PDA

View Full Version : Season Player Ratings

since90plustwo
28-04-2017, 02:27 PM
Rocky - 9 - Best keeper we have had in a long time. Veryrarely makes a mistake and has made a lot of great saves to keep usahead/in-game
Laidlaw - 6 -Done okay when called upon, couple mistakes but a very solid backup
SDG – 7 – Steady season, couple of iffy games but on thewhole been solid.
Forster – Done fine when called upon, unlucky withinjuries. Would like to see him more but unfortunate to have three of the bestcb’s at the club in years ahead of him.
McGregor – 9 – Solid as a rock. 100% every game rightlyour player of the season
Hanlon – 8 – Steady as ever without being spectacular –hopefully can stay injury free, hibs legend.
Fonts – 6 – Done okay, has games where i think he’s a classabove and others not so much. Average season for big fonts.
Efe – 8.5 – cool as you like. Great signing by Lennon.Would be interesting how we would line up if entire squad was fit.
Lewy – 8 – Very rarely has a bad game. Solid withoutbeing spectacular. Feel he gets better every year,
Bartley – 7 – Extremely effective in big games but feelhe isn’t as useful in games where we dominate the ball. I think the step upnext year will see him become increasingly more important.
SJM – 8 – Not been at his best enough for us this year attimes but our most influential player. When he’s on his game the rest of theteam play well
Fyvie – 6.5 –good start to the season but has fallen awayfrom his usual high standards. Hope next year he stays and proves to everyonehow good he is.
Dylan – 7 – Our most technically gifted player but injuriesare killing him. A year injury free would be amazing but he seems to never beable to maintain. When he is on his game he is in-valuable
Shinnie – 7 – Sometimes fantastic sometimes woeful. Extremelyinconsistent but nowhere near as bad as some make out on here. Wouldn’t mindseeing him here next year but not overly fussed.
Harris – 6 – Not been given a proper run but every timehe plays he never seems to inspire. I feel this could be his last year unless somethingchanges.
Boyle – 7.5 – great season for boyler. He offers ussomething completely different but at times his end product lacks. He can beproud of his contribution this year though.
Humphreys – 6 – Difficult to jdge. Really inconsistentbut feel he has another gear to go up. Would like him to be around next year tosee if he can recapture the form he had at well.
Martin – 7 – Played well whenver hes needed to but foundit hard to break into side. Big year next year for him.
Commons- 8 – Inspired signing by lennon. Done exactlywhat he needed to do in the short time he was here.
Holt – 7 – Would like to see more goals from him butagain another one for the big occasion.
Keatings – 7 – Scored some important goals for us, mostof them spectacular. Feel he needs to be doing more if hes here next year ashis goal return hasn’t been good enough this year.
Cummings – 9 – Goals win games. Hes single handedly firedus to the title without being at his best in alot of games. Need to keep a holdof him at all costs.
Graham - 6 –strange signing. Difficult to take to him as unsure what he brings but hescontibuted a few goals along the way.
Lennon – 7 – Hes got the job done but feel we have madehard work of it. Next year will be a big task for him to ensure we remain consistent.

RoslinInstHibby
28-04-2017, 02:56 PM
Rocky - 9 - Best keeper we have had in a long time. Veryrarely makes a mistake and has made a lot of great saves to keep usahead/in-game
Laidlaw - 6 -Done okay when called upon, couple mistakes but a very solid backup
SDG – 7 – Steady season, couple of iffy games but on thewhole been solid.
Forster – Done fine when called upon, unlucky withinjuries. Would like to see him more but unfortunate to have three of the bestcb’s at the club in years ahead of him.
McGregor – 9 – Solid as a rock. 100% every game rightlyour player of the season
Hanlon – 8 – Steady as ever without being spectacular –hopefully can stay injury free, hibs legend.
Fonts – 6 – Done okay, has games where i think he’s a classabove and others not so much. Average season for big fonts.
Efe – 8.5 – cool as you like. Great signing by Lennon.Would be interesting how we would line up if entire squad was fit.
Lewy – 8 – Very rarely has a bad game. Solid withoutbeing spectacular. Feel he gets better every year,
Bartley – 7 – Extremely effective in big games but feelhe isn’t as useful in games where we dominate the ball. I think the step upnext year will see him become increasingly more important.
SJM – 8 – Not been at his best enough for us this year attimes but our most influential player. When he’s on his game the rest of theteam play well
Fyvie – 6.5 –good start to the season but has fallen awayfrom his usual high standards. Hope next year he stays and proves to everyonehow good he is.
Dylan – 7 – Our most technically gifted player but injuriesare killing him. A year injury free would be amazing but he seems to never beable to maintain. When he is on his game he is in-valuable
Shinnie – 7 – Sometimes fantastic sometimes woeful. Extremelyinconsistent but nowhere near as bad as some make out on here. Wouldn’t mindseeing him here next year but not overly fussed.
Harris – 6 – Not been given a proper run but every timehe plays he never seems to inspire. I feel this could be his last year unless somethingchanges.
Boyle – 7.5 – great season for boyler. He offers ussomething completely different but at times his end product lacks. He can beproud of his contribution this year though.
Humphreys – 6 – Difficult to jdge. Really inconsistentbut feel he has another gear to go up. Would like him to be around next year tosee if he can recapture the form he had at well.
Martin – 7 – Played well whenver hes needed to but foundit hard to break into side. Big year next year for him.
Commons- 8 – Inspired signing by lennon. Done exactlywhat he needed to do in the short time he was here.
Holt – 7 – Would like to see more goals from him butagain another one for the big occasion.
Keatings – 7 – Scored some important goals for us, mostof them spectacular. Feel he needs to be doing more if hes here next year ashis goal return hasn’t been good enough this year.
Cummings – 9 – Goals win games. Hes single handedly firedus to the title without being at his best in alot of games. Need to keep a holdof him at all costs.
Graham - 6 –strange signing. Difficult to take to him as unsure what he brings but hescontibuted a few goals along the way.
Lennon – 7 – Hes got the job done but feel we have madehard work of it. Next year will be a big task for him to ensure we remain consistent.

for me, your scores for Holt & Boyle are low

RCNG
28-04-2017, 02:56 PM
since90plustwo - 5 - Needs a new space bar.

Elephant Stone
28-04-2017, 03:00 PM
8 for Bartley. Isn't as effective against defensive teams when we're trying to break them down but it's not his job to be. As a defensive midfielder he has been absolutely solid, with man of the match performances in some of our biggest games. Easily an 8 at least for me.

makaveli1875
28-04-2017, 04:11 PM
rocky - 8.5 - Best keeper weve had since Conrad Logan :greengrin
laidlaw - 7 - Good backup for Rocky , hasnt done alot wrng when called upon

Gray - 7 - Been pretty solid and reliable except for a couple of howlers
Hanlon - 8.5 - Was playing really well prior to injury , defence does not look as solid without him
Mcgregor - 8.5 - Has been awesome for majority of season , like gray a couple of howlers recently but those aside he's been a rock
Ambrose - 8 - Quality defender .... and that goal celebration :aok:
Fontaine - 6 - Havnt seen much of him this season
Stevenson - 8.5 - Id say this has been his best season in a long time , has barely put a foot wrong all year

Bartley - 8.5 - Easily our best midfielder this season , MOTM contender nearly every game he plays . Absolute rock
SJM - 7 - Hasnt been at his best but still turned in some great performances , especially in the bigger games . couple of nice goals too
Fyvie - 5 - 1 or 2 games aside he's been a huge dissapointment this season , at prem level i fear he's not going to cut it
shinnie - 7 - Blows hot and cold but has set up a few vital goals and had a few good games recently
Mcgeough - 7 - No doubt the guy has talent , just a pity he's always injured
Boyle - 8 - Has improved alot this season , scored a few and a few assists just needs to work on his crossing

Holt - 7.5 - Has been great for cummings this season and added a physical edge that we lacked for a good while
cummings - 9 - his goals have been vital to our league win and his all round play has improved
keatings - 7 - Hasnt had a decent run in the team but has pitched in with few important goals
graham - 6 - Another who hasnt had a run in the team , has goals in him but not the sort of player we need

Lenny - 8 - Has made us much harder to beat , has mastered houston and got us out of this ****ty league . Too many draws but got the job done .

Hibstrooper
28-04-2017, 04:12 PM
Looking at those who have played regularly enough:

Marciano 8
Laidlaw 7

Gray 7
McGregor 9
Hanlon 8
Stevenson 8
Forster 6
Fontaine 6.5
Ambrose 8

Bartley 8
McGinn 8
Fyvie 6.5
McGeouch 7
Boyle 7.5
Shinnie 7
Commons 8

Cummings 8
Holt 7
Keatings 7
Graham 5

I've probably missed a few by doing it quickly however they are some instinctive scores

bigwheel
28-04-2017, 04:29 PM
Here is mine...

Marciano 8
Laidlaw 6

Gray 7
McGregor 9
Hanlon 8
Stevenson 8
Forster 4
Fontaine 5
Ambrose 8

Bartley 6
McGinn 8
Fyvie 7
McGeouch 7
Boyle 6.5
Shinnie 7
Commons not enough games

Cummings 8
Holt 7
Keatings 6
Graham - didn't get enough game time to really judge

Highland_Hibee
28-04-2017, 04:50 PM
Thinking to players key contributions when it has really mattered. Gone for out of 5 stars ratings.

Marciano 5/5
Laidlaw 3/5

McGregor 5/5
Hanlon 4/5
Ambrose 5/5
Stevenson 3/5
Gray 3/5

Bartley 4/5
McGinn 5/5
McGeough 3/5
Fyvie 4/5

Shinnie 4/5
Boyle 4/5
Commons 5/5

Cummings 5/5
Holt 4/5
Keatings 4/5
Graham 3/5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
28-04-2017, 05:01 PM
Bit surprised at some of the marks for SJM, personally I think he has been a shade disappointing in comparison to last season. Different sort of player entirely but I thnink Marv has been our best and most consistent performer in midfield.

HibsNutter
28-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Marciano 9 - Great goalie, sign him up as priority.
Laidlaw 7 - adequate back up.

Gray 8 - Leader.
McGregor 9 - POTY.
Hanlon 8 - Solid as ever.
Stevenson 9 - Extremely consistent, Mr Reliable.
Forster 5 - Not really a fan, poor positionally at times.
Fontaine 6 - Steady enough.
Ambrose 8 - Strolled it, wish we got him in sooner.

Bartley 7 - Big game player, will have a big part to play next year.
McGinn 8 - Hot and cold at times but flashes of brilliance. Looked a lot better since the operation.
Fyvie 6 - Like him but had a poor season imo, unsure whether or not he'll be here next year.
McGeouch 7 - When he's contributed he's done well, really want to see more of him. Very frustrating.
Boyle 6 - A pest for defenders but rarely delivers a quality final ball.
Shinnie 7 - Come on a fair bit in the last few months, Lennon rightly rates him more than some on here.

Cummings 9 - Where would we be without him? Goals have been priceless when other strikers have more often than not failed to deliver.
Holt 7 - I like him but needs to chip in with more goals, think he'll go into coaching next year.
Keatings 6 - Wonder goal against Falkirk was a big moment but failed to deliver when given a start most of the time, performed against Raith under no pressure. Impact player if he stays.
Graham 4 - Simply need better.

Pretty Boy
28-04-2017, 05:21 PM
Bit surprised at some of the marks for SJM, personally I think he has been a shade disappointing in comparison to last season. Different sort of player entirely but I thnink Marv has been our best and most consistent performer in midfield.

I've said as much elsewhere.

If McGinn is going to command a serious fee in the summer then he'll have to find far more consistency than he has shown at Hibs this season. He should have been grabbing games in this league by the scruff of the neck and he's failed to do that. He gets away with that at Hibs because he's John McGinn, if he moves on to the English Championship or Celtic he'll be far more harshly judged.

I'd argue both him and Fyvie have been slightly disappointing this season.

we are hibs
28-04-2017, 05:45 PM
Marciano 8
laidlaw 6

Gray 6
hanlon 7
mcgregor 9
ambrose 8
forster 6
stevenson 7

boyle 7
mcginn 7
mcgeouch 6.5
bartley 7
fyvie 5
Shinnie 5.5

cummings 8
keatings 7
holt 7
graham 4

jacomo
28-04-2017, 05:50 PM
Thinking to players key contributions when it has really mattered. Gone for out of 5 stars ratings.

There's folk here using 10 point scales plus half marks!

I bet Cathro scores players out of 10,000 so that he can factor in all the parameters and situations.

HFCdeb
28-04-2017, 05:51 PM
Marciano 9 - Great goalie, sign him up as priority.
Laidlaw 7 - adequate back up.

Gray 8 - Leader.
McGregor 9 - POTY.
Hanlon 8 - Solid as ever.
Stevenson 9 - Extremely consistent, Mr Reliable.
Forster 5 - Not really a fan, poor positionally at times.
Fontaine 6 - Steady enough.
Ambrose 8 - Strolled it, wish we got him in sooner.

Bartley 7 - Big game player, will have a big part to play next year.
McGinn 8 - Hot and cold at times but flashes of brilliance. Looked a lot better since the operation.
Fyvie 6 - Like him but had a poor season imo, unsure whether or not he'll be here next year.
McGeouch 7 - When he's contributed he's done well, really want to see more of him. Very frustrating.
Boyle 6 - A pest for defenders but rarely delivers a quality final ball.
Shinnie 7 - Come on a fair bit in the last few months, Lennon rightly rates him more than some on here.

Cummings 9 - Where would we be without him? Goals have been priceless when other strikers have more often than not failed to deliver.
Holt 7 - I like him but needs to chip in with more goals, think he'll go into coaching next year.
Keatings 6 - Wonder goal against Falkirk was a big moment but failed to deliver when given a start most of the time, performed against Raith under no pressure. Impact player if he stays.
Graham 4 - Simply need better.

Agree with all of this but would give Holt an 8 for being such a pest for defenders, his goal against Hearts and for changing the game against Aberdeen.

jacomo
28-04-2017, 05:53 PM
I've said as much elsewhere.

If McGinn is going to command a serious fee in the summer then he'll have to find far more consistency than he has shown at Hibs this season. He should have been grabbing games in this league by the scruff of the neck and he's failed to do that. He gets away with that at Hibs because he's John McGinn, if he moves on to the English Championship or Celtic he'll be far more harshly judged.

I'd argue both him and Fyvie have been slightly disappointing this season.

I think they've both been disappointing. That's a back handed compliment btw as I think both are capable of better.