PDA

View Full Version : League position

dastardly8
29-04-2017, 05:10 PM
13 points ahead on second place huge goal difference and only lost 3 games all season , I know Stubbs is a legend but Lenny has added a real spirit to the team and has achieved promotion at his first attempt, signs are good for next season.

Sir David Gray
29-04-2017, 05:42 PM
The 13 draws still annoy me a bit but I generally agree with this.

Spudster
29-04-2017, 05:45 PM
That puts us equal on points with both seasons under Stubbs.

CMurdoch
29-04-2017, 07:20 PM
That puts us equal on points with both seasons under Stubbs.

The league has become easier each season so the points total should have gone up each season.
Would settle for 60 points next season.

PatHead
29-04-2017, 07:24 PM
One of the biggest differences is how we defend throw ins and corners late in matches. Always worried we would lose a goal under Stubbs. Don't have that fear under Lennon.

lucky
29-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Skooshed it

Blaster
29-04-2017, 07:28 PM
The league has become easier each season so the points total should have gone up each season.

It's not become easier points wise. Easier to win because rangers weren't in it but the rest of the teams are better than what was there last season. In my opinion of course

We did manage to take points of the much harder rangers tho

Billy Whizz
29-04-2017, 08:37 PM
If we'd have got better results at home, we'd have won the league in March. Think he we got 1 point out of 6, at home to Ayr

Iggy Pope
29-04-2017, 08:41 PM

Harder in as much as we had the other two to contend with each time? Even though our record against the other two was largely good?
It was failing to the dross the two previous seasons that stopped us going up. Not this time.

Iggy Pope
29-04-2017, 08:43 PM
If we'd have got better results at home, we'd have won the league in March. Think he we got 1 point out of 6, at home to Ayr

If we had been a wee bit better home and away in the whole of January, February and March last season we wouldn't have been playing here this season.

Marco G
29-04-2017, 09:50 PM
If we had been a wee bit better home and away in the whole of January, February and March last season we wouldn't have been playing here this season.
That is the point. What matters is what we did this season, and we did what was needed. We did not do what was needed the last two seasons. End of!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Robinho08
29-04-2017, 10:22 PM
Lennon got an easier gig than Stubbs. Didn't feel like we skooshed it but the league table says otherwise I suppose.

RCNG
29-04-2017, 10:42 PM
Morton can still catch us though.

tamig
29-04-2017, 10:47 PM
Skooshed it

Absolutely 👍

Hibeewilly
29-04-2017, 10:59 PM
One of the biggest differences is how we defend throw ins and corners late in matches. Always worried we would lose a goal under Stubbs. Don't have that fear under Lennon.
It's still an issue. Hanlon and McGregor are great players in our league but Lennon is looking at Ajer on a loan deal because we are not dominant enough in the air at the back to step up a level as we'll have to do next year. We might be surprised by some departures but I expect that because Neil Lennon is an absolute winner!!!