PDA

View Full Version : Pubs in Melbourne

hibeg
28-04-2017, 04:46 PM
My son is in Melbourne for the next few weeks. Any recommended pubs with sat TV for him to catch up with the football.

Baader
29-04-2017, 11:49 PM
My son is in Melbourne for the next few weeks. Any recommended pubs with sat TV for him to catch up with the football.

Lived there for a while. Fantastic city. The Charles Dickens on Collins Street (bang in the city centre) shows games. There's a sizeable and active Hibs branch there who will be able to advise better though!

Forza Fred
30-04-2017, 12:16 AM
Lived there for a while. Fantastic city. The Charles Dickens on Collins Street (bang in the city centre) shows games. There's a sizeable and active Hibs branch there who will be able to advise better though!

The Dickens is where the Hibees around Melbourne generally meet for cup finals, derbies etc.

Mind you, they can be a riotous lot, who seem to have an un natural relationship with alcohol.

Sniff, Sniff.

If you are in Oz, just contact the Australian and New Zealand mob on Facebok for advice of future knees ups.

Austinho
30-04-2017, 02:15 AM
Welcome to the club mini Hibeg!

I'd be surprised if Charles Dickens will be showing any of the remaining Hibs games (normally reserved for big games) but they always show the EPL. Tell him to pay for Hibs TV so he can watch the St Mirren match.

Fuzzywuzzy
30-04-2017, 05:44 AM
Sure there's a hotel in Melbourne called the hibernian