PDA

View Full Version : ER access

CropleyWasGod
29-04-2017, 06:42 PM
I'm taking my Dad to the game next week. It's his first time in ages, as he has mobility problems.

Normally, I park miles away and walk to the ground. But I can't do that with him.

I've never really noticed, but is Albion Road closed to traffic on match days? Is there any way I could drop him off at the ground? And...is the parking on St Clair Street only for Blue Badge holders?

Any help would be appreciated 😊

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
29-04-2017, 06:46 PM
Albion Road is usually closed to cars coming off Easter Road when I walk past. That's at 2.40ish.

CMurdoch
29-04-2017, 06:46 PM
As long as you get to Albion Road early you can drive along it.
Last time I saw St Claire Street It was parking for blue badge holders only.
Think you would find all the relevant info on the club website.

Scouse Hibee
29-04-2017, 06:47 PM
I'm taking my Dad to the game next week. It's his first time in ages, as he has mobility problems.

Normally, I park miles away and walk to the ground. But I can't do that with him.

I've never really noticed, but is Albion Road closed to traffic on match days? Is there any way I could drop him off at the ground? And...is the parking on St Clair Street only for Blue Badge holders?

Any help would be appreciated 😊

You can still drive along Albion Road prior to kick off and yes St Claire St is for blue badge holders. Dropping him off right outside the ground and then parking is best bet. If you're early you will get parked 5 mins away at Lochend, I have never failed to get parked there yet.

cabbageandribs1875
29-04-2017, 06:49 PM
i've noticed this season cars(with blue badges) have been parking in one of the units car parks down st clair street, not sure if the guy at the gates charges though, and yep st clair street is only for blue badge cars

hibee
29-04-2017, 06:59 PM
You can park on one side of Hawkhill Avenue now or Butterfly Way if you're there early enough.

Dropping him off is ok but how do you get back for him so I'd get there early and get a decent space nearby.

Sir David Gray
29-04-2017, 07:09 PM
St Clair Street is set aside for those with a blue badge however we seem to have a high proportion of supporters who own a blue badge 🙄 so with next week being busy I would advise you to get there by 1.30pm if you want parked there.

CMurdoch
29-04-2017, 07:14 PM
tt

MSK
29-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Ive noticed people parking in the industrial unit space, a steward is on hand with clipboard taking names, do you need special passes to park in the industrial space & are they associated with hibs ?

cookin_on_gaz
29-04-2017, 07:20 PM
How many are chancers?
Not very many I would imagine

Sent from my VF-1397 using Tapatalk

WeAreHibs
29-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Contact Nicola in hospitality, she'll sort you out with parking I'm sure!

Sir David Gray
29-04-2017, 07:25 PM
How many are chancers?

More than there should be.

CropleyWasGod
30-04-2017, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the replies, people.

Think I'll make the auld bugger walk from D Mains. It'll do him good, and might make him think twice about battling St Mirren casuals with his walking stick.

CMurdoch
30-04-2017, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the replies, people.

Think I'll make the auld bugger walk from D Mains. It'll do him good, and might make him think twice about battling St Mirren casuals with his walking stick.

:greengrin

HibbyAndy
30-04-2017, 01:00 PM
Rossi place

CropleyWasGod
03-05-2017, 02:19 PM
Update.

We have been given access to the Speedy car park across from the shop.

Superb action from the Club.

Watch me as I give all the peasants the finger on Saturday [emoji48]

1van Sprou7e
03-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Speaking of access, anyone know the best way to get into the south stand?

hibbysam
03-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Update.

I think they close Albion Rd around 2.30 to traffic so just make sure your along early enough.

hibbysam
03-05-2017, 02:42 PM

I reckon as with the QOTS game, access to the South will be via the back of the East.

Onceinawhile
03-05-2017, 02:44 PM

Turnstiles work for me. Could bolt from the east though?

RoYO!
03-05-2017, 02:48 PM
Could you drop him at BTG and go and park?

1van Sprou7e
03-05-2017, 02:48 PM
I reckon as with the QOTS game, access to the South will be via the back of the East.

Alright cheers mate!

CMurdoch
03-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Update.

Well done.
Hope you both have an enjoyable day

ColinNish
03-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Update.

Get there before half 2 or you'll not get in. Road is closed with barrier and stewards are sticklers for not letting any cars in.

ColinNish
03-05-2017, 06:50 PM
Ive noticed people parking in the industrial unit space, a steward is on hand with clipboard taking names, do you need special passes to park in the industrial space & are they associated with hibs ?

Yes they are associated with hibs.

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2017, 07:07 PM
Get there before half 2 or you'll not get in. Road is closed with barrier and stewards are sticklers for not letting any cars in.

I've often wandered about the legality of stewards closing roads with barriers.

ColinNish
03-05-2017, 08:15 PM

In what way?

NAE NOOKIE
04-05-2017, 11:41 AM

Me as well to be honest ...... sure they can chuck a barrier across the road, but I highly doubt they have any legal powers to stop anybody moving it and just driving on ... outside of the interior of the stadium I would imagine any of them who touched you would be committing an assault.

The same goes for the smoking area outside of the FF stand to the right of the shop as you look at it from the road ...... they usually put barriers up where the pillars supporting the stand are making the smoking area from the exit gate to the pillars, this still leaves an area of similar size between the pillars and the pavement.

In spite of the fact that, especially at big games, the smoking area can become like the black hole of Calcutta they steadfastly refuse to move the barriers back to where the pavement starts .... when you ask them why not you never get a satisfactory answer. You would be lucky if a total of 10 pedestrians walk past the smoking area during half time and given the fact that moving the barriers back wouldn't block the pavement it hardly seems like a case of obstructing the thoroughfare ..... It seems that when it comes to G4s or whoever is giving them their instructions common sense is at a bit of a premium.

The Harp
05-05-2017, 02:37 PM

Was wondering about this. I'll be in my usual seat in the FF but my daughter and 2 of my grandkids will be in the South Stand. Anyone know if I could get to the South by going round the back of the East to meet up with them after the game?