's fine how it is.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

lugz
04-05-2017, 06:53 AM
I've been saying for ages that I've wanted sin bins in football but for cynical fouls, imo a booking isn't enough when a team is breaking away and a player gets chopped down to stop the attack.

Scouse Hibee
04-05-2017, 11:27 AM
Daft idea and not needed, unless of course the ref can sent to to the bin for a daft decision :greengrin

Fergus52
04-05-2017, 11:31 AM
If the standard of refereeing was higher then it could maybe work, but there would need to be VERY clear guidelines on when it should be implemented.

but with the the appalling refs that we have in this country no way should it go ahead. Would give them even more power to ruin games.

heretoday
04-05-2017, 11:32 AM
Would the sin bin apply to managers as well? Move over Neil, here comes Duffy.

SmashinGlass
04-05-2017, 12:30 PM
In that article it's saying the sin bins will apply to bookings for dissent. If that's all it's for, surely the refs need to be mic'd up to ensure it's done properly

EskbankHibby
04-05-2017, 12:50 PM
Imagine the time wasting if a team has a man/men sinbinned?

Not a fan of this idea.

Lago
04-05-2017, 07:01 PM
Not for me, leave it with Rugby & Ice Hockey.

ruthven_raiders
04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
Not for me, leave it with Rugby & Ice Hockey.

Just won't work and will cause riots, imagine a couple of players showing frustration at a bad decision,in the last 10 mins. Referee sinbins them. Teams could end up down to 9 men worse than getting yellow carded... Referees are at such a poor standard it shouldn't happen anytime soon.

at last 61
05-05-2017, 08:59 PM
I've been abvocating this for years sin bin for serious foul but not bad enough for a sending off player gets injured has to go off team down to 10 men a booking doesn't help that team but helps other teams later 10 mins say for shirt pulling would soon make it stop this will be easier to marshal when we get a tv ref and that will not be long in happening

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Wee Effen Bee
06-05-2017, 05:30 AM
I've been abvocating this for years sin bin for serious foul but not bad enough for a sending off player gets injured has to go off team down to 10 men a booking doesn't help that team but helps other teams later 10 mins say for shirt pulling would soon make it stop this will be easier to marshal when we get a tv ref and that will not be long in happening

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Yes, totally agree AL! For a long time, I've also been a proponent For changing from a rigid punitive system to a more restorative approach. Whether the sin bin is incorporated in the new system or not.. I quite like the idea of it being used in certain situations.For various reasons, the present system does not work and never has. The strong argument for not helping the team (when an opponent is sent off late in the game) can be advanced further as it also gives an advantage to the rest of the teams the guy is banned from playing against. The perpetrator's manager has one less squad player to choose from initially and, if he is a first pick, the team is actually weakened further: say the top goal scorer for Aberdeen is sent off v Hibs in the last minute and the guy is banned for two games.
These two games could be against close rivals of ours (say Hearts and The Rangers) which means they benefit hugely whereas the team the ''crime' was initially committed against (us) is, in reality, penalised. Someone said we are turning football into rugby...in a way I hope so: they are using Tv evidence, the physios/doc can come onto the pitch without waiting for the ball to go out of play and then the sin bin idea. What's not to like?

Phil MaGlass
06-05-2017, 06:32 AM
Yes, totally agree AL! For a long time, I've also been a proponent For changing from a rigid punitive system to a more restorative approach. Whether the sin bin is incorporated in the new system or not.. I quite like the idea of it being used in certain situations.For various reasons, the present system does not work and never has. The strong argument for not helping the team (when an opponent is sent off late in the game) can be advanced further as it also gives an advantage to the rest of the teams the guy is banned from playing against. The perpetrator's manager has one less squad player to choose from initially and, if he is a first pick, the team is actually weakened further: say the top goal scorer for Aberdeen is sent off v Hibs in the last minute and the guy is banned for two games.
These two games could be against close rivals of ours (say Hearts and The Rangers) which means they benefit hugely whereas the team the ''crime' was initially committed against (us) is, in reality, penalised. Someone said we are turning football into rugby...in a way I hope so: they are using Tv evidence, the physios/doc can come onto the pitch without waiting for the ball to go out of play and then the sin bin idea. What's not to like?

yep I am all for this, the yams wid be doon tae 3 men by the end of the first half, mind you, they play like they are doon tae 3 men in most of their last games anyhoos

Wee Effen Bee
06-05-2017, 06:45 AM
yep I am all for this, the yams wid be doon tae 3 men by the end of the first half, mind you, they play like they are doon tae 3 men in most of their last games anhoos
:greengrin

hibbysam
06-05-2017, 07:06 AM

If you want to watch rugby then just pop along to murrayfield or myreside. Football is football, it's worked for nearly 200 years so I don't see what has changed now. I'm sure we could start playing with an egg shape ball as well just to make it interesting. We could also make it that you get to take a penalty after you score a goal for a bonus goal, like a conversion. I mean what's not to like about it.

Eyrie
06-05-2017, 09:45 AM
If you want to watch rugby then just pop along to murrayfield or myreside. Football is football, it's worked for nearly 200 years so I don't see what has changed now. I'm sure we could start playing with an egg shape ball as well just to make it interesting. We could also make it that you get to take a penalty after you score a goal for a bonus goal, like a conversion. I mean what's not to like about it.

Rugby could also learn some lessons from football. Players should be feigning injury and abusing referees all the time because that's what footballers do. Rugby fans could also stop this inane idea that the sport is the main thing and focus on tribal violence and sectarian abuse.

On the other hand, maybe football has improved slightly from the version of 200 years ago because it's been willing to consider improvements. The sin bin for a yellow card isn't a bad idea in principle if it cuts down on dissent and "professional" fouls, leading to more actual play.