PDA

View Full Version : Pitch invasion next week

LustForLeith
30-04-2017, 08:18 AM
My memory is a bit hazy but the last time we got promoted there was a pitch invasion. It was quite a friendly affair with load and of kids on the pitch. I take it after the events at Hampden such behaviour will be frowned upon?

Would be nice to see the team get the trophy on the pitch and do a lap of honour.

Captain Trips
30-04-2017, 08:21 AM
My memory is a bit hazy but the last time we got promoted there was a pitch invasion. It was quite a friendly affair with load and of kids on the pitch. I take it after the events at Hampden such behaviour will be frowned upon?

Would be nice to see the team get the trophy on the pitch and do a lap of honour.

Once they do lap when can then invade pitch making sure every St Mirren player is battered and spat on as we have a reputation to keep up. Chic Yoing can overlook it all and give his impartial views afterwards.

AndyB_70
30-04-2017, 08:23 AM
Let's not. Let's just see the team get the cup. The last pitch invasion was away at Firhill when we won promotion and the players came back out once the pitch was cleared.
With the Hampden thing still hanging about let's just enjoy the moment.

18Hibee75
30-04-2017, 08:38 AM
Not if those barriers and tape are up again like at qos! Absolutely no way we'd get past that, and of course the middle aged overweight stewards :wink

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Fuzzywuzzy
30-04-2017, 08:40 AM
Not if those barriers and tape are up again like at qos! Absolutely no way we'd get past that, and of course the middle aged overweight stewards :wink

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

You're also forgetting the young stewards that look terrified of their own shadow

FilipinoHibs
30-04-2017, 08:41 AM
Let's not. Let's just see the team get the cup. The last pitch invasion was away at Firhill when we won promotion and the players came back out once the pitch was cleared.

He was at Fihill versus Hamilton. We also invaded at home versus Falkirk. Both friendly and harmless. Of course no sour grapes as old firm not humped.

Colr
30-04-2017, 08:44 AM
Once they do lap when can then invade pitch making sure every St Mirren player is battered and spat on as we have a reputation to keep up. Chic Yoing can overlook it all and give his impartial views afterwards.

Chic say he is, of course, a St Mirren supporter. (and I am the Queen of Sheba)

marinello59
30-04-2017, 08:48 AM
There's a massive difference between a spontaneous reaction to a long awaited cup win and people planning in advance to enter the pitch after winning a league we should never be in. It's the players moment, Let them have it. How on earth would the sight of a few fans prancing about on the pitch enhance the occasion for anybody except themselves?

Hibernia&Alba
30-04-2017, 08:49 AM
Chic say he is, of course, a St Mirren supporter. (and I am the Queen of Sheba)

Aye, it's the Scottish media default mode to appear to be neutral when it comes to the Old Firm, for fear of forever being accused of bias. Dung is a Hun, one hundred per cent, and the St Mirren claim is pish.

Baldy Foghorn
30-04-2017, 08:50 AM

:top marks:top marks

matty_f
There's a massive difference between a spontaneous reaction to a long awaited cup win and people planning in advance to enter the pitch after winning a league we should never be in. It's the players moment, Let them have it. How on earth would the sight of a few fans prancing about on the pitch enhance the occasion for anybody except themselves?

Totally agree. Still annoys me that the CIS Cup win celebrations back at the stadium were cut short because of a few selfish folk on the pitch. There's no need to be on the pitch on Saturday.

Baldy Foghorn

Indeed

Onion
30-04-2017, 08:51 AM
Police will be fully prepared for a Hibs fan invasion ....

.... and then plead ignorance when St Mirren fans invade the pitch to celebrate their team escaping the POs :wink:

Steve20
30-04-2017, 08:52 AM
Hope not. No need to be on the pitch at all. Ruined the CIS cup celebrations at Easter Road and will ruin it for the players next week, just so some folk can show off and tell their mates they got on the pitch.

MWHIBBIES
30-04-2017, 08:57 AM
Just stay off the park and dont ruin another lap of honour. Absolutely no need for it

Sir David Gray
30-04-2017, 08:57 AM
Could it possibly be St Mirren fans who invade the pitch on Saturday if they avoid the relegation play off place?

Considering they've been seemingly doomed for a large part of the season, if they end up finishing above 9th place then there's every chance their fans could be on the pitch at the end.

I only hope we manage to show restraint in the face of this most awful form of provocation.

Borderhibbie76
30-04-2017, 09:04 AM
Gonnae just NO - and don't start threads either honestly....we don't help ourselves sometimes do we

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
30-04-2017, 09:06 AM
Gonnae just NO - and don't start threads either honestly....we don't help ourselves sometimes do we

Maybe tongue in cheek, however, I seriously hope nobody is even contemplating going onto the pitch......:aok:

kaimendhibs
30-04-2017, 10:32 AM
Stay off the pitch, its not difficult

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

30-04-2017, 11:17 AM
Just stay off. Enjoy the day and celebrate in the stands, it's not difficult.

Can understand the exburance at the SC final, last minute goal, the relief at ending 114 years etc but this is the championship, its all done and dusted so there will be no last minute dramas etc. Stay off and leave the pitch for the team.

Leithenhibby
30-04-2017, 11:39 AM

:agree: 100%

Can we just send the players off on their summer break with our best wishes from our seats. It's their time, let them milk it if they so wish. :aok:

GGTTH

lapsedhibee
30-04-2017, 11:41 AM

Agreed. There should be no prancing. On or off the pitch. No goading and no prancing, anywhere.

Lancs Harp
30-04-2017, 11:44 AM
Cant see St Mirren fans invading the pitch, surely the policing/stewarding for half an end is a tad easier than trying to keep fans off the pitch from 3 or 3.5 sides of the ground? Different ball game I think.

Not really an option for me as I sit near the back of the East. We'll be in pre season by the time I get to the bottom of the stand. :wink:

keep the faith
30-04-2017, 11:45 AM
We should change this thread title to "stay off the pitch - let's not spoil things now" and have it as a sticky all week.

Hopefully the players can do a proper lap of honour with the cup this time. Scottish cup was pure exuberance, but running on the pitch this time would be stupid. It's only the championship too.

NAE NOOKIE
30-04-2017, 11:46 AM
Absolutely stay off the pitch ...... at the end of the day the players as individuals deserve their wee lap of honour for finally getting us back into the premiership, but as a club in all honesty all this represents is the end of a period in our history that if it hadn't been for winning the Scottish Cup we would all want to forget.

Celebrating success is one thing, this would be more like celebrating the end of failure, which isn't really the same thing.

Sir David Gray
30-04-2017, 12:28 PM
Absolutely stay off the pitch ...... at the end of the day the players as individuals deserve their wee lap of honour for finally getting us back into the premiership, but as a club in all honesty all this represents is the end of a period in our history that if it hadn't been for winning the Scottish Cup we would all want to forget.

Celebrating success is one thing, this would be more like celebrating the end of failure, which isn't really the same thing.

Correct. I would be a tad embarrassed if we invaded the pitch because we had won the Championship!

Skol
30-04-2017, 12:35 PM
Club should say that the presentation will be held inside the west stand if anyone is on the pitch. No time for invasions.

30-04-2017, 12:37 PM
I hope there's a pitch invasion. Quite enjoyed the last one.

Borderhibbie76
30-04-2017, 01:01 PM
Get a grip ffs it's the championship we've won.

O'Rourke3
30-04-2017, 01:07 PM
Having beaten Falkirk last game of the last time we won the old First, the team came back out and that's when big Eck made his famous - "I'm here as long as you want me to be" speech. Once the hostilities were over many fans did go on the pitch at the very end just have a walk about. By then the team had left.

MrRobot
01-05-2017, 09:30 AM
Stay off the pitch.

1van Sprou7e
01-05-2017, 10:13 AM
If we managed to avoid invading the pitch against QotS then why is this even up for discussion?

Super_JMcGinn
01-05-2017, 10:28 AM
If we managed to avoid invading the pitch against QotS then why is this even up for discussion?
:top marks

GreenNWhiteArmy
01-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Wouldn't bother me if there's a pitch invasion. Probably rock on to the pitch myself if others were on it.

Bolton fans done it yesterday. Would imagine sheff utd did too. As will Brighton next week and possibly Newcastle. It happens get over it.

Clubs bigger than the division they're in are doing it. Scottish Media has delivered in the sense that it's made everybody so against something that's done by almost every club winning promotion simply because the rangers fans couldn't handle a bit of abuse, something they've subjected every single ****ing club in Scotland and many across Europe to.

Pisses me off the pathetic reaction to last May

JDHibs
01-05-2017, 10:38 AM
Please god no.

Bad enough we have taken 3 seasons to go up. Never mind embarrassing ourselves with a pitch invasion. Stop using the cup final as justification to do it. Thats was an entirely different situation. Its pathetic a club of our size and resources was ever relegated, never mind struggled to get back up.

No wonder we are called the "wee team" with a mentality like that. Win the league with dignity and stay off the pitch.

Lancs Harp
01-05-2017, 10:41 AM
There will be no pitch invasion. The Club has ordered more anti invasion tape.

scooby
01-05-2017, 10:44 AM
Totally agree. Still annoys me that the CIS Cup win celebrations back at the stadium were cut short because of a few selfish folk on the pitch. There's no need to be on the pitch on Saturday.

Me too, can we just stay off the pitch and enjoy the moment.

keep the faith
01-05-2017, 10:53 AM
Why would you want to be over the age of 10 and run onto the pitch as we won the second tier of Scottish football?
For goodness sake stay off the pitch and let's not ruin the day.

NAE NOOKIE
01-05-2017, 10:55 AM
Please god no.

Bad enough we have taken 3 seasons to go up. Never mind embarrassing ourselves with a pitch invasion. Stop using the cup final as justification to do it. Thats was an entirely different situation. Its pathetic a club of our size and resources was ever relegated, never mind struggled to get back up.

No wonder we are called the "wee team" with a mentality like that. Win the league with dignity and stay off the pitch.

Nobody in Scotland, or anywhere else for that matter, refers to Hibs as 'the wee team' apart from the Gorgie Galacticos and that's because of their delusional idea that they are a big team ........ If it comes to it and a few kids decide they are going to run onto the pitch I will try to contain my embarrassment :greengrin

merritthibees
01-05-2017, 11:01 AM
This would be embarrassing if it happens. Not to mention the club would then be fined for it. I for one would rather we saved our club the unnecessary fine!

01-05-2017, 11:05 AM
Wouldn't bother me if there's a pitch invasion. Probably rock on to the pitch myself if others were on it.

Bolton fans done it yesterday. Would imagine sheff utd did too. As will Brighton next week and possibly Newcastle. It happens get over it.

Clubs bigger than the division they're in are doing it. Scottish Media has delivered in the sense that it's made everybody so against something that's done by almost every club winning promotion simply because the rangers fans couldn't handle a bit of abuse, something they've subjected every single ****ing club in Scotland and many across Europe to.

Pisses me off the pathetic reaction to last May

Exactly. Pitch invasions happen every week at the business end of the season and nobody bats an eye. The hibs fans went on last May because it was a huge build up of relief and emotion, last minute goal and the relief at finally ending 114 years. The trouble started when the huns came on. They came on with no other intent than to fight hibs fans. This absolute bollocks that they "were coming on to protect their players" is utter garbage as it later emerged that no player was "brutally attacked" as was peddled out in the media.

End of the day the media absolutely lapped up the pitch invasion story because they wanted to deflect from the real story of the day. Rangers victim routine afterwards was utterly pathetic, it may have even been comical if it wasn't so cringeworthy. Pictures emerged of rangers fans kicking a hibs fan on the ground (aye he was really protecting a rangers player there right enough :rolleyes:).

The Rangers don't like it up them and their snivelling, arse sooking wee pals in the media were there to make sure their " we are the poor wee victims, we were just heroically saving our players from the big bad hibees" story was bigged up as much as possible. Combine that with their absolutely laughable "rangers fans showed great restraint" supporters club statement and the who thing is just pathetic.

They are the lowest form of ****. A vile, nasty club rotten to the core with bigotry and hate running through it. The fact they have got threads on their Rangers media forum calling a journalist an "utter ****" for calling the monkey gestures disgusting and a whole thread of them raging about the pitch invader "not taking his big opportunity to be a rangers hero" and punching Scott Brown in the face just tells you everything you need to know about that pond life. Unless your a hate-filled bigot then your not welcome in the ibrox support and you'd probably stick out like a sore thumb.

lyonhibs
01-05-2017, 11:10 AM
The cringe factor would be off the scale if there was a pitch invasion.

Completely different from the Cup Final.

01-05-2017, 11:22 AM

Exactly. Winning the championship isn't even remotely comparable to the SC win last year. Lets not turn into hearts 2 years ago and act as if we've just won the Champions League, they wanted multiple guards of honour and many of them over on keekback were even calling for an open top bus parade.

I'll enjoy the day and the celebrations but lets not go over board. It's a relief to finally put the last 3 years behind us and the team deserve a lot of credit so lets make it a great day and party atmosphere but stands only for us please.

superfurryhibby
01-05-2017, 11:26 AM

You are not the only one. What should have been an amazing celebration at ER was cut short because some pissed up ego merchants felt they needed to indulge their self pleasuring tendencies.

My eldest laddie still remembers the League Cup celebration in 1991, he was around 7. That was such an emotional night. Saturdays celebrations should be about the players and there will be a good few who won't be back. Lets show some class, pay tribute to the Hibees and at the same time behave.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-05-2017, 02:35 PM

Do you still cringe over 1981 and 1999, or have you got over it?

Capt Mainwaring
01-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Stay off the pitch. Remember it's the Championship we've won not the Premiership!

Sir David Gray
01-05-2017, 03:03 PM
Stay off the pitch. Remember it's the Championship we've won not the Premiership!

Exactly. Surely folk can wait another 12 months!

Tamhere1875
01-05-2017, 03:39 PM
The GFA are just looking for a chance to come down hard on Hibs

lucky
01-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Personally find it embarrassing that we think winning this ****ty league is worth a pitch invasion

Thecat23
01-05-2017, 03:46 PM

Yeah let's watch all the neds run on and fat old men who are clutching onto their youth make fools of themselves. It's the first division ffs I'd like to think folk can contain the sheer excitement at winning such a huge trophy!!!!

hfc rd
01-05-2017, 04:56 PM

Exactly.

AndyB_70
01-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Stay off the pitch but I'm more surprised how far off the total points from 98-99 we are.

P Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Hibernian 36 28 5 3 84 33 +51 89 (1998-99)
1 Hibernian 35 19 13 3 58 24 +34 70 (2016-17)

lyonhibs
01-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Do you still cringe over 1981 and 1999, or have you got over it?

81 was before my time and in 99 we went back up at the first time of asking. I'm not a fan of pitch invasions in general, but the one at the Cup Final was borne out of pure joy, relief and emotion that a 114 year wait is over.

To celebrate finally scratching our way out of this ****ty league with the same intensity would be massive overkill and cringetastic IMO.

I'd feel exactly the same if The Hun media and RFC hadn't kicked up such a predominantely fabricated stooshy after the Cup Final FWIW.

Dashing Bob S
01-05-2017, 05:48 PM
I shall be on the pitch and anybody who wants to stop me can have a square go.*

*Offer does not apply to anybody who is vaguely hard.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-05-2017, 05:58 PM
81 was before my time and in 99 we went back up at the first time of asking. I'm not a fan of pitch invasions in general, but the one at the Cup Final was borne out of pure joy, relief and emotion that a 114 year wait is over.

To celebrate finally scratching our way out of this ****ty league with the same intensity would be massive overkill and cringetastic IMO.

I'd feel exactly the same if The Hun media and RFC hadn't kicked up such a predominantely fabricated stooshy after the Cup Final FWIW.

Totally agree with this.

Would be massive cringe to invade the pitch or to celebrate wildly.

Sir David Gray
01-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Forget about the pitch invasion, does anyone know what the plans are for the bus parade?

I need to know in case I need to book next Monday off work.

CockneyRebel
01-05-2017, 06:19 PM

Plus the fact that not winning it for all that time was shoved up our nose year after year after year, not just by Hearts supporters but also all the media every time we played a SC cup tie - then they acted all surprised when we went crazy at the final whistle.

SirDavidsNapper
01-05-2017, 07:05 PM
Please please please no pitch invasion. The league was won two weeks ago and it's the Championship. A last minute goal to end 114 years of hurt yes. A trophy presentation for a lower league we won weeks ago I don't think so.

monarch
01-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Forget about the pitch invasion, does anyone know what the plans are for the bus parade?

I need to know in case I need to book next Monday off work.

I've heard from a reliable (aren't they all) source that the team will board the Lothian number 1 at the end of Albion Road and alight at the foot of Easter Road for access to Leith Links for the celebrations. I'm told that the squad are a bit unhappy that Rodders is insisting that they pay their own fares, except Grant Holt whose bus pass allows him on for free.

lugz
01-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Dont be twats.

I'm looking forward to Saturday and my daughter is so excited to see them lift the trophy, lets all stay in the stands give the players the reception they deserve and let them do a lap of honour to sunshine on Leith.