PDA

View Full Version : Sevco in Europe

Ozyhibby
28-04-2017, 07:50 PM
Looks like they have been awarded their license by the SFA to compete in Europe next season.
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/2017/280417CL%20current%20status.pdf
Tough luck Yams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
28-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Looks like they have been awarded their license by the SFA to compete in Europe next season.
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/2017/280417CL%20current%20status.pdf
Tough luck Yams.

Can someone post this on Yakback? That should have them foaming at the mouth...... :faf:

greenginger
28-04-2017, 08:10 PM
I see Inverness Caley were refused a license although their ratings were comparable with other clubs who were granted one. :confused:

Ozyhibby
28-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Can someone post this on Yakback? That should have them foaming at the mouth...... :faf:

Yams, like every other club in Scotland will turn a blind eye.

HoboHarry
28-04-2017, 08:19 PM
Yams, like every other club in Scotland will turn a blind eye.

That would be ridiculous even for them. If their fans accept that then hell mend them......

MrSmith
29-04-2017, 07:36 AM
How can it be granted given the lack of accounts and the FFP ruling?

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2017, 07:38 AM
How can it be granted given the lack of accounts and the FFP ruling?

Because they are 'The Rangers' :rolleyes:

ballengeich
29-04-2017, 07:39 AM
Does this mean that they'll definitely get Europa Cup entry, or is it just phase 1 of the process with UEFA carrying out a review of finances and other documentation when qualifying clubs are formally nominated?

In the past, UEFA have banned or imposed lesser punishments on teams which have qualified, which suggests to me that approval by the national association isn't the end of matter.

Ozyhibby
29-04-2017, 08:02 AM
Does this mean that they'll definitely get Europa Cup entry, or is it just phase 1 of the process with UEFA carrying out a review of finances and other documentation when qualifying clubs are formally nominated?

In the past, UEFA have banned or imposed lesser punishments on teams which have qualified, which suggests to me that approval by the national association isn't the end of matter.

Good explanation here.
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1374309-explained-will-rangers-need-approval-to-play-in-europe/

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2017, 08:03 AM

Imagine the seethe if UEFA blocked it :lolrangers:

ballengeich
29-04-2017, 08:05 AM
Good explanation here.
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1374309-explained-will-rangers-need-approval-to-play-in-europe/

Thanks - a good article. It looks like they'll be playing next season, but are likely to get a warning letter from UEFA about future financial conduct.

steakbake
29-04-2017, 10:23 AM
How Rangers got a Gold rating for a stadium with HSE improvement notices and a Silver rating for their unaudited accounts, I do not know.

Hearts got a Bronze rating for their accounts - which were audited.

Hunbelievable.

Pescarese
29-04-2017, 10:52 AM
I'm hoping this will all be of no interest to the yams. Partick Thistle for fifth spot, please !

hibbypostie
29-04-2017, 01:12 PM
who gets the Scottish cup spot?

Michael
29-04-2017, 01:14 PM

4th place assuming no one is kicked out of Europe.

calumhibee1
29-04-2017, 01:16 PM

2nd place gets the Scottish Cup Winners spot if the winners have already qualified for Europe by winning the league I'm sure.. Then all the other European spots filter down, with Aberdeen getting the cup winners spot, Rangers getting what would have been the second place spot had we won it again for example, and St Johnstone would then get the 3rd place spot. Basically the cup winners spot goes to second place and then all the European spots from the league filter down from there.

Eyrie
29-04-2017, 03:09 PM
2nd place gets the Scottish Cup Winners spot if the winners have already qualified for Europe by winning the league I'm sure.. Then all the other European spots filter down, with Aberdeen getting the cup winners spot, Rangers getting what would have been the second place spot had we won it again for example, and St Johnstone would then get the 3rd place spot. Basically the cup winners spot goes to second place and then all the European spots from the league filter down from there.

So Aberdeen have the cup winner's spot regardless of what happens. They either earn it by beating Celtc on the 27th, or else have it handed to them by finishing second in the league.

OxoHibby
29-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Imagine the seethe if UEFA blocked it :lolrangers:

I get that but imagine the embarrassment for Scotland

Joe6-2
29-04-2017, 07:17 PM
I get that but imagine the embarrassment for Scotland

Too late, they are already an embarrassment to Scotland, probably shame us some more if they are in Europe