PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown ( NHC )

Suburban Hibby
27-04-2017, 03:20 PM
Wins appeal??? Really, is there a clearer red card all season?

JimBHibees
27-04-2017, 03:27 PM

Laughable.

Ryan91
27-04-2017, 03:30 PM
He plays for Celtc, and he's the captain, of course he was going to get the red rescinded

number9dream
27-04-2017, 03:30 PM
Astonishing!

One of the clearest red cards you will ever see...

CMurdoch
27-04-2017, 03:31 PM
No wonder players appeal!

oldbutdim
27-04-2017, 03:33 PM

Yes.

Andy Halliday's 3rd minute shocker last week.

Bishop Hibee
27-04-2017, 03:34 PM
Absolute shocker. I love Broony but he cleaned the man out in that challenge. This and the decision not to punish the Morton forward who went down holding his face when McGregor didn't touch him make a laughing stock of any SFA panel.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-04-2017, 03:36 PM

No surprises if you look at the penalty given against them in the same game. SFA need t give the Establishment team a sweetie.

Just riles a bit when you see what Marvin Bartley had to go through to get his inept red cards overturned.

Since90+2
27-04-2017, 03:38 PM
Expect some hefty challenges in this weekends Old Firm (probably mostly on Brown) given that the SFA have said that Brown's challenge on Boyce was only a yellow.

lord bunberry
27-04-2017, 03:43 PM
I don't think it was a red card. It wasn't high or out of control.

HibeeDave
27-04-2017, 03:45 PM

agreed, i had a feeling it would be reduced to a yellow

Hibernia&Alba
27-04-2017, 03:55 PM
Yes.

Andy Halliday's 3rd minute shocker last week.

I actually thought Halliday's was worse, but both were red cards IMHO.

makaveli1875
27-04-2017, 03:59 PM
hallidays was alot worse , that could have easily been a broken leg

greenlex
27-04-2017, 04:07 PM

Wasn't high but he certainly wasn't in control.

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2017, 04:15 PM
I thought it was borderline red at the time, sometimes they pull the red out for a challenge like that.

Collum letting Halliday dive in like a madman on Sunday aided the Celtic appeal.

lord bunberry
27-04-2017, 04:26 PM
Wasn't high but he certainly wasn't in control.

At this stage I'd normally point you to the evidence that the authorities agreed with me, but given the track record of the authorities in this country it wouldn't be much of a defence

shetlandhibee
27-04-2017, 04:30 PM
[QUOTE=lord bunberry;5025971]I don't think it was a red card. It wasn't high or out of control,,,,,,,,,,, wasnt out of control? you can see his shin bend watching it in slow motion! if thats not out of control what is? IMHO:agree:

greenlex
27-04-2017, 05:23 PM
At this stage I'd normally point you to the evidence that the authorities agreed with me, but given the track record of the authorities in this country it wouldn't be much of a defence

Well actually they didn't. They agreed he wasn't in control.

A Disciplinary Tribunal convened today to consider the following claim of wrongful dismissal:

Player: Scott Brown (Celtic FC)
Match: Ross County v Celtic - Sunday, 16 April 2017 (Scottish Premiership)
Case: Claim of wrongful dismissal for serious foul play
Outcome: Claim upheld; sending-off reduced to caution for recklessly dangerous play. Fee returned.

DavidDavidGray
27-04-2017, 05:37 PM
Celtic isn't it? SFA will always help out the Old Firm at any opportunity, thought it was as clear a red card as you get

27-04-2017, 05:47 PM
Celtic captain. Say no more.

where'stheslope
27-04-2017, 06:20 PM
When you look back at our players being sent off through the season i.e. Bartley none were a worse challenge than Brown's!!!

It just goes to show that the panel who look at it are as bent as a "nine bob note", even Brown's manager Rodgers said it was the right decision and he would not appeal it????

Then did as it would not be seen until after the cup semi??

lord bunberry
27-04-2017, 06:49 PM
https://youtu.be/6hn3dYO0li0
Ive watched it a few times now and I still don't think it's a red card.

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2017, 06:53 PM

Me too, if that was a hibs player i'd be livid if he was sent off. :agree:

vla_di_vla
27-04-2017, 06:58 PM

I agree. First time I've seen it and it's late but intent was to win the ball

HibeesLA
27-04-2017, 07:08 PM

Agree. Reckless, which is a yellow, but not serious foul play for me.

FitbaFolkKen
27-04-2017, 08:07 PM

As an isolated incident it is debatable yellow red although I would edge towards the red. However in the game itself the player he made the "tackle" on had a niggle at him just a couple of minutes beforehand. Someone mentioned control and I think Broonie was very much in control and wanted to give the other boy a sore one.

gaz1875
27-04-2017, 08:40 PM
As an isolated incident it is debatable yellow red although I would edge towards the red. However in the game itself the player he made the "tackle" on had a niggle at him just a couple of minutes beforehand. Someone mentioned control and I think Broonie was very much in control and wanted to give the other boy a sore one.

Yep I think the same, incident before probably convinced the ref it was retaliation.

Carheenlea
27-04-2017, 09:20 PM
There was a similar incident last night where after Bartley was hit with a bad tackle he was clearly livid, and he retaliated with a bad tackle himself - difference being that the referee luckily missed it :greengrin.
Still think Browns was a red myself - it was retaliatory in nature and clear what his intention was.

HibernianJK
27-04-2017, 09:53 PM

Don't think there is any chance Brown is trying to win the ball. Pissed off about bad penalty decision and had to take it out on somebody.

McD
27-04-2017, 10:01 PM
Don't think there is any chance Brown is trying to win the ball. Pissed off about bad penalty decision and had to take it out on somebody.

Had a wee kick at the same player a few seconds earlier (after being fouled by that player)

JimBHibees
28-04-2017, 09:22 AM

Agree intention was to kick the guy red all day long.

Mikey09
28-04-2017, 09:32 AM
Posted at the time Celtic should appeal as it wasn't a red for me. Wasn't out of control or going at speed. It was a wee bit cynical but only worthy of a yellow in my opinion. It was the reaction of the County players that got him the red in that case. Correct decision in my opinion.

where'stheslope
28-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Posted at the time Celtic should appeal as it wasn't a red for me. Wasn't out of control or going at speed. It was a wee bit cynical but only worthy of a yellow in my opinion. It was the reaction of the County players that got him the red in that case. Correct decision in my opinion.
I would say it was nearly the exact same as the challenge at Easter Road when we played Morton!

Two footed challenge out off control completely taking the player and no ball contact!

Yet everyone on here wanted the Morton player executed for the challenge?

Strange place here at times?????

lord bunberry
28-04-2017, 11:34 AM
I would say it was nearly the exact same as the challenge at Easter Road when we played Morton!

Two footed challenge out off control completely taking the player and no ball contact!

It was nothing like you described. It wasn't 2 footed and it wasn't completely out of control. Brown slid in and deliberately brought the guy down. A yellow was the correct decision.

WeeRussell
28-04-2017, 11:36 AM
Even if it is a borderline red card, surely the appeal should only be upheld if it is clear the referee has made a mistake/particularly bad decision (or if it is mistaken identity).

Unless the ref has come out after and said he's made an error with it, it should never be overturned.

(Maybe the ref has changed his mind - haven't read the whole thread or article).

One of those decisions that you can argue for either way for me... but should never have been reversed.

SFA!

Biggie
28-04-2017, 11:55 AM

As soon as Halliday only got a yellow for that challenge last Sunday, Brown was in the clear. 2 horrible challenges, but the GFA couldn't have halliday getting away with a yellow and Brown staying red....was a nap he would be downgraded to a yellow.

where'stheslope
28-04-2017, 12:02 PM
It was nothing like you described. It wasn't 2 footed and it wasn't completely out of control. Brown slid in and deliberately brought the guy down. A yellow was the correct decision.

You should watch it again on page one of this thread, two footed studs showing scissor action, and looking to injure the player!!!!!

Jim44
28-04-2017, 12:05 PM
Any situation where one of the Ugly Sisters incenses the other is music to my ears.:greengrin

lord bunberry
28-04-2017, 12:06 PM
You should watch it again on page one of this thread, two footed studs showing scissor action, and looking to injure the player!!!!!
I have it was me that posted the video.

JohnMcM
28-04-2017, 02:35 PM
The Bear's Den will be more lit up than a 1970's disco with this decision. :thumbsup:

Zazu62
28-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Imagine if Bartley had made that tackle would probably be a 5 game ban !

Mikey09
28-04-2017, 08:11 PM

Nonsense. It was nothing like that. As I said, my opinion, yellow card.

Jonnyboy
28-04-2017, 08:15 PM
As soon as Halliday only got a yellow for that challenge last Sunday, Brown was in the clear. 2 horrible challenges, but the GFA couldn't have halliday getting away with a yellow and Brown staying red....was a nap he would be downgraded to a yellow.

Ah, but BBC Sportsound had Charlie Richmond on the phone to them saying the Brown incident could only be looked at in isolation. He went on to say it was a red in his opinion (differing from studio guests Tam McManus and John Rankin). When asked if the Halliday yellow should have been a red he said no, yellow only. Tam took him to task, stating and rightly so that the challenge was both reckless and dangerous. No surprise that Charlie stuck to his guns. I half expected him to say he had to go because he was due at a meeting down at the Lodge :greengrin

bigwheel
28-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Ah, but BBC Sportsound had Charlie Richmond on the phone to them saying the Brown incident could only be looked at in isolation. He went on to say it was a red in his opinion (differing from studio guests Tam McManus and John Rankin). When asked if the Halliday yellow should have been a red he said no, yellow only. Tam took him to task, stating and rightly so that the challenge was both reckless and dangerous. No surprise that Charlie stuck to his guns. I half expected him to say he had to go because he was due at a meeting down at the Lodge :greengrin

Isn't it bewildering that Richmond who was in a class of his own as the worst referee by miles during his career...is now the BBC voice of refereeing.... [emoji107]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
28-04-2017, 08:21 PM
Isn't it bewildering that Richmond who was in a class of his own as the worst referee by miles during his career...is now the BBC voice of refereeing.... [emoji107]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Indeed :agree:

Joe6-2
28-04-2017, 09:05 PM
This is an absolute joke!

Spike Mandela
29-04-2017, 08:05 AM
Collum letting Halliday dive in like a madman on Sunday aided the Celtic appeal.

That would be their defence at the appeal. SFA would have to admit that Collum got Halliday yellow card wrong if they didn't let Brown win his appeal. Couldn't have that could they.

Onion
29-04-2017, 08:23 AM
Decided by an organisation that was publicly accused of "sleeping on the job" and of "misleading the Government". The SFA have no credibility.

Hermit Crab
29-04-2017, 08:52 AM
As it happens his red being reduced to a yellow means he's accumulated too many bookings and now has a 2 game ban anyway missing the Aberdeen and St Johnstone games I think