PDA

View Full Version : NHC Sevco to forgive and forget Steven Naismith?

Jim44
03-05-2017, 08:51 AM
Among the crop of released Norwich City players, £50k a month Naismith is getting the muppets on FF excited. If I remember correctly, after walking out on Sevco, he was left without a name but, given their desperate state, most of them are willing to forget their past hatred of the guy and would be keen to see him back. Short memories or low standards of integrity. :rolleyes:

1van Sprou7e
03-05-2017, 08:56 AM
Easy for me to say but in my opinion it was wrong for them to give so much hatred to the players who walked away, so fair enough if they want to sign him again tbh

Jim44
03-05-2017, 09:37 AM
Easy for me to say but in my opinion it was wrong for them to give so much hatred to the players who walked away, so fair enough if they want to sign him again tbh

Maybe you're right. Might just be sour grapes on my part to see them possibly get a solid player back. I wonder if he would take a huge wage drop.

Forza Fred
03-05-2017, 10:16 AM
Maybe you're right. Might just be sour grapes on my part to see them possibly get a solid player back. I wonder if he would take a huge wage drop.

He will HAVE to ...at somepoint...maybe not this time, but can they really afford TWO aging strikers next season?

JDHibs
03-05-2017, 10:23 AM
Thats like asking if we would accept Scott Allan back...

Wanted to jump ship as soon as he could, made a nuisance of himself to try and force a move to our direct competition...

Personally, if it was for the good of the team, i would take him back. Im sure at this point The Rangers fans are desperate for an upturn in fortunes, so i imagine they would forget, or most of them would.

KeithTheHibby
03-05-2017, 12:30 PM
Naismith actually done very well for himself since leaving the Huns. 4 years in the Premier league at a good club.
Whittaker and McGregor also to a lesser extent.
Shows you how thick Lee Wallace was for hanging about when he could have went on to forge a decent career down south.

CorrieHibs
03-05-2017, 12:37 PM
Among the crop of released Norwich City players, £50k a month Naismith is getting the muppets on FF excited. If I remember correctly, after walking out on Sevco, he was left without a name but, given their desperate state, most of them are willing to forget their past hatred of the guy and would be keen to see him back. Short memories or low standards of integrity. :rolleyes:

£50k a week Naismith! Outrageous for a championship player.

So I very much doubt Sevco will pay him that.

Spudster
03-05-2017, 12:56 PM
I don't get the thinking that Norwich will give him a free to save the £50k a week on wages? If they cancel his contract they have to pay him what he is due don't they?

Billy Whizz
03-05-2017, 01:15 PM
I don't get the thinking that Norwich will give him a free to save the £50k a week on wages? If they cancel his contract they have to pay him what he is due don't they?

Yup, he'll be looking for someone to take on his remaing year, and. I can't see Rangers paying £55k per week for him

Marco G
03-05-2017, 03:40 PM
No wonder so many English clubs have or will go bust. They pay vastly inflated Premier league wages, get relegated once or twice but still have lots of big wage earners without the tv money to pay for them.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

JDHibs
03-05-2017, 03:42 PM

Only thing i can think of is, they have agreed a pay off. If he has something else lined up then it wont really matter to him....

Brightside
03-05-2017, 03:52 PM
50k a week for him is just absurd. Games gone. Baws burst.

CMurdoch
03-05-2017, 03:59 PM

The OP said £50k per month, not per week

Marco G
03-05-2017, 04:04 PM
He did, but he's wrong, it's quoted as 50 k per week in the Norwich press!

Jim44
03-05-2017, 04:24 PM

He did, but he's wrong, it's quoted as 50 k per week in the Norwich press!

Slip of the finger, it was £50k per week.