PDA

View Full Version : First game of next season

Hibeesmad
01-05-2017, 02:17 PM
I believe the winners of the championship always play the first game of the next season at home? So who would everyone fancy to kick off the season?

HibbyAndy
01-05-2017, 02:18 PM
Hearts

tartanhibee
01-05-2017, 02:20 PM
I believe that we will probably play our first 2 or 3 at home if our pink friends have there way.

In answer to the question looking for 3 points so any bottom 6 team.

The Sundance Kid
01-05-2017, 02:28 PM
David Gray and Darren McGregor's bookings against Ayr United puts them to 6 for the season so if bans carry over to next season then they will both miss the opening game. As a result, easiest possible game would be my preference

Hibee87
01-05-2017, 02:31 PM
David Gray and Darren McGregor's bookings against Ayr United puts them to 6 for the season so if bans carry over to next season then they will both miss the opening game. As a result, easiest possible game would be my preferenceI thought only red card offences were carried over, the yellow card count is wiped clean for a new season :confused:
And will we be at home? Sure the fixture list comes out around first Friday of June as well

makaveli1875
01-05-2017, 02:32 PM
David Gray and Darren McGregor's bookings against Ayr United puts them to 6 for the season so if bans carry over to next season then they will both miss the opening game. As a result, easiest possible game would be my preference

that will be hearts then

GreenCastle
01-05-2017, 02:35 PM
A home Derby (sell out) is definitely going to be one of the first 3 games.

Bring it on early or 2nd or 3rd game!

heretoday
01-05-2017, 03:52 PM
Is it not the new league cup format that starts off the campaign?

Anyway. Hearts!

Scouse Hibee
01-05-2017, 03:54 PM
I believe that we will probably play our first 2 or 3 at home if our pink friends have there way.

In answer to the question looking for 3 points so any bottom 6 team.

No our home/away gameso won't be affected by Hearts

The Sundance Kid
01-05-2017, 03:57 PM
I thought only red card offences were carried over, the yellow card count is wiped clean for a new season :confused:
And will we be at home? Sure the fixture list comes out around first Friday of June as well

I'm not sure about suspensions carrying over to next season for accumulative bookings to be honest, hopefully you're right and they'll both be available

Keith_M
01-05-2017, 03:58 PM

Is that definite?

If Hearts have to play a higher than usual number of away games in the first quarter, e.g. 6 away, isn't it possible the SPFL will decide to do the reverse for Hibs and give us 6 home games?

:dunno:

Mikey
01-05-2017, 03:58 PM

Not convinced. I reckon we'll be home, away, home and home to fit them in. And their home game will be against Celtic which will be postponed so that Celtic can swan off and play a lucrative friendly.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of our early home games is against them so they get another game in Edinburgh. Unless the derby is the opening game for their new stand!

Hibernia&Alba
01-05-2017, 04:01 PM
I really don't mind who our first game is against. I'm just very happy to be back in the SPL, where we belong.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Wish people would stop calling them by their right name! :confused:

THE STINKING YAMS!

:agree::thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
01-05-2017, 04:05 PM
Is that definite?

If Hearts have to play a higher than usual number of away games in the first quarter, e.g. 6 away, isn't it possible the SPFL will decide to do the reverse for Hibs and give us 6 home games?

:dunno:

Why though? Hearts playing their games away has no affect on us, when they play their home games they will have to be moved to Sunday if we are at home. No other league messes other teams about.......which probably means the SPL will right enough!

Keith_M
01-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Why though? Hearts playing their games away has no affect on us, when they play their home games they will have to be moved to Sunday if we are at home. No other league messes other teams about.......which probably means the SPL will right enough!

Hopefully, yeah.

01-05-2017, 04:35 PM
The sooner we play Hearts the better. Before their completely revamped squad and Malaury Martin have had a chance to gel and so we can open up a gap on them they'll never be able to close.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-05-2017, 05:53 PM
Morton.

where'stheslope
01-05-2017, 06:22 PM
The SPFL way of thinking will be for the Yams to play their first games away from home and we get penalised for it by having to play our games at home!
If they want to play away from home, let them and when its their home games play them on Wednesday nights to catch up!
Why should we have to play 3 games away from home in a row when it is of no interest to us what they are doing or financially benificial to us????

HibsNutter
01-05-2017, 06:39 PM
Hearts. It'll be a totally different team and they'll take a while to settle. We can pump them early and ramp up the pressure on Cathro and his new players, we all know how they are defined by results against us.

magpie1892
01-05-2017, 06:41 PM
Sevco, if they still exist.

I want to see Caixinha in the press room after we roll them 4-0.

lord bunberry
01-05-2017, 06:46 PM
Not convinced. I reckon we'll be home, away, home and home to fit them in. And their home game will be against Celtic which will be postponed so that Celtic can swan off and play a lucrative friendly.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of our early home games is against them so they get another game in Edinburgh. Unless the derby is the opening game for their new stand!
Can Celtic postpone an away fixture? I know they're allowed to postpone a home fixture.

blaikie
01-05-2017, 06:47 PM
Hamilton if there still up!

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-05-2017, 06:50 PM
As I'll be on holiday [emoji30] hopefully someone like Hamilton or Ross County. Hopefully a derby week 2 or 3, as per all previous seasons when games are 'randomly generated by a computer'

semaj64
01-05-2017, 07:21 PM
Always felt it was good to get Celtic early on before they 'settle' in. Hearts or The Rangers as they will have new players to ruin so may as well start the ball rolling. Hopefully it will be a home game, full house and 3 points

killie-hibby
01-05-2017, 07:46 PM
I thought only red card offences were carried over, the yellow card count is wiped clean for a new season :confused:

Fixture list released on June 23rd.

BullsCloseHibs
01-05-2017, 07:48 PM
HFartz. And it'll be the start of Hibernian dominance in Embra Derbys for the foreseeable.

Mr White
01-05-2017, 07:59 PM
HFartz. And it'll be the start of Hibernian dominance in Embra Derbys for the foreseeable.

Don't you mean the continuation of Hibernian's derby dominance?

Deansy
01-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Ideally the Hun/Hun-lite's for our first game - get the blood pumping from the start ...................... and the 3 points !

corby hibee
01-05-2017, 08:16 PM
I don't mind who it as, I just wanted to be back where we belong but have a feeling the huns at home.

Glory Lurker
01-05-2017, 08:29 PM
I'd like our first game back up to be at 3 on the Saturday, so hopefully Patrick or St Johnstone or the likes.

California-Hibs
01-05-2017, 08:35 PM
So are we sure we'll be at home 1st game definitely? Is that the formality for the team that comes up?

Sir David Gray
01-05-2017, 08:50 PM
Don't you mean the continuation of Hibernian's derby dominance?

Here we go eight in a row :thumbsup:

So are we sure we'll be at home 1st game definitely? Is that the formality for the team that comes up?

Yeah so they can unfurl the flag.

Hearts and Sevco both had home games to start their seasons following promotion.

jarre1875
01-05-2017, 09:20 PM
No one big. Deffo no hearts. Ive pre booked to be away that day so i canny go

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mca
01-05-2017, 09:35 PM
And their home game will be against Celtic which will be postponed so that Celtic can swan off and play a lucrative friendly.

Can we Not Postpone our Game against The Hertz.. Sure we could Fit in a More Lucrative Friendly ?? :wink:

California-Hibs
01-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Here we go eight in a row :thumbsup:

Yeah so they can unfurl the flag.

Hearts and Sevco both had home games to start their seasons following promotion.

Delighted with this as I'm back over and will catch the 1st home game of the season!

Renfrew_Hibby
01-05-2017, 09:51 PM
Think we will get a Motherwell or such like... On a Friday live on BT sports

Lancs Harp
01-05-2017, 09:56 PM
Think we will get a Motherwell or such like... On a Friday live on BT sports

Bl00dy hope not

Nutmegged
02-05-2017, 12:07 AM
Opening day of the Season

Hibs vs Sevco and send nasties to Celtic Park, that would be some opening weekend to be fair.