PDA

View Full Version : Players from Championship you rate

Captain Trips
30-04-2017, 10:27 PM
For me I think Mallan of St Mirren and O'ware at Morton are players I wouldn't mind in our squad next term.

Mikey09
30-04-2017, 10:48 PM
Mallan is a no brainer. However his team mate Lewis Morgan is a very good player. Dobbie would do a job in the premier league. Tony Andreu has quality. Also think Craig McGuffie will go onto bigger things.

tamig
30-04-2017, 10:52 PM
Allan Forrest from Ayr - lthough he was quiet yesterday.

18Hibee75
30-04-2017, 11:05 PM
Hate to say it as I dislike him and would never want him at hibs, but think John Baird is actually a good goalscorer.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Big L
30-04-2017, 11:12 PM
Tony Andreau, no 10 role.I also like Murray Dun Utd but he certainly divides opinion.

snooky
30-04-2017, 11:42 PM
For me I think Mallan of St Mirren and O'ware at Morton are players I wouldn't mind in our squad next term.

The Dobster

Billychaotic182
30-04-2017, 11:54 PM
Jai Quitongo
Alan Forrest
Tam O'Ware
Stephen Dobbie
Mark Russle
Ross Forbes
Darren Brownlie
Lewis Vaughan
Stephen Mallan
Lewis Morgan
Tony Gallacher
Craig Sibbald
Peter Grant
Paul McMullen
Tony Andreu
Jason Thomson
Kyle Magennis
Nathan Austin
Fraser Aird
Kallum Higginbotham

To name a few lol

Salt N Sauzee
01-05-2017, 06:20 AM
Jai Quitongo
Alan Forrest
Tam O'Ware
Stephen Dobbie
Mark Russle
Ross Forbes
Darren Brownlie
Lewis Vaughan
Stephen Mallan
Lewis Morgan
Tony Gallacher
Craig Sibbald
Peter Grant
Paul McMullen
Tony Andreu
Jason Thomson
Kyle Magennis
Nathan Austin
Fraser Aird
Kallum Higginbotham

To name a few lol

Fraser Aird? Nae chance, he's rubbish!!

makaveli1875
01-05-2017, 06:34 AM
mallan , andreu , stephen mcginn and dobbie . The rest are *****

JDHibs
01-05-2017, 07:02 AM
Peter Grant
Sibbald
Quitongo
O'ware
Dobbie
Mallan
Morgan
Robert Thomson (Dumbarton)
Forrest

Quite a few decent players in this league. People just assume theyre crap because of who they play for.

bingo70
01-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Peter grant stood out against us for Falkirk imo.

I also know he's actually a Celtic player on loan but I thought Aiden Nisbett was excellent against us, would be delighted if we were to get him. There were actually a couple of other Morton players that were good against us, unfortunately though all I know is they were number 6 and number 8. They both looked quite old so I'm guessing not potential signing material but they were impressive none the less.

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2017, 08:04 AM
Kyle Magennis at St Mirren. Huge potential imo.

JDT
01-05-2017, 08:15 AM
Although not a championship player Billy King is going free. Any takers?

easty
01-05-2017, 08:20 AM
Would like Andreu at Hibs, and every time I see Sibbald play he looks good.

Brightside
01-05-2017, 08:28 AM
I only want Mallan. No one else would improve us.

bingo70
01-05-2017, 08:28 AM
Although not a championship player Billy King is going free. Any takers?

Has he been any good at Inverness?

HFCdeb
01-05-2017, 08:37 AM

I tend to agree, Malian stands out as a very special talent.

CapitalGreen
01-05-2017, 08:43 AM
Stelios Demetriou, full/back winger who ripped us a new one for St Mirren when we lost 2-0.

makaveli1875
01-05-2017, 08:57 AM

a midfield of Andreu , mcginn , mallan and swanston - how good would that be :agree:

number9dream
01-05-2017, 09:14 AM
Swanson plays same position as Mallan and Andreu - and Scougall and Commons for that matter...

Mallan and Andreu are under contract for another year. Buddies will be looking for a decent fee and Andreu would only be a loan option given the wages he's likely to be on at Norwich.

Grant at Falkirk looks promising. I think he's a lefty, so might be handy if Fontaine moves on. Again, he's got a deal until end of next season.

makaveli1875
01-05-2017, 09:17 AM
Swanson plays same position as Mallan and Andreu - and Scougall and Commons for that matter...

Mallan and Andreu are under contract for another year. Buddies will be looking for a decent fee and Andreu would only be a loan option given the wages he's likely to be on at Norwich.

Grant at Falkirk looks promising. I think he's a lefty, so might be handy if Fontaine moves on. Again, he's got a deal until end of next season.

i andreu played through the middle and mallan is a right sided midfielder naw ?

Billychaotic182
01-05-2017, 09:23 AM
Fraser Aird? Nae chance, he's rubbish!!

He managed to rip scotland a new one

Brightside
01-05-2017, 09:34 AM
i andreu played through the middle and mallan is a right sided midfielder naw ?

thats what i though... i don't want the Dundee player...he looked bang average every time he played against us.

JDHibs
01-05-2017, 09:48 AM
He managed to rip scotland a new one

That isnt very difficult to be honest...

IAmLee
01-05-2017, 09:50 AM
thats what i though... i don't want the Dundee player...he looked bang average every time he played against us.

Mallan is a central attacking midfielder, he plays in the middle of a 3 behind the striker or at the tip of a diamond for them. They've been playing a diamond recently with Mallan at the tip, McGinn at the base and Morgan and Magennis either side. Their right (although he can play on the left too) midfielder/winger is Lewis Morgan who is a cracking young player, he's quick, tricky and can shoot too, wouldn't mind seeing him at ER at all!

jacomo
01-05-2017, 10:05 AM
a midfield of Andreu , mcginn , mallan and swanston - how good would that be :agree:

You need some balance mate.

This is like a fantasy football team.

Earlydelivery
01-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Andreu defo been in for talks 100%

tamig
01-05-2017, 10:16 AM

With Hibs? When was this?

yonder1875
01-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Stelios Demetriou, full/back winger who ripped us a new one for St Mirren when we lost 2-0.

Best player on the park that night.

Earlydelivery
01-05-2017, 10:20 AM
With Hibs? When was this?
Yes with us , few weeks ago , don't know the outcome tho .

IAmLee
01-05-2017, 10:58 AM

Is he not under contract with Norwich until next summer? He's looked terrible against us but he's apparently scored 16 goals this season!! 11 in the league, that's better than all of our players barring Jason!!

Big_Franck
01-05-2017, 11:05 AM
Standout in the league is definitely Stevie Mallan. I'd be delighted if we could get him. I'd also take Stephen McGinn, Aiden Nesbitt, Peter Grant, Lewis Vaughan and Stephen Dobbie but they'd most likely be squad players, at least to begin with.

I've heard that St Mirren's Kyle Magennis is a prospect but I've yet to see him play.

Saint Hibee
01-05-2017, 04:47 PM
What's the name of that Dunfermline player who was carving us to pieces in the second half at Easter Road? Not Higginbottom, the other one.

hiberactive
01-05-2017, 04:53 PM
Would definitely take Lewis Vaughan,think he has bags of potential.

hfc rd
01-05-2017, 04:54 PM
Nebitt- Morton
Andreu - Dundee Utd
Mallan - St Mirren
Dobbie - QOTS

SChibs
01-05-2017, 04:57 PM
I thought dumbartons young left back harvie looked alright against us

DavidDavidGray
01-05-2017, 09:21 PM

I would take McGeouch and Shinnie over Andreu any day of the week.

Frogga
02-05-2017, 07:31 AM
I thought dumbartons young left back harvie looked alright against us

He's an Aberdeen player on loan with them 😉

pacoluna
02-05-2017, 08:28 AM
The best performance iv'e seen from an opposition player this season was the Dumbarton keeper in the 2-2 draw at easter road.

tamig
02-05-2017, 08:35 AM
What's the name of that Dunfermline player who was carving us to pieces in the second half at Easter Road? Not Higginbottom, the other one.

Paul McMullan. He destroyed us that night. On loan from Celtic.

makaveli1875
02-05-2017, 01:26 PM
I would take McGeouch and Shinnie over Andreu any day of the week.

andreu scored 4 times as many goals as shinnie from midfield , far more effective . and he played 4 times as many games as mcgeough , less likely to be on the treatment table . granted dylan is probably a better player but he spends most of the season injured

heretoday
02-05-2017, 02:26 PM
Sibbald.

hibby6270
02-05-2017, 08:45 PM
Not many defenders being mentioned and fair enough our defence is pretty strong.

However I'll throw a couple of outside shots into the mix.

M'voto from Raith and Edjenguele from Dundee Utd.

Both no nonsense defenders and excellent in the air. Maybe not great "footballers" but would definitely strengthen our defence, especially if Ambrose and McLean go at end of season.

Johnny_Leith
02-05-2017, 09:00 PM
Not many defenders being mentioned and fair enough our defence is pretty strong.

Both no nonsense defenders and excellent in the air. Maybe not great "footballers" but would definitely strengthen our defence, especially if Ambrose and McLean go at end of season.

They are both poor, did you see M'voto miss the ball which let Holt in to score last week?

Sammy7nil
02-05-2017, 09:11 PM
They are both poor, did you see M'voto miss the ball which let Holt in to score last week?

Yip no player should make a mistake ever :rolleyes:

Johnny_Leith
02-05-2017, 09:59 PM
Yip no player should make a mistake ever :rolleyes:

Players make dozens of mistakes per game, some more costly than others. From what I've seen of m'voto, I don't think he's good enough for Hibs. He's not as good as any of our current centre halves and I'd rather see porteous give a chance

IAmLee
03-05-2017, 08:06 AM

Neither are good enough for us imo, they are good in the air and (mostly) solid when balls are just punted up towards them but both have shown they can't handle it when a player runs at them! I'm hoping there will be less hoofball in the prem so I don't think they'd be much good. If we were to look at defenders in this league Peter Grant from Falkirk and Tam O'Ware at Morton are both very good!

easty
03-05-2017, 08:17 AM
That M'Voto is absolute garbage.

Heisenberg
03-05-2017, 08:32 AM
That M'Voto is absolute garbage.

So is the central defender known as "The Edge" at Dundee United. Only properly been impressed by Grant and Sibbald at Falkirk, O'Ware at Morton and obviously Mallan from St Mirren.

Hamish
03-05-2017, 11:22 AM
Kuate at United, plays centre midfield - only seen him a couple of times but looks as if he knows what he is doing. Was at Manchester City as a youngster and McKinnon picked him up after a trial. Was their best player on the Alba game on Saturday against Dumbarton.

gogsy23
03-05-2017, 11:29 AM
Was speaking about this over a coffee this morning. Mallan defo i also like leaghy and grant from falkirk. Very impressed by grant each time i see him, his reading of the game is very good. Murray at utd is very good too if a bit raw

Unseen work
03-05-2017, 12:34 PM
Would like to see us sign

Mallan
Dobbie

are the only two I think would 100% improve our squad.

Sibbald and Andreu get talked about a lot and have impressive stats but whenever I have seen them I have not been overl impressed. Sibbald seems to rate a goal against us though.

Guys like Morgan, Nesbitt, Vaughan and a couple other St Mirren players seem to have good potential but I haven't seen them enough to suggest they would improve our squad.

I cant see us signing many from the Championship as I think Lennon will set out standards a lot higher than that.

JimBHibees
04-05-2017, 06:30 AM
Right back Devin at Ayr and Thomson of Dumbarton looked good but not sure either worth pursuing.

Keyser Sauzee
04-05-2017, 08:26 AM
I don't buy into the idea that Sibbald would improve us, he's a good championship player and has scored a few goals against us but there's a reason why no1 has came in for him yet and why he is still in the championship after 5 years in the first team, not good enough to make the step up.

JDHibs
04-05-2017, 08:39 AM
I don't buy into the idea that Sibbald would improve us, he's a good championship player and has scored a few goals against us but there's a reason why no1 has came in for him yet and why he is still in the championship after 5 years in the first team, not good enough to make the step up.

Probably mostly due to his development fee.

240 appearances
33 goals
40 assists at 21 years old!

Very few teams would take the risk on a player whos only done well at the championship level, when you will get players that will cost less who may have played at a higher level.

GreenPJ
04-05-2017, 08:44 AM
Scott Fraser

Keyser Sauzee
04-05-2017, 09:01 AM
Probably mostly due to his development fee.

240 appearances
33 goals
40 assists at 21 years old!

Very few teams would take the risk on a player whos only done well at the championship level, when you will get players that will cost less who may have played at a higher level.

They are decent stats but players aren't signed on stats alone, he needs to improve his all round play for me to be able to make the step up. Also I get what ur saying about development fees but if u are a good player teams will pay them or try and do a deal with the parent club, of which neither has happened for Sibbald which says a lot to me. Again, decent player but not one who will improve us in the premier league.

Keyser Sauzee
04-05-2017, 09:02 AM
Scott Fraser

No thanks, no better than decent who would not improve us next year. Also don't think he has any fight about him when it gets tough as it has for united this season, going by what their fans have been saying.

Keyser Sauzee
04-05-2017, 09:42 AM
Would take Robbie Rodgers if we don't manage to keep Rocky, not sure of his situation at Aberdeen tho.

IAmLee
04-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Would take Robbie Rodgers if we don't manage to keep Rocky, not sure of his situation at Aberdeen tho.

Danny Rogers?

Keyser Sauzee
04-05-2017, 10:25 AM
That's the guy, goalkeeper on loan at Falkirk from Aberdeen

easty
04-05-2017, 10:58 AM

Danny Rodgers is a couple of years older than Craig Sibbald, but has played far less football, at exactly the same level Sibbald has.

Keyser Sauzee
04-05-2017, 11:38 AM
Danny Rodgers is a couple of years older than Craig Sibbald, but has played far less football, at exactly the same level Sibbald has.

Fair point I just think that Danny Rodgers is a good enough goalkeeper to make the step up, I don't think Craig Sibbald is good enough to make the same step up, regardless of the amount of football each have played.