PDA

View Full Version : Liam Boyce

gjb1875
28-04-2017, 08:01 PM
hope we can get him in the summer natural goal scorer, great work rate as well would be a starter every week

Mantis Toboggan
28-04-2017, 08:03 PM
hope we can get him in the summer natural goal scorer, great work rate as well would be a starter every week

Does look like the sort of forward we need to complement cummings etc.

Ozyhibby
28-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Just got a hat trick. Worth looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
28-04-2017, 08:10 PM
Just got a hat trick. Worth looking at.

That'll bump the price up :wink:

Mantis Toboggan
28-04-2017, 08:12 PM
You would imagine he will be away somewhere or other in the summer. Good return over last few years so worth a punt for a bigger club for sure.

makaveli1875
28-04-2017, 08:15 PM
id imagine the sheep and the huns will be looking at him , probably some english clubs too . unlikely we'd have much chance

Jack Hackett
28-04-2017, 08:15 PM
That'll bump the price up :wink:

Now that he's been discussed here, the yams will be in with an offer of a 2nd hand stand

Jonnyboy
28-04-2017, 08:16 PM
Now that he's been discussed here, the yams will be in with an offer of a 2nd hand stand

Only if scrap metal has gone up in value recently :greengrin

greenlex
28-04-2017, 08:19 PM
And again.

Golden Bear
Boyce 4 nessie 0

houstonhibbee
4 now and still 30 minutes to go against 10 men

stuart-farquhar
id imagine the sheep and the huns will be looking at him , probably some english clubs too . unlikely we'd have much chance

what's with this Sheepy nonsense. A wee club in a wee city far far away fgs.

Ozyhibby
Boyce 4 nessie 0

Is that 20 for the season now?

Golden Bear
28-04-2017, 08:31 PM
Yip. Shares top goalscoring spot with Sinclair according to the pundits.

makaveli1875
28-04-2017, 08:31 PM
what's with this Sheepy nonsense. A wee club in a wee city far far away fgs.

im not suggesting the sheep are a big club , they do have a habit of signing up alot of good spl players though . rooney , hayes , mcginn , mclean , shinnie .... i doubt boyce will end up there anyway , more likely the huns

IanM
28-04-2017, 08:33 PM
5 shots on target in this match. All of them by Boyce, scoring 4

Unseen work
28-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Would love him here but he will be too expensive for us and move to an English/German team

lord bunberry
28-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Would love him here but he will be too expensive for us and move to an English/German team
I suppose it depends on whether Cummings goes. We'd have a few quid to spend then.

Unseen work
28-04-2017, 08:42 PM
I suppose it depends on whether Cummings goes. We'd have a few quid to spend then.

Even then I don't think we could afford him unfortunately

Ozyhibby
28-04-2017, 08:43 PM
One year left on his deal. He'll be on the move in the summer.

edwards
28-04-2017, 09:01 PM
Maurice Malpas made all the difference then

18Hibee75
28-04-2017, 09:04 PM
Are we interested or a player you would like us to sign??

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Lago
28-04-2017, 09:06 PM
Agree

AlbertK86
28-04-2017, 09:45 PM
We were interested2-3 years ago before he signed for RC but never followed up if I remember correctly

{
ASIStreamID = 87;
}

Mantis Toboggan
28-04-2017, 09:48 PM
Agree

Had a spell in Germany before so could be something in that.
He's definitely not a Rangers man so perhaps unlikely to end up there

Sammy7nil
28-04-2017, 10:04 PM
Maurice Malpas made all the difference then

Yeah Maurice claimed it would have been 7 without his skills and knowledge :greengrin

Kaff
28-04-2017, 10:12 PM
This is probably the same scenario as the Adam Rooney situation, if we want him we should get him and not fart about with loan offers etc and let someone else swoop in. If we got Rooney we would have stayed up under Butcher and if we're serious about top 3\4 next season we need Boyce (or his equivalent). This is the sort of transfer you get nailed and don't hang about ending up with 4th choice and the equivalent of Brian Graham playing a bit part in the season.

Ozyhibby
28-04-2017, 10:26 PM
This is probably the same scenario as the Adam Rooney situation, if we want him we should get him and not fart about with loan offers etc and let someone else swoop in. If we got Rooney we would have stayed up under Butcher and if we're serious about top 3\4 next season we need Boyce (or his equivalent). This is the sort of transfer you get nailed and don't hang about ending up with 4th choice and the equivalent of Brian Graham playing a bit part in the season.

I agree. I'm not saying this is possible as he could be out our price range but I'd hate to think that if he wasn't that he ended up at Aberdeen or hearts.

Kaff
28-04-2017, 10:33 PM
I agree. I'm not saying this is possible as he could be out our price range but I'd hate to think that if he wasn't that he ended up at Aberdeen or hearts.

Yes, my exact thinking. Ok if he's off to bigger contract than Spl but if he goes to a club of our equivalent (like Rooney) then we are foolish.
Goal scorer and goal keeper we need to be ruthless with our targets, they are the bedrock of top teams

HibsNutter
28-04-2017, 10:59 PM
He just scored four goals in a derby match, **** me. Get him signed. Cummings, Boyce with Swanson playing off them.

Nameless
29-04-2017, 01:38 AM
He's definitely not a Rangers man so perhaps unlikely to end up there

Neither is O'Halloran - I don't think that makes any difference to Irish players any more. If the money is right, nothing else matters.

H18 SFR
29-04-2017, 05:09 AM
Neither is O'Halloran - I don't think that makes any difference to Irish players any more. If the money is right, nothing else matters.

Always an exception though, couldn't see Stokesy signing for the Huns.

Nameless
29-04-2017, 06:18 AM
True - given his strong republican connections, that one is an absolute no.

Big_Franck
29-04-2017, 07:57 AM
After his 4 goals last night he'll be away to an English Championship club in the summer i'd think. He's now the league's top scorer having scored 3 more goals than Dembele FFS. He'll now attract the kind of wage offers from England, even from shan wee teams, that will mean we can't compete.

Is It On....
29-04-2017, 05:15 PM

You may wish to add James McLean to your exception list.

Franck Stanton
29-04-2017, 06:16 PM
Now, I am in no way " in the know " but was told that we are def interested and have made opening bid in region of £300k for him. Don't know how reliable source was/is but that's what he said.

ancient hibee
29-04-2017, 06:31 PM
£300K for an international who is the top scorer in the top league while we turned down £1.7million for a young boy who hasn't scored in the top league.Think your source may be deluded.Even Hibs wouldn't try that.Particularly when Ross Cos owner is not short of the readies.

Ozyhibby
29-04-2017, 06:33 PM
£300K for an international who is the top scorer in the top league while we turned down £1.7million for a young boy who hasn't scored in the top league.Think your source may be deluded.Even Hibs wouldn't try that.Particularly when Ross Cos owner is not short of the readies.

Only a year left on his deal though. Makes a big difference to the price. And Cummings is 6 years younger with 71 goals to his name.

hfc rd
29-04-2017, 07:29 PM
Certainly will be a couple of clubs interested in him. Only a year left on his contract. Hope we do get him though.

bingo70
29-04-2017, 07:35 PM

That's the food chain though.

Celtic could demand more for a player than hibs could and by the same token we could get more for a player than the likes of Ross county could.

Rightly or wrongly nobody is going to pay £1m+ for a Ross county player.

In all likelihood the best way they could maximise their income from him would be to sell him to a club our size for a relatively modest fee and then get a decent sell on fee %

I think it was this logic that got us such a good deal for John McGinn.

OxoHibby
29-04-2017, 07:39 PM

Do without even trying you know we can't compete with the sheep and skint sevco?

offshorehibby
30-04-2017, 08:29 AM
That's the food chain though.

Celtic could demand more for a player than hibs could and by the same token we could get more for a player than the likes of Ross county could.

Rightly or wrongly nobody is going to pay £1m+ for a Ross county player.

In all likelihood the best way they could maximise their income from him would be to sell him to a club our size for a relatively modest fee and then get a decent sell on fee %

I think it was this logic that got us such a good deal for John McGinn.

I see that as the way we could get our hands on the likes of Boyce or/and Mallan.

Greenworld
30-04-2017, 08:38 AM
I see that as the way we could get our hands on the likes of Boyce or/and Mallan.
We also have players we may want rid off that could help reduce a fee

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The Leith Dutch
30-04-2017, 09:31 AM
Do without even trying you know we can't compete with the sheep and skint sevco?

Be interested in what the hierarchy in the SPL for next year if there's competition over a player that's going to stay in the league.....

Presumably everyone agrees that if Celtic want them they're going there barring the miraculous event of a player realising that getting well paid but not playing isn't a smart career choice.

Then we're basically talking Hibs, Aberdeen, Hearts and Sevco in some order.

IMO:
Sevco are probably bottom of that list if there's a transfer fee in the mix as I don't think they have a pot to piss in and King is looking at Caxinha to pluck cheap bargains from the foreign leagues.

I think we edge the yams (just) - financially we're broadly level (although we'd be ahead on possible transfer fees if Cummings and/or McGinn go). Where I think we edge it is having Lennon as the manager which I think would tip the scale to us over Cathro.

Aberdeen for me would probably win a transfer battle for an SPL player: can match the other teams on transfer and wages plus a good manager plus probably the clear 2nd placed team in the league.

I think it's interesting to look at Aberdeen and what types of player we may compete with them on.
Boyce for example (and I'm inclined to agree with others that he'll be off outside Scotland) - I think Aberdeen wouldn't go for him having already got Rooney on the books.

Either way, and interesting and crucial transfer window.

18Hibee75
30-04-2017, 09:54 AM
As much as I'd like this deal to happen, I don't think it will. I can see it being one of those situations where we are interested but never do anything about it then before we know it he's signed a deal with Aberdeen, hearts or Sevco.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

The Pointer
30-04-2017, 10:35 AM
I wonder what effect the possibility of Aberdeen constructing a new stadium will have on their playing budget? I don't know how such things are organised but presumably to keep them in their current status as No. 2 in the league, Stewart Milne will have a separate source of funding for the stadium and told MacInnes he'll have more or less the same as usual.