ancient hibee
29-04-2017, 02:26 PM
NL.

Big L
29-04-2017, 02:32 PM
Lenny. Edinburgh evening news!

bingo70
29-04-2017, 02:36 PM
Don't really understand Lennons logic, he says we have a chance as there may be visa issues if he tries to move down south? Why would there be visa issues? Surely it'd be the same visa whether it was Scotland or England?

Big L
29-04-2017, 02:38 PM
Don't really understand Lennons logic, he says we have a chance as there may be visa issues if he tries to move down south? Why would there be visa issues? Surely it'd be the same visa whether it was Scotland or England?

I don't underdtand that bit either, but I do believe he has to be 5yrs to get residency in the UK.

GordonHFC
29-04-2017, 02:41 PM
I don't underdtand that bit either, but I do believe he has to be 5yrs to get residency in the UK.

The visa issue was why his move to Blackburn fell through in January. Think it is because it is a different FA that causes the problem.

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2017, 02:44 PM
Bombscare :greengrin

Big L
29-04-2017, 02:48 PM

I like Efe, but I prefer the pairing of McGregor & Hanlon.

lucky
29-04-2017, 03:20 PM
I like Efe, but I prefer the pairing of McGregor & Hanlon.

Efe is better than the two them and would be a great signing

GreenArmyyy!
29-04-2017, 03:26 PM

Hahaha!!!

lucky
29-04-2017, 03:32 PM
Hahaha!!!

Constructive response. The reality is the Efe has played at a lot higher lever than PH & DM and has a bit more quality than the other two.

Allant1981
29-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Hahaha!!!

what is funny about it, he has played for bigger teams and in bigger games and been capped numerous times for his country

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2017, 04:02 PM

:agree: He'd be a fantastic signing, Better than anything else except what they currently have a celtic.

29-04-2017, 04:04 PM
Would be a very good signing IMO.

mentalhibee
29-04-2017, 04:06 PM
Been brilliant for us, hope we can keep him.

500miles
29-04-2017, 04:17 PM
I agree that Ambrose is most likely technically and physically superior to both Paul and Darren. However, I think they both are better communicators and organisers and that was evident against Raith.

Onion
29-04-2017, 04:22 PM
If Ambrose is typical of the quality Hibs are looking to sign, then it's going to be a great summer window :thumbsup:

1van Sprou7e
29-04-2017, 04:28 PM
I agree that Ambrose is most likely technically and physically superior to both Paul and Darren. However, I think they both are better communicators and organisers and that was evident against Raith.

Agree with this mostly. Still think Hanlon-McGregor might be our best partnership but Efe is a superior player.

In any case if he end up signing I'll be very happy

corby hibee
29-04-2017, 04:42 PM
He looks like he is happy at hibs.

greenlex
29-04-2017, 04:53 PM
I think he would be a revelation in midfield.

CapitalGreen
29-04-2017, 04:59 PM
Hahaha!!!

What's so funny? He's right

wookie70
29-04-2017, 05:00 PM
He has been great at Hibs and would be a very good signing. Nice problem for Lennon to have if we have Ambrose, Hanlon and Daz.

ancient hibee
29-04-2017, 05:08 PM
He has been great at Hibs and would be a very good signing. Nice problem for Lennon to have if we have Ambrose, Hanlon and Daz.
Would give Lennon the opportunity to play three at the back or Darren at right back.

Arch Stanton
29-04-2017, 05:09 PM
The visa issue was why his move to Blackburn fell through in January. Think it is because it is a different FA that causes the problem.

I'd hazard a guess then that it is easier to get a visa for someone in Scotland's top tier compared to someone in England's 2nd tier. It makes sense that beurocrats might work that way and it also rings a tiny bell in the deep recesses of my mind.

hibs#1
29-04-2017, 05:09 PM
He could also play in front of the back four as a holding midfielder.

1van Sprou7e
29-04-2017, 05:10 PM
Would give Lennon the opportunity to play three at the back or Darren at right back.

Efe's more likely to play at RB than Mcgregor

Roxyhibee
29-04-2017, 05:12 PM
Hahaha!!!

Mate. As much as I like Paul and Daz, Efe is a top quality player and would be the first name on every team sheet outside Celtic. And I think he could even still get a game for them.

Would be an incredible signing for us.

Scouse Hibee
29-04-2017, 05:14 PM
Efe is a class above any defenders currently at the club for sure. It would be a massive coup for Hibs to sign him on a permanent basis.

Andy74
29-04-2017, 06:22 PM
Efe is a class above any defenders currently at the club for sure. It would be a massive coup for Hibs to sign him on a permanent basis.

Correct.

Tha Cabbage Kid
29-04-2017, 06:35 PM
He would be a great signing as I'd be happy with him playing either CB,RB,DM OR EVEN CM. He seems quite creative and can swing in a decent cross. If we can get him then we must!!!!

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
29-04-2017, 06:38 PM
I really hope this is true although I have my doubts. He would be a brilliant signing.

3pm
29-04-2017, 06:40 PM
Efe was enjoying the love from the fans today!

147lothian
29-04-2017, 08:51 PM
Efe has strolled through games and showed why he is an international player, he's always kept it simple and arguably been our best player in almost every game he's played for us, he would be a fantastic signing IF we could get him which sadly I doubt

Golden Bear
29-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Efe has strolled through games and showed why he is an international player, he's always kept it simple and arguably been our best player in almost every game he's played for us, he would be a fantastic signing IF we could get him which sadly I doubt

Form is temporary but class is permanent. Sums up Efe I think.

Marco G
29-04-2017, 09:43 PM
Why do you doubt it? Think his visa extension could be approved if he signs for a club he is out on loan to ie Hibs. But if he moves to another club in UK he would need to reapply and would maybe not meet the number of international games needed recently.

So possibly that us why NL thinks we have a chance of signing him.

Of course he may prefer to move abroad or take his chance on getting another UK Visa, but it's not impossible he will go with the Hibs option imo. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Libby Hibby
29-04-2017, 10:00 PM
We should try and build a team around Efe if there is a chance of signing him.

Brilliant if this could happen.

Tinribs
29-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Would love it if we sign him, but the thought of what we would have to pay him in wages scares me.

Marco G
30-04-2017, 07:25 AM
Would love it if we sign him, but the thought of what we would have to pay him in wages scares me.
No, we would make him an offer within our budget, then it's up to him. See my post about visas above?

Hermit Crab
30-04-2017, 07:30 AM
Quality player, would be steal if we signed him.

JimBHibees
30-04-2017, 08:43 AM

Don't mind him however thought he was very poor in the semi final.

Greenworld
30-04-2017, 08:47 AM
That is the kind of signing that would signal a real change.class player

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Unseen work
30-04-2017, 08:53 AM
Would love it but personally cannot see it.

He could and would get much better offers in England or abroad.

HFCdeb
30-04-2017, 08:58 AM
We should be doing our best to keep him for his long throw ins alone.

LustForLeith
30-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Reminds me a bit of Sauzee in he way you can tell he's suited to a higher level but manage to stroll most games.

On a side note my son was singing an Eye Ambrose song. To the tune of Bob Marley's Three Little Birds

Singing don't worry 'bout a thing
Cause with Efe Ambrose, its gonna be alright.

Not sure where he got this from, can't recall it being sung at matches.

Marco G
30-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Would love it but personally cannot see it.

He could and would get much better offers in England or abroad.
But needs a work permit, so an offer is no good on its own. But as a player loaned to us and wanting a permanent move to us it is a different (easier) set of rules that apply afaik. Perhaps!

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-04-2017, 12:28 PM
Would be great if we could sign him for whatever length of time. Offer him a two year deal on the proviso that we won't stand in his way if a better move becomes an option and he can get a slice of any transfer fee to make up for the drop in expected wages.

BoltonHibee
30-04-2017, 01:41 PM
The International clearance belongs to the country, not the club. So Ambrose could sign for anybody in Scotland. If he wanted to sign for a club outwith Scotland and Nigeria international clearance would be required. It was refused when he was at Blackburn as there are limited numbers available the majority of which are allocated to EPL. There were certain criteria that he didn't meet at the time and I'm not sure they have been met now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
30-04-2017, 01:57 PM
Don't mind him however thought he was very poor in the semi final.

He was awful for the first 30 minutes, then he was fine.

18Hibee75
30-04-2017, 02:08 PM
He was awful for the first 30 minutes, then he was fine.
Just like the rest of the team.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

neil7908
30-04-2017, 02:14 PM
I don't know about his personal circumstances but unless he is desperate to stay in Scotland for family reasons or whatever he'd be taking a huge wage cut to come here.

I understand the stuff about visas but there are a lot of other clubs in Europe or the world that would be interested in a player of his experience and pay him 5-10 times what we can.

cmcd
30-04-2017, 02:34 PM

I don't think you're a Bombs care. A little strange but not a Bombs care 😂😂

YehButNoBut
30-04-2017, 03:48 PM
Reminds me a bit of Sauzee in he way you can tell he's suited to a higher level but manage to stroll most games.

On a side note my son was singing an Eye Ambrose song. To the tune of Bob Marley's Three Little Birds

Singing don't worry 'bout a thing
Cause with Efe Ambrose, its gonna be alright.

Not sure where he got this from, can't recall it being sung at matches.

maybe here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3aiTpkTk5o

Lago
30-04-2017, 03:59 PM
maybe here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3aiTpkTk5o
Brilliant absolutely brilliant.

147lothian
01-05-2017, 12:10 PM
Why do you doubt it? Think his visa extension could be approved if he signs for a club he is out on loan to ie Hibs. But if he moves to another club in UK he would need to reapply and would maybe not meet the number of international games needed recently.

So possibly that us why NL thinks we have a chance of signing him.

Of course he may prefer to move abroad or take his chance on getting another UK Visa, but it's not impossible he will go with the Hibs option imo. [emoji3]

I doubt it because Efe, can obviously play at a much higher level, ie get far higher wages in the Championship or abroad and he won't lack suitors not just for what he's done at Easter Road but also from the International stage, he's not long back from the African Cup of Nations.

Saying that, I hear what your saying about the visa extension mate, and I certainly hope your right it would be a massive coup for the club to get someone of Efe's caliber for the spl campaign

Ozyhibby
01-05-2017, 05:22 PM
I doubt it because Efe, can obviously play at a much higher level, ie get far higher wages in the Championship or abroad and he won't lack suitors not just for what he's done at Easter Road but also from the International stage, he's not long back from the African Cup of Nations.

Saying that, I hear what your saying about the visa extension mate, and I certainly hope your right it would be a massive coup for the club to get someone of Efe's caliber for the spl campaign

I think the issue is that Ambrose wants UK citizenship and needs to stay here a bit longer to get it. And it looks like he will only get a visa to stay in Scotland. Let's hope the deal can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk