PDA

View Full Version : Yogi

Babyshamble
01-05-2017, 11:11 PM
https://www.facebook.com/bbcsportscotland/videos/1708600849155797/ Top class from yogi 👏👏👏

ivan03
01-05-2017, 11:39 PM
https://www.facebook.com/bbcsportscotland/videos/1708600849155797/ Top class from yogi 👏👏👏

Stop on as always. One of the best gaffers to listen to, always gets u buzzing about football, think he is frustrated with how players are now days and it doesn't surprise me. Wish him all the best!

Jim44
02-05-2017, 10:57 AM

I got this message from the link.

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.
Go back to the previous page · Go to News Feed · Visit our Help Center

1van Sprou7e
02-05-2017, 11:07 AM
I got this message from the link.

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.
Go back to the previous page · Go to News Feed · Visit our Help Center

Dunno if this is the same video but

https://youtu.be/UMfNgwFsiUc

O'Rourke3
02-05-2017, 08:49 PM
Jambos bemoaning the fact that their club needs this. Stopping short at He is the solution.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Nameless
03-05-2017, 05:31 AM
That was superb. Some may not rate him as a manager, but you can't question his integrity, or how much he cares about the club.

calumhibee1
03-05-2017, 07:18 AM
He's passionate if nothing else.

seanoheimhin
03-05-2017, 09:36 AM
Definitely passionate, but 'the manager is always right'? Hmm...

BSEJVT
03-05-2017, 10:49 AM
He is a numpty.

Same old clichés and pontificating we heard when he was here.

Its always everyone else's fault but his and all that rant is is pure blame deflection.

Simple truth is when its broken, he would not begin to know how to fix it.

This poor thick guy from a humble background came good routine is wearing in the extreme.

Quite what he thought he was going to gain alienating the players and throwing them to the wolves ahead of the biggest game in their recent history escapes me.

Had it been a timely rant ala Lennon with a few games to go and time to get that reaction I could have seen it, but that was an oh **** I have been found out moment if ever I saw it.

green with envy
03-05-2017, 12:29 PM
He is a numpty.

Its always everyone else's fault but his and all that rant is is pure blame deflection.

Simple truth is when its broken, he would begin to know how to fix it.

This poor thick guy from a humble background came good routine is wearing in the extreme.

Quite what he thought he was going to gain alienating the players and throwing them to the wolves ahead of the biggest game in their recent history escapes me.

Had it been a timely rant ala Lennon with a few games to go and time to get that reaction I could have seen it, but that was an oh **** I have been found out moment if ever I saw it.

Couldn't agree more - well said.

Smartie
03-05-2017, 12:42 PM
I think you've got to be careful how much you go blaming players or "modern culture" for problems.

The Raith players may well be a bunch of snowflakes but they are all he's got right now and he's got to find a way to get those work-shy, easily-offended little shower of pissy-pants kids playing for him.

Only then can he get rid of them and get his own people in.

Just because Ralph Callaghan took a bollocking 30 years ago doesn't mean that anyone will or should now.

TBF to Yogi though I think he is passionate and makes a few decent points.

Baldy Foghorn
04-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Getting his kit man, to do the team speech pre game on Saturday

superfurryhibby
04-05-2017, 05:01 PM
I liked what Yogi said. It was soon after a total spanking and he was clearly hurting. Football is a passionate game, Yogi wears his heart on his sleeve and he probably exemplifies where dedication and committment can take you as a player with limited ability. Why shouldn't he expect that from his players.

Too much nonsense in the modern game. He is obviously hoping it will bring about the right response from the Raith players. Good luck to them, I think they're going to need it.

JimBHibees
04-05-2017, 05:07 PM
He is a numpty.

Thats kind of where I am with it to be honest. Should have kept anything to the dressing room and moved on.

JimBHibees
04-05-2017, 05:10 PM
Getting his kit man, to do the team speech pre game on Saturday

Reallly. :rolleyes:

04-05-2017, 05:14 PM
He is a numpty.

He's just copying Lennon after watching his rant at Stark's Park from a few feet away.

blackpoolhibs
04-05-2017, 05:17 PM
He's just copying Lennon after watching his rant at Stark's Park from a few feet away.

Yet some of those having a go at Yogi, were lapping it up from Lennon? :confused:

Northernhibee
04-05-2017, 05:26 PM
Yet some of those having a go at Yogi, were lapping it up from Lennon? :confused:

Doesn't it make Yogi a "natural born winner", whatever that is supposed to mean?

Baldy Foghorn
04-05-2017, 05:26 PM

Yeah said his kit man worked on railway, and is going to say how much RR means to him, and that he doesn't want a return to the railway

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-05-2017, 05:30 PM

I think he's got a point. Leon Britton done the similar at Swansea asking the players to watch their rise from the bottom.

Player's know they'll move on and get a new team in the summer, but there's staff that could be out a job. If only we'd have done similar in 2012 or 2014 we might have got our act together quicker!

Baldy Foghorn
04-05-2017, 05:34 PM
Butcher let JC do a team talk:greengrin

Maybe should have got some fans in, to do it instead

lyonhibs
04-05-2017, 06:17 PM

Me too.

Load of "fitbaw folk ken whit's gaun on" pish.

It's never the fact that he's a mediocre manager is it.

I'm sure Raith will give it a "right guid go" though.

Blethering gob*****

Itsnoteasy
04-05-2017, 07:24 PM
Butcher let JC do a team talk:greengrin

Maybe should have got some fans in, to do it instead

I heard you done a team talk at the Oriam the other day BF. It was mentioned in the EEN.

Betty Boop
04-05-2017, 07:33 PM
Yogi might be from a humble background, but he's anything but thick.

IncredibleHibee
04-05-2017, 08:36 PM
Im not sure where I am on whether saying it in public is the answer but the points he is making are bang on I think - in any walk of life. In any job, situation etc to get maximum out of it you need to stand up and be counted - take the bull by the horns as they say. There are too many shrinking violets. You should go to work, take responsibility for your work and put your stamp on it. Then you can be happy in the knowledge that you gave it your best no matter what happens.

People may say things like its a macho thing or something but its not, its about being confident and getting things done.

Sammy7nil
04-05-2017, 09:40 PM

He does not have a good grasp of language "they out charactered us" but agree he is not thick. Before anyone says it i am not a great at writing or speaking either.

Sir David Gray
04-05-2017, 10:37 PM

:agree: He spent more than 3 minutes on that interview, saying quite a lot of words without any kind of meaning behind them.

I highly doubt that rant will mean very much to the Raith Rovers players.

I've said this before but the moment he said, after they played us last week, that he would take a play off place, despite being ABOVE the play off place at the time was the moment that he'll have lost a lot of the dressing room. Especially when he then went on to say in the same interview that he felt his team could beat St Mirren (a result that would have guaranteed them to finish out of the play off spot!).

What sort of confused message is that?

BSEJVT
05-05-2017, 04:19 AM

Nobody said he was, its a persona, an affectation but it seems to be the only card in the hand.

Its completely one dimensional and folk get tired of hearing it and players will now see through it.

To motivate folk you need to keep them both interested and wondering what next.

Time for him to change the record

bigwheel
05-05-2017, 06:48 AM
Nobody said he was, its a persona, an affectation but it seems to be the only card in the hand.

Its completely one dimensional and folk get tired of hearing it and players will now see through it.

Or maybe it's just him , being authentically himself and what he believes in ?

superfurryhibby
05-05-2017, 06:55 AM

Total Tom Kite pal. Yogi is what he is and what you see isn't an affectation. Whether you like his manner, that's a different story. He is a character, to say the least.

His managerial record is mixed, but he showed at Inverness that he can build a decent side and bring success on a very limited budget. No issues with motivating folk there ken.

PeeKay
05-05-2017, 07:07 AM
:agree:
I've said this before but the moment he said, after they played us last week, that he would take a play off place, despite being ABOVE the play off place at the time was the moment that he'll have lost a lot of the dressing room. Especially when he then went on to say in the same interview that he felt his team could beat St Mirren (a result that would have guaranteed them to finish out of the play off spot!).

What sort of confused message is that?

Exactly. How can you tell your players that you are prepared to accept second best and then complain when they comply?

mjhibby
05-05-2017, 07:14 AM
I liked what Yogi said. It was soon after a total spanking and he was clearly hurting. Football is a passionate game, Yogi wears his heart on his sleeve and he probably exemplifies where dedication and committment can take you as a player with limited ability. Why shouldn't he expect that from his players.

Too much nonsense in the modern game. He is obviously hoping it will bring about the right response from the Raith players. Good luck to them, I think they're going to need it.

Yogi does make a few good points but as has been said this should have been said weeks ago and probably kept in house. Lennons rant was totally justified as even sjm admitted the players found it a struggle after beating an spl team in the cup then playing say raith after it. When yogi left hibs we were in freefall but overall his record is good at Falkirk,us and Inverness. He doesn't know how to sort things when it's going wrong and of course he's no transfer window to get someone in to make a difference. I do like yogi though and hope he gets through it. Him celebrating with Le god at the centenary derby is one of my favourite moments as a hibs fan. Good luck yogi,i think you'll need it in the play offs. Unless we do the job for him and he scrapes a win of course. It's definitely all about bottle now.

pacoluna
05-05-2017, 08:44 AM
He won the Scottish cup with ICT and had them at third in the SPl. There is no doubting he is a good manager.

Baldy Foghorn
05-05-2017, 08:46 AM
I heard you done a team talk at the Oriam the other day BF. It was mentioned in the EEN.

:greengrin:greengrin

BSEJVT
05-05-2017, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE=Superfuddyhibby;5032924]Total Tom Kite pal. Yogi is what he is and what you see isn't an affectation. Whether you like his manner, that's a different story. He is a character, to say the least.

His managerial record is mixed, but he showed at Inverness that he can build a decent side and bring success on a very limited budget. No issues with motivating folk there ken.[/QUOTE

You cant have it both ways, either he is thick which I don't believe or he plays that card to get a reaction.

Which is it?

As for Inverness, one swallow a summer doth not make.

He has proven over his career that when things go wrong and consistently so, his one dimensional approach doesn't fix it or are we going to just gloss over his later tenure at Hibs because it doesn't fit your point?

bigwheel
05-05-2017, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=Superfuddyhibby;5032924]Total Tom Kite pal. Yogi is what he is and what you see isn't an affectation. Whether you like his manner, that's a different story. He is a character, to say the least.

His managerial record is mixed, but he showed at Inverness that he can build a decent side and bring success on a very limited budget. No issues with motivating folk there ken.[/QUOTE

You cant have it both ways, either he is thick which I don't believe or he plays that card to get a reaction.

Which is it?

He's not playing "thick". That's just your assumption . He is neither trying to change how he speaks or perfect his grammar - he IS just a working class boy from Leith who has done relatively well in football - those values are still strong to him ...

Is it his less than perfect English voice and use of language that makes you view him as "thick" ??

BSEJVT
05-05-2017, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=BSEJVT;5033148]

He's not playing "thick". That's just your assumption . He is neither trying to change how he speaks or perfect his grammar - he IS just a working class boy from Leith who has done relatively well in football - those values are still strong to him ...

Is it his less than perfect English voice and use of language that makes you view him as "thick" ??

I have now said on at least 3 occasions I don't think he is thick

I am from a working class "whatever that is" family from Porty, no one I know speaks like that, its overdone

I have met him a few times and recently too and believe me he doesn't speak like he does about football in other settings, its an affectation.

As for the perfect English voice bit, give me a break.

His use of language is deliberate and contrived

Btw this is meant to be a debate about his diminishing effectiveness as a manager, not whether he is seeking entry to Cambridge

My point is its wearing thin and he is getting found out and needs to change the record, nothing more, please don't try and turn it into something its not.

superfurryhibby
05-05-2017, 12:03 PM

Which is it?

As for Inverness, one swallow a summer doth not make.

He has proven over his career that when things go wrong and consistently so, his one dimensional approach doesn't fix it or are we going to just gloss over his later tenure at Hibs because it doesn't fit your point?

I never said he was thick or otherwise, you said that he was either thick or that his speech was an affectation.

Working class people can and do alter they way the speak depending on the circumstances they find themselves in. My own speech varies depending on if I'm with friends and family or in the work setting. It's not really an affectation, it's a reasonable and flexible response which is entirely appropriate.

We could probably debate the merits of his managerial record. It is variable. Success at Falkirk, especially given the resources etc, mixed results at Hibs (4th place and Europe, yet a disasterous spell where we couldn't win a game at home), improved Hartlepool when they were pretty much destined for relegation and unequivocal success at Inverness. Relegation looming at Raith, not really culpable, just another failed rescue mission.

On that basis I'm not seeing any one dimensional approach. He has been a successful manager and will probably go on to be one again in the future.

Quotes getting mixed up on this thread. I'm not replying to myself, I'll save that for later when I'm under the influence of the budgie's eye.

where'stheslope
05-05-2017, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=BSEJVT;5033148]

I never said he was thick or otherwise, you said that he was either thick or that his speech was an affectation.

Working class people can and do alter they way the speak depending on the circumstances they find themselves in. My own speech varies depending on if I'm with friends and family or in the work setting. It's not really an affectation, it's a reasonable and flexible response which is entirely appropriate.

We could probably debate the merits of his managerial record. It is variable. Success at Falkirk, especially given the resources etc, mixed results at Hibs (4th place and Europe, yet a disasterous spell where we couldn't win a game at home), improved Hartlepool when they were pretty much destined for relegation and unequivocal success at Inverness. Relegation looming at Raith, not really culpable, just another failed rescue mission.

On that basis I'm not seeing any one dimensional approach. He has been a successful manager and will probably go on to be one again in the future.

Quotes getting mixed up on this thread. I'm not replying to myself, I'll save that for later when I'm under the influence of the budgie's eye.

I think that this is the biggest missed point on this thread!

He took over from Gary Locke, had no choice of new players, so just had to get on with it!

As for telling the players to stay in their bed if not up for this game is about as true a statement as you'll get.

If they want to go out of the league they are in, take a pay cut or move on, its up to the players!!!

I feel Yogi had every right to chastise his players on camera rather than behind closed doors, its obvious they have not thought that they were in a position danger and he is pointing out that slackers will not be tolerated!!!!!!!