PDA

View Full Version : Do we want St Mirren to stay up ?

GreenCastle
01-05-2017, 02:19 PM
They need a point Saturday.

We want to finish the season on a positive.

What's everyones thoughts for Saturday - will we see an unusual game where both teams are happy with a draw?

Also ex Jambo in charge of Saints..few ex Jambo players and McGinns brother..

I can see 1-1 or 0-0 and a full house for the trophy presentation.

.Sean.
01-05-2017, 02:20 PM
Couldn't care less about them them and I hope we hammer them. We're not a charity.

tartanhibee
01-05-2017, 02:21 PM
Not bothered either way.

Sir David Gray
01-05-2017, 02:21 PM
I don't see why we would be happy with a draw.

We should go out with the intention of winning every game, that's the whole point in sport.

A draw's no good to me.

Hibeesmad
01-05-2017, 02:22 PM
Skacel to end his career potentially getting relegated to the Scottish League 1 would be pleasing

My_Wife_Camille
01-05-2017, 02:26 PM
Couldn't care less about them them and I hope we hammer them. We're not a charity.Exactly this. A comfortable Hibs win please and the relegation fodder can worry about themselves

GreenCastle
01-05-2017, 02:28 PM
For what it is worth I also obviously want a Hibs win.

Last game v St Mirren away they were very good and we weren't at the races. I expect Lennon and the players wanting to finish with 3 points and a positive performance.

01-05-2017, 02:28 PM
Couldn't care less about them them and I hope we hammer them. We're not a charity.

Took the words right out of my mouth. They got themselves into this mess by not being good enough throughout the course of the season, not hibs problem so why should we be giving them any special favours.

Don't have anything particularly against St Mirren as a club but they're a team we should be beating and we want to finish the season on a high especially on the day that we are going to celebrate with the trophy so no I won't be happy with a draw and neither will Lennon.

Hibernia&Alba
01-05-2017, 02:31 PM
I hope St Mirren do stay up. They looked doomed not so long ago. In fact, wasn't it December time before they won a league game? I can't remember, but they were miles adrift. I think they deserve to survive, due to the spirit they've shown.

ACLeith
01-05-2017, 02:32 PM
If Raith fail to win Saints survive. If they win then Saints need a draw. When they looked doomed I feared for them with 2 relegations on the bounce, they have west coast real fans a la Partick.

But it's their own fault they are where they are, we want our 4th league win on the bounce to finish on a high.

Capt Mainwaring
01-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Don't mind St Mirren at all. Good that their fans follow their local team rather than take the easy option of the Bigot Brothers - so hope they stay up, but not from any charity from us.
Want Hibs to win every game so they are going to have to rely on results from elsewhere to save them Saturday as far as I'm concerned ( just saying that I hope the other results go their way)

01-05-2017, 02:35 PM
Skacel to end his career potentially getting relegated to the Scottish League 1 would be pleasing

Don't kid yourself that he would actually give a ****. He's a nobody, still hanging about like a bad smell in Scottish football to be as near to the maroon mutants as possible. He doesn't give a **** about RR, it's all about sooking up to the hearts fans and "look at me, look at me!". After this season he'll be emptied.

His 5-1 gesture at ER shows him for what he is now. He was the worst player on the park that day so he had to do his wee gesture for some attention. Would have wound us up more if he'd managed to score or create an impact against us on the park but unfortunately he's too ***** so a quick 5-1 sign had to do. Bless him that he still thinks any hibs fans give a **** about it anymore!

The Leith Dutch
01-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Like others my only interest is in what's good for Hibs so a win.
I'd also like us to sign Stevie Mallan and I'd imagine that's more likely and cheaper if they're in League One than if they're still in the Championship.

silverhibee
01-05-2017, 02:40 PM

Yip, not our problem what happens to them, 3 points for Hibs is all that matters.

Keith_M
01-05-2017, 02:42 PM
I'd prefer it if they did stay up.

However, it's up to them to make it happen and I want Hibs to win on Saturday.

GreenCastle
01-05-2017, 02:42 PM
Like others my only interest is in what's good for Hibs so a win.
I'd also like us to sign Stevie Mallan and I'd imagine that's more likely and cheaper if they're in League One than if they're still in the Championship.

Interesting point..plus McGinn brother ?

Another side note is Hibs player Danny's Handling at Raith also..but also ex yams there too

scooby
01-05-2017, 02:44 PM
We'll have to be at our best to beat them, but we should be looking to win the game.
They have nothing to fear in the playoffs anyway.

stoneyburn hibs
01-05-2017, 02:44 PM
I'd rather they finished ahead of Raith but not at the expense of a single point against us.

Albanian Hibs
01-05-2017, 03:04 PM
Dont give a toss. Hibs win is all I care about.

hibbysam
01-05-2017, 03:11 PM
If Raith fail to win Saints survive. If they win then Saints need a draw. When they looked doomed I feared for them with 2 relegations on the bounce, they have west coast real fans a la Partick.

But it's their own fault they are where they are, we want our 4th league win on the bounce to finish on a high.

They didn't get relegated last year? So wouldn't be two on the bounce surely?

JDHibs
01-05-2017, 03:12 PM
IF they go down we should in theory be able to get Mallan cheaper!

Other than that, im not overly fussed.

Is It On....
01-05-2017, 03:12 PM
They need a point Saturday.

We want to finish the season on a positive.

What's everyones thoughts for Saturday - will we see an unusual game where both teams are happy with a draw?

Also ex Jambo in charge of Saints..few ex Jambo players and McGinns brother..

I can see 1-1 or 0-0 and a full house for the trophy presentation.

I actually don't care although I think they will stay up even if in the play off places as they are the form team of the division in 2017. As such they will have climbed up 2nd bottom as opposed to falling in to it (like Dundee have this year).

iwasthere1972
01-05-2017, 03:14 PM
Dont give a toss. Hibs win is all I care about.

This. :agree:

Enough said
01-05-2017, 03:23 PM
Our board would favour st mirren being relegated . With the approach from hibs regarding Lewis Morgan and Stevie mallan the club know we would get them a lot cheaper. Hopefully Jordan McMillan signs over the next few weeks from the pars!!

Alex Trager
01-05-2017, 03:25 PM
If they draw or win they will deserve to stay up. I want hibs to win.

Steve20
01-05-2017, 03:29 PM
I hope St Mirren stay up. But I want Hibs to win on Saturday.

Dashing Bob S
01-05-2017, 03:30 PM
I like St Mirren. Played an underrated part in Hearts glorious '86 Dens debacle by resolutely refusing to compete with Celtic. Stopped those mingers from winning their first League Cup IN LIKE YEARS so they are definitely on my good guys list.

Dibben
01-05-2017, 03:40 PM
We need to play to win. St Mirren fans were shouting about 'sporting integrity' after we put out a younger (yet still high Championship level) against Raith.

So - we shouldn't take our foot off the gas now!!

S4uzee
01-05-2017, 03:43 PM

Agreed. Seem to remember them singing about us going down in 2014 .... how the tables have turned now

lucky
01-05-2017, 03:43 PM
Don't like them so I hope we pump and send them down

NAE NOOKIE
01-05-2017, 03:44 PM
From looking doomed St Mirren have practically turned themselves into the form team of Scottish football .... I also respect any west coast fitba fan who can resist the ugly sisters, from that point of view I would like them to survive. The truth is they will at worst be in the play offs and I cant see them losing to 2nd top of league 1 given the form they are in.

From a sporting point of view Hibs owe it to Raith Rovers to play this game like we would any other fixture this season I.E. doing our best to win it .... even if rotten Rudi does play for them.

IanM
01-05-2017, 03:50 PM
Our board would favour st mirren being relegated . With the approach from hibs regarding Lewis Morgan and Stevie mallan the club know we would get them a lot cheaper. Hopefully Jordan McMillan signs over the next few weeks from the pars!!

If we're serious about Mallan and Morgan we should buy them for what they're worth and not penny pinch in the event of relegation

Respect the player and their value. Will save having to pay their original club the ridiculous sum of like of 30% of any future sale cause we didn't pay enough at outset

ACLeith
01-05-2017, 03:58 PM
They didn't get relegated last year? So wouldn't be two on the bounce surely?

Oops! Serves me right for not checking first. It would be 2 relegations in quick-ish succession but my main point about concern for their future still valid
🙄

green day
01-05-2017, 03:59 PM
If we're serious about Mallan and Morgan we should buy them for what they're worth and not penny pinch in the event of relegation

Respect the player and their value. Will save having to pay their original club the ridiculous sum of like of 30% of any future sale cause we didn't pay enough at outset

...or alternatively, the sell on clause is what allowed us to make the sale?

portyhibernian
01-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Don't care about St Mirren, Hibs win please.

Sammy7nil
01-05-2017, 04:09 PM
Don't care about St Mirren, Hibs win please.

Yip same for me no interest in who goes down.

Onion
01-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Hibs 5-0 win, let them worry about themselves.

The Leith Dutch
01-05-2017, 04:16 PM

Taking off my Hibs tinted spectacles for a second I think sell-on clauses are good for the game - the money gets more outrageous exponentially as you go up the food chain of clubs and I think it's not unreasonable that the clubs who took a chance on the talent early doors or who brought them on should continue to get a benefit. Almost like a permanent development fee style percentage of all future transfers if you like for clubs they played for up till say 21.

The "worth" of a player changes depending on who you buy them from and what league their current club are in which I get up to a point but it is somewhat unfair. Yes, McGinn has improved and yes that development has been partly down to Hibs but if we was to be sold for a few million I think it's actually quite healthy for the Scottish game that St Mirren see a few hundred grand from that.

We'll benefit from it too - Cummings is probably worth a chunk more purely because any club making an offer is buying from an SPL club rather than a Championship one.

Course, putting my spectacles back on I completely agree that the 30% sell on clause is ridiculous :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
01-05-2017, 04:30 PM
There is no way St Mirren will be in the 3rd tier next season regardless of Saturdays result. They have been in brilliant form and won't lost the playoffs to part-time sides.

Topographic Hibby
01-05-2017, 04:39 PM
They are the form team of the last few weeks/months and rattled in 5 on Saturday. They need points so will be up for a game when our lads are thinking of cigars, George Street bars and summer hols. Lennon will need to be at his inspirational best for us to get points.

But yes, I want a win as my mate has got us tickets for the party game!!

jgl07
01-05-2017, 04:42 PM
St Mirren are going nowhere whatever the result at Easter Road.

I don't see the likes of Airdrie, Brechin, and Alloa causing them, or Raith/Dumbarton for that matter, any real problems.

MWHIBBIES
01-05-2017, 04:45 PM
They are the form team of the last few weeks/months and rattled in 5 on Saturday. They need points so will be up for a game when our lads are thinking of cigars, George Street bars and summer hols. Lennon will need to be at his inspirational best for us to get points.

But yes, I want a win as my mate has got us tickets for the party game!!Apart from us, we've taken more points than them in the last 10 games.

Waxy
01-05-2017, 04:53 PM
Doesnt matter if we like them or dont, sporting integrity says we must try and beat them.

truehibernian
01-05-2017, 04:53 PM
There is no way St Mirren will be in the 3rd tier next season regardless of Saturdays result. They have been in brilliant form and won't lost the playoffs to part-time sides.

Alloa have only lost 3 games this year and unbeaten at home since January - by no means will St Mirren (or Raith) have it easy, especially on that pitch at the Indodrill.......horrible to play on. I think Dunfermline only narrowly beat them in the Cup too.

If St Mirren are relegated they'll need to sell and accept meaningful offers for the like of Mallan. They'll be in a perilous position financially so I can see their squad being decimated if they're sent down. Hope we have SM on the radar already to be honest.

Topographic Hibby
01-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Apart from us, we've taken more points than them in the last 10 games.
OK, fair point. :rolleyes:

Golden Bear
01-05-2017, 04:58 PM
Yes I do want them to stay up - and I'm confident they will even if we beat them on Saturday.

WeeRussell
01-05-2017, 05:05 PM
I quite want to see them stay up, but not through us playing like f@nnies on Saturday.

Jim44
01-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Nothing but a win for us is acceptable. I think the view that Premiership clubs have of us is important in respect of us being back next season. Despite having won the league fairly comfortably in the end, we had a lot of unconvincing wins and draws. Let's go back up on the back of convincing wins and set a marker for our campaign for next season.

Ronniekirk
01-05-2017, 05:29 PM
Too many friends of mine support St Mirren so want them to stay up and have no doubts they will
We will need to be up for Saturdays game to win it
Think it could be a high scoring game if both teams go for the win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Islington Hibs
01-05-2017, 07:09 PM
I hope St Mirren stay up but I also hope we cuff them on Saturday.

They have played really well in the second half and I think deserve to stay up but it is not up to us to do them favours and hope we say farewell to the championship in style.

lord bunberry
01-05-2017, 07:14 PM
I'm not fussed either way. Our season ended at hampden, it would be nice to win but I'd rather we looked towards next season and avoid injuries and suspensions. If it's true that some players will miss the start of next season because they got booked against Ayr then that's a bit silly if you ask me.