PDA

View Full Version : No Kenny Miller

snooky
29-04-2017, 01:02 AM
Beeb web says Miller signs 1 year extension with Huns.
That ends any speculation of him ending his career at Easter Road.

Nameless
29-04-2017, 01:31 AM
Good. We're not a pension plan for players on their last legs, we are a breeding ground for talented, hungry professionals.

I reserve the right to reverse this opinion if Miller scores 20 goals next season.

Hermit Crab
29-04-2017, 02:03 AM
Listen, this pish is spouted on here season after season by the same posters. He was never going to sign for us. I for one am glad, yes he can score goals but we need young, promising up and coming talent. Not someone who will be retiring in a year or two. :rolleyes:

OsloHibs
29-04-2017, 02:09 AM
Seriously! The man has been excellent this season, he's hardly a talentless has-been on his last legs..
This forum is getting worse.

Hermit Crab
29-04-2017, 03:59 AM
Seriously! The man has been excellent this season, he's hardly a talentless has-been on his last legs..

11 goals in 40 league and cup matches this season. Hardly amazing.

Heisenberg
29-04-2017, 05:02 AM
He's as hun as you get these days. Was always going to sign on again for them.

Jim44
29-04-2017, 05:10 AM

I agree he's still doing the business for Sevco but you can bet that your bottom dollar that he won't be sniffing around ER till he get's the bum's rush from them, in which case he is unlikely to be of much use to us. Forget any notion of a nostalgic reunion with other cllubs' aged rejects.

makaveli1875
29-04-2017, 05:10 AM

he's a hun has-been on his last legs , who has looked good in a ***** huns team

keep the faith
29-04-2017, 06:52 AM
he's a hun has-been on his last legs , who has looked good in a ***** huns team

He came into the hibs dressing room after the cup final and shook every players hand. He is still performing at a high level and fit as a fiddle at 38. A credit to himself.

I can't stand the club he chooses to play for, but I'm not sure he deserves the insults going his way on here.

hibbysam
29-04-2017, 06:59 AM
Grant Holt > Kenny Miller.

hibbydog
29-04-2017, 07:21 AM

I was thinking about that. Now we are definitely not getting Kenny miller, everyone is saying 'ach he's p!sh and way too old' but at the same time we're all trying to keep holt from the door? Confusing!

FWIW, not overly enthused about signing players in their late 30s, but miller would have improved our squad. And holt will be a good option to have if he signs.

The bee all and end all is keeping Cummings imo...

mmmmhibby
29-04-2017, 07:25 AM
Listen, this pish is spouted on here season after season by the same posters. He was never going to sign for us. I for one am glad, yes he can score goals but we need young, promising up and coming talent. Not someone who will be retiring in a year or two. :rolleyes:

THIS 100%, now close this thread.

MrSmith
29-04-2017, 07:33 AM
Happy for him but more delighted for us he ain't coming.

RoYO!
29-04-2017, 07:49 AM

Yep cos guys like Craig Brewster had zero positive impact on our promising talent :P

greenlex
29-04-2017, 07:58 AM
Tremendous pro. Could have been an asset for us both on and off he park. Not to be.

sleeping giant
29-04-2017, 07:59 AM
Ahh, the old KM didn't sign for Hibs again news.

What wasn't it this time ?

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2017, 08:01 AM
Tremendous pro. Could have been an asset for us both on and off he park. Not to be.

He's older than the queen and is now The Rangers through and through. It was never a possibility.

Big_Franck
29-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Beeb web says Miller signs 1 year extension with Huns.
That ends any speculation of him ending his career at Easter Road.

Good. Don't want that horrible wee hun cant anywhere near our club.

Hermit Crab
29-04-2017, 08:14 AM
Yep cos guys like Craig Brewster had zero positive impact on our promising talent :P

16 years ago? A lot of things have changed since then, we have our academy and East Mains for developing young talent.

Hermit Crab
29-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Ahh, the old KM didn't sign for Hibs again news.

What wasn't it this time ?

He loves the huns so he decided to stay......again, shock horror. :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2017, 08:17 AM

Agree, let's get players have can give us more than 1 season......(GH has been lambasted for his legs going, god only knows how long KM has left)

Onion
29-04-2017, 08:18 AM
Says much about Sevco's ambition and buying power for the coming season that they're prepared to sign up a 37yo striker to compete with Celtic and the rest of us. Unless they strengthen greatly (esp their defence) we're going to have a real chance of competing with that lot next season.

Albanian Hibs
29-04-2017, 08:19 AM
So much for him coming to Hibs (again). Would rather have Grant Holt anyway.

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2017, 08:20 AM
Says much about Sevco's ambition and buying power for the coming season that they're prepared to sign up a 37yo striker to compete with Celtic and the rest of us. Unless they strengthen greatly (esp their defence) we're going to have a real chance of competing with that lot next season.

They have no pot to p in......

HFCdeb
29-04-2017, 08:22 AM
I like Kenny Miller and would've been happy enough if he'd come back to Hibs. A model pro who has really looked after himself and has experience of winning this league.
We have quite a young squad and that's great but if we really do have ambitions over and above just consolidating our top league status then we do need quality experienced players. Look at the difference in Cummings this season having an old pro like Grant Holt beside him.

RoYO!
29-04-2017, 08:43 AM
16 years ago? A lot of things have changed since then, we have our academy and East Mains for developing young talent.

Granted, just think he is exactly the type of pro that could add so much more to the place and def someone the young guys could look up to/ learn a lot from in a number of different ways.

One Day
29-04-2017, 09:46 AM
I like Kenny Miller and would've been happy enough if he'd come back to Hibs. A model pro who has really looked after himself and has experience of winning this league.
We have quite a young squad and that's great but if we really do have ambitions over and above just consolidating our top league status then we do need quality experienced players. Look at the difference in Cummings this season having an old pro like Grant Holt beside him.

I agree with you

ancient hibee
29-04-2017, 10:18 AM
Still playing at the top Scottish level.Still being well paid.Clearly a good sport.No real scandal off the park.Not very like many of our former boy wonders is he?He would have been an asset but naturally stayed with the money.Good luck to him.

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2017, 12:25 PM
Cant say I'm sorry .... I respect Miller as a pro ..... I could never stand his over enthusiastic celebrations when he scored against the club that gave him his first break in professional football, I could have stood him sliding to the touchline on his knees, what boiled ma pish was him jumping the hoardings and gleefully throwing himself into the bigot hoards at Easter Road, which he did more than once.

Besides that, I would rather see us looking to sign young hungry players, but hopefully with a decent track record ....... Ever since Craig Brewster and Mixu played for us there seems to be a mindset with our fans that we must have a gnarled auld pro up front, but where is it written that we have to do that? I would rather see two or three busy 23 year olds buzzing about the final third and sticking it to the opposition with pace and energy than a Grant Holt type whose only job is to get in the way and assist the likes of Cummings.

Lago
29-04-2017, 01:37 PM
Cant say I'm sorry .... I respect Miller as a pro ..... I could never stand his over enthusiastic celebrations when he scored against the club that gave him his first break in professional football, I could have stood him sliding to the touchline on his knees, what boiled ma pish was him jumping the hoardings and gleefully throwing himself into the bigot hoards at Easter Road, which he did more than once.

Besides that, I would rather see us looking to sign young hungry players, but hopefully with a decent track record ....... Ever since Craig Brewster and Mixu played for us there seems to be a mindset with our fans that we must have a gnarled auld pro up front, but where is it written that we have to do that? I would rather see two or three busy 23 year olds buzzing about the final third and sticking it to the opposition with pace and energy than a Grant Holt type whose only job is to get in the way and assist the likes of Cummings.
Yip the celebrations thats what did it for me, any affection he had for Hibs was lost a long long time ago. He was a Hibee once but he's no good now:agree:

JimBHibees
29-04-2017, 01:58 PM

Agree totally. Excellent professional.

CMurdoch
29-04-2017, 02:16 PM
I don't get the hate coming from some for Kenny Miller.
I don't get not celebrating when you score against a team you used to play for. I find it false and cringeworthy.
When a player moves to Hibs we expect him to do his very best for us in every game, to be committed to us and only us.
Kenny Miller is a great example of that.
He celebrated with the Rangers supporters after scoring against Hibs. Makes sense to me, he was delighted to score and celebrated with the fans that cheer him on every week and pay his wages.
He will have fond memories of Hibs but has long since moved on and his loyalties are and should be with the team and supporters he currently plays for.

ancient hibee
29-04-2017, 02:22 PM
I don't get not celebrating when you score against a team you used to play for. I find it false and cringeworthy.
When a player moves to Hibs we expect him to do his very best for us in every game, to be committed to us and only us.
Kenny Miller is a great example of that.
He celebrated with the Rangers supporters after scoring against Hibs. Makes sense to me, he was delighted to score and celebrated with the fans that cheer him on every week and pay his wages.
He will have fond memories of Hibs but has long since moved on and his loyalties are and should be with the team and supporters he currently plays for.
Exactly.

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2017, 02:32 PM
Kenny Miller is a great example of that. He celebrated with the Rangers supporters after scoring against Hibs. He was delighted to score and celebrated with the fans that cheer him on every week and pay his wages.
He will have fond memories of Hibs but has long since move on and his loyalties are with the team he currently plays for.

Its nice to see, but I wouldn't call it a requirement, if a player wants to celebrate a goal that's fine. But on the other hand players know full well what the politics of football are ..... Its a fine line between Hearts and the Huns which club in world football Hibs fans hate the most, and just as pertinently which clubs hate us the most .... Miller must know that and also have known how much we would see his overblown celebrations after scoring against us as a deliberate 'up yours' ............. not cool !!!

The jury is out as to whether players should or shouldn't celebrate goals against former clubs ... the reason being that you don't want to disrespect the fans who formerly supported you 'and paid your wages' ... so most players even if they do celebrate will keep it reasonably low key ...... not jump into the away support as if the goal they have just scored was going to be a contender for goal of the season and was against a team they hated ........ Ladies and gentlemen I give you Kenny Miller.

Dashing Bob S
29-04-2017, 02:46 PM
Nothing against Miller but players at that age are great till they suddenly aren't. Let him waste a year of Hun wages after he suddenly isn't.

Is It On....
29-04-2017, 02:51 PM

No. But it doesn't I mean I want KM.

ancient hibee
29-04-2017, 03:37 PM
Its nice to see, but I wouldn't call it a requirement, if a player wants to celebrate a goal that's fine. But on the other hand players know full well what the politics of football are ..... Its a fine line between Hearts and the Huns which club in world football Hibs fans hate the most, and just as pertinently which clubs hate us the most .... Miller must know that and also have known how much we would see his overblown celebrations after scoring against us as a deliberate 'up yours' ............. not cool !!!

The jury is out as to whether players should or shouldn't celebrate goals against former clubs ... the reason being that you don't want to disrespect the fans who formerly supported you 'and paid your wages' ... so most players even if they do celebrate will keep it reasonably low key ...... not jump into the away support as if the goal they have just scored was going to be a contender for goal of the season and was against a team they hated ........ Ladies and gentlemen I give you Kenny Miller.
Political correctness gone nuts.I would be enraged if a player whose wages I was paying didn't celebrate a goal against a former club.

CMurdoch
29-04-2017, 04:00 PM

The guy hasn't played for us for 17 YEARS and only played 45 games for us. Has played over 200 for that blue team

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2017, 04:04 PM
Political correctness gone nuts.I would be enraged if a player whose wages I was paying didn't celebrate a goal against a former club.

As I said in my original post, its not the celebrating that I minded, and I don't think anybody else would have minded either .......... it was the over the top nature of it. I've never been one of those folk who get all upset when a player you have given stick to all game gives it back, that's fair enough if you ask me ..... but Miller's obvious delight when scoring against Hibs was never going to endear him to our supporters, especially since not only had he played for us, but we also gave him his start in the game ... never mind respect for the fans, what about respect for the club?

You cant expect any ex Hibs player to retain the affection of the fans when he joins the uglies .... even less so when like Miller he is so clearly desperate to ingratiate himself with their bigoted moronic support ..... I for one could care less about the logical approach to whether a player should celebrate when it comes to Miller .... his conduct at ER when playing for the hated Huns makes him a twat in my book and always will.

29-04-2017, 04:46 PM
Despite him playing for that horrible mob I actually have a quite a lot of respect for Millar. Brilliant professional who is still popping up on the big occasions and also total respect for what he did last May when he came into the hibs dressing room after the final and shook everyones hand. That was a really class act.

Would have liked to have seen us sign him but looks like it wasnt to be.

CapitalGreen
29-04-2017, 04:49 PM

Hermit Crab was fuming when we signed Sauzee