PDA

View Full Version : My job at a hibs is done a wee bit..

IanM
27-04-2017, 04:57 PM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1386959-hibs-duo-happy-at-club-but-will-decide-on-futures-soon/

I don't think anyone would grudge either moving on to bigger and better (hopefully not moving west!) just hope we do this sooner rather than later if it's going to to transpire

lucky
27-04-2017, 05:02 PM
He also said ""If I could I would be at Hibs my whole life but it's not like that," he said"

Earlydelivery
27-04-2017, 05:10 PM
My time is nearly up at hibs 😩

corby hibee
27-04-2017, 05:11 PM
You can't blame them both to wanting to move to bigger clubs but rest assure both will not be heading west, most likely down south.

RoxburghHibs
27-04-2017, 05:13 PM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1386959-hibs-duo-happy-at-club-but-will-decide-on-futures-soon/

I don't think anyone would grudge either moving on to bigger and better (hopefully not moving west!) just hope we do this sooner rather than later if it's going to to transpire

fixed the link for you

PeeKay
27-04-2017, 05:14 PM
Jason in particular sounded a bit evasive. But both said they are under contract to Hibs and any moves away from the club are out of their hands. It's the old football cliché "never say never" I suppose.

makaveli1875
27-04-2017, 05:14 PM
Think cummings could well be off but hopefully we get another year from SJM

Greentinted
27-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Can I be the first to say "OP's link isnae workin"...
Ahh that's better, always wanted to say that on here...

corby hibee
27-04-2017, 05:15 PM
I guess we all knew this would happen come the end so of the season a d during the summer but both are under contract and we could make a fair bit for both players.

corby hibee
27-04-2017, 05:17 PM
Think cummings could well be off but hopefully we get another year from SJM

I hope lennon can convince both to stay at least one more season.

Ozyhibby
27-04-2017, 05:17 PM
Both will be hoping for big moves this summer. Doesn't mean it will happen though. Hibs will know that Jason's value will keep rising if he keeps scoring. No rush to sell him. McGinn slightly different as they wont want to let his contract get down to 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlydelivery
27-04-2017, 05:20 PM
My time is nearly up at hibs 😩

PeterboroHibee
27-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Theres not much either player can say beyond that - they would both be happy staying, but if the right offer came in for them and the club, they will be off. In saying that, I dont think either player is particularly ready to move, and could use at least use another season with us at a higher level.

Elephant Stone
27-04-2017, 05:23 PM
What do we reckon their values would be this summer? 2m each?

Hibs90
27-04-2017, 05:25 PM
John is staying according to what he was telling people himself after the promotion game.

To lose one would be crap but to lose both of them would be a major kick in the nuts for me. I guess it would feel better if they don't stay in Scotland.

Nicho87
27-04-2017, 05:29 PM
2.5 cummings
2.75 mcginn

Unseen work
27-04-2017, 05:33 PM
I think both will be off in the summer unfortunately.

Sammy7nil
27-04-2017, 05:34 PM
2.5 cummings
2.75 mcginn

Ha Ha if Hibs get £5+ for them both i will be amazed. But lets see.

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2017, 05:37 PM
Has McGinn played well enough this season to expect a move? IMO he hasn't.

27-04-2017, 05:39 PM
If I was Jason, I would stay at least another year at hibs and have a crack at playing week in week out in the premiership. He's a good goalscorer but he's only played at championship level. Yes I know he's scored in cup games against hearts, Abderdeen, Rangers etc who are all premier league clubs but they are just one off games, he's yet to prove he can consistently good against better opposition.

FWIW I think he is good enough to play at that level but even still, he's yet to actually prove it. As good a goalscorer as JC is and his goals have been so vital for us, he's still got a lot of developing and learning to do and I believe his best chance to do that is at hibs. If I was Lennon i'd be saying to him, listen stay at least another year, get the goals, prove you can cut it at a higher level, develop your game then at the end of the season weigh up your options, because more clubs will come knocking if you have a good year in the premiership.

I just don't want JC to be yet another young player who jumps ship too early the moment a decent move comes knocking and ends up damaging his career/development by warming a bench somewhere. At hibs he can get first team football week in, week out and get himself noticed. End of the day he's still only 20, he's still young, it's not like he's much older and time is running out for him getting a big move. I just don't want him ending up like Riordan etc and making the wrong move and wasting such a great talent. Make the right choices, keep his feet on the ground, work hard and he'll have a very successfull career IMO.

greenlex
27-04-2017, 05:40 PM
If I was either of them and the right offer came in I'd be off.

Ronniekirk
27-04-2017, 05:40 PM
John is staying according to what he was telling people himself after the promotion game.

To lose one would be crap but to lose both of them would be a major kick in the nuts for me. I guess it would feel better if they don't stay in Scotland.

I cant see Hibs agreeing to them both going in the same window unless the offers were so lucrative that Lennon could then get in replacements that he was happy with
We are talking about Strengthening and being second best footballing team in Scotland Lennon is upbeat and we are still on a Scottish Cup High despite losing at the weekend
If ever their was a time to invest in the Team this is it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elephant Stone
27-04-2017, 05:41 PM
I think both will be off in the summer unfortunately.

It will be sad to see them go but if the money was re-invested then we will be alright, probably even better.

Hopefully they stay, though.

Craig_HFC
27-04-2017, 05:41 PM
If I was Jason, I would stay at least another year at hibs and have a crack at playing week in week out in the premiership. He's a good goalscorer but he's only played at championship level. Yes I know he's scored in cup games against hearts, Abderdeen, Rangers etc who are all premier league clubs but they are just one off games, he's yet to prove he can consistently good against better opposition.

FWIW I think he is good enough to play at that level but even still, he's yet to actually prove it. As good a goalscorer as JC is and his goals have been so vital for us, he's still got a lot of developing and learning to do and I believe his best chance to do that is at hibs. If I was Lennon i'd be saying to him, listen stay at least another year, get the goals, prove you can cut it at a higher level, develop your game then at the end of the season weigh up your options, because more clubs will come knocking if you have a good year in the premiership.

I just don't want JC to be yet another young player who jumps ship too early the moment a decent move comes knocking and ends up damaging his career/development by warming a bench somewhere. At hibs he can get first team football week in, week out and get himself noticed. End of the day he's still only 20, he's still young, it's not like he's much older and time is running out for him getting a big move. I just don't want him ending up like Riordan etc and making the wrong move and wasting such a great talent. Make the right choices, keep his feet on the ground, work hard and he'll have a very successfull career IMO.

I agree with this 100% however I think Jase will be off, unfortunately.

McGinn is the more likely of the 2 to stay for next season imo.

Pete
27-04-2017, 05:42 PM
Two legends who have earned the right to do what they like. No hard feelings no matter where they go.

I have a feeling they'll both be here next year though.

Sir David Gray
27-04-2017, 05:43 PM
Cummings' comments suggest he feels he's gone as far as he can in his career with us which is disappointing. He's still to prove himself consistently at Premiership level.

I feel he would benefit from a full season in the top league as the last time we were up there he was just making his debut. If he scores a lot next season then he could go next summer for a serious amount.

I also feel McGinn's in the same boat.

OsloHibs
27-04-2017, 05:46 PM
We all knew they'd most likely be going. I just hope they go to England, although I can't see that happening sadly.
All the best when they're off ski from me.

MikeyS
27-04-2017, 05:49 PM
Has McGinn played well enough this season to expect a move? IMO he hasn't.

Got to agree with that. Dunno what has been the cause of it with John this season but he's not reached the levels we saw last year.

As for Cummings, we can't grudge him a move away as without his goals I dread to think where we'd be but I feel it's still too early for him.

Another year scoring here could be a big difference to how his career pans out. In my opinion and at this particular moment, he's not good enough to go play and score regularly in the English Championship.

If if he leaves, he'll be back up the road on loan within a year.

SMAXXA
27-04-2017, 05:50 PM

Why is that so unrealistic both excellent young players with a couple of years left on their contract if we let either go for less than 2m I'd be very very surprised especially given some of the money other players are quoted to be worth ahem Barry McKay

WoreTheGreen
27-04-2017, 05:51 PM
Maybe we can hava a mega cake sale to up their wages

Heisenberg
27-04-2017, 05:52 PM
We all knew they'd most likely be going. I just hope they go to England, although I can't see that happening sadly.
All the best when they're off ski from me.

Celtc are the only Scottish side that could afford either of them and I can't see them being interested.

makaveli1875
27-04-2017, 05:55 PM
Celtc are the only Scottish side that could afford either of them and I can't see them being interested.

rodgers seems to like mcginn , whether he wants to sign him is another matter but i wouldnt rule it out .

s.a.m
27-04-2017, 05:59 PM
Got to agree with that. Dunno what has been the cause of it with John this season but he's not reached the levels we saw last year.

As for Cummings, we can't grudge him a move away as without his goals I dread to think where we'd be but I feel it's still too early for him.

Another year scoring here could be a big difference to how his career pans out. In my opinion and at this particular moment, he's not good enough to go play and score regularly in the English Championship.

If if he leaves, he'll be back up the road on loan within a year.

He spent the first part of the season needing surgery, then he got surgery, then he had to recover from surgery and get fit again. It's been a stop/start season for him, and it's probably not fair to judge him on it.

Johnny_Leith
27-04-2017, 05:59 PM
Oddly enough, without playing in the premiership for Hibs (Cummings has half a season under his belt with no goals) i think both have proven themselves as good players and don't need to prove themselves in the top league.

Both players, i would imagine, will move on for large fees and sell on clauses. How we replace them will probably define our premiership return, it'll be harder to replace JCs goals but i have faith the club will bring in quality replacements.

Both players are legends and if they want to move on, good luck.

PiemanP
27-04-2017, 06:00 PM
I don't think either of them are good enough for Celtic currently. Celtic will want to be buying the finished article in order to progress in the champions league, neither McGinn or Cummings are that.

Tamhere1875
27-04-2017, 06:01 PM
We will get another season out of both players and if they show the form they have shown over the last couple of seasons they will be offski hopefully down south and not along the M8

Enough said
27-04-2017, 06:01 PM
Maybe club are happy to sell them for there valuation and lenny build a bigger squad?

HibsNutter
27-04-2017, 06:02 PM
Hibs risk ruining the feel good factor that we've worked so hard to bring back over the last couple of years if we don't handle this in the right way. The £4m being quoted for the two of them will in no way make up for losing these two.

Betty Boop
27-04-2017, 06:03 PM

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/04/19/celtic-should-sweeten-john-mcginn-deal-by-offering-hibernian-gar/

SirDavidsNapper
27-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Inevitable they are going at some point. We'll get top dollar. I'd wish them all the best.

H18 SFR
27-04-2017, 06:09 PM
See if they were both sold, after St Mirren and the players got their cut, donyou think the full remaining balance would go to Lennon for players?

WoreTheGreen
27-04-2017, 06:12 PM
Two top guy's cup winners but far from the finished article but if the valuation is right good luck to them both

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2017, 06:15 PM
hibs should do a deal with st.mirren, ask them to drop this 30% sell-on clause to 10% and we will allow them a point on the last day to keep them up :)

just an idea likes

wookie70
27-04-2017, 06:19 PM
Is Cummings comment not to do with what he was saying about making amends for missing the pen in the Hamilton play off game. Both been very good players but they will leave at some point. As long as the money is reinvested in the playing side then I'll be happy enough. I think Jason will be far harder to replace. Very few players capable of scoring 20+ goals year after year in low scoring teams. Unrealistic I know but Fraser Murray looks like the perfect player to complement a Fyvie or Bartley.

J-C
27-04-2017, 06:21 PM
We all know really good young players at Hibs will eventually move on for more money and bigger leagues, it's how we use the monies brought in, buy sensibly. Hibs will always be here , players and managers come and go.

Big L
27-04-2017, 06:23 PM
McGinn & Cummings have got 2yrs & 3yrs respectively left on their contract, imo they've got a cheek talking about leaving at the end of the season. I can't see that much of a rush for either, McGinns not been that great this year and apart from goals against Dun Utd and the yams JC 's form since the start of the year has been well below par. I think the two of them need a reality check! If JMCG does go, I hope he goes to Celtic because we might get some quality players in return. If they sell him down south, I don't think Hibs will spend the money.

where'stheslope
27-04-2017, 06:27 PM
This is when Neil Lennon must do his job, talk both into staying and make the club stronger with them in it!

If we lose them, we can replace them but it may not be instant results of them playing, and in the Premiership we will need a team ready to go from game one not 5 or 6 games in!!!

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2017, 06:28 PM
Hibs risk ruining the feel good factor that we've worked so hard to bring back over the last couple of years if we don't handle this in the right way. The £4m being quoted for the two of them will in no way make up for losing these two.

Hibs risk the feel good factor if they keep 2 unhappy players. Hibs have built the feel good factor, it has to withstand players leaving because that is what players do, leave.

Heisenberg
27-04-2017, 06:30 PM
McGinn & Cummings have got 2yrs & 3yrs respectively left on their contract, imo they've got a cheek talking about leaving at the end of the season. I can't see that much of a rush for either, McGinns not been that great this year and apart from goals against Dun Utd and the yams JC 's form has been well below par. I think the two of them need a reality check! If JMCG does go, I hope he goes to Celtic because we might get some quality players in return. If they sell him down south, I don't think Hibs will spend the money.

Hibs will have to spend some of the money if we sell both. Imagine the uproar if we didn't. Even free transfers we'd need to spend a decent bit of cash to get good players in as replacements.

Peevemor
27-04-2017, 06:33 PM
It's interesting that everyone fully understands the players' positions, but Colin Calderwood gets massacred on here for saying essentially the same thing when there was interest in him.

Sammy7nil
27-04-2017, 06:33 PM
Hibs risk the feel good factor if they keep 2 unhappy players. Hibs have built the feel good factor, it has to withstand players leaving because that is what players do, leave.

The risk is losing two of the fans favs and replacing them with flops then the feel good factor will definitely be lost.

Johnny_Leith
27-04-2017, 06:45 PM
It's interesting that everyone fully understands the players' positions, but Colin Calderwood gets massacred on here for saying essentially the same thing when there was interest in him.

Both players have put everything into Hibs and have performed to a high level and gotten us results, the exact opposite could be said of Colin Calderwood

corby hibee
27-04-2017, 06:46 PM

Indeed, cash and Griffiths for Cummings and they can have him.

Both payers said there happy at the club, Jason's comments about his time is almost up could mean one more season. I think it will be down to Lennon and the board if they feel the offers they do(if they do) receive are in Hibs best interest and as a poster said Hibs will always be here with or with out these players, we having good youngsters coming through as to replace players leaving.

hibbysam
27-04-2017, 06:48 PM
If both leave this summer and we get less than £4m then I'd be willing to drive both Leeann and Rod down the road with them. Minimum for both should be £3m each and that is a starting price. The potential of both is absolutely huge and it's scary what clubs now pay for potential. £6m, get. £3m back into the squad and the other £3m into the reserves for future transfer windows. Unless, of course, we keep them which would be absolutely huge business for the club.

Sammy7nil
27-04-2017, 06:49 PM

Coco had been at the club two minutes delivering nowt other than one win at Ibrox no comparrison

Sammy7nil
27-04-2017, 06:52 PM
If both leave this summer and we get less than £4m then I'd be willing to drive both Leeann and Rod down the road with them. Minimum for both should be £3m each and that is a starting price. The potential of both is absolutely huge and it's scary what clubs now pay for potential. £6m, get. £3m back into the squad and the other £3m into the reserves for future transfer windows. Unless, of course, we keep them which would be absolutely huge business for the club.

Why do people think we will get these sums for unproven potential Neither has set the lower league on fire let alone 2 or 3 steps above that.

Heisenberg
27-04-2017, 06:54 PM
Why do people think we will get these sums for unproven potential Neither has set the lower league on fire let alone 2 or 3 steps above that.

Lewis Mcleod left the Huns for over a million quid and he'd only played a handful of championship games at the time.

McGinn is a Scottish International with two major cup honours and a league championship to his name.

Cummings has scored 20+ goals in each of the past three seasons and has one major cup honour to his name and a league championship.

The figures being discussed seem fair enough to me.

silverhibee
27-04-2017, 06:54 PM
rodgers seems to like mcginn , whether he wants to sign him is another matter but i wouldnt rule it out .

Yip.

Rogers has been full of praise when he has spoke about McGinn, but McGinn has went of the boil a good bit this season, hate to say it but I'm surprised he has been getting call ups for the Scotland squads, has he done enough to get a move to them or down South, I don't think so.

As for Jason, folk saying he should test himself in the Premiership before he leaves as he has not proved himself for a full season in Scotlands top flight, what if he has a poor season, gets injured, think it would be safe to say that Jason will head South this summer, he can test himself in England in more than likely the Championship down there on bigger wages at a better level, I doubt Jason will be bought as a back up player, whoever signs him he will be given games to prove himself by his new club/manager and hopefully he takes the chance, he still has a lot to learn as a striker, but playing in a team with better experienced players around him should help him.

lord bunberry
27-04-2017, 06:59 PM
Because we've already turned down a large bid for Cummings.

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2017, 07:00 PM
Indeed, cash and Griffiths for Cummings and they can have him.

Both payers said there happy at the club, Jason's comments about his time is almost up could mean one more season. I think it will be down to Lennon and the board if they feel the offers they do(if they do) receive are in Hibs best interest and as a poster said Hibs will always be here with or with out these players, we having good youngsters coming through as to replace players leaving.

:faf: come on mate, Griffiths is significantly better than Cummings. McGinn, Cummings and 500k for Griffiths would still be a bargain for Hibs.

corby hibee
27-04-2017, 07:05 PM
:faf: come on mate, Griffiths is significantly better than Cummings. McGinn, Cummings and 500k for Griffiths would still be a bargain for Hibs.

1 million, Griffiths and Hendo and celtic can have them both.

Sammy7nil
27-04-2017, 07:07 PM
Because we've already turned down a large bid for Cummings.

Was thatt before or after he was dropped for several weeks? I hope i am wrong but i cant see £3 million for either

ancient hibee
27-04-2017, 07:08 PM
Both players will know that a good d season in the "top"league will arouse more interest down south in the Championship.If they don't know that their agents will soon tell them.They need to,do something against the OF for English clubs to think they're any good.In my opinion Cummings is too easily knocked off the ball and will need to step up his physical side considerably to get a decent move.The Championship doesn't matter a toss outside Scotland,rightly so the standard is abysmal.

Eyrie
27-04-2017, 07:13 PM
I'm relaxed about both players leaving because I know that it will happen if they continue to play well for us, and if they don't play well for us then we have a bigger problem because our team will be struggling.

The key for me is to get the right fees and preferably to only sell one this year and then the other next year. If we get good fees for each of them (£2.5m Cummings, £3m McGinn would be my minimum to even take the phone call) then we can't complain about the sale.

The tricky part will be signing the correct replacements and not blowing the money on duds.

KinchHibee
27-04-2017, 07:17 PM
Will be sorry to see each of them go when they do. Been hoping we would get another year out of each of them but I reckon we will do well to hold on to one of them never mind both.

Nice to see two players being honest about what the future might hold.

Big L
27-04-2017, 07:21 PM
You have to believe that Rodgers will sign another striker. That could make Griff surplus to req's. We could maybe get him on loan for a season, sign Hendo and get some cash in a deal for McGinn.

jacomo
27-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Let's hope both stay for another season. Hibs are in a strong position contract wise so no need to panic.

ancient hibee
27-04-2017, 07:24 PM
You have to believe that Rodgers will sign another striker. That could make Griff surplus to req's. We could maybe get him on loan for a season, sign Hendo and get some cash in a deal for McGinn.
Fantasyland.

Vault Boy
27-04-2017, 07:29 PM
Sounds very A-B-C to be honest. If the club receives a great offer, we will accept it and they will likely leave - if no one comes in with what we or the players want, they'll both be here. Before summer has even started it's pretty impossible for any player to say they'll still be here, just how football works. Hope we at least keep Jason for another year, slightly harder to replace IMO.

Will be very sad to see either one go, Hibernian legends.

J-C
27-04-2017, 07:30 PM
McGinn told me personally he has no interest going to Celtic, he sees a bigger challenge going South, maybe the Championship but eventually the EPL.

hibby6270
27-04-2017, 07:42 PM

Deal or No Deal?

DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:agree::thumbsup::aok:

mjhibby
27-04-2017, 07:45 PM
Theres not much either player can say beyond that - they would both be happy staying, but if the right offer came in for them and the club, they will be off. In saying that, I dont think either player is particularly ready to move, and could use at least use another season with us at a higher level.

It's inevitable that the Scottish press will spend the whole close season trying to unsettle sjm and jc. It was always going to happen. From their answers sjm has his head screwed on and knows that he will be at hibs next season at least but knows that next summer a move could happen. It will take a huge bid of £3m plus for hibs to sell and I doubt that will happen. Jason seems to be speaking from a carefully prepared script no doubt from his agent. As with sjm it will take a bid of £3m plus for him to go before this season something I don't see happening. I think they will both be here for next season but next summer will be different. As long as we are planning for this I don't see a problem. the press have 6 weeks to fill the back pages so with hibs coming up the speculation surrounding our players will intensify. I'm sure Neil Lennon knows what's coming. We've no excuses for not getting the best available squad in place for next season with the league wrapped up. Cue endless speculation about players we are after.

mjhibby
27-04-2017, 07:49 PM
McGinn told me personally he has no interest going to Celtic, he sees a bigger challenge going South, maybe the Championship but eventually the EPL.

He told me how wants to prove himself in the spl then we shall see. He will be the first to admit that he hasn't been as good this season as last but with time for him to be 100% after his op then I think we will see the player of last season. Unfortunately if we do it could well see him sold next summer.

CRAZYHIBBY
27-04-2017, 07:52 PM
If they go they go

.Sean.
27-04-2017, 07:59 PM
I'll be gutted when both move on and as they've both alluded to that day will be sooner rather than later. Gut feeling is we'll get another season out of both of them though. McGinn, although the better player, I must admit I'll be more sorry to see Cummings go if that makes sense as his goals will be harder to replace.

Both legends but be that as it may we've sold better players in the past and we're still here. They will both need properly replaced though and thankfully when the time comes I'm sure they will be as the club at boardroom level will have learned from past mistakes of replacing quality with dross and hoping for the best.

JimBHibees
27-04-2017, 08:01 PM

I would be wary about believing what players say to fans.

Billy Whizz
27-04-2017, 08:04 PM
Any idea why both of these interviews have been released today?

Lago
27-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Two legends who have earned the right to do what they like. No hard feelings no matter where they go.

I have a feeling they'll both be here next year though.
At the end of the day its their job and they will go where the best offer is salary wise.

Heisenberg
27-04-2017, 08:13 PM
Any idea why both of these interviews have been released today?

I'm guessing it's because the PFA player of the year nominations were announced.

The Leith Dutch
27-04-2017, 08:15 PM

I sort of disagree with that as it's all about the bit in bold.

Whatever money we get for them - and I'd be surprised if we let them go for as little as £4m - is far, far less relevant in the feel good factor than what we do with that money and the transfer window in general.

Now the following is not a serious suggestion so no need to point out "we'd never get so and so" as I'm just using it as an example but -
If we signed Boyce and May up front Gary McKay Steven, Scott Allan (pretend he never made an erse of himself and was going to play like he played for us in 2014/15) and Stevie Mallan I'm pretty certain we'd have a great feelgood factor even if Cummings and McGinn left.

I'd also suggest that if Danny Swanson plus some back up players like Graham and McLean were all we see in the transfer window then the feelgood factor would suffer even if we keep Cummings and McGinn.

Seriously doubt it'll be as good as the former or as bad as the latter but Cummings and McGinn are only a part of the picture.

The one thing I do hope is that if they are going - and I'd prefer they didn't - that we get the business done early so that the money can be used and used wisely as one thing you're bang on about is that money in the bank isn't going to excite folks or score any goals ;)

HFC_NYC
27-04-2017, 08:17 PM
Here's an issue, which may have not been discussed yet. Let's assume that both players are sold for a combined 5 million, where every penny is then used to find replacements, the problem is this, SJM and Cummings are both employed by Hibs within the current wage structure, which effectively means that we have a couple of 2.5 million pound players who are earning something like 2 grand a week. Even with 5 million to spend on replacements, it will be impossible to get adequate replacements who are willing to agree to the earnings that Hibs are prepared to offer. I realize that a sign on fee will come into play, but I just feel that we're not going to be able to replace these two important players within the confines of our wage structure.

StevieCowan
27-04-2017, 08:22 PM
Here's an issue, which may have not been discussed yet. Let's assume that both players are sold for a combined 5 million, where every penny is then used to find replacements, the problem is this, SJM and Cummings are both employed by Hibs within the current wage structure, which effectively means that we have a couple of 2.5 million pound players who are earning something like 2 grand a week. Even with 5 million to spend on replacements, it will be impossible to get adequate replacements who are willing to agree to the earnings that Hibs are prepared to offer. I realize that a sign on fee will come into play, but I just feel that we're not going to be able to replace these two important players within the confines of our wage structure.

Remind me of how we managed to sign McGinn again?

Dashing Bob S
27-04-2017, 08:25 PM
Fantasyland.

I think so. Whatever Celtic do, and he probably is finished there, he would command a fee and wage way in excess of what Hibs could afford.

HFC_NYC
27-04-2017, 08:27 PM
You make a valid point, and I don't want to suggest we got lucky with McGinn, but if we lose both him and Cummings in the same window, we must make at least one marquee signing to keep the fans onside, but this could be a problem with our wage structure.

edwards
27-04-2017, 08:28 PM

I will be dissapointed to see both of them go but if they do I can only thank them for staying and helping us win the scottish cup and take us back to the top flight.

I really feel we should be looking at 2.5 million for Cummings and a good bit more for Mcginn feel there could be a bidding contest for him and bigger clubs will be interested.

Again guys all the best whatever you choose to do all the best for the future.

hibbysam
27-04-2017, 08:32 PM

Unproven? One has scored over 20 goals for three straight seasons including many against clubs currently situated in our top league. The other has been man of the match in an international game, won two trophies, already played in that league, and is still in his early 20's. Big clubs pay for potential. Potential is just that. With the billions kicking about down in England, if a club wants a player, they have to pay for him.

The Leith Dutch
27-04-2017, 08:35 PM
I think so. Whatever Celtic do, and he probably is finished there, he would command a fee and wage way in excess of what Hibs could afford.

I think the fee may be do-able with the money we would probably get *if* McGinn or Cummings went.
The wages however do make it pure fantasyland.

Which is a shame as he's up there with my favourite players I've seen at ER.
The sheer power in his shots was an order of magnitude more than pretty much everyone else.

Watching him line up a free kick from miles away and leaning forward excitedly as he smashed it.
Happy memories :)

biscuitersed75
27-04-2017, 08:37 PM
They will both be away. Key will be who we get in, particularly a 20+ goalscorer.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

eastmainsmsh
27-04-2017, 08:38 PM
If jc and sjm do go I'd love either scott Allan Gary Mackay Steven or Liam Henderson and big cillian Sheridan or Liam Boyce with us retaining keatings and big Holt and signing lee Griffiths lol

J-C
27-04-2017, 08:43 PM
I would be wary about believing what players say to fans.

John was very honest when we spoke, mentioned the difference between Stubbs and Lennon, how he fancied a crack at the SPL and sees England as his next move for the challenge. It'll all come out in the wash eventually.

The Leith Dutch
27-04-2017, 08:50 PM
Unproven? One has scored over 20 goals for three straight seasons including many against clubs currently situated in our top league. The other has been man of the match in an international game, won two trophies, already played in that league, and is still in his early 20's. Big clubs pay for potential. Potential is just that. With the billions kicking about down in England, if a club wants a player, they have to pay for him.

Also in Cummings case - we allegedly turned down £1.7 million last season.
He's a better all round player this year, is in a team in a higher league and we have less need to sell.
Not unreasonable to value those three things at an extra million at least.

And there's also the silly money as you say -
Current League One transfer record: John Brayford, a right back for Sheffield United at £2 million signed from Cardiff at 28 years old.
Cummings is significantly younger, plays in a more valuable position financially and would likely have a good shot at a Championship club.

I'd say the valuations being bandied about on here are in the right ball park.

mca
27-04-2017, 08:52 PM
John was very honest when we spoke, mentioned the difference between Stubbs and Lennon, how he fancied a crack at the SPL and sees England as his next move for the challenge. It'll all come out in the wash eventually.

He Knows Fine he would probably be an English Bench warmer... I Hope he stays for his own sake..

SquashedFrogg
27-04-2017, 08:52 PM
I sort of disagree with that as it's all about the bit in bold.

Whatever money we get for them - and I'd be surprised if we let them go for as little as £4m - is far, far less relevant in the feel good factor than what we do with that money and the transfer window in general.

Now the following is not a serious suggestion so no need to point out "we'd never get so and so" as I'm just using it as an example but -
If we signed Boyce and May up front Gary McKay Steven, Scott Allan (pretend he never made an erse of himself and was going to play like he played for us in 2014/15) and Stevie Mallan I'm pretty certain we'd have a great feelgood factor even if Cummings and McGinn left.

I'd also suggest that if Danny Swanson plus some back up players like Graham and McLean were all we see in the transfer window then the feelgood factor would suffer even if we keep Cummings and McGinn.

Seriously doubt it'll be as good as the former or as bad as the latter but Cummings and McGinn are only a part of the picture.

The one thing I do hope is that if they are going - and I'd prefer they didn't - that we get the business done early so that the money can be used and used wisely as one thing you're bang on about is that money in the bank isn't going to excite folks or score any goals ;)

:top marks

It's so refreshing to read this (and other posts) about potentially losing 2 players. It shows how we are as a club. Unlike the yacht bidders, we understand and appreciate football.

I'd be worried if we didn't have players who didn't have EPL ambitions.

SJNB Hibby
27-04-2017, 08:54 PM
If they go they go

Agreed, but hopefully not at the same time, and hopefully daan saff. Much prefer following the exploits of Whitty and Fletcher, than Broony----sorry Broony

SquashedFrogg
27-04-2017, 08:58 PM
Agreed, but hopefully not at the same time, and hopefully daan saff. Much prefer following the exploits of Whitty and Fletcher, than Broony----sorry Broony

Always thought Broony would've been a star down south. Easily better that the other two (who obviously have proved their worth)

SB would've been sensational. Strachen ruined him IMO

1van Sprou7e
27-04-2017, 08:59 PM

Didn't we sell Scott Brown for 4.4 million? And that was 10 years ago

heidtheba
27-04-2017, 09:02 PM
If they did get sold, what would the money be needed for other than player wages/transfer fees for new players? Are there any infrastructure things we still need to play for/plan for?

Bishop Hibee
27-04-2017, 09:02 PM
It all depends if offers are made from clubs either Cummings and McGinn are interested in and they meet Hibs evaluation of the players.

Lennon will have a decent budget to bring in players. We didn't cough up the 50K for Commons wages as the board and management reckoned we had the squad to go up and were proved right. I expect some exciting signings whether either or both go.

Gmack7
27-04-2017, 09:10 PM
If they did get sold, what would the money be needed for other than player wages/transfer fees for new players? Are there any infrastructure things we still need to play for/plan for?

Fill in the corners 😁

madhatter
27-04-2017, 09:16 PM
If all the money taken from transfers is directed straight into player recruitment and development I have no issue with them leaving.

Lets not kid ourselves, a big reason we get so many of these talented players coming to our club trying to resurrect or develop their careers is because we have a reputation of getting them a big move eventually.

How many ex-Hibs players have had recent stints in the English Premier League? I can think of a couple. How many non-old firm teams can say that? Not many. We've unfortunately had a record of not investing the money accrued.

We, like most, are a selling club. At the end of the day if they intend to leave shortly we are better selling early rather than later on.

Mainstandman
27-04-2017, 09:35 PM
Paid for east mains I think

jacomo
27-04-2017, 09:43 PM
Always thought Broony would've been a star down south. Easily better that the other two (who obviously have proved their worth)

SB would've been sensational. Strachen ruined him IMO

SB made a decision to stay in Scotland for family reasons, I respect him for that.

He certainly became a different player at Celtc but he's had a very good career, arguably the most successful Scottish of his generation.

Sammy7nil
27-04-2017, 09:47 PM

And that was when silly money was kicking around Scottish football that is no longer the case.

Craig_in_Prague
27-04-2017, 10:16 PM
We need players who want to be at Hibs and will fight for our next goals and objectives. If big money comes in for those who aren't committed, then cheerio. We should be able to sign good players on decent wages.

Big L
27-04-2017, 10:26 PM

I can't see why doing a loan deal with Celtic for Griffiths as part of any deal for JMCG is fantasy. It just becomes part of the negotiation with his wage being split between the two clubs. Griff doesn't miss out on cash. We did it with Commons, albeit it was a short term deal.

keep the faith
27-04-2017, 10:32 PM
The idea that LG would be coming in any deal is ridiculous.
We should however be trying to get Henderson and Allan as part of any deal.
That would be a young vibrant midfield to enhance what we have.

Slavers
27-04-2017, 10:40 PM
£4m for Cummings & 2.5m for McGinn is what i think they are worth. I think McGinn will sign a new contract but Cummings will go.

jacomo
27-04-2017, 10:43 PM
And that was when silly money was kicking around Scottish football that is no longer the case.

I'll bet Celtc are richer than a decade ago. And might get a huge fee for Dembele this summer.

AgentDaleCooper
27-04-2017, 10:50 PM
leigh, it's time to come home

:hyper

jgl07
27-04-2017, 11:10 PM
Keatings must stay!

Earlydelivery
27-04-2017, 11:39 PM
Serious

AgentDaleCooper
28-04-2017, 12:52 AM
Serious

your posts are weird

cabbageandribs1875
28-04-2017, 01:18 AM

new £25 quid speaker for each of the stands=£100 well spent

Since90+2
28-04-2017, 05:18 AM
I can't see why doing a loan deal with Celtic for Griffiths as part of any deal for JMCG is fantasy. It just becomes part of the negotiation with his wage being split between the two clubs. Griff doesn't miss out on cash. We did it with Commons, albeit it was a short term deal.

Griffiths is an important member of Celtics first team squad. He's played 29 games this season whereas Commons had played no games and was not in Rodgers plans at all so they are two completely different situations.

Greenworld
28-04-2017, 07:16 AM
£4m for Cummings & 2.5m for McGinn is what i think they are worth. I think McGinn will sign a new contract but Cummings will go.
I think the other way round would not be far of the mark.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The Spaceman
28-04-2017, 07:23 AM
Both are forever immortalised in our clubs history after the Scottish Cup. I'd love to get one more season out of them both, as if they hack it in the SPFL we will get even more for cash as well as probably getting them an even bigger move. Can't begrudge them if they do move though, would go with my very best wishes.

pacoluna
28-04-2017, 07:31 AM
straight double swap would do me.

The Leith Dutch
28-04-2017, 07:43 AM

Aside from the point made elsewhere about Griffiths being a player likely to play most games in some capacity there's also the part that we're now in the same league as Celtic (at least on paper).

You could argue that loaning us Griffiths means we'll take points off the other teams while being hamstrung against Celtic but I still think that us being in the league below played a major part of Celtic's attitude towards loaning us players.

eastcoasthibby
28-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Its open season for speculation with these two and rightly so but we have a bigger picture to took at and I think our management including LD, George Craig, No, the board have a very busy time for the next 6-8 week ...trying to get the right players in agreeing to let some go, getting some to stay .. And I can't wait to see where it ends up, as few of the names mentioned like Boyce and Moult will cost us money ..as are a few others, I will guarantee there are a few surprises on the cards !! I think the mcginn - Celtic move makes sense and has a 60% chance of happening though for him I think he is better of in a few different ways to go south. I fear for JC if he goes south this season coming, if he does it will be touch and go whether he makes it ..especially as he doesn't take kindly to bench warming ..he will be a risk to whoever buys him just now ! He needs another season here to show if he can do it consistently at the next level here ..
One Plyer I would spend a wee bit money on to get him is Marciano ..he is as good a keeper as we have had in a lot of years, wants to be here apparently and I think a good deal could be done to get him .get it done early and out of the way!!

MB62
28-04-2017, 08:37 AM
THE FACTS OF LIFE

If we are fortunate enough to have developed/signed players of a certain quality e.g. players who have become or are knocking on the door of becoming, international class players, then they will be in demand from other clubs who play in better leagues than we currently do and more importantly, PAY FAR IN EXCESS OF WHAT WE ARE CAPABLE OF DOING, this has ALWAYS BEEN the case and ALWAYS WILL BE the case, Cummings and McGinn are no exception and hopefully in 4 or 5 years, possibly Oli Shaw will be the next big self grown goal scoring superstar that bigger clubs will be sniffing around.

When the present duo go, and it's only a matter of time, this close season, January window, next close season, as long as the club get a decent fee for them, then it is up to the manager of the time to find replacements for them, that's football.

Any money we do happen to get for the lads will not all be spent on bringing in new players. Remember, we have just spent 3 seasons in the lower league and that has cost the club a great deal of money, and we all know, we are a club who like to pay our bills and run our business within acceptable structures, unlike other clubs we know about.

WHEN the lads go, good luck to them, and even better luck to our manager in finding their next replacements.

we are hibs
28-04-2017, 08:42 AM
It all really depends who we would sign to replace him. Remember we signed James Collins to replace Leigh Griffiths? I'd hope things have moved significantly on since then and we'd sign good enough replacements if they went. I still think both would benefit from another year at hibs. I personally think that Cummings would be harder to replace than McGinn. Natural goalscorers are hard to find.

GreenNWhiteArmy
28-04-2017, 09:50 AM
Both players will leave Hibs. Simple.

Could that be in the summer? yeah

Should it be in the summer? No chance

Moving on in the summer only benefits both players' bank account and agents IMO. Neither are close to being ready for Celtic or English football. 46 league games, cup games, its a tough slog down there and both are still very raw.

SJM has again all my opinion disappointed this season comparing it against last season. That is all down to the fact that our season ended close to May 28th (when you consider the partying after the cup win) then he went on the most pointless international duty ever. Didn't even kick a ball. After a very brief rest he was back in for a tough pre season with a different manager expecting different things. Then he needed surgery for months so i'm happy enough for the guys to get a longer rest and come back raring to go in pre season.

Jase is scoring consistently and while his game is improving every year, he is still a bit off in terms of the finished article. Particularly for teams that might go 1 up top. he cant play that role and as has been alluded to he will spend more time on the bench than on the pitch imo. Would hope Holty is having a word in his ear about moving and it being all about the timing.

Next season we SHOULD have 16 games from Aberdeen/Celtic/Rangers and Hearts so even these fixtures regularly will improve there overall game play. If they do move on in the summer i'll wish them well but fear their careers wont progress how it potentially could

IWasThere2016
28-04-2017, 10:01 AM

I expect both to leave and Hibs keen to sell. We only get 60% of any fee for SJM.

JimBHibees
28-04-2017, 10:15 AM

Hope that is the case.

Hibernia&Alba
28-04-2017, 10:30 AM
It's probably 50-50 just now that they will be with us next season. We'll just have to wait and see what transpires. If they go, we just have to hope it's for a good fee; don't let them go on the cheap.

J-C
28-04-2017, 11:36 AM
Hope that is the case.

So do I but as you know when the money starts calling in both transfer fees and wages.

We are a selling club when it comes to our prize assets, it's always been the case but thankfully we have a st up with Craig, LD and Lennon that makes me more relaxed when it comes to selling and buying of players.

Borderhibbie76
28-04-2017, 11:38 AM
I expect both to leave and Hibs keen to sell. We only get 60% of any fee for SJM.
Utter nonsense I'm afraid no chance are hibs keen to sell

WeeRussell
28-04-2017, 11:42 AM

Depends entirely on the price. Depending on the number of millions, they'll be keen enough. It's how football works.

I make us odds-on to lose at least one of them. Really hope they both remain but won't begrudge either of them the move away (provided it's not to any of our rivals).

Borderhibbie76
28-04-2017, 11:48 AM
Depends entirely on the price. Depending on the number of millions, they'll be keen enough. It's how football works.

I make us odds-on to lose at least one of them. Really hope they both remain but won't begrudge either of them the move away (provided it's not to any of our rivals).
Absolutely this is true but the poster said hibs will be desperate to sell...just not true. We will reluctantly sell if the price is right and player (s) want to go but no way will we be flogging either of them.of it's not.on our terms

Spudster
28-04-2017, 01:09 PM
Wonder how that work if a deal was say Hendo, McKay-Steven and £1M?

SteveHFC
28-04-2017, 01:15 PM

And Griffiths :hyper

JimBHibees
28-04-2017, 01:28 PM

They would need to put a value on each player to come up with a total transfer value for SJM then Hibs would pay Saints the percentage due.

jacomo
28-04-2017, 01:35 PM

Says who?

JimBHibees
28-04-2017, 01:36 PM
Says who?

Think the Saints owner said it was 30 or 33 % couple of years back. May not be of course and he may have been over egging it as it was a fans q ad a session apparently.

Houchy
28-04-2017, 01:47 PM
I hope lennon can convince both to stay at least one more season.

That's my thoughts exactly. If that's the case, we'll need to extend SJM's contract by a year at least or we could lose him on a pre-contract next summer.

I'm assuming JC's contract extension takes him past having to worry about losing him to a pre-contract next season?

jacomo
28-04-2017, 01:58 PM
That's my thoughts exactly. If that's the case, we'll need to extend SJM's contract by a year at least or we could lose him on a pre-contract next summer.

I'm assuming JC's contract extension takes him past having to worry about losing him to a pre-contract next season?

SJM contract has 2 more years to run.

JC contract 3 more years.

The claim from St Mirren is that they get 33% of any fee over £100k for SJM. Let's stick to the facts as we know them and not just make up numbers out of thin air!

ekhibee
28-04-2017, 02:25 PM
I reckon they'll both be off, and we'll get approx £2 million for Cummings, £1.5 million for McGinn. Not because I think Cummings is a better player, but just that goalscorers tend to go for more money. McGinn is an international, but Scotland are pretty pish just now so not sure how much that adds to his value. Hope I'm wrong and they stay for another season though.

IanM
28-04-2017, 02:36 PM
Lennon's reacted:

He said: "I just spoke to them this morning and I said don't talk publicly about your future again until you get permission from me.

"They are on long-term contracts and we will decide - i.e. myself and the board of directors of the club -whether we accept an offer or we don't.

IanM
28-04-2017, 02:39 PM
^^ The way it should be

I remember reading an article by Kenny Millar a few months back and he mentioned he'd be surprised if they both stayed this season - not sure he's got any info but he'll know or have heard of something whether it was from the player(s) or sources but I've resigned myself to losing both.

Wouldn't it be nice though to Keep them both, add the likes of Allen, GMS, Moult etc. So we actually have a very strong side for at least our first season and see how good we actually are

houstonhibbee
28-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Lennon's reacted:

He said: "I just spoke to them this morning and I said don't talk publicly about your future again until you get permission from me.

"They are on long-term contracts and we will decide - i.e. myself and the board of directors of the club -whether we accept an offer or we don't.
The players would have to agreevpersonal terms as well

houstonhibbee
28-04-2017, 02:44 PM
I can't see hibs agreeing to let either go unless it was an offer they couldn't refuse -, and for mr that would be in the region of 4 million each

ancient hibee
28-04-2017, 02:45 PM
The players would have to agreevpersonal terms as well
They can agree any personal terms they want but it doesn't matter a toss until the club agrees to sell.Lennon is correct they go when the club says.

HibsNutter
28-04-2017, 02:46 PM
Some of the valuations of the players on here are way off, £1.5 for McGinn and £2m for Cummings, **** that.

Thankfully we have people in charge that will get what we deserve if they do go. According to Lennon '£1.8m couldn't cover JC's right leg now'.

Hibs90
28-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Lennon's reacted:

I like this. Like this alot.

Pete
28-04-2017, 02:55 PM
Lennon's reacted:

Fantastic.

Tyler Durden
28-04-2017, 03:08 PM
Lennon's reacted:

Unnecessary from Lennon and he makes himself look foolish at times IMO. Neither player has said anything wrong, they've handled questions quite professionally and diplomatically even.

No doubt Lennon made similar comments himself as a player and will likely do so again as a manager

green day
28-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Unnecessary from Lennon and he makes himself look foolish at times IMO. Neither player has said anything wrong, they've handled questions quite professionally and diplomatically even.

No doubt Lennon made similar comments himself as a player and will likely do so again as a manager

Entirely necessary. Both went much further than "I am under contract to Hibs". They need to know the score.

Betty Boop
28-04-2017, 03:14 PM
Thought McGinn would be a nap to join Celtic as he is a supporter and his Grandad former chairman.

Tyler Durden
28-04-2017, 03:17 PM
Entirely necessary. Both went much further than "I am under contract to Hibs". They need to know the score.

Do you think there's anything that Lennon said that they didn't already know? McGinn said "unless someone tells me otherwise I'll be a Hibs player"

They don't need to ask anyone's permission to talk about their future and there's no need to create a situation that doesn't exist. They're clearly two good professionals.

Peevemor
28-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Maybe Lennon's comments are as much to deter the media from posing the question as it was a slap on the wrist for the players?

ancient hibee
28-04-2017, 03:42 PM
Do you think there's anything that Lennon said that they didn't already know? McGinn said "unless someone tells me otherwise I'll be a Hibs player"

They don't need to ask anyone's permission to talk about their future and there's no need to create a situation that doesn't exist. They're clearly two good professionals.
Clearly they do need the club's permission and Lennon has just told them that.

Houchy
28-04-2017, 03:46 PM
SJM contract has 2 more years to run.

JC contract 3 more years.

The claim from St Mirren is that they get 33% of any fee over £100k for SJM. Let's stick to the facts as we know them and not just make up numbers out of thin air!

So SJM has 2 years left, this time next year, 1 year left and free to sign a pre-contract no? Hence the reason I said we need to get at least a one year extension if we're going to keep him for a year in the premier. So I'm not "just making up numbers out of thin air" basic maths to me.

portyhibernian
28-04-2017, 03:46 PM
I like the fact Lennon said that. When I seen the story yesterday it smacked to me of players looking to leave us, particularly Cummings who's unproven at any decent level as of right now.

Borderhibbie76
28-04-2017, 03:51 PM

Are you joking?? He is bang on they are both on long term contracts and as such should not be discussing their futures in the press. They are hibs players till we decide otherwise...simples

Borderhibbie76
28-04-2017, 03:52 PM
So SJM has 2 years left, this time next year, 1 year left and free to sign a pre-contract no? Hence the reason I said we need to get at least a one year extension if we're going to keep him for a year in the premier. So I'm not "just making up numbers out of thin air" basic maths to me.
U can only sign a pre contract elsewhere in last 6 months of a.contract not a year mate

jacomo
28-04-2017, 03:56 PM

Nope, a player can only sign a pre-contract with 6 months or less on their current deal.

Jag7
28-04-2017, 03:59 PM

Rubbish, that's the kind of manager Hibs have been crying out for !

Col2
28-04-2017, 04:02 PM
I would be looking for the majority of the fee to go towards a new contract for Fyvie.

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2017, 04:03 PM
I would be looking for the majority of the fee to go towards a new contract for Fyvie.
:greengrin

Kato
28-04-2017, 04:04 PM

How is making himself look foolish. Its exactly what any good manager should say.

Smartie
28-04-2017, 04:07 PM
I love the fact that Lennon has clamped down on this.

Whilst the quotes weren't the worst I've ever read, they weren't a million miles away from getting into "sweeties" territory.

houstonhibbee
28-04-2017, 04:07 PM
They can agree any personal terms they want but it doesn't matter a toss until the club agrees to sell.Lennon is correct they go when the club says.
I said as well.........

Houchy
28-04-2017, 04:11 PM
U can only sign a pre contract elsewhere in last 6 months of a.contract not a year mate

My mistake, I thought it was a year.

Big L
28-04-2017, 05:09 PM

How is he looking foolish? JC's got 3yrs left and he's telling us he's done his bit and he's off, Hibs say when he leaves and as for McGinn, he said he would discuss his future with his agent and his family. I've got a bit of advice for the two of them. shut up!!

lucky
28-04-2017, 05:25 PM
Lennon again showing he's the boss. SJM & JC will learn from it. But they should know better than to say they'll decide if they are moving on or not. Both are decent players with the potential to have great careers but at this stage they have achieved very little in the game and should knuckle down and stay at Hibs for at least one more season and continue to develop

SON OF PADDY
28-04-2017, 05:27 PM
How is he looking foolish? JC's got 3yrs left and he's telling us he's done his bit and he's off, Hibs say when he leaves and as for McGinn, he said he would discuss his future with his agent and his family. I've got a bit of advice for the two of them. shut up!!

Excellent advice let's hope they take note.😁

Big_Franck
28-04-2017, 05:51 PM
I've not always been the biggest fan of Lennon this season, but if he said what was quoted above I totally agree with him and I'm delighted they've been told this in no uncertain terms. Well done, Neil.

FWIW I think McGinn will go this summer and Jason will stay for a crack at the Premiership and then go in summer 2018.

Lago
28-04-2017, 06:16 PM
Absolutely this is true but the poster said hibs will be desperate to sell...just not true. We will reluctantly sell if the price is right and player (s) want to go but no way will we be flogging either of them.of it's not.on our terms

Spot on.

J-C
28-04-2017, 07:16 PM
McGinn was in a St Mirren team that was on the verge of relegation and Cummings was in a team that got relegated. They have both played 3 years plying their trade in the Scottish Championship and achieved a cup win and promotion, apart from that they've still to really achieve anything. One good year in the SPL and then they can leave with our good wishes.

Sir David Gray
28-04-2017, 10:47 PM

I didn't think McGinn said a lot wrong in his interview, it was fairly standard stuff. Cummings' comments were a bit disappointing and hinted at being eager to leave if he was given half a chance as he had taken his Hibs career as far as he could.

Lennon's right to remind everyone who's boss. We're the ones who hold the aces here with the long contracts and the club won't be pushed into accepting a deal for anyone unless it represents value for money.

hibbysam
29-04-2017, 07:34 AM
McGinn was in a St Mitten team that was on the verge of relegation and Cummings was in a team that got relegated. They have both played 3 years plying their trade in the Scottish Championship and achieved a cup win and promotion, apart from that they've still to really achieve anything. One good year in the SPL and then they can leave with our good wishes.

McGinn has only played 2 years in the championship, won both cups, promotion and became a regular in the Scotland squad. He won't achieve anything more when we get promoted as we won't be winning the league.

Tyler Durden
29-04-2017, 07:45 AM
Are you joking?? He is bang on they are both on long term contracts and as such should not be discussing their futures in the press. They are hibs players till we decide otherwise...simples

McGinn said as much in his interview - he's a Hibs player until Hibs decide otherwise.

Tyler Durden
29-04-2017, 07:46 AM
Clearly they do need the club's permission and Lennon has just told them that.

Which is meaningless. Next time one of them answers a question about their future, do you think Lennon is going to drop them?

Tyler Durden
29-04-2017, 07:49 AM
Rubbish, that's the kind of manager Hibs have been crying out for !

I'm all for a winning Hibs manager who gets the best from his players, not fussed about someone who constantly wants to act the big man and slate the players whilst showing little sign of improving their apparent shortcomings

Tyler Durden
29-04-2017, 07:50 AM
Lennon again showing he's the boss. SJM & JC will learn from it. But they should know better than to say they'll decide if they are moving on or not. Both are decent players with the potential to have great careers but at this stage they have achieved very little in the game and should knuckle down and stay at Hibs for at least one more season and continue to develop

Neither of them said they would decide if they are moving or not.

Tyler Durden
29-04-2017, 08:20 AM
Maybe Lennon's comments are as much to deter the media from posing the question as it was a slap on the wrist for the players?

Reading the full article, I think you are probably right

J-C
29-04-2017, 08:25 AM
McGinn has only played 2 years in the championship, won both cups, promotion and became a regular in the Scotland squad. He won't achieve anything more when we get promoted as we won't be winning the league.

Yes only 2 years, typed before thinking :greengrin

He'll achieve a years more experience playing against the best players in Scottish football and helping Hibs get a top 4 finish, if he does this then he'll be ready for a move.

ekhibee
29-04-2017, 08:35 AM
I was reading on another thread there's possible interest in Cummings from Derby County, maybe Sunderland too?

TRC
29-04-2017, 08:37 AM
I was thinking about the SJM transfer, sure i read that this 33% figure was a bit uncertain, could it be that it was 33% if we got promoted, but reduced if we failed to win promotion the first time of asking (after we signed SJM)??

Tyler Durden
29-04-2017, 08:40 AM
I was thinking about the SJM transfer, sure i read that this 33% figure was a bit uncertain, could it be that it was 33% if we got promoted, but reduced if we failed to win promotion the first time of asking (after we signed SJM)??

We're not going to know so seems a bit pointless to speculate?

Whatever happens it was a good deal for us to bring him in, what a signing he has been. Now to identify the next SJM

madhatter
29-04-2017, 08:58 AM
If they aren't wanting to stay fully in their minds then I think if really good offers come in we'd need to take - 6million for both or thereabouts would be acceptable in my eyes. Plus let's be honest, if we had 4-5 million + to spend solely on the team, we'd actually be able to strengthen considerably.

McGinn has been good but let's not forget that he's been terrible this season compared to last and a big reason he's stayed in the Scotland squad is because he is at Hibs. Just look along the road, Walker has had the best seasons of his career and still nothing.

Cummings as well - goalscoring prowess can't be beat really, that knack for scoring can't be taught. However, how many games in the Championship was he anonymous? How many times has he taken a shocking first touch, pushed off the ball?

They are good players, they are not Messi and Ronaldo. I'm easy about them staying or leaving. I'd rather the club got money than them just running down their contracts though.

Phil MaGlass
29-04-2017, 09:05 AM
If they aren't wanting to stay fully in their minds then I think if really good offers come in we'd need to take - 6million for both or thereabouts would be acceptable in my eyes. Plus let's be honest, if we had 4-5 million + to spend solely on the team, we'd actually be able to strengthen considerably.

McGinn has been good but let's not forget that he's been terrible this season compared to last and a big reason he's stayed in the Scotland squad is because he is at Hibs. Just look along the road, Walker has had the best seasons of his career and still nothing.

Cummings as well - goalscoring prowess can't be beat really, that knack for scoring can't be taught. However, how many games in the Championship was he anonymous? How many times has he taken a shocking first touch, pushed off the ball?

They are good players, they are not Messi and Ronaldo. I'm easy about them staying or leaving. I'd rather the club got money than them just running down their contracts though.

I dont think there will be any chance of Cummings running his contract down, he has another 3yrs.?

superfurryhibby
29-04-2017, 09:06 AM
We're not going to know so seems a bit pointless to speculate?

Whatever happens it was a good deal for us to bring him in, what a signing he has been. Now to identify the next SJM

Without speculation there is no Hibs Net?

As long as we get good fees and invest the money in the squad then thet are welcome to move on. The reality is that successful players will always be tempted by the bigger money, the key thing is that we invest wisely should they leave.

Whilst I wuld prefer these guys to stay for at least another season, I also recognise that the money would pay the wages for the likes Stokes Henderson, Allan and GMS. I would take the likes of these four plus cash and see that as good business for Hibs.

WhileTheChief..
29-04-2017, 09:08 AM
7 pages in and I'm still trying to understand the title of this thread :confused:

Lago
29-04-2017, 09:21 AM
7 pages in and I'm still trying to understand the title of this thread :confused:
Quote from Cummings during interview.

madhatter
29-04-2017, 10:23 AM
I dont think there will be any chance of Cummings running his contract down, he has another 3yrs.?

Yes but every year clubs can try their hand at offering less, puts Hibs in a tricky position - take less money or lose them. Remember McGinn has only 2 years left so if he stays, Hibs are likely going to have to accept any bid next year as it's down to 1 year...

jodjam
29-04-2017, 10:24 AM
We had Mcginn, average John Mcginn
The hibs fans don't seem to understand
If it's 25% or 35%
That the saints are gonna get for him

snooky
29-04-2017, 11:16 AM
As far as I'm concerned they can both go - if the price is right. No player is irreplaceable at this level.
I'd rather have the ones who want to be here and are hungry than players who think their work is done.

IWasThere2016
02-05-2017, 02:09 PM

FTR, I did NOT say desperate

ahibby
02-05-2017, 03:14 PM
I can't see JM moving this summer. It would take a really big offer to get him and I don't see it coming this summer but maybe after one year in the SPL but we will see. JC on the other hand, IMO hasn't really proved himself in the big matches at Hampden and for me that says a lot. I'm not sure how many in play goals we scored in the SC at Hampden in the past two seasons, at least five and he didn't get any of them, although he had chances. That's when real quality shines through IMO. I don't know why that would be, perhaps he has still to mature as a person or as a footballer. I think JC could move on to see if he can reach that next level somewhere else as I don't think he would improve at Hibs.

houstonhibbee
02-05-2017, 04:44 PM
We had Mcginn, average John Mcginn
The hibs fans don't seem to understand
If it's 25% or 35%
That the saints are gonna get for him
33 1/3 apparently

Heisenberg
04-05-2017, 11:05 PM
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/800480/Celtic-transfer-news-Brendan-Rodgers-Hibernian-John-McGinn

1.5 million? They can chuck in Henderson + Allan and another million then we'll talk.

ekhibee
05-05-2017, 12:09 AM
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/800480/Celtic-transfer-news-Brendan-Rodgers-Hibernian-John-McGinn

1.5 million? They can chuck in Henderson + Allan and another million then we'll talk.
It also says we've been trying to get him to sign a new contract. He's still got 2 years left of the current one, so not sure how accurate that article is.

Heisenberg
05-05-2017, 12:16 AM
It also says we've been trying to get him to sign a new contract. He's still got 2 years left of the current one, so not sure how accurate that article is.

There was definitely a rumour going about a couple of weeks ago that we'd offered him a new deal. Wouldn't be a surprise if we had offered him some improved terms plus an extra year on his current deal.

Pete
05-05-2017, 12:17 AM

£1.5 million?

:rotflmao:

Vault Boy
05-05-2017, 01:12 AM
Probably reading something into nothing, but in Lennon's Facebook live interview he said something like,

'they both seem pretty happy here, particularly Jason...'

Wonder what it is that makes JC seem more content than SJM. Again, it's probably something out of nothing.

Onion
05-05-2017, 04:46 AM

A rich Glasgow club trying to low-ball Hibs for best talent, fully supported by the mainstream media :shocked:

Hibs90
05-05-2017, 06:48 AM
£1.5 million?

:rotflmao:

Treble it and then we can talk. Otherwise bolt. And if McGinn's heart isn't in it he can bolt aswell. No player is bigger than the club.

Greencore
05-05-2017, 07:06 AM
1.5M for McGinn 😂😂😂

Marco G
05-05-2017, 07:14 AM
Treble it and then we can talk. Otherwise bolt. And if McGinn's heart isn't in it he can bolt aswell. No player is bigger than the club.
Whoa! All McGinn had said was that he was sitting down with agent and family at end of season as he always does, but unless he hears otherwise he expects to be lining up for Hibs next season. Imo he has always shown us great respect and worked his socks off to get back from his operation. So think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself here imho.
Regarding your comments about Celtic, then I agree with that! [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

500miles
05-05-2017, 07:14 AM
1.5M for McGinn 😂😂😂

If it includes Liam Henderson getting released from his contract to sign for us, it's a great deal for both of us. Exactly the type of player to take McGinn's place.

keep the faith
05-05-2017, 07:20 AM

1M plus Henderson and Allan is the deal we should demand otherwise take bigger money in england.

Heisenberg
05-05-2017, 07:21 AM
Due to St Mirren getting 33% of any fee, 1.5 million is nowhere near enough.

GreenArmyyy!
05-05-2017, 07:34 AM
2.25 million plus Henderson to accommodate St Mirren's sell on clause is what I'd be looking for.

Hibs90
05-05-2017, 09:00 AM
Whoa! All McGinn had said was that he was sitting down with agent and family at end of season as he always does, but unless he hears otherwise he expects to be lining up for Hibs next season. Imo he has always shown us great respect and worked his socks off to get back from his operation. So think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself here imho.
Regarding your comments about Celtic, then I agree with that! [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Maybe a little bit ahead of myself. Not had my breakfast yet :greengrin

Just sick of seeing our best players go to them.

1van Sprou7e
05-05-2017, 09:05 AM
Maybe a little bit ahead of myself. Not had my breakfast yet :greengrin

Just sick of seeing our best players go to them.

Before Scott Allan when was the last time one of our best players went to them? Obviously Griffiths doesn't count

The Allan deal was a bit different since we got such a good trade and also it was much better to see him join them instead of the huns